Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm legit surprised that the Club are in.

They also announced some more details for MyCareer. There seems to be a lot of Heyman stuff, they're touting improved feuds, because of the promo system and post-match and backstage attacks and if you don't want to do the Authority objectives, there's a merch system that earns you points by wearing your poo poo on Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The only people on the main roster not in the game are:

-Curt Hawkins
-Jinder Mahal
-Rhyno
-Rosa Mendes

Not bad considering they were all added since the brand split, and Rosa is Rosa...

And oh yeah, all those loving cruiserweights they just brought up

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

-Curt Hawkins
-Jinder Mahal
-Rhyno
-Rosa Mendes

Not bad considering they were all added since the brand split, and Rosa is Rosa...

I'll be able to download all of them in a week after release (insert joke about 2K servers here) but no Man With A Plan in the soundtrack makes me sad.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
apparently more dlc will be announced after this so maybe Rhyno might be there? who knows

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Astro7x posted:

-Curt Hawkins
-Jinder Mahal
-Rhyno
-Rosa Mendes

Pretty sure Rosa was a manager last year so she'll probably be in this year as one too?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

GenericMartini posted:

apparently more dlc will be announced after this so maybe Rhyno might be there? who knows

Rhyno might be a possibility since he was in NXT, but the others? Doubt it.

With Godfather/Shango, looks like they're doing another HoF pack, and with Von Erich, we've got to get The Freebirds.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blast Fantasto posted:

2K is announcing DLC characters for 2k17 on Twitter right now

So far

- Mojo Rawley
- Austin Aries
- Tye Dillinger
- Guns and Gallows
- the Godfather
- Papa Shango
- Kerry Von Erich
- Eddie Guerrero

Lmao at Godfather AND Papa Shango

Who the hell is Guns

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Who the hell is Guns

Machine Gun Karl Anderson. You may know him by the size of his house and the possession of a hot asian wife.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Machine Gun Karl Anderson. You may know him by the size of his house and the possession of a hot asian wife.

Were 2k the ones who came up with that stupid name for the team?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

Did WWE ever actually call him machine gun?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Blast Fantasto posted:

2K is announcing DLC characters for 2k17 on Twitter right now

So far

- Mojo Rawley
- Austin Aries
- Tye Dillinger
- Guns and Gallows
- the Godfather
- Papa Shango
- Kerry Von Erich
- Eddie Guerrero

Lmao at Godfather AND Papa Shango

Hells yes tag champions Pimpa Shango 4 life

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Did WWE ever actually call him machine gun?

I'm going to just assume that whoever made that list here just used the name for shits and giggles.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The dream match of Papa Shango vs Godfather

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

The dream match of Papa Shango vs Godfather

No Terry Gordy?!?!

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
wait papa shango vs godfather is the dream match LMAO

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

WCW Saturday Night arena from '92? Close, but still no Center Stage from the 80s.

This is what I want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nawqRVzqZE8

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Davros1 posted:

No Terry Gordy?!?!

No Stan Hansen either. Both should be relatively easy to create, assuming neck morphing is in, because chicken neck does not suit these two. Bummer though nonetheless. Hope they sneak in a good left handed lariat in the move pack or something.

Davros1 posted:

WCW Saturday Night arena from '92? Close, but still no Center Stage from the 80s.

This is what I want:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nawqRVzqZE8

I wonder how they would do entrances with that setup? Be great to have though, even the smallest venue in create an arena is huge compared to the bingo halls and gyms I want to be able to create.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 21, 2016

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

How the gently caress can they justify $9.99 for the godamn grind skip mode?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skinty McEdger posted:

Because idiots will pay for it and lesser idiots (but still idiots for buying this poo poo game) will wait for the PC version to get it for free with all the other DLC.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's 4.99 but still too much honestly.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

$117 for that full experience plus the game

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

remusclaw posted:

It's 4.99 but still too much honestly.

Not the accelerator but the new myplayer kickstart dlc that is basically unlock everything for the career mode for 9.99.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

GenericMartini posted:

wait papa shango vs godfather is the dream match LMAO

Please don't mock Wade Barrett's dreams

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Skinty McEdger posted:

Not the accelerator but the new myplayer kickstart dlc that is basically unlock everything for the career mode for 9.99.

To be fair, you also get Apollo Crews and Nia Jax who aren't worth $10 and Shinsuke Nakamura who is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Senerio posted:

To be fair, you also get Apollo Crews and Nia Jax who aren't worth $10 and Shinsuke Nakamura who is.

That's why Crews, Nia, and Nakamura are in their own pack you can just get for $5

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

That's why Crews, Nia, and Nakamura are in their own pack you can just get for $5

That's only for last gen. Current gen has to get the 9.99 pack to get them.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Senerio posted:

Were 2k the ones who came up with that stupid name for the team?

No, that was their team name in NJPW.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Blasmeister posted:

Please don't mock Wade Barrett's dreams

I just realized how hosed up it is we won't be able to do the actual dream match of Barrett vs Papa Shango

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How am I expected to go on with only Papa Shango and the Godfather and no Kama? This throws my million dollar corporation vs Wyatt family storyline off completely.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

No, that was their team name in NJPW.

NJPW is collaborating for 2K17?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

First look into Universe Mode for the PS4/360:

https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k17-universe-mode

Only big changes seemed to be:

Promos are part of the card
You can have 3 Universe saves
Have to play/sim the matches in the order as they appear on the card. (i.e. can't play the main event first then go back and do the rest of the card)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The models for the women are so bad

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

The models for the women are so bad

"There is no Dana, only Zuul."

https://twitter.com/LaloD02/status/780872463571791873

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

From that image I'm getting that they put more effort into modelling cleavage than faces

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

That Dana headshot would make a loving primo avatar, not gonna lie.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

goddamn it, I just watched a full breakdown of the create a wrestler mode, and now I wanna buy 2k17 for reals this time :smith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

super macho dude posted:

goddamn it, I just watched a full breakdown of the create a wrestler mode, and now I wanna buy 2k17 for reals this time :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njuDKurBx-Y

If it was this clip, it kind of makes me wary. A lot of cool stuff, but holy clipping batman!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looks like you still can't alter hair lengths (not shown in this video) but they at least allow you to use women's hairstyles on men, so they've finally allowed you to give Undertaker Eva Marie's hair. All dead everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZbYeksOQI Styles' hair doesn't grow physics until the end of his entrance