Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

The Kingfish posted:

Truggered by the icentipad episode

that episode was less anti-apple and more of a take on "nobody reads the eula"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Race Realists posted:

nice name/post combo

nice lowercase non-punctuated goony aloofness

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Secular Humanist posted:

nice lowercase non-punctuated goony aloofness

loving hell. way to tlel it like it is

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Orkin Mang posted:

loving hell. way to tlel it like it is

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Death of Eric Cartman is great. Has a good song and talks about KFC chicken skin. Keeping it real.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Eric Cartman has possessed the GOP it has to end somewhere.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
the whole "Cynical white internet nerd thinks he's above taking an actual stance on an issue" was cute and endearing in the 2000's and is still somewhat cute now when it doesn't involve things of actual consequence like, i dunno, the entirety of the 2016 election?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 20, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Sometimes South Park is good, and sometimes it's not. You could say the truth is somewhere in the middle

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Its a great show overall but the PC Principal character they've married to the show sucks and I dont like the season=one story format either, so it's not trending right. But overall one of the best shows of all time sure.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
all these ess jay doubleyoos need to shut the gently caress up about trump being a fascist,

lol checks and balances will solve everything :shepface:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Supreme Allah posted:

Its a great show overall but the PC Principal character they've married to the show sucks and I dont like the season=one story format either, so it's not trending right. But overall one of the best shows of all time sure.

mary hartman was the best show of all time and ill fight you

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Quote-Unquote posted:

Not even famke janssen could save that horrid mess.

Name something cool or good Famke Janssen has ever done besides squeeze James Bond's head between her thighs, because I can't think of anything.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

King Vidiot posted:

Name something cool or good Famke Janssen has ever done besides squeeze James Bond's head between her thighs, because I can't think of anything.

Idk she's really hot though
And I liked the first two x men movies I guess?

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I think it misses a lot more then it hits and that it's not very good but its definitely not the worst show ever because I've laughed during an episode a few times, I'm pretty sure.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
South Park episodes always seem to degenerate into a crowd of opposed sides crowded around a small child who is preaching to them as a mouthpiece of the writers. Matt and Trey should stick to writing funny songs, imo.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
south park is probably the best satirical comedy on tv you can see that as a glowing complement to the show or a damning indictment of the state of modern satirical comedy

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
also i didnt read the thread are goons still really mad cause south park doesnt ride democrat dick or are we finally past that?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

Deep Rising is an ace b movie!

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
At least it's better than The Simpsons.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Jim Barris posted:

South Park episodes always seem to degenerate into a crowd of opposed sides crowded around a small child who is preaching to them as a mouthpiece of the writers. Matt and Trey should stick to writing funny songs, imo.

yeah it's really a formulaic show so when it's not hitting the funny mark (which is well over half the time) it's just really bad. or at least it was for the seasons i watched. it has been a while like i have no idea who the gently caress PC Principal is :shrug:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I am Toni Lippi posted:

At least it's better than The Simpsons.

It's better than The Simpsons for the last 17 or 18 years for sure

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I think we're all failing to answer the OP's question directly, so here goes:

No, that would be Broad City.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Race Realists posted:

the whole "Cynical white internet nerd thinks he's above taking an actual stance on an issue" was cute and endearing in the 2000's and is still somewhat cute now when it doesn't involve things of actual consequence like, i dunno, the entirety of the 2016 election?

As opposed to all those other elections in which people were generally chill about. Certainly nothing of consequence was happening in 2004.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Friendly reminder that your vote is a de facto endorsement of their policies.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Race Realists posted:

when it doesn't involve things of actual consequence like, i dunno, the entirety of the 2016 election?

You can't blame them when it is such low hanging fruit though.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I saw that Facebook episode recently and that was pretty good.

Butters and Randy are the two best characters in the show.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Roylicious posted:

You can't blame them when it is such low hanging fruit though.

No, you don't get it, it's ok for LITERALLY EVERY OTHER loving TV SHOW TO MOCK THE 2016 ELECTION, but for some reason the creators of an animated sitcom are being held to a higher standard than EVERY loving NEWS NETWORK IN AMERICA.

That's why South Park sucks.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Writing satire and parody of the 2016 election is literally impossible since nothing anyone could come up with could compete with actual recorded reality.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
guys guys sjw groupthink is out of control these days!

*is literally in a circlejerk thread*

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Race Realists posted:

lol your gimmick sucks

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
it was fun as a kid but now the early episodes are way too basic potty mouth 10 year old poo poo and the later episodes are a big tedious wank.

the game was the last fun thing this series did after years of not caring about it and it was essentially fueled entirely by nostalgia which makes the member berries thing extra dumb.

continuity should be giving this show a breath of fresh air but last season was one of the least funny they've done and this one seems like it's going to be even worse.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Race Realists posted:

i kinda miss tezzor

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Mr. Unlucky posted:

it was fun as a kid but now the early episodes are way too basic potty mouth 10 year old poo poo and the later episodes are a big tedious wank.

the game was the last fun thing this series did after years of not caring about it and it was essentially fueled entirely by nostalgia which makes the member berries thing extra dumb.

continuity should be giving this show a breath of fresh air but last season was one of the least funny they've done and this one seems like it's going to be even worse.

you just hate because you disagree with it politically :v:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

china bot posted:

if nothing else, South Park is responsible for the "THIS IS WHAT __________ ACTUALLY BELIEVE" meme

e: Simpsons Did It and Free Hat are loving great

the sock gnome thing is played out but also good

also manatees

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr. Unlucky posted:

member when marriage was between a man and a woman

member Reagan?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The Stick of Truth game was done by Obsidian, iirc.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
welp yep looks like they are

how dare you present opinions that effectively attack my political narrative how dare you force me to defend my intellectually lazy positions to my peers know your place cartoon comedy writers :qq:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

welp yep looks like they are

how dare you present opinions that effectively attack my political narrative how dare you force me to defend my intellectually lazy positions to my peers know your place cartoon comedy writers :qq:

What are you on about? You don't think it's hosed up that Eric Cartman poo poo is becoming acceptable behavior for adults? You can't have your cake and eat it too, eventually this poo poo is going to have serious consequences. But hey I'm just a kid *shrugs and walks away*

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
I'm pretty amazed that 20 seasons later South Park still upsets people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

McDowell posted:

What are you on about? You don't think it's hosed up that Eric Cartman poo poo is becoming acceptable behavior for adults? You can't have your cake and eat it too, eventually this poo poo is going to have serious consequences. But hey I'm just a kid *shrugs and walks away*

i dunno if your serious but some people have always and will always act like cartman in fact its almost like he is some kind of humorous analogue for antisocial people in real life as though the show were holding up a funhouse mirror of some sort to society boy i wish there was a name for that

• Locked thread