Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
*shitposts in this thread*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Dreddout posted:

*shitposts in this thread*

Not nearly enough sweating or collar-tugging described between your asterisks. Get out of here, Chad; this is a thread for nice guys.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Goddamn, I started this didn't I?

I'm so sorry to everyone else in this thread.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Gorilla Salad posted:

Goddamn, I started this didn't I?

I'm so sorry to everyone else in this thread.

Nah dude it was the "*clears flem[sic] and stands up*" creepy guy.

Which was loving funny.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

It's cool, I just sail through all those asterisks and am right here. Not sure what even was going on there.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
It's even painful to read knowing it's parody.

nerd plus rage
May 12, 2014

It's a metaphor for something, probably
im gay

*is gay*

edit: You whore bitches don't deserve a nice gay like me.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I've got a tinder date in an hour. Quickly, how do I act like a normal person and not someone who views every woman like the last lifeboat off the Titanic that is my life

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

um...so wyd whore bitches////???//// *wipes cheeto dust covered hand across forehead* um... I don't think you deserve a nice guy like me *throws up mountain dew* *watches more anime* um... hmu////???////

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Well, noting actions and emotions is really the best way to convey that in text. That's how novels work, I guess. If it's super important that your statement be read a certain way and you don't have the chops, time or space to convey that, label away.

The way they're doing their anime stuff, though, is the sort of thing you do if you're doing an online rpg session in a chat room or by post (my personal experience), which is just super weird to randomly throw at someone. I mean at least that one guy used to be in anime club with that one chick so it's conceivable they used to communicate like that. That poo poo ain't for somebody's wall though, you can PM people that you want to bone them, you mongoloids!

E: :goonsay:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

*regains composure and puts on a sly smile*

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i did not realize a guy was into me and i made him sad and angry (sangry) and this thread feels awkward now

i have done this a lot o times

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

i did not realize a guy was into me and i made him sad and angry (sangry) and this thread feels awkward now

tell us more, please. Human sadness sates me.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

give me the deets girl

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pick posted:

sad and angry (sangry)

This is SA...

ZoooooooooooooooL
Sep 21, 2016

by zen death robot
I enjoy cheese with my sexism.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

give me the deets girl

friendship with men is difficult if they find you attractive :(

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pick posted:

While true,that is the exact opposite of deets.

Dish girlfriend (is that still a thing people say? :corsair: )

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

If doesn't have to be tho. You just need better man friends that are normal and not grad students/scientists

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

i find a lot of my lady friends attractive and i manage it men are dumb as hell

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I have some friends who are girls and I find some of them attractive but we have no issues.

It might be because they would likely rather die than date me though and I don't blame them one bit.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

im hangry

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

I have some friends who are girls and I find some of them attractive but we have no issues.

It might be because they would likely rather die than date me though and I don't blame them one bit.

im ur friend, nom

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

you're cool

*breathes heavily*

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pick posted:

Now that I am in my early thirties if I find a chick friend attractive enough that she keeps crossing my mind, I'll ask her out. If she says no, and it's always no, I never mention it again and still chillax and be cool after explaining that I'm good with hanging out and being friends and that I'm not gonna pine over her or whatever. If she ever feels like getting romantic, that's her business, not mine. It's worked pretty well so far. I blame my therapist for making me a decent human being.

Guys can and do be friends with women they would like to gently caress/fall madly in love with and not be weird about it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Pick posted:

or you know, start hanging out with normies who don't hope you will find their *ahem tugs at shirt and adjusts fedora* awkward stares, gifts, and acts of kindness, a pathway to sexual relations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

If doesn't have to be tho. You just need better man friends that are normal and not grad students/scientists

this is hard because i have a strong impulse to befriend everyone irl

also like three of my friends have committed suicide so i hate leaving people friendless or feeling unwanted because no matter what people tell you their blood is at least sort of on your hands (there's some blood on everybody's hands but there's blood on everbody's hands)

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Dude.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Good lord Pick, sometimes it sounds like you were made to get caught up in other people's emotional storms. I'm not ragging on you, but drat it must suck to keep getting stuck in those situations.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
You sure know how to Pick'em!

Seriously you sound like a really good person, albeit goony and flawed like the rest of us.

Sometimes it's hard to be honest. I'm glad you're honest with us here, Pick.

Unrelated, but:

IMO both guys and girls keep mental/emotional "wheelhouses" of prospective partners whether they're aware of it or not.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I've always had trouble being friends with attractive women because my penchant for wearing tank tops often reveals my swastika tattoos which women find irresistible, and before you know it,

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

i hate talking to women because they're always so busy. god, it's like, make some time

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

every woman in my contact list is busy tonight. haha, way to go idiots, they have no time for socializing

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Pick is cool and any time I feel guilty about liking Dragon Age 2 (never) I know I can count on her to remind me why it's good.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Pick posted:

this is hard because i have a strong impulse to befriend everyone irl

also like three of my friends have committed suicide so i hate leaving people friendless or feeling unwanted because no matter what people tell you their blood is at least sort of on your hands (there's some blood on everybody's hands but there's blood on everbody's hands)

I got lots of dead friends too but it's mostly heroin's fault. As a friend to dead junkies there is definitely a sense of responsibility that can be pretty sad.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
goddamn poo poo got heavy in here. gonna fix this the only way i know how.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
There are angels of death, and then

There are people that are attracted to the lonely, and then

There are people that are innately attracted to those closest to death

The closer you are the veil, the less veils you care to keep up.

Pick you're a buoy in a sea of desperate, tragic introverts and I wish you and your friends well despite the obvious harm so many suicides must cause within your social framework.
Nonetheless I'm gonna have to suggest you get the number for the national suicide hotline tattooed along your cleavage, just to be safe.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It's weird, but out of all the people I've known who've died, I can't remember a single suicide.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Yeah, I just lost a buddy of mine to alcohol a few months ago now. I was his last hope and he looked up to me because I had gotten sober about six years prior and we'd been friends for 15 years. I loving poured my heart and soul into that man for the last year of his life and it tore me apart inside to see him suffering. I had to dump him as a friend, the hardest thing I've ever done, about three months before he died. I told him I couldn't do it any longer and that nothing was helping any longer, so the only thing I could do was end our relationship so he knew how important it was to me that he get better. There was a lot of crying. I told him I didn't want the next time I saw him to be in jail or at his funeral. I regret that.

I did my best to get him apart from his codependent girlfriend, mostly for her sake. She has a good job and is a cool person, but it's easy to get wrapped up in your partner's poo poo. She wanted to get to know me, but I told her I couldn't, because I had to focus on her boyfriend. I felt lovely about it, but denying that friendship kept things a lot less messy. I still feel lovely about it, because now I can't really comfort her.

I was the reason my buddy began to attend group meetings, see a psych and get therapy. He started taking naltrexone to kill the booze cravings, he got on meds for his mental problems once he got diagnosed. He finally moved out of his girlfriend's house to look for a place to live.

He kept slipping up though, and it was at the point where he was having violent blackouts. That was a very new thing, and only started close to the end. I tried as hard as I did because he was starting to get the shakes when he didn't have booze for a bit, and he'd had some seizures too. The end was close.

Well, I hadn't heard about my friend for almost two months since I :sever:ed hard. Another friend of mine told me he had cleaned up, was going to summer classes at the local state university and living in the dorms. I was so happy to hear that, but I just kept on with my plan of not seeking him out for a couple years. A few days later, his mom called me and told me he died on campus. He died on the way to class in the 95° 85% humidity heat.

The funeral was weird because I had never met his family, but they all knew who I was because my buddy would never stop talking about me. They said they were so thankful for me because I was the only one who ever seemed to get through to him and help him change. I'm still trying to not feel like a big failure. It's not my fault and I'm happy I could do what I did, but the old me, that self-loathing motherfucker, keeps whispering in my ear that I didn't do enough.

That's my dead friend story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm so deranged, even Pick put me on ignore.

You Whore bitches don't deserve a psycho like me :argh:

• Locked thread