Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Side Order of Sleaze is back with Ilsa: She-wolf of the SS

They sure picked a great one to re-start SOS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

Side Order of Sleaze is back with Ilsa: She-wolf of the SS

They sure picked a great one to re-start SOS.

I'm a little salty it's on the $8 tier though. I know next to nothing about Trek so The Nexus Isn't a selling point for me. Wish there was, say, $5 with AD/SOS.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I listened to Cocoon again last night and holy poo poo, it's still the best.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm a little salty it's on the $8 tier though. I know next to nothing about Trek so The Nexus Isn't a selling point for me. Wish there was, say, $5 with AD/SOS.

It's 8 bucks aka one Whopper Extra Value Meal. Just do it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they're really mythologizing chris cabin now, aren't they?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Its cheaper than doing the We Hate Movies Whopper Challenge.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAy7tHVOKng

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah, $5 is my give no shits cut off, but I figured these guys are good enough I'll give them $8 for a couple months since I doubt they'll make it to Texas any time soon.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Did they create a Patreon RSS yet?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Nexus is a cool idea but man I wish they weren't doing the episodes in order, because most of the TOS episodes I want to hear them discuss are in seasons 2 and 3.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

GrandpaPants posted:

Did they create a Patreon RSS yet?

I'm basically holding off on them doing that to switch my donation level up.

Anyway, I would totally go to Slithers/To Scale

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
That is actually a feature now on Patreon (for audio), so give it a week, I think they said they're aware.

I'd have to check my emails and see if it's already on my feed, I just know some other shows opted in.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Stairmaster posted:

they're really mythologizing chris cabin now, aren't they?

I've listened to all of the back catalog and I like Cabin but I've really grown to prefer the trio of Eric, Steve and Andrew. His triumphant return recently for a few episodes fell flat for me.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm one of those people who can't tell their voices apart so any combo suits me just fine. I do enjoy when Disaster Movie Expert Justin J. Case finds time in his busy schedule to lend the gang the benefit of his decades of scholarship.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm still not convinced that all of my them aren't just one person.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

MariusLecter posted:

I'm still not convinced that all of my them aren't just one person.

I'm pretty sure they've already confirmed that Andrew and Steve are the same guy and that Eric is a lonely ghost. No idea about Chris, probably Secundus or something

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Is Hollow Man entertainingly bad? I was thinking of watching it before the next episode comes out

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Is Hollow Man entertainingly bad? I was thinking of watching it before the next episode comes out

It's actually pretty good and the special effects were hella interesting for when it came out

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's really good and sleazy right around the time when Verhofen's schtick was starting to turn people off.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I remember them talking about it in an earlier episode about how quickly it goes to rape. Expect it to be a lot of talk about that

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I was referenced in this week's episode. I can now feel fulfilled in life.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

:allears: The first time a person in a movie they've done takes the Sajdak way out killed me. It's one of my favorite low key running bits

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Shirec posted:

:allears: The first time a person in a movie they've done takes the Sajdak way out killed me. It's one of my favorite low key running bits

It's just ahead of "Hey Sadjak!" when it comes to most likely way for Steve to die in the podcast

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015
If you're struggling to tell the guys' voices apart, try watching a video of them: https://youtu.be/cf6wOI2cKUk

Putting a face to the voice really helps. I couldn't tell them apart for months but after watching that vid it's no problem at all and they sound completely distinct.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I was surprised to learn Hollow Man was a Verhoeven movie. It just screams generic 2000 journeyman expensive horror.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You know, no matter what the WHM guy says, Monster Magnet is my jam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKj5cJ9_KSg

e; mother mother
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dscfeQOMuGw

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I'm still not sure how anyone gets them confused. Andrew has a bit of a radio voice, Steve is the nerdy lispy one, and Eric's really dry and reedy. They all have different cadences. The only time I get mixed up is when they all do the same impression but that doesn't really matter in that instance.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I'm still not sure how anyone gets them confused. Andrew has a bit of a radio voice, Steve is the nerdy lispy one, and Eric's really dry and reedy. They all have different cadences. The only time I get mixed up is when they all do the same impression but that doesn't really matter in that instance.

Yes, I can hear three distinct voices but they're all on the same spectrum (not as wildly different as, say, June, Paul, and Jason on HDTGM) they don't say each other's names often enough for me to remember who's who. I'm going to see them live tomorrow so maybe it'll click then.

Bolingbroke posted:

If you're struggling to tell the guys' voices apart, try watching a video of them: https://youtu.be/cf6wOI2cKUk

Putting a face to the voice really helps. I couldn't tell them apart for months but after watching that vid it's no problem at all and they sound completely distinct.

This does help, although it's also kind of unsettling. Seeing the movie posters reminded me of another thing I like about the guys though - off-duty they all have great taste in movies and have seen all the classics. You never get the sense that's true with the braying crowdwork trio.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 21, 2016

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's really good and sleazy right around the time when Verhofen's schtick was starting to turn people off.

How could any one be turned off by a close-up of a nipple being sucked on by an invisible man (by that I mean, a close-up of a computer animated nipple moving like it's being sucked on)?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bobkatt013 posted:

I remember them talking about it in an earlier episode about how quickly it goes to rape. Expect it to be a lot of talk about that

Rape is job loving one for that dude

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 22, 2016

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I get the feeling Sajdak has no interest in Side order of Sleaze. I don't think he's been on a single episode.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

I don't think there's a better analogy you can make with regards to WHM.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Rape is job loving one for that dude

Also tossing people in pools. Found the episode they talked about it - invisible child!!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I was confused for the first few episodes I listened to, with all four. The way I'd explain it is that Andrew has radio voice and he does the intros / showrunning so he stands out more. Steve sounds like someone you'd associate with the phrase 'Noted Coward', while Eric has a kind of raspy, bass voice. Chris sounds like a neurotic professor from a NY dramedy.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jose Oquendo posted:

how so?

Violator
May 15, 2003

Bolingbroke posted:

Ah man, they edited out my favorite part of the original broadcast. At the end, the girl filming asks "How do I turn this off?" and Eric says deadpan "Just throw it on the ground."

Violator
May 15, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

Were you the dude who talked about the Jake the Snake comedy shows?

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Who's going to the show tonight? I bought tickets for both shows though I might miss part of the 8pm one. :/ Ive never been to the Hollywood Improv so who knows what kinda parking/traffic hell I've gotten myself into.

If one of you sees a white girl with glasses, white shoes and dark hair tied up in a mint green scrunchie say "hi I'm from the Internet" and I'll resist the urge to throw sand in your eyes and run away.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Crocobile posted:

Who's going to the show tonight? I bought tickets for both shows though I might miss part of the 8pm one. :/ Ive never been to the Hollywood Improv so who knows what kinda parking/traffic hell I've gotten myself into.

If one of you sees a white girl with glasses, white shoes and dark hair tied up in a mint green scrunchie say "hi I'm from the Internet" and I'll resist the urge to throw sand in your eyes and run away.

Traffic probably won't be terrible but pay for valet parking. It's not that much, and it'll make life so much easier. If you're not coming from far away I'd seriously suggest taking a cab. They also might not let you into the first show if you're late, so be prepared for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Violator posted:

Were you the dude who talked about the Jake the Snake comedy shows?

Yes.