Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

h_double posted:

One of Dr. Brown's sons is not totally out of the realm of possibility.

I think it kind of is. I'm not about to go hunting for screencaps, but i think they were both visibly shorter than Gamby.

Whoever shot him was obviously taller before they put the mask on, if that was your rebuttal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
I really doubt they paid an actor's fee for 10 seconds of an episode when they could've just as easily had an extra stand in instead.

Whoever was underneath it in the episode isn't going to matter and they could just as easily change it if the desired character's actor negotiation went a different way.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Love Crime posted:

I really doubt they paid an actor's fee for 10 seconds of an episode when they could've just as easily had an extra stand in instead.

Whoever was underneath it in the episode isn't going to matter and they could just as easily change it if the desired character's actor negotiation went a different way.

They filmed the entire series (two seasons) already, and even if some SAG payout was, for some reason, a concern to an HBO production, I promise you that Hollywood is so full of anxious extras that they'd have gotten the loving height and weight right.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

It's gonna end up being that teacher he fired early in the season.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

They filmed the entire series (two seasons) already, and even if some SAG payout was, for some reason, a concern to an HBO production, I promise you that Hollywood is so full of anxious extras that they'd have gotten the loving height and weight right.

That depends on if they want the audience to figure it out or if they want the audience to just be in suspense, doesn't it? I don't think it's her kids either, that would be a bit too far height-wise to be believable, but if it's the latter then I don't think they'd care about more than just being in the ballpark since solving the mystery isn't the point of the scene.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It was old man McJimmins the entire time!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Y'all ready for the truth?

The shooter of Gamby, or the Gamby Shooter if you will, is... Gamby himself! It turns out that what appeared to us to be character development was not. Gamby never started to feel sorry for Dr. Brown, and he never started to feel loyalty toward Russell. What happened was there was a mental, nay existential, split within Gamby. He literally split into two people. Both Gamby. But neither is totally like the other. It's like when Clark Kent split away from Evil Superman in Superman III: Richard Pryor Is In This One And For Some Reason, He's A Computer Expert, if you think about it. Except instead of happening on camera, the split occurred off-camera.

Evil Gamby, the result of the distillation of all of Gamby's cruelty and childishness, exists as a doppelganger. He's been hiding in the shadows. Finally, he puts on a costume, and shoots Good Gamby, who was the best iteration of Gamby in this, or any, universe.

So, Gamby did it. But it wasn't suicide. Or was it? ooooooweeeeeeeeoooooooooo....

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

weirdo fan fiction ramblings aren't spoilers, chief.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think it kind of is. I'm not about to go hunting for screencaps, but i think they were both visibly shorter than Gamby.

Whoever shot him was obviously taller before they put the mask on, if that was your rebuttal.

Maybe the little fat one was sitting on the taller ones shoulders.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Listen, Vincent actually cares. He listens. He's sensitive. He couldn't possibly be behind this.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm wondering if the people Gamby and Russell hosed over somehow banded together or something, with next season based around them trying to bring down our heroic pair.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's probably somebody that Russel paid to take Gamby out. If it looks like Brown and sends him off on a garden path, then all the better.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
I may be mistaken about this but I didn't think that Russell responded to Gamby on the walkie when he was frantically shouting about the cars, which kinda makes me think it was Russell. I guess it happened pretty quick but still, suspicious. One of those two is going to end up dead or behind bars for life by the end of all of this though. Maybe they'll both get pinched and will keep on fighting about who gets the top bunk in the jail cell for the rest of their lives.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I may be mistaken about this but I didn't think that Russell responded to Gamby on the walkie when he was frantically shouting about the cars, which kinda makes me think it was Russell.

No, he did.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Idran posted:

No, he did.

Whoops well there goes my theory. Still think they'll go down hard at the end though

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Ho-leeeee poo poo!

What a good show.

What a good assed show!

I just can't wait for season 2.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I had flashbacks to True Detective Season 2

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dead Snoopy posted:

I had flashbacks to True Detective Season 2

If they had the guts to kill his character off there it might have saved the season.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Finally caught up. Godddddddaaaaammmn. The drunk scene is the most uncomfortable thing I've seen in a long long time. It was amazing. And the ending? Fuckkk.
This show owns. I stand by what I said earlier. It's WAY more ambitious than Eastbound and Down. And that's a good thing.

A buddy and I are going as Gamby and Russell for Halloween. Should be fun as gently caress.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Solice Kirsk posted:

If they had the guts to kill his character off there it might have saved the season.

I don't even remember who the bird guy ended up being because none of that season was any fun to watch or think about

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I stopped after the first episode. All the life and fun was sucked out and it became an average boring cop show.

The only thing that stands out is the naked girl in the bowl of liquid at the murdered person's house.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

CelticPredator posted:

I stopped after the first episode. All the life and fun was sucked out and it became an average boring cop show.

The only thing that stands out is the naked girl in the bowl of liquid at the murdered person's house.

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread, friend!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Peeps were talking about True Dicks Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

CelticPredator posted:

Peeps were talking about True Dicks Season 2.

Oh yeah. That's what I get for posting first thing in the morning!

• Locked thread