Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Not a lot to go on from taste's history -- though I am wondering -- Pmom, what are your current thoughts on Lord of Hats?

Do you think Pmom is scum or town when you ask them this question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max posted:

The part I'm missing is I don't see AS saying "Gun to your head." You used the phrase yourself and then also brought up the vig thing totally unprompted. It's a weird state of mind to be thinking like that.

Max posted:

Is this a serious "well this was how they played scum in a differnet game" argument that you're making?

threes a pattern right

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's notable as part of a pattern of weird misunderstandings from you, though

It's not weird when people in this game have been unsure about what party alignment might mean, and was only a little more confusing when he actually explained that those names just kinda came to him, he didn't pick them. That's why I was asking for clarification.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

threes a pattern right

Yes, I should just assume things and make dumb accusations instead of pressing people and asking for clarification.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Especially when something like town vs. scum alignment is on the line.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Kashuno posted:

This is a really bad post. Questioning birdstrike isn't scummy and trying to be like "birdstrike wouldn't do this!!!" is a trash argument. You also don't make a comment about who among BS' numbers you think is scum. Your comments on Pmom here are just words that have no alignment data behind them.

Questioning "ONE OF THESE PLAYERS IS SCUM" by asking a flavor question that's been debated to already feels like they're trying to pull us off what feels like a pretty nice gift of a 1 in 3, and as pmom pointed out, this isn't the first time max's gotten weird about words in ways that don't quite make sense.

Max posted:

Do you think Pmom is scum or town when you ask them this question?

People casing me when I'm town always makes me raise an eyebrow but I don't feel like he's being disingenuous and surviving to day 2 is often a scumtell for me, so I'm undecided. But I want to see the opinion.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I was really temppted to do that, but Somber's Case is still a really good explanation of why I'm not feeling too strong on Pmom as town.

Anyway, I was gonna ask: KFC, do you still think Pmom isn't really town? Because you seem rather inconsistent when addressing them.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Khyros let me make it clear here: Who is scum?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Questioning "ONE OF THESE PLAYERS IS SCUM" by asking a flavor question that's been debated to already feels like they're trying to pull us off what feels like a pretty nice gift of a 1 in 3, and as pmom pointed out, this isn't the first time max's gotten weird about words in ways that don't quite make sense.

This is such a stretch. Where did I say "Well the scum result is obviously something else." I'm just asking for clarification.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Which, by the by, I understood perfectly at first until birb came back saying it wasn't actually a true ecco cop.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Max posted:

Anyway, I was gonna ask: KFC, do you still think Pmom isn't really town? Because you seem rather inconsistent when addressing them.

If I'm inconsistent it's because I'm unsure. Don't know what else to say on that.

Kashuno posted:

Khyros let me make it clear here: Who is scum?

Off birdie's list, I'd say you or somber look better than 100 years as scum. Max is pinging me too, but I don't have a great theory of this game right now.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I like what PMom is saying about KFC.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Max posted:

Which, by the by, I understood perfectly at first until birb came back saying it wasn't actually a true ecco cop.

I think the clarification was that Birdstrike doesn't actually choose his targets. The list just shows up with names and reading.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

I think the clarification was that Birdstrike doesn't actually choose his targets. The list just shows up with names and reading.

Yeah, that's how I understand it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
ghost cop i see

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's . . . kind of weird for a cop mechanic but OK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like the idea of Ecco "gently caress cops" Raven having a mechanic where a player just receives a list and is told one of the people there is scum stretches the imagination, unless it's an ecco cop that gets sent to someone else.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

should we kill and murder birpstrike now to see if hes ghost cop or wait until tmrw

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

should we kill and murder birpstrike now to see if hes ghost cop or wait until tmrw

We should not do that at all.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Like the idea of Ecco "gently caress cops" Raven having a mechanic where a player just receives a list and is told one of the people there is scum stretches the imagination, unless it's an ecco cop that gets sent to someone else.

Yeah. I'm not actively doubting Birdstrike, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the implications of the ability. Three townies being confirmed almost seems worse for scum than having one scum found by a normal cop.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Actually, I can see that working if it's like a forwarding Ecco cop, you aren't quite sure if the person you are sending the results to is scum or town.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

I've had enough of lynching our power roles for one Mafia, thanks.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

If I'm inconsistent it's because I'm unsure. Don't know what else to say on that.

Off birdie's list, I'd say you or somber look better than 100 years as scum. Max is pinging me too, but I don't have a great theory of this game right now.

If I wasn't so sure somber is scum I'd vote you for this post. You can't even answer a simple "who's scum" without having to try and obfuscate it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

People will say this is OMGUS, but yeah, KFC has painted a bad picture of themselves with that last interaction I just had.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

ive listened to i took a pill in ibiza like thirteen times today

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

If I wasn't so sure somber is scum I'd vote you for this post. You can't even answer a simple "who's scum" without having to try and obfuscate it

you're conveying your point poorly. how do poor play and anger indicate alignment? i mean i'd argue both those points but I don't even see the connection they have to scum behavior.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

you're conveying your point poorly. how do poor play and anger indicate alignment? i mean i'd argue both those points but I don't even see the connection they have to scum behavior.

The tone of the response is what does, not the activity itself. Stop being so ludicrously obtuse. Not only that, KFC isn't playing poorly they're just phrasing their answers in a way that bothers me. KFC feels like they are dancing around putting down solid scum reads, so I blatantly asked them for solid scum reads and even then they don't give a straight answer. Some people might let that go but I am not one of those people

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Someone tell me which one of the Birdstrike Three (tm) I should try and case first--I gave them all a quick lookover but not a lot immediately jumped out to me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
None if you read everyone over and don't think any are scum.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Kashuno posted:

None if you read everyone over and don't think any are scum.

The operative word in that sentence was 'quick'. I've been in two mafia games before--in one of them I was largely worthless, in the other one I was scum. I don't have much experience actually casing someone, there's a lot that doesn't stand out to me immediately. Let's go with... 100 Years, see what garage milk secrets I can find.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

The tone of the response is what does, not the activity itself. Stop being so ludicrously obtuse. Not only that, KFC isn't playing poorly they're just phrasing their answers in a way that bothers me. KFC feels like they are dancing around putting down solid scum reads, so I blatantly asked them for solid scum reads and even then they don't give a straight answer. Some people might let that go but I am not one of those people

explain how tone conveys alignment in this context

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just did? It's not a straightforward and self assured answer to the question, it's dodgy and deceitful. A person who believed the people they mention as scum are actually scum would have some confidence to their tone, whereas as KFC is stumbling around just answering as if they want to make sure to have an easy out because they know the people they are choosing aren't scum

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ive listened to i took a pill in ibiza like thirteen times today

That was literally my sister's summer vacation...

Somberbrero posted:

explain how tone conveys alignment in this context

"How 100yrs plays this game, Alex?"

I'm around and I won't get to bed without some solid opinions on crap, but I'm happy to dialogue while going over things.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Max which of your scumbuds is on my list?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Atomic Soda posted:

given birdstrikes post, why keane, kfc and gradicap, and not kash or somber? whats your view on birdstrikes claim?

I didn't read that as a claim. I wasn't aware that cop stuff with ecco was a 'thing' and I thought he was just laying down his best hunches. KFC, Grandi, and Keane were the ones whose interactions up to the point seemed the most noteworthy; I more or less mentioned why. Though it's certainly a lot more helpful to know that it's actually hard information than just people to pick through.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

Max which of your scumbuds is on my list?

Do you actually think Max is scum? and where else would you look outside of your list anyway?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Alright, so here's my read on 100Yrs:

He subs into the thread when it's still relatively focused on the early Pinterest/Somber conflict, although that isn't still actively going on (it's being talked out, but I think the bulk of the initial conflict had passed, if that makes any sense). He gives some general commentary on the state of the town, and then votes Kord who he says he reads as scum "without a shadow of a doubt". There isn't any explanation at the time, but he does provide a case within the hour, so I don't really find that scummy in and of itself. I can certainly understand wanting to get some posts in before diving in and spending a bunch of time making a big case on someone.

His Kord case touches on a couple main points: Kord voting Taste but talking about Pinterest (I think Pinterest was the first to point this out), some weirdness of his reasoning between Taste and Pinterest (he called Taste scum for a meta read, but didn't address Pinterest's meta read), and disliking his town read on Atomic Soda (speaking of which, I should go back and read AS after this). Overall it seems well thought out.

He stays on Kord for a while, but after Kord steps up his engagement, switches to Keane, for being around but not contributing (bit of a meta read as well, here). It's a little weird how he says he'd be willing to switch to Taste if he can't convince people to go for Keane, and then doesn't really make a case on Keane--certainly not up to the standards of his Kord case. He then goes back to "Hey, I'd still be willing to vote Kord" before ultimately switching his vote back, although he expresses doubt that it would be able to hammer.

Overall... that last bit is kind of weird, but his reads seem genuine enough that I feel fairly comfortable calling him Town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm pretty sure Bird is legit.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Kashuno posted:

I just did? It's not a straightforward and self assured answer to the question, it's dodgy and deceitful. A person who believed the people they mention as scum are actually scum would have some confidence to their tone, whereas as KFC is stumbling around just answering as if they want to make sure to have an easy out because they know the people they are choosing aren't scum

I'm sorry my reads aren't more solid right now but I'm not going to fake certainty I don't have.

My agenda for tonight is
reread you and somber more in depth
review grandi's hats case. If I buy it then I'd say that's actually a point against you since I liked Somber's hats call out early on for padding and I don't recall feeling it was bussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I'm pretty sure Bird is legit.

Question is he as legit as you?

• Locked thread