Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
American reality shows thrive on people with borderline personality disorders(or the perception of one). Drag Race would be just as good of a show if it was as nice as British Bake Off; however, people want their drama...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'm not sure how you can say that about a series that literally started this season by opening the library.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
That's what I'm confused about too. A lot of what I perceived drag culture to be about is a bunch of bitchy men being bitchy. All in good fun, of course. Caddy, claws out drama can be entertaining. Nothing so far in AS2 seems even remotely like that. Everyone has been on their best behavior. Hell, Dexox came off as super shady in her season and now he is a choir boy in comparison.

Spite House put it well: it's excessive. Disturbingly so. It's just hate and ultra-smarmy attitudes. One comment was along the lines of Phi disabled her comments because the detractors were right. It's almost delusional. She could have disabled them for being called a bitch, oval office, told to die, etc. the people engaging in this seem sociopathic in a sense.

sonatinas posted:

Drag Race would be just as good of a show if it was as nice as British Bake Off; however, people want their drama...

Make an episode of Drag Race with this combo as the challenge, and you'll see me extremely happy. I would love to see the queens bake something while being cheeky in the process.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Propaganda Machine posted:

I'm not sure how you can say that about a series that literally started this season by opening the library.

RuPaul's Best Friend Race

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

sonatinas posted:

Drag Race would be just as good of a show if it was as nice as British Bake Off; however, people want their drama...

Every time they say "Good luck, and start baking" I expect to hear "Good luck, and don't gently caress it up". Really, more shows should just use that since it perfectly encapsulates reality competition.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Okay, the Great Drag Race Bake Off/Baking Show is now a challenge I need in my life. Thanks for making me sad that it will never happen.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I feel like Phi Phi came in wanting to change people's minds and she was really trying to be "right" and "just" but she came across as the Morality Police... so her bitchiness trumped the others' shadiness. She was trying to do right, but it's easy to lose control of yourself when you're trying to control everything around you :[ I got a bit weepy when she was given positive feedback on the runway for her Nomi Malone (which I thought was gold). She was completely overwhelmed when someone said something good about her... I think that said a lot about her confidence level.

I love her <3 I hope this all blows over. She's done absolutely nothing to deserve the hate but she is keeping the trolls satiated. She's gotta stop that - for her own sanity.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Apparently, Logo isn't letting VH1 simulcast this weeks episode because they know everyone will want to watch it. I can understand it for the ratings, but WHY ARE YOU DEPRIVING ME OF BEAUTIFUL HD LOGO?????

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Millie posted:

I feel like Phi Phi came in wanting to change people's minds and she was really trying to be "right" and "just" but she came across as the Morality Police... so her bitchiness trumped the others' shadiness. She was trying to do right, but it's easy to lose control of yourself when you're trying to control everything around you :[ I got a bit weepy when she was given positive feedback on the runway for her Nomi Malone (which I thought was gold). She was completely overwhelmed when someone said something good about her... I think that said a lot about her confidence level.

I love her <3 I hope this all blows over. She's done absolutely nothing to deserve the hate but she is keeping the trolls satiated. She's gotta stop that - for her own sanity.

:chloe:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

"Phi Phi is a talented queen who doesn't realize how bitchy she comes across and doesn't deserve constant hate and suggestions of suicide."

Nostalgia4Infinity: "no she does tho"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ALFbrot posted:

"Phi Phi is a talented queen who doesn't realize how bitchy she comes across and doesn't deserve constant hate and suggestions of suicide."

Nostalgia4Infinity: "no she does tho"

p.much :evilbuddy:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Phi Phi is a talented queen who needs to take a good look at how she presents herself to other people. I don't like her but I don't want to be violent against her or want her to die at all.

I just want her to go somewhere else. And of all the queens who have graced the stage, I'm not sure what qualifications she had to be an "All Star" outside of exactly what she has brought to this season which is controversy/ratings.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Phi Phi seems like the kind of person who, for their own health and well-being, should never have been on a reality show. Unfortunately this is exactly the type of person reality shows love to cast. :v:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

Apparently, Logo isn't letting VH1 simulcast this weeks episode because they know everyone will want to watch it. I can understand it for the ratings, but WHY ARE YOU DEPRIVING ME OF BEAUTIFUL HD LOGO?????

So that's why it wasn't coming up on my scheduled recording list?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Ughhh. How will I watch it now?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pinwiz11 posted:

Logo, I hate you so much, Logo.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So it's looking like tonight is going to be a doozy

Major Spoilers: PhiPhi is having a meltdown on twitter right now, she basically says that she asks to leave this episode.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Entertainment Weekly's got the clip of the eliminated queens coming back, and I'm even more pissed that it won't be on VH1 tonight. I NEED THE DRAMA IN HD, DAMMIT!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/22/drag-race-all-stars-queens-clash

Oh, and apparently, it comes back on VH1 for next week's episode. I guess a Love and Hip Hop marathon is much more important than watching Phi Phi's face crack.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

If only Phi Phi had gone into this with Acid Betty's attitude and totally owned the villain role, I'd feel a lot better about enjoying all this delicious drama. Because it is so. Delicious. :magical:

Also took this from the RPDR subreddit to share because it's just freaking brilliant:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Entertainment Weekly's got the clip of the eliminated queens coming back, and I'm even more pissed that it won't be on VH1 tonight. I NEED THE DRAMA IN HD, DAMMIT!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/22/drag-race-all-stars-queens-clash

Oh, and apparently, it comes back on VH1 for next week's episode. I guess a Love and Hip Hop marathon is much more important than watching Phi Phi's face crack.

It seems that Logo didn't want VH1 to air it simultaneously, not that VH1 didn't want to air the episode. :sigh:

Guess I'm waiting until tomorrow to watch it.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Mouse Dresser posted:

It seems that Logo didn't want VH1 to air it simultaneously, not that VH1 didn't want to air the episode. :sigh:

But they've been doing that since the season started! What kind of fuckery?

Goddamn it, Logo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

If only Phi Phi had gone into this with Acid Betty's attitude and totally owned the villain role, I'd feel a lot better about enjoying all this delicious drama. Because it is so. Delicious. :magical:

Honestly I thought Phi Phi was getting a weird edit for the first one or two episodes, but all of this along with the constant Twitter meltdowns are just way too good.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

But they've been doing that since the season started! What kind of fuckery?

Goddamn it, Logo.

Because everyone is all :suspense: after the ending of last week's episode. Logo wants all those Fat Viewer Eyeballs on their channel, not VH1. Although both channels are owned by Viacom...

caligulamprey posted:

Honestly I thought Phi Phi was getting a weird edit for the first one or two episodes, but all of this along with the constant Twitter meltdowns are just way too good.

I've taken a peek at Phi Phi's twitter melt downs, and good lord. I mean, I feel for her. It loving sucks to be told you'd be vindicated but then, once again, be made the villain. But girl you're still the one who said that poo poo. Look at Detox, she was totally a villain on her season. But she's not giving the editors anything all that shady to work with (to the viewers' detriment).

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mouse Dresser posted:

Ru got her Emmy. They were airing it on VH1 for exposure, long enough to get get votes and to get people to either pay for a season pass, or buy a higher tier cable package to see what happens next.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm going to watch tonight in SD, but I'm not happy about it...

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

Ru got her Emmy. They were airing it on VH1 for exposure, long enough to get get votes and to get people to either pay for a season pass, or buy a higher tier cable package to see what happens next.

But it's going back to airing on VH1 in HD right after this episode?

I don't think Ru's Emmy ambitions were one of the main causes of this, but yeah Viacom would love for more people to shell out for its stupidly expensive Logo packages, I'm sure.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh Roxxy :(

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Porkchop was not amused.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Porkchop was not amused.

I was just going to mention that. :stare: out of nowhere :laffo:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh my god Tatianna clocking Phi Phi.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Yeah, can they both stay? This is a good lip synch.

EDIT: gently caress YEAH!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Yaaaaas!

OH MY GOD THAT CUT TO PHI PHI

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yaaaaas!

OH MY GOD THAT CUT TO PHI PHI

I NEED THAT IN GIF FORM NOW!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

BYE FELICIA :toot:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

:tviv:

Yes :dance:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also that was probably one of the trashiest and most immature eliminations I've ever seen.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I was hoping that Tatianna would stay, especially after that LSFYL. I'm so glad that they both get to hang out some more.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

That episode was one of the greatest of all time hands down

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm glad Phi Phi is out of that pressure cooker, I want to give her a hug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

As my partner pointed out, someone got a really good redemption arc this season.

It's Tatianna, I am actively rooting for that girl.

• Locked thread