Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Funny, I thought the same thing.

This is a movie about Aragorn son of Arathorn killing people.

I like it.

It's kind of like when Johnny Depp did "Secret Window" shortly after PotC and he didn't have time to develop a new character. So he just did the same character but as a novelist.

That's the same thing that Howard Shore did when he made the soundtrack for AHoV.

Anyhow, hope this post was fun.

Please don't be a dick in the discussion. No racism, sexism or other shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Sex on stairs was great

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
i think you look like a boogawolf

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

It's a good movie. A very good movie. I do remember feeling like it was kind of short, but I liked how it ended.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Good movie

Lt Dan Ice Cream fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 20, 2016

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

NameChange posted:

Good movie

yeah

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td_VOUeFw9E

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
its a good movie i like the parts where he kills people but i think i maybe wasnt supposed to like those parts?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
When he goes down on her and she's like "there wasn't a lot of THAT in high school" it was like some kind of epiphany cus I ate mad pussy in high school and i realized that's why I was still scoring even though I'm a fuckfaced goony dweeb

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i remember the sex scene thats about it op

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I thought it was about her being waxed.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
it was a good movie, a lot of people got hosed up

Lemon
May 22, 2003

It's not bad but Eastern Promises has Aragorn son of Arathorn killing people with his cock out, so that's better

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Can't really go wrong with the Mortensen/Cronenberg pairing

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I was going to read the comic because the film is real good (And the last film to ever be released on VHS) but the comic has some mad sub-plot about Aragorns brother who the mob have been torturing for 20 years straight. Like, he's had his arms and legs cut off, his eyes and ears and nose and tongue scooped out and they just hang him in a room like a giant kebab and fling acid at him daily or something. P. weird.

Lemon posted:

It's not bad but Eastern Promises has Aragorn son of Arathorn killing people with his cock out, so that's better

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Eastern Promises is better, OP.

History of Violence still good tho.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ya it was a pretty good movie. like the violence but it's kind of short on the history part.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga

Vegetable posted:

Sex on stairs was great

didnt pushing tin have a stairs sex scene too or am i twisted...?

AHoV was alright, better than eastern promises which was boooooring

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Drunken Baker posted:

I was going to read the comic because the film is real good (And the last film to ever be released on VHS) but the comic has some mad sub-plot about Aragorns brother who the mob have been torturing for 20 years straight. Like, he's had his arms and legs cut off, his eyes and ears and nose and tongue scooped out and they just hang him in a room like a giant kebab and fling acid at him daily or something. P. weird.

don't kinkshame

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

is this the movie where viggo mortensen flops his dick at a guy in a changing room on wait that was eastern promises ya i guess easter promises was p good

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Really loving boring. I expected a lot more violence and there was hardly any. Total ripoff.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

interesting to compare to a haneke movie

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Berious posted:

Really loving boring. I expected a lot more violence and there was hardly any. Total ripoff.

That's because it all happened in the past.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I thought it was a little long on the violence and a little short on the history op

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Great movie along with Eastern Promises, makes me want to go rewatch both right now

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I think Viggo Mortensen is a good actor, and I've been meaning to stream this somehow because I'm a dirty poor.

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
cronenberg owns

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like sex

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Lemon posted:

you see a lot of man rear end in that scene its p awesome

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the part where he broke the guys arm and started smashing his nasal cavity into his brain with the heel of his palm. Dude was all twitching to death on the ground, lol what an idiot.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

If Cronenberg didn't direct Videodrome, this would be his best movie.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

i never saw it. i saw that new star trek movie that came out this year can we talk about that?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
You see Viggo's full on rear end in a top hat in Eastern promises. I watched it on a date night. Was p.good*.

*The date, I mean. The film is loving brilliant.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Drunken Baker posted:

You see Viggo's full on rear end in a top hat in Eastern promises. I watched it on a date night. Was p.good*.

*The date, I mean. The film is loving brilliant.

What about the butthole

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

Namaer posted:

What about the butthole

hes a very tidy groomer

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i couldnt understand WTF he was saying in eastern promises

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
the comic its based on is way better and super hosed up

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

It's nice to see Maria Bello way back from before she turned into Mickey Rourke

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I'm about two thirds of the way through and it's actually really good and well acted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

"Jesus Joey."
"Jesus Richie."

That was my favorite part.

• Locked thread