Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Propaganda Machine posted:

Phoebe's goat outplayed her.

Just let that settle in, enjoy your weekend, and break out the popcorn for the merge shenanigans.
:jerky: sunday can't come quicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Clearly the producers rigged the game to screw over Phoebe in an attempt to save the obvious fan favorite, Kristy.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

SUNDAY EP IS AIRING NOW; SPOILERS AHEAD

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Thank you for doing that.

By the way, important Australian Survivor-related toilet information:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good to know✌️

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Flick is dating Benry's brother.

Also Sam appeared to have no idea that the concept of a merge even existed. :rolleyes:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that auction went quick

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not a Flick fan

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think she needs to get the .... Flick

:v

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I like that all of them seem to realise advantages never work out well and they just wanted food at the auction

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think they all got given new clothes.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I would have thought having Phoebe around would have been better for pulling Lee and El across. That didn't seem to be a consideration.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Also there's been absolutely no explanation of why JL would want to stick with Sunaapu.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dislike the mean girls group quite a bit

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I don't condone hitting women (or men) but Flick has a face you just want to punch. :shrug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she is pretty smug

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I like Brooke though. I laughed a lot at all the shots of her just brushing her teeth at the auction.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she is just Flicks underling

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Yeah but she's cute and she seems to get more screentime than Flick which I find interesting.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Also Kristie voted Connor. I still think keeping Phoebe was smarter.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

a trolley posted:

Yeah but she's cute and she seems to get more screentime than Flick which I find interesting.
is she? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm only up JUST past the merge when the Brooke alliance is plotting against... Conner and everyone else?

Brook alliance hates Kylie. They hate the Vavau Four. They hate Matty. They hate Nick. Somehow they think they still have the numbers. I'll be mad if the vote goes their way.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The immunity necklace has an immunity idol in it. That's cute.

Ugh. Why are Matty and Nick working with the Brooke alliance?

I'm really liking Sam this episode as he's talking about flipping on Sanaapu.

How obnoxious was it that Brooke followed Conner and Sam? I can't possibly imagine Sam being okay with being babysat like that.

Oh my god. They didn't even try to vote together. Where did Kylie go? Why did Kate vote for Kylie when the show showed us Kylie with them? For having so much time to show us things they sure don't show us anything.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 26, 2016

Umbra
Jul 9, 2003
Sweet Sassy Molassy.
There has to be some footage cut somewhere, as I can't see Sue just randomly picking someone. I can see Conner and Kate being silly and not voting as a block though. A scene where Sue floats Matt's name, and then a 20 minute integrity speech by Kate maybe.

People left who may know anything about how to play survivor:

Flick
Brooke
Nick
Matt
El (?)
Lee (?)
Jennah-Louise (?)
Sue (?)

The flick/brooke pairing is obnoxious though. Also surprised that Jennah-Louise and Sue didn't talk, with the possibility of Sue being brought in.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

My assessment is that it would have been 7-6 at best anyway if everyone was acting in "their best interests" in so far as they could reasonably perceive.

Flick
Brooke
Matt
Sam
El
Lee
Nick

Connor
Kate
Kristie
Sue
JL
Kylie

I think it's obvious why the bottom 6 have no reason to stick with the majority alliance and would (more likely) be better served with a bunch of floaters. However, I think it would have been tough to pull anyone out of that 7. Nick is not tight with Sanaapu but he would surely think he has a better shot with them than with the old Vavau remnants. And Lee/El had no reason to jump given Lee has formed bonds with Sam and El has formed bonds with Brooke, and neither had any bond with Kristie. I think the only shot at breaking up the "Mean Girls" alliance was keeping Phoebe in the game. I think she would have been happy to cut Connor to save herself if it came to it, but smart enough to realise she had a better shot at making the end by trying to get Lee/El back into the fold and voting out the current power players in Flick and Brooke.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://twitter.com/RandyBailey1720/status/780118891640950784

:corsair:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
why is that bad? we are playing a longer version aren't we

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Mills posted:

Also Kristie voted Connor. I still think keeping Phoebe was smarter.

Disagree, Phoebe would instantly slot in with El and Lee, who would have given her plenty of options working with old Sanaapu. Vavau's position in this game is so poor because they lost nonstop for days on days. There's little that could have changed on the other side that would make the current situation different. Certainly not within the last two or three votes.

Met posted:

I'm only up JUST past the merge when the Brooke alliance is plotting against... Conner and everyone else?

Brook alliance hates Kylie. They hate the Vavau Four. They hate Matty. They hate Nick. Somehow they think they still have the numbers. I'll be mad if the vote goes their way.

Yes, they hate them. They are also using them. It's smart on their part. They aren't bad at the game, just unlikable people.

Met posted:

Oh my god. They didn't even try to vote together. Where did Kylie go? Why did Kate vote for Kylie when the show showed us Kylie with them? For having so much time to show us things they sure don't show us anything.

Because it was 100% clear (to the Vavau 3, not the viewer) that no one was breaking from the ranks. Even Kylie saw the pointlessness of it. Instead they just put votes on people to make those people uncomfortable. Like, somehow JL was not in play, despite once being close allies with Sue. They really only needed 6 votes and yet the outcome was obvious to everyone. Connor had no chance.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I assumed that one of the random votes was Sam refusing to vote Connor. drat, Sammy getting cold.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

MONDAY EP IS AIRING NOW; SPOILERS AHEAD

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Milovan Drecun posted:

Because it was 100% clear (to the Vavau 3, not the viewer) that no one was breaking from the ranks. Even Kylie saw the pointlessness of it. Instead they just put votes on people to make those people uncomfortable. Like, somehow JL was not in play, despite once being close allies with Sue. They really only needed 6 votes and yet the outcome was obvious to everyone. Connor had no chance.

Was really hoping Connor would ask, "Aussie Jeff, do you think it's exciting tv to have the same majority alliance decide the past 6 straight votes - and probably the next 4?"

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Yeah this show has really gone downhill.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hopefully something gets shaken up tonight

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kylie you loving crumb

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

gently caress off Kylie. Only morons are left.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

gently caress off Kylie. Only morons are left.
how hard is it to coordinate votes? haha

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

When the last like six episodes have all been focused on one tribe it's hard to suddenly start caring about these other people again. Tipping the scales in one tribe's favour for so long really stuffed up the rhythm of this season. If it had been for one or two tribals then they mixed again, that would have been way better.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What is Jenna doing? she gets no air time

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tribal talk might provoke nick into using an idol unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Nick is right though. Sam and Lee are on a high horse and think their lies don't count because "they're justified". Not that it helps him to be right.

• Locked thread