Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Oh ffs, has this guy not read the treaty of Tripoli? Not to mention that the first nation to recognize American sovereignty was Morocco, of all places, in 1777?

Real Americans are still butthurt over the amazing shenanigans they pulled disrespecting the slavers' revolt's ambassadors :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

xthetenth posted:

So's Jesus, and has that stopped them?
I don't think I've actually seen a lot of jesus in political cartoons.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sharkopath posted:

I don't think I've actually seen a lot of jesus in political cartoons.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

In which Michael Ramirez is mad at Obama for declining control of something

There is absolutely no pleasing these people

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I had forgotten about this nonsense. Good ol' omnipotent father/son Jesus, incapable of stopping mass slaughter, but at least he wears the armband and pins.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kwyndig posted:

What, exactly, has to be going on inside someone's head to believe these things? I can't imagine the thought processes behind "Obummer is a secret Kenyan Muslim!" followed immediately by "He wants to destroy America, but instead of doing something easy like declaring martial law and rounding up dissent, he'll secretly let in Muslim terrorists disguised as refugees! All while bombing the poo poo out of people attacking them in their home countries, that'll make them do what he wants!"

Am I living in a country where a quarter of the population is just flat out insane? Do they not teach rational thought in schools anymore?

Hillary laid it out perfectly - half of Trump's supporters are just insanely racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, and substitute that for a rational world view.

And of course, the side that thinks political correctness is tyranny and Hillary is a constant liar, attacked her for telling the truth and hurting their feelings.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

When conservatives run out of minority groups to blame for the failures of their social and fiscal policies do you think they invent new ones or start over at the beginning?
Trump, Garrison and the rest of the alt-right are starting to go back to blaming Jews already.

Yawgmoft posted:

Obama decides not to use the power of the gods, to the chagrin of the god punished for giving mortals too much power. A good cartoon.

Prometheus wasn't a god, he was the last free Titan.

Yawgmoft posted:

Obama decides not to use the power of the gods, to the chagrin of the god punished for giving mortals too much power. A good cartoon.

Uh, in the myth, the power given was edible food and the ability to cook it. Point of the myth was "the last being who tried to help us got eternally tortured, so don't expect much but suffering to come from the gods".

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Prometheus Bound Zeus also wanted to exterminate the human race through neglect, Prometheus stopped that.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

pc handout culture is as dangerous as it is ancient.

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

"ALL lives matter"

"Pray for Dallas"

"Dallas police Dept."

"I love police. I don't like black people."

"All lives matter especially police."

"This is probably the first cartoon I made regarding the current conversation on race in the United States."

"STOP IT YOU BLACK PEOPLE!"

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Pictured: a situation that has never happened, neither literally nor metaphorically.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It really is weird how often people think the point of prometheus was taking too much knowledge or power, and not what was needed to live.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

xthetenth posted:

Real Americans are still butthurt over the amazing shenanigans they pulled disrespecting the slavers' revolt's ambassadors :colbert:.

What did they do?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fulchrum posted:

Hillary laid it out perfectly - half of Trump's supporters are just insanely racist, sexist, homophobic, Islamaphobic, and substitute that for a rational world view.

And of course, the side that thinks political correctness is tyranny and Hillary is a constant liar, attacked her for telling the truth and hurting their feelings.

No, see, when they do it it's different because (mumble mumble)

Fulchrum posted:

Uh, in the myth, the power given was edible food and the ability to cook it. Point of the myth was "the last being who tried to help us got eternally tortured, so don't expect much but suffering to come from the gods".

Interestingly enough this was eventually considered too unfair and depressing even by Greek standards so they retconned it in the sequel: Hercules frees him and Prometheus gets to go live on Olympus and Zeus apologizes for being such a douche to him.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 21, 2016

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

After The War posted:

From a while back, but tying in to the current page of horrors...

Is the total lack of coverage on the Kurds because the Narrative can't support the idea that there are Good Ones? Has anyone seen anything discussing this?

Anything more complex than "ISIS BAD" seems to be overlooked in general. Thing is, most Muslims in the region are fighting ISIS and we're not really covering any of them. ISIS tried to blow up The Prophet's Mosque in Medina, got as far as the parking lot before security stopped them. They've basically declared all Muslims unworthy infidels. This idea conservatives have that ISIS can just blend in and that those Muslims affected by the war have no strong opinions about stopping ISIS is so detached from reality.

But for the Kurds specifically, that's tricky because of Turkey. Turkey has a very large Kurdish population, concentrated at the border with Syria/Iraq where they are the overwhelming majority. There's a reason the Ottoman Empire had a Kurdistan as a single administrative district, but the Europeans that drew the modern borders didn't really care about all that. At various times, especially when their legal rights were suppressed in favor of ethnic turks, that kurdish area have supported anti-government attacks in the past. Any time a terror attack happens, the government clamps down on Kurds even though it's ISIS doing the attacks. Turkey's president has already said he thinks the US might have had a hand in the attempted coup a few months back specifically because of our alliance with the Syrian Kurds. So us lionizing the Kurds would deeply stir up poo poo with Turkey especially with this particular President.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Remember when all of earth attacked the Dallas PD? Jesus does.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Greetings, good citizens of Something Awfulvania! I am a time traveler from your future, an astonishing two weeks from now, sent back to study your primitive culture. Although it breaks the Temporal Prime Directive to be telling you this, there is something your people must know: listen to the man-duck Tinsley! In my time he is hailed as mighty prophet, his infinite wisdom somehow allowing him to know the very things that shall come to define my future civilization. Yes, even now in the mighty year of two weeks from now the fallout of these email revelations about the Democratic opinions of what is now known as the BLM incident continues to cast a pallor over us all. Barely a moment goes by without one of us mighty future-men nodding sagely and whispering, “Democrats are the real racists.”

Listen to the man-duck, for he and he alone shall know of what matters most to the people of my distant future- some two weeks from now!!!

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

"You all need to stop being so mad when people are killed by lawfully applied state authority" - Jesus

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Remember when all of earth attacked the Dallas PD? Jesus does.

Someone oughta tell the almighty where dallas is on the map.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Macksy posted:

Someone oughta tell the almighty where dallas is on the map.

Jesus just checks Facebook on his phone he's not a goddamn geography major

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Pictured: Something that totally happened, no need to fact check here.

I don't think yelling at Africa is going to accomplish anything here Jesus.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Kajeesus posted:

Man why didn't Chamberlain just travel to Germany and kill Hitler while he was a defenseless toddler? In hindsight that would be the obvious thing to do. What a pussy-rear end bitch.

Because Hitler grew up in Austria, not Germany.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Keiya posted:

Because Hitler grew up in Austria, not Germany.

uh germany is where the time machine is??? try to keep up

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Trogdos! posted:

I was confused too and went looking for an explanation which is very wordy so I'll condense it to this bit:

"I also worry that President Barack Obama is hastily rushing the current transfer of power to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which could make it easier for the United Nations to take over the internet. [...] If we rush this transition and ICANN fails, it will be nearly impossible to get the internet back from the authoritarian regimes that are pushing for more control."

uh ok

Presumably the US will still control .us, right? So we'd be on equal footing with everyone else. Better, actually, since we also have .mil and .gov rather than having to use subdomains of .us.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

UrbicaMortis posted:

What did they do?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morocco%E2%80%93United_States_relations

Arrested two diplomats and made them go through a release via another country because they refused to recognize the CSA. Later they closed their ports to CSA shipping.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yes. It was the Democrats who delt with the Black Lives Matter movement in an embarrassing way.

As opposed to the Republicans who have shown BLM protesters nothing but respect and support.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

I'll admit, this one took me a bit to understand.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

First good Bennett in a while

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahaha, that Bennet actually kinda owns.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mister Beeg posted:

I'll admit, this one took me a bit to understand.

Simply A Good Cartoon without any need for semblance or equivocation.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol what's Drunky Duck's issue with the DNC and BLM? The DNC doesn't consider them perfect allies and BLM doesn't want to be considered as perfect allies. Is he saying that's worse than the GOP's take on BLM? aka they're terrorists who should be denied due process?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Epic High Five posted:

lol what's Drunky Duck's issue with the DNC and BLM? The DNC doesn't consider them perfect allies and BLM doesn't want to be considered as perfect allies. Is he saying that's worse than the GOP's take on BLM? aka they're terrorists who should be denied due process?

Part of the DNC email leak included directions to congressional staffers to "listen to, but not offer support for" Black Lives Matter representatives. This is standard practice because congressional staff doesn't set policy and the Democratic Party doesn't want them making promises they can't keep. Tinsley desperately wants this to be more embarrassing than it really is.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Honestly despite knowing about the two week lead time every TOPICAL Tinsley strip makes me wonder, "Hey didn't that happen like a month ago or something?". He has a nasty habit of doing comics on subjects that occupied at most a few minutes on Fox News' airtime or a couple articles from whatever websites he browses.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Honestly despite knowing about the two week lead time every TOPICAL Tinsley strip makes me wonder, "Hey didn't that happen like a month ago or something?". He has a nasty habit of doing comics on subjects that occupied at most a few minutes on Fox News' airtime or a couple articles from whatever websites he browses.
I think Mister Beeg said that Tinsley actually admitted like ten or so years ago that he stopped really giving a gently caress and it's just an easy paycheck now. And back when Beeg posted early strips of Fillmore, you can tell right away: actual backgrounds, a semblence of setting with established characters, weekly arcs that revolve around a theme but aren't just same joke/art five times. This isn't saying Tinsley was good back then: if anything he was more obnoxious with charcters like the racial minority that loves Rush so much he left his wife over it. But you can tell he actually cared.

At some point last decade, Mallard was fired from his job and that's around the time he entered the white void and the lack of effort in the comic started to really show. Now it's just a duck reguritating RNC talking points for some reason.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

loquacius posted:

The one time in my life I ever talked to a creationist IRL about creationism their main argument was literally "doesn't 'God created humanity in his own image' just feel like the most natural thing in the world to you" and I had trouble thinking of a response to that because it seemed like such a non sequitur which, no, did not feel natural to me at all and also it was completely irrelevant what felt natural to me or not

"As they say, Baldrick, God created man in his image. As for yours, I wouldn't put money on him winning any design awards."

edit:

All things considered, I would totally support the butchering of the Alt-Right by knife and gun, by bomb and fire, through the most painful means that science and righteous anger can sustain. A Good (If legally irresponsible) Cartoon.

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Sep 22, 2016

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

Bennett's focus on minimalism can work against him sometimes, but man. When it works, it WORKS.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I can't find the actual comic this is an edit of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Rorus Raz posted:

At some point last decade, Mallard was fired from his job and that's around the time he entered the white void and the lack of effort in the comic started to really show. Now it's just a duck reguritating RNC talking points for some reason.

Even worse is that it was never consistent with Mallard getting fired. Since then, there were strips where he was clearly at work, but it was never explained whether he got rehired or not,.

That said, when Mallard got fired, Tinsley stopped drawing other characters entirely. A recent Sunday strip featured Chet, though, who hasn't appeared in god-knows-how-long.

• Locked thread