Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Added :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
This one's gonna be a slobberknocker!

Create a wrestler to join the roster of GAME ROOM WRESTLING

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788553

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added.

Its not strictly a CYOA, but this a constitutional convention thread. Slots are filling up fast :D

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788896

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Oh wow, I can't believe anyone remembered Country at War well enough to put it on the list of abandoned games!

Shoot, now I kind of want to go back to it, what's the etiquette if it's fallen into Archives?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

I dunno if things can be brought out of the archives, but what you could do is start a new thread, title it (part 2), link the old thread, and start where you left off :D

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Loel posted:

I dunno if things can be brought out of the archives, but what you could do is start a new thread, title it (part 2), link the old thread, and start where you left off :D
Oof, it's tempting. I'd just need to remember all the stuff I'd thought up and didn't write down anywhere.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

Here's a game where five people try to journey to the west, and everyone else tries to kill them and take their place.

I've been told it counts as a CYOA, I guess because everyone can participate. :v: Speaking of that, more people posting as monsters would be great! You don't even need to make one up if you don't want to, people have already made a few.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Friar John posted:

Oof, it's tempting. I'd just need to remember all the stuff I'd thought up and didn't write down anywhere.
I did it, fool that I am

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
The rent is due, you're down to your last packet of instant noodles, and and you're fresh out of a job. There's only one thing to it; milk that 12-18 year old male demographic for their valueable ad-impressions and that sweet YouTube money.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

It needs a picture :colbert:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

I believe it captures the tone I'm going for rather well. As an aside, I'm about to start working on my first update but it seems we're undecided on who we actually want to play as. There's a 4-4 tie between playing as a manic hoarder collector of rare Pringles tubes, and a schizophrenic man who likes to play D&D with his friends.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Dwarf and Desperation

Piece together who you are, where you were going. Get drunk, groom your beard and survive the winter-wonderland!

My previous, very short-lived Fantasy Lucha Libre CYOA fell to the curse, due to housing problems and hardware failure. This time, I make backups.

Doktor Per fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 3, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Reminder to everyone that NanoWrimo is in 4 short weeks, so be ready! :D

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Mutants: Uprising = I solemnly swear I will really try hard to update at least once a week. I had a bit of an increase of things I like to call "real life responsibilities" but that's no excuse, so I'm doing my best to keep the story going. Pinky swear!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Creation through Fire:, a neat idea I had that I'm going to work on for NaNoWriMo, which means I'm going to try and update often. I haven't done much writing in awhile, so it may be rough, but hopefully it'll be fun too!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
Aberrant Behavior - Choose the time and place you start, the story will change with it and you will see a different portion of it in some way. Find out what lurks just beneath the surface.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A Cacophony of Godlets - Starting at the very beginning, an empty place where a world may come to be has attracted a swarm of Godlets, little entities of ego, will and reality-shaping power. Which of them will flourish, which will burn out and fade? Therein lies a tale only you can tell.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

No picture, no update :colbert:

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.

Loel posted:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Loel posted:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
A bit late but Book of Emerald Dreams - play as one of many hapless souls as you plumb the mysteries of existence while trying to avoid death and the consequences that come with it.

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
me too please

All Life and Suddenly Me

pls and thank you

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.
So if I've got this straight...this is the

Choose Your Own "Choose Your Own Adventure Thread" Thread

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Half-wit posted:

So if I've got this straight...this is the

Choose Your Own "Choose Your Own Adventure Thread" Thread

seconding this vote

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Well played. Ill ask Ettin to change it.

New cyoas added also

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 18, 2016

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
I guess since I haven't been able to get ANYWHERE on Sangreal in CYOA OR novel format, you should probably move it to inactive/dead. I know what I want to say, I just don't know how to say it. Guess we're not all novelists. :(

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

All right, I told myself that I wouldn't post until I'd reached at least 4 pages and had been updating for at least two rotations at my job, and since I've hit both of those milestones, here's my CYOA:

Where the Dead Walk

We're playing a little girl who just completed her search for a name in a primitive tribal culture that lives in a swamp, who just killed a menacing stranger to earn said name. This game was inspired by Diogines' excellent CYOA, though it uses an entirely different setting (and probably entirely different mechanics.) I'll be updating it later today, but it's a pretty quick read (I think) and this is a great time to join up and cast a vote! Or just wait for me to close voting and update in a few hours.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added! :D

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
Please add the below, thanks sir!

Game: [CYOA - October Epsilon - In Space Nobody Can Hear You Science

You are an administrative AI in charge of a scientific research base. Initial construction is complete and the crew will shortly be revived from cryogenic stasis. Junior Programmer Jackson has made a very silly spelling mistake and now you're sentient and are not sure what the hell an Asimov even is anyway.. Some kind of delicious pastry perhaps?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

that sounds amazing

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I have time to run again so please add:

Voices Of A Distant Planet. You are on your way to colonize a new world. Earth is hosed. No one has tried this before. No one is coming to help you. The bad news doesn't end there, but you can't let that stop you. You've got two choices. Hold things together and help humanity expand or watch as the last human life in the galaxy is snuffed out. No pressure.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 1, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Game:
System: Wingin' It!
Format: CYOA
Players: Unlimited

Take the reins of someone who can do anything - as long as the dice are on their side.

(started this a while back and totally spaced on putting it up here)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Cacophony of Godlets has now successfully concluded, and can be moved to the 'Complete' section.