Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm not going to be able to see it but tomorrow's CMLL show looks intersting. Curious to see which of the old guys can still go (I've seen Fuerza Guererra look p good recently) and Dorada vs. Cavernario should be great.

Does anyone know if there's heat between Mil Mascaras and the office? If he shows up occasionally on NOSAWA's indie shows you'd think this would've been a natural fit. O f course, he also could've just requested way too much money to have been worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Tonight's Puebla card is headlined by a tag title match and also features a lightning trios match in the tercera. Isn't that kinda rare? The vast majority of the ones that come to mind are singles matches.

Reyes del Aire is Friday and Mascara Dorada is still booked for it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What are the odds they just put the Dorada mask on someone else

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

What are the odds they just put the Dorada mask on someone else

They put it on Matt Taven and none are the wiser.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Rey Escorpion was replaced by Pierroth on last night's show. I didn't think anything of a CMLL guy missing a random date at first but....

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is Santo Jr. the son of el hijo del Santo?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

Is Santo Jr. the son of el hijo del Santo?

A son, yes. I think he's had multiple but only one's taking up wrestling (at least currently)

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

A son, yes. I think he's had multiple but only one's taking up wrestling (at least currently)

How upset is Hijo Del Santo about this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Interesting. I thought El Hijo Del Santo was saving the "El Nieto Del Santo" name for his son.

Does anyone know what happened to Axel, the other grand son of El Santo and El Hijo Del Santo's nephew?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/778955443309641728

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Google has an El Santo doodle today for the US, most of Latin America, and Japan. Blue Demon makes an appearance as well.

Here's a link for Canadians, Euros, and Australians

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Thauros posted:

Google has an El Santo doodle today for the US, most of Latin America, and Japan. Blue Demon makes an appearance as well.

Here's a link for Canadians, Euros, and Australians

Was just about to post this, it's awesome!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Reyes del Aire is Friday and Mascara Dorada is still booked for it.

Hey this is on now at http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/

I

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Alberto no showed Heroes Inmortales tonight capping off a disasterous week of news for AAA.

From the Observer:

quote:

The recent exodus of so many wrestlers is because of pay issues. There are guys who are as much as two months behind on pay, which doesn’t sound good. TripleMania payoffs were much lower than expected and we also heard it wasn’t that hard in Mexico City to find free tickets to that show. The top guys are being paid on time because they have to do that

Fenix is this week’s departure, but that’s been expected ever since he moved from Mexico City. He’s now working as Rey Fenix. Nobody yet knows how this will affect his standing in Lucha Underground. Because of the value of the dollar vs. the peso, he can make far more working indies in the U.S. than in Mexico, like his brother, Pentagon Jr., who is still affiliated with AAA

Dorian Roldan went to a house show by a local promotion in Monterrey a few weeks ago and got unmercifully booed. He was clearly not expecting that and tried to get over by telling the fans that Pentagon Jr. would be on the 10/2 Heroes Inmortales show to get a pop. The problem is he knew he wouldn’t since he was booked in the U.S. that weekend

Jack Evans knocked the company's management and creative direction in a recent interview I can't find rn.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

AAA's Jacks main money for a while. That means shits real bad.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

Thauros posted:

Alberto no showed Heroes Inmortales tonight capping off a disasterous week of news for AAA.

From the Observer:

Jack Evans knocked the company's management and creative direction in a recent interview I can't find rn.

http://www.rderudo.com.mx/mexico-ademas-de-luchar-debes-entretener-jack-evans/

It'll be interesting to see how his matches fare in the near future.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
He's probably smart breaking ties with LU at this point unfortunately. Him and Angelico could probably do a solid run in NXT or either one of them would be a shoo in for the next CWC.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Anyone who this is in the middle at the WWE tryout (unmasked)?

Flo Cesar?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

He's probably smart breaking ties with LU at this point unfortunately. Him and Angelico could probably do a solid run in NXT or either one of them would be a shoo in for the next CWC.

If WWE ain't interested, the indies will probably happily book them. Hopefully Jack doesn't start flaking out on PWG again if they're one of them, I know he showed for his most recent bookings with them, but still. I could see WWE trying to use them for the Dusty Classic.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The good news for them is that they may not have to. Sexy Star still works LU despite leaving AAA and it looks like Fénix still might be able to as well despite AAA's threats. Of course, who the hell knows how much longer they're gonna last? They've lost tremendous amounts of money and seem to be losing momentum if anything instead of gaining it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Flo Cesar?

Its not Lluvia and that's a drat shame.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Zeuxis?

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I hope they're saving their money because the Wellness Policy's pot tax will eat through an NXT salary pretty quickly

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

KatWithHands posted:

http://www.rderudo.com.mx/mexico-ademas-de-luchar-debes-entretener-jack-evans/

It'll be interesting to see how his matches fare in the near future.

Brought it up on Cabana's pod a while back, too.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If the AAA guys who work with LU can leave AAA and stay with LU they might be able to make more money. I know there were a ton of rumors that AAA skimmed off the top from their LU pay.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Another interesting thing that may indicate there's more of a split between LU and AAA than before is that Marty was billed as Marty Causas rather than Marty the Moth on yesterday's AAA show.

thecubsfan posted:

Interesting that Marty the Moth is specifically listed as “Marty Casaus”, not his Lucha Underground name. I’d think AAA would have free reign to use the LU characters – maybe it’s an oversight, but maybe it’s a story.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLH2szPhUOE/

pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLH3IV3hMtT/

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 4, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

official list of things that will keep alberto del rio from wrestling

1) wellness failure
2) knife attacks
3) economy class seating

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Good

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Well I guess AAA might feel a little bad about calling him a huge piece of poo poo and all

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Was the criminal a pale British woman?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I really should not have clicked the pics link, but I'm stupid and hate myself.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
insanely disappointing

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

same ughhh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Man, someone really hated that MexAmerica gimmick.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Well don't go to the TNA thread.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
AAA released another statement saying "yo, sorry you got stabbed (and that we called you a no-showing shitheel disappointment and all)": http://www.luchalibreaaa.com/actualidad/comunicado-oficial-aaa-worldwide-03102016/

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

rovert posted:

Flo Cesar?

Looks like Princesa Sujei if I had to guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

CMLL's card tonight looks interesting and it's starting right now. Volador vs. Cavernario title match plus a Munoz bros trio in the main event. Check out the segunda if you're not familar with those names, most of the guys in there are good young workers.

http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/