Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Yessssssssssss! Let loose the Goons of Banarchy! :toughguy:

I'm up for creating a sick patch if people throw ideas my way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Id buy a Road Rash II style chain for a melee weapon

I really hope they add bike melee weapons and a new race category

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Oh man look what I just came across. This is the theme song for the biker gang Hell's Rebels on the goon-run GTA: San Andreas SZR roleplay server. If I remember correctly the guy who made it had the in-game name Jim_Kickass but I can't remember what his SA username was.

Hell's Rebels Theme Song

Truly not worth clicking on unless you have nostalgia for it.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

HORMELCHILI posted:

I really hope they add bike melee weapons and a new race category

This reminds me of the driveby katana attacks you could do on bikes in Saints Row 2 and now I'm hoping that Yakuza gangs on sports bikes are an option and it's not just inferior gaijin Sons Of Anarchy type gangs.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Ripper Swarm posted:

I'm hoping that Yakuza gangs on sports bikes are an option and it's not just inferior gaijin Sons Of Anarchy type gangs.

ripper I have some bad news for you....

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

If this doesn't ring in an era of cheap molotovs, it will have been pointless.

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

So is the PC version still full of modders who drop $10 trillion everywhere they go and nuke an entire lobby's worth of personal vehicles? Would love to try out the new DLC when it arrives but drat. :smith:

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Count Mippi posted:

So is the PC version still full of modders who drop $10 trillion everywhere they go and nuke an entire lobby's worth of personal vehicles? Would love to try out the new DLC when it arrives but drat. :smith:

Not really. Although Rockstar has never affectively patched out any of the old hacks, they have implemented a pretty good detection system. They ban the hacker and strip the cash from the recipient of his largess pretty effectively.

Other hacks are still around, there appears to have been a working menu .exe that dropped about a week ago. The days of easy money are likely over though. OTOH there are better legit routes now with VIP & CEO work.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Psion posted:

like so:

leather chaps, $252,000
leather chaps (assless), $252,000,000

What about leather rear end (chapless)? ;)

Count Mippi
Nov 7, 2009

Benson's gonna drop his balls when he sees how good we set up these chairs. He's gonna be all like: "Oh no, my gumballs!"

taters posted:

Not really. Although Rockstar has never affectively patched out any of the old hacks, they have implemented a pretty good detection system. They ban the hacker and strip the cash from the recipient of his largess pretty effectively.

Other hacks are still around, there appears to have been a working menu .exe that dropped about a week ago. The days of easy money are likely over though. OTOH there are better legit routes now with VIP & CEO work.

Well that's somewhat good news, at least. Thanks. I'm sure the Biker update will see some influx of a few greedy pubbies who want their new bikes quick, then it'll thin out over time. Still have to give the CEO stuff a try, hopefully that'll be a good moneymaker.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Psion posted:

remember Rockstar before they fired the one guy, apparently, responsible for not being a complete and utter fuckbag about GTA:O pricing? Those were the days. And I have the money for this poo poo - I can't even begin to guess how people newer than us who don't want to buy shark cards feel. Hopefully they see that 99% of this poo poo is useless but :shrug:

I literally just started playing GTA Online a couple of days ago and I'm a bit overwhelmed about how expensive everything is, but not so expensive I think it's impossible for me to earn the cash needed to buy stuff just by playing the game. Course, as I play the game I'm finding it more and more tempting to just buy a shark card because I've tried playing 20 different mission to earn some money but all have ended in failure because random pubbies keep dying in the dumbest way or drop out halfway through a mission.
:negative:

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Back Hack posted:

I literally just started playing GTA Online a couple of days ago and I'm a bit overwhelmed about how expensive everything is, but not so expensive I think it's impossible for me to earn the cash needed to buy stuff just by playing the game. Course, as I play the game I'm finding it more and more tempting to just buy a shark card because I've tried playing 20 different mission to earn some money but all have ended in failure because random pubbies keep dying in the dumbest way or drop out halfway through a mission.

Heisting with Goons is the best way to make money quickly. On any given weekend, you can probably find 3 other goons willing to slog through a heist or two with you to get some moolah.

That said, inflation has hit GTA real bad in the last couple years... Everything cool is waaaay overpriced so they can get people who don't wanna play to get their sweet swag to buy shart cards.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hugh Malone posted:

Are you still on the msg group, Spacebeard?

I ended up ducking out a while back because it would get super busy and I didn't want to turn all notifications for messages off.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://giant.gfycat.com/VacantCanineKitfox.webm
I don't think either of them knew the other was there.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Back Hack posted:

I'll be honest with you, I've never bought a shark card but when they're on sale they're not the worst possible deal. That being said, I don't mind doing nearly pro-bono heists if you're on pc?

RSC: Jeffrey.jpg

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Montalvo posted:

I ended up ducking out a while back because it would get super busy and I didn't want to turn all notifications for messages off.

Yes, it's annoying. I run the psn app for messaging instead; the downside of that is leaving notifications on when I'm done playing and I hear everybody having fun when I'm at work sometimes

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Don't die, GTA thread, there's more content on the way!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52663/coming-soon-to-gta-online-bikers-and-more

They're not too specific but it sounds like: New bikes, new properties, new apparel (clothing, cuts, tattoos, etc) and most curiously, motorcycle clubs where the members have ranks. There will be a new mechanic, as well, to customize your choppers.

Sounds great! I can't wait to see the first million dollar motorcycle.

I'm unironically stoked as gently caress for this. See you friends soon!

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
Seems the change over to discord went pretty well. And good news, the overlay isn't a piece of poo poo you have zero control over.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Zigmidge posted:

I also started a Discord for GTA goons. I'm new to discord but it seems that the added chat component also kind of acts like forums? Seems like it might be a good way to keep this, as dryer lint put it, lame gay gaming community together. It's not like we play GTA for its thrilling design and tight balance. We obviously enjoy kooky game types so this should facilitate finding and organizing around those in various games.

https://discord.gg/e9t9y4G

There's a thread for events, there's one for kicking it, there's one for gaming chat. It's essentially our mumble, but with persistent messages that won't get drowned out by connection status updates.

For those still new to discord (I used it yesterday for the first time ever) it's essentially mumble plus irc. Download here https://discordapp.com/ You can also use the web interface if you're lazy. I don't know if there are any other handy power tools in this but it will improve with people. Should make things simpler for those already using discord with other communities. I figure at some point there will be a critical mass of people and we'll just exodus to discord at some point in the future. Or we won't! Whatever.

I'll see if geeves can put this in the op.

I'll quote this because I missed the post and wound up in an empty GTA Mumble chat. Hopefully others won't make that same mistake!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Since DLC is coming I will play this poo poo game again and I need to get money to buy all of the new things. I'm supposed to be off tonight and tomorrow night, do any of my tight compadres want to grind pac standard with me some more? I promise we will hate it and complain about it the entire time.

Back Hack posted:

I literally just started playing GTA Online a couple of days ago :negative:

If you're on PS4 we will hook you up, PSN: mr_dread

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

I'll quote this because I missed the post and wound up in an empty GTA Mumble chat. Hopefully others won't make that same mistake!

After a couple of days it seems the transition went over really well. A few guys were hanging in mumble to pass the word but maybe you missed them.

Nondescript Van posted:

Seems the change over to discord went pretty well. And good news, the overlay isn't a piece of poo poo you have zero control over.

The overlay is amazing, it works with gta! lmao that it singles gta out as 'problematic' though.

Join our discord to find games if you're on PC. It will be the best way to make money for the announced dlc. The ps4 crew can join us too, if you really want, where you can watch us craft console put-down jokes by committee.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

Since DLC is coming I will play this poo poo game again and I need to get money to buy all of the new things. I'm supposed to be off tonight and tomorrow night, do any of my tight compadres want to grind pac standard with me some more? I promise we will hate it and complain about it the entire time.

I'm down. I'm going to go practice kuruma driving, I've been all about my Albany Virgo for a few days...

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I've been sitting on a full medium warehouse for a while now. Anyone on Xbox want to help me sell it off?

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

Do most people here use keyboard+mouse or a gamepad?

When I'm doing races/stunt series, I see most people are playing with keyboard and mouse, but I just use a gamepad since it makes driving so much easier and I've been too lazy to switch between the two.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Carl Seitan posted:

When I'm doing races/stunt series, I see most people are playing with keyboard and mouse, but I just use a gamepad since it makes driving so much easier and I've been too lazy to switch between the two.

When it shows what they're using on the menu, that can just be showing the last thing they used to input so it's not going to be accurate. Ever since GTA3 I've always had a controller of some type hooked to my pc which I pick up every time I get into a car, then set down and go back to mouse+kb for walking around and shooting stuff. Unless of course I'm just getting out of a vehicle to pick something up or walk over to another vehicle. It truly is the best of both worlds.

Also gently caress discord but I guess I'll have to make the switch.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Carl Seitan posted:

Most people use both depending on what's going on at the time.

also :hfive: to Team Orange for bringing in $80500 in a single game of Drop Zone last night. It's us, we're the best.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I'm a noob too so forgive me for asking but I'm in the goon crew on pc and if I wish to play with goons how do I switch to a world that has goony goon goons on it?

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Any recommendations for a good PC gamepad? Is the 360 controller still the go-to?

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

hi

taters
Jun 13, 2005

Back Hack posted:

Fortunately for you most of the poo poo is worthless. A Karuma, buzzard, a few weapons are all that you really need to fully play this game. A few other vehicles to suit your tastes and 1-2 mill for ammo money. Run heists and missions and poo poo with Goons, pubbies are cancer. Get in the discord server linked a few pages back.

Zigmidge posted:

https://giant.gfycat.com/VacantCanineKitfox.webm
I don't think either of them knew the other was there.

Hey, I was actively pushing the runner AWAY from his target. Unlike someone who stuck with him till the end and helpfully tapped him into the circle when he almost missed the turn.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

hellfaucet posted:

I'm unironically stoked as gently caress for this. See you friends soon!

this has me most excited about the new update: getting to tear poo poo up on motorcycles with hellfaucet :h:

davebo posted:

Also gently caress discord but I guess I'll have to make the switch.

I'm new to discord; what do you not like about it?

Carl Seitan posted:

I keep a PS4 controller hooked up for gaming; racing and flying I always use the controller but shooting I use kb+m

TSBX posted:

Any recommendations for a good PC gamepad? Is the 360 controller still the go-to?
a 360 pad is prolly the easiest for computer gaming(it's basically plug and play) but the PS4 controller is great and DS4WINDOWS is a good program that is easy to set up and has 360 pad emulation for PC games that are hardcoded with 360 support :eng101:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Still recommending the Steam controller because the aiming is superb once you've tweaked the trackpad and gyro to your liking (and got used to the slightly cramped action buttons), although moving the mouse/trackpad while hitting certain controller buttons causes some weird bugs where it keeps activating action replay or record as though I'm pressing F1/F2, despite having neither of those mapped to the controller. It's not that big a deal, but it's really bizarre and I don't have anything like that kind of bug in any other game I use the controller with.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Tony Homo posted:

I'm a noob too so forgive me for asking but I'm in the goon crew on pc and if I wish to play with goons how do I switch to a world that has goony goon goons on it?

There's a "Join Crew" option built into the game...

....which has, to my knowledge, never worked for anyone. "Join the Discord and ask" is by far the best way!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

coupedeville posted:

this has me most excited about the new update: getting to tear poo poo up on motorcycles with hellfaucet :h:

The company that makes it is kind of shady.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Still recommending the Steam controller because the aiming is superb once you've tweaked the trackpad and gyro to your liking (and got used to the slightly cramped action buttons), although moving the mouse/trackpad while hitting certain controller buttons causes some weird bugs where it keeps activating action replay or record as though I'm pressing F1/F2, despite having neither of those mapped to the controller. It's not that big a deal, but it's really bizarre and I don't have anything like that kind of bug in any other game I use the controller with.

That's a GTA bug not a controller bug, you get it with a 360 pad too.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Back Hack posted:

The company that makes it is kind of shady.

hmm you have piqued my interest I'll have to look that up when I get home

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

coupedeville posted:

Is there an option for not 'push to talk'? In mumble it was pretty easy to set the threshhold so that normal room noise didn't trigger. That was really the only bit of awkwardness- PTT needed to be on, but the web page doesnt do PTT unless its focused which it isn't focused since I'm playing a dumb game, so really the client is needed

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

coupedeville posted:

It's not currently sitting on my quicklaunch bar and does everything I already need like Mumble? Aside from adding a new login/password to the slew of poo poo I already have to remember because I'm literally Edward Snowden and refuse to use the same password for any two things, I don't like their cutesy millenial web 2.0 lookin' interface and everything should be green FixedSys font on a black background like my IRC client has since 1994 and hey you kids get off my lawn!

I'm sure it's fine.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Is there an option for not 'push to talk'? In mumble it was pretty easy to set the threshhold so that normal room noise didn't trigger. That was really the only bit of awkwardness- PTT needed to be on, but the web page doesnt do PTT unless its focused which it isn't focused since I'm playing a dumb game, so really the client is needed

That's on by default in the client, but the goon chat forces PTT because you people are slobs and we don't need to hear you chew your slop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

TSBX posted:

I have a wireless Xbox one controller & it owns.

• Locked thread