Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

d0grent posted:

There's no Tyrrell = elliot reveal. If anything the reveal would be that Tyrrell is dead and elliot is just seeing him now. For Tyrrell to have always been elliot makes no sense.

I agree

But that would be a boring and predictable reveal, so I dont think it is. I think Tyrell was really alive all this time, and the real reveal is what happened that night between him and Elliot and what phase 2 is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDr_5M_HZrM

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The thing they need to address is that the bullet that was in the popcorn machine was fired, since the shell was found there by the police. I'm really hoping we find out on Wednesday, because not revealing that event after a whole other season has gone by would be . . . risky.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

We have two red rotary phones now, right?
Those are actually consistent with "red machines" in China; red rotary phones that connect/are provided to elite members of the party (in both government and industry).

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Max posted:

The thing they need to address is that the bullet that was in the popcorn machine was fired, since the shell was found there by the police. I'm really hoping we find out on Wednesday, because not revealing that event after a whole other season has gone by would be . . . risky.

Im pretty sure that we are going to have a flashback of that night in the finale

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Ersatz posted:

Those are actually consistent with "red machines" in China; red rotary phones that connect/are provided to elite members of the party (in both government and industry).

If we're all going down the timetravel/alt reality hole, I'm starting to think the red phones are a way to communicate between the two. Since both phones have appeared in 'dream states' (mental institution, the fish room) these could be projections of the ability to communicate. I am getting a strong vibe that Elliot can see and interact with people from both realities at the same time, and Angela as well after whatever Whiterose was alluding to.

Washington Township is going to be the energy plant from Stranger Things ;)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I managed to catch up on the 2nd season this weekend.

Holy poo poo is this show awesome and Rami winning an Emmy is so great. Truly deserves is with this season.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

magiccarpet posted:

If we're all going down the timetravel/alt reality hole, I'm starting to think the red phones are a way to communicate between the two. Since both phones have appeared in 'dream states' (mental institution, the fish room) these could be projections of the ability to communicate. I am getting a strong vibe that Elliot can see and interact with people from both realities at the same time, and Angela as well after whatever Whiterose was alluding to.

Washington Township is going to be the energy plant from Stranger Things ;)
The pseudo-realism of the show has been fun, but at this point I think I'm down for some magical realism by way of White Rose. Might as well just go all the way down the rabbit hole.

gonger
Apr 25, 2006

Quiet! You vegetable!

Ersatz posted:

The pseudo-realism of the show has been fun, but at this point I think I'm down for some magical realism by way of White Rose. Might as well just go all the way down the rabbit hole.

I was recently rewatching S2E05, particularly the scene with Whiterose (as Minister Zhang) and Dom. One bit of dialog from Zhang particularly stood out

Minister Zhang posted:

Let me ask, Ms. DiPierro - have you ever wondered how the world would look if the 5/9 hack never happened? How the world would look right now? In fact, some believe there are alternate realities playing out that very scenario. With other lives that we're leading, other people that we've become. The contemplation moves me very deeply.

Not exactly earth shattering, but it's more fuel for the alternate reality fire.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

gonger posted:

I was recently rewatching S2E05, particularly the scene with Whiterose (as Minister Zhang) and Dom. One bit of dialog from Zhang particularly stood out

Not exactly earth shattering, but it's more fuel for the alternate reality fire.
Yeah - I actually had that dialog in mind when I wrote my post. At a minimum, I think we're getting something like White Rose using super computing to determine possible outcomese of choices, and then steering events to maximize favorable outcomes based on the predictions.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Max posted:

Ultimate troll would have been to have his twin brother go up first, then interrupt him halfway through the speech. Super glad he got the award though!

Should've had Christian Slater accept the award on his behalf, while Rami Malek just stared at him confused.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Should've had Christian Slater accept the award on his behalf, while Rami Malek just stared at him confused.

oh my god that would have been so perfect

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

gonger posted:

Minister Zhang posted:

Let me ask, Ms. DiPierro - have you ever wondered how the world would look if the 5/9 hack never happened? How the world would look right now? In fact, some believe there are alternate realities playing out that very scenario. With other lives that we're leading, other people that we've become. The contemplation moves me very deeply.

What is kinda earth shattering is that Elliot talks to them

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Digital Jedi posted:

I managed to catch up on the 2nd season this weekend.

Holy poo poo is this show awesome and Rami winning an Emmy is so great. Truly deserves is with this season.
It's for season 1 and I haven't watched enough TV to know if he deserves it for s2 (especially with Stranger Things sucking everyone's cock) but I'd be OK with him winning again. That said, Price's actor needs to win a supporting role Emmy, despite probably not having enough airtime to be nominated.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

god dammit

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

sticklefifer posted:

Pretty sure this would have won the Emmys a Golden Globe for best comedy performance.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tyrell = Elliot theory: Why would Joanna's lackey sit there while he tried to ping the cell phone and then tell him Wellick wouldn't be in that house.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i hope there's an alternate world where elliot does apologise to the guy with the instagram full of his cats

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

Maleks twin brother really doesn't look like him. He's kind of heavy set and he's super skinny.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Ersatz posted:

Yeah - I actually had that dialog in mind when I wrote my post. At a minimum, I think we're getting something like White Rose using super computing to determine possible outcomese of choices, and then steering events to maximize favorable outcomes based on the predictions.

This would also fit with the BTTF2 references; Biff had access to an almanac from the future and used that information to gain power.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Bitter Mushroom posted:

when a record skips I too believe i've travelled in time

Well to be fair, you have.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Where is their any evidence for time travel at all other than the Bttf references. The blackouts aren't evidence of that as time is pausing if anything not jumping to another point in time.

Would also be very not in keeping with the plot so far, with its theme focusing on what/who is real and what isn't.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
I liked whoever's theory it was that the lucid dream Elliot is experiencing is actually the 3 days we missed

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

ukle posted:

Where is their any evidence for time travel at all other than the Bttf references. The blackouts aren't evidence of that as time is pausing if anything not jumping to another point in time.

Would also be very not in keeping with the plot so far, with its theme focusing on what/who is real and what isn't.

the news report skip

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Social Animal posted:

Can someone explain to me what actually happened when Elliot received the call from Tyrell in prison?

Seriously Tyrell is my favorite character, I need a bonsoir Elliot before this season ends.

Ages ago, but S1 was airing on Swiss TV last night. As it's dubbed in French he says this in Italian for the french dub. I totally forgot he originally says it in french :v:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

magiccarpet posted:

the news report skip
The TV time traveled to one second before? I don't think that's meant to be anything more than a glitch in signal caused by the brownout

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Shannon was stabbed.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011
I want the finale to air just so that we can stop talking about alternate realities.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Skizzzer posted:

I want the finale to air just so that we can stop talking about alternate realities.

Tyrell is both alive and dead until we observe the episode.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

magiccarpet posted:

the news report skip

This can equally be nothing though, a lot of TVs and on-demand services or such can skip like this when resumed.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I wonder what it's like to be Tyrell's actor and know you're a credited regular but you only have a handful of scenes throughout the whole season.

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

Mr. Powers posted:

:negative:

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Mr. Powers posted:

Schroedinger's sociopath

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I hope the finale is Elliot staring at a box for an hour and Tyrrell jumps out in the last few seconds.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hope and vaseline posted:

I wonder what it's like to be Tyrell's actor and know you're a credited regular but you only have a handful of scenes throughout the whole season.

I've read that tv serials where creators don't want their actors to know if they'll be killed or not, will end up paying every main actor a base pay, no mater how many episodes they appear in or when they die in the season. So if someone bites it in episode 2, they won't be privy to it until the moment they start shooting that episode, since as far as they know they are paid through the whole season.

They did this on Breaking Bad and the Sopranos. I imagine they did it here as well. Though Tyrell is a different situation.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Phase 1:
The seed is planted when opposites attract. Can you dig it? It takes the physical to create the physical.

Phase 2:
The flower blossoms through what seems to be a concrete surface. I.E. greed, racism, insanity, physical, and social handicaps. These are the things that mold the flower. Red rose or black rose, no in between.

Phase 3:
The judgement. If it were to fall upon you today, which flower would you be? The red rose, or the black? This is the warning.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

Phase 1:
The seed is planted when opposites attract. Can you dig it? It takes the physical to create the physical.

Phase 2:
The flower blossoms through what seems to be a concrete surface. I.E. greed, racism, insanity, physical, and social handicaps. These are the things that mold the flower. Red rose or black rose, no in between.

Phase 3:
The judgement. If it were to fall upon you today, which flower would you be? The red rose, or the black? This is the warning.
What?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The doctor is clearly on to something.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

kill me now posted:

Manhattan and the upper east side is not a place that has 'houses'.

edit: except for the Schinasi mansion if you want to be pedantic

The UES has plenty of townhouses though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

theflyingexecutive posted:

The UES has plenty of townhouses though?

Right and unless I'm way off they showed Knowles living in a townhouse which was referenced as an "apartment" by the poster i quoted.

• Locked thread