Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Still recommending the Steam controller because the aiming is superb once you've tweaked the trackpad and gyro to your liking (and got used to the slightly cramped action buttons), although moving the mouse/trackpad while hitting certain controller buttons causes some weird bugs where it keeps activating action replay or record as though I'm pressing F1/F2, despite having neither of those mapped to the controller. It's not that big a deal, but it's really bizarre and I don't have anything like that kind of bug in any other game I use the controller with.
Hi5 Steam Controller buddy. Also the ability to add activators without using third party software. For example, if I hold down A for over a second, Steam will turn on turbo mode and press A rapidly for me. Great for sprinting, swimming, and pedal biking without tiring my thumb out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

wolffenstein posted:

if I hold down A for over a second, Steam will turn on turbo mode and press A rapidly for me. Great for sprinting, swimming, and pedal biking without tiring my thumb out.

I'm sold

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I made a dumb bot for the discord. Most of it's experimental and probably buggy.

Commands:
!avatar [@user] - See yours or someone elses avatar.
!color <color> [remove] - Give your name tag a custom color. Available colors are: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or purple. I'm still fine tuning this one. No, I won't add pink for the special snowflakes.
!newswire - Get a link to the Rockstar Newswire site -- filtered to GTAO posts only.
!ping - Just used to see if everyone's silent or your connection is hosed.
!play [gta|heist|versus|race|payday|gmod|remove] - Advertises to the main chat that you want to play a dumb game. Also puts you in a special meetup channel. Consider this a "looking to play" setting.
!thread - A link to, well, you're looking at it.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

wolffenstein posted:

Hi5 Steam Controller buddy. Also the ability to add activators without using third party software. For example, if I hold down A for over a second, Steam will turn on turbo mode and press A rapidly for me. Great for sprinting, swimming, and pedal biking without tiring my thumb out.

How do I do this with my Steam controller?

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Otacon posted:

How do I do this with my Steam controller?
First opt into the Steam beta client if you haven't already. It gets the latest features and fixes for the Controller first. Then go to your controller configuration for GTAV, select the button pad and select A to bring up the A button binding screen. Click the back button to open up the activators screen. Add a new activator, set type to "Long Press", bind the A button, and turn on "Hold to Repeat (Turbo)".

Or search for "Official Configuration with Turbo A Button" by me in the community configs. My config doesn't have any users so it's probably at the bottom.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out last night on the PC, I now have money to buy things and not be a filthy scrub.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

wolffenstein posted:

Yeah, I have A set to double tap and hold for sprint, it rules. I currently have the paddles set to LS/RS respectively for ease of taunting and sounding my horn without end, but setting them to X and A for use when aiming is also great.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
https://giant.gfycat.com/EachPertinentDrever.webm

always take giant flying leaps

always

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
Newbie tip: GTA Online is almost entirely Peer-to-Peer, so having a open NAT means less likely to have lag, splits, and all other networking-related issues. For PC, you can check your NAT status in game via Rockstar Social Club (Click gear icon, click Settings, click Network Information). This Rockstar article what ports to open and links to guides on how to do this. PC peeps will have to scroll to the way bottom.

wolffenstein fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 21, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
You auto sprint in fps mode :cool:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

That reminds me I need to program a button to toggle shift-W on and off

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

https://fat.gfycat.com/UncomfortableDimFritillarybutterfly.webm

For context, I drove down here and immediately got shot in the face, so this was revenge. Obviously I'm not gonna gif the part where I get owned :v:

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

https://fat.gfycat.com/UncomfortableDimFritillarybutterfly.webm

For context, I drove down here and immediately got shot in the face, so this was revenge. Obviously I'm not gonna gif the part where I get owned :v:

not a faggio 0/10

taters
Jun 13, 2005

The Sanchez is a fine havoc-mobile. Low insurance makes it good for suicide bombings.

Lost the SSD that GTAV is installed on. Will be a while till I see you all again.

taters fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 22, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Furia posted:

not a faggio 0/10

Extraction doesn't give you the choice :shrug:

and Drop Zone ends friendships!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLHaOVFIrTk

I nominate shark as mvp for this one, by the way. several clutch kills in the span of two minutes? indeed!

Psion fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 22, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's extraction, you spawn on a Sanchez.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zigmidge posted:

You auto sprint in fps mode :cool:

Yes you do, and holding sprint will accelerate you to the speed you'd get from tapping the button

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Yes you do, and holding sprint will accelerate you to the speed you'd get from tapping the button

You also swim faster in first person.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

taters posted:

The Sanchez is a fine havoc-mobile. Low insurance makes it good for suicide bombings.

Lost the SSD that GTAV is installed on. Will be a while till I see you all again.

You hear that guys? That's the sound of triumph from all the pubbie crate runners. We cannot let that stand. To your gargoyles! (Come back soon panzram)

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

What are the FoV values for the slider? I read it's 65-85 but can't confirm. Would like to know to try out some fov mods for single player and to calculate it for my setup.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

taters posted:

this is uncool and bad :(

taters
Jun 13, 2005

coupedeville posted:

this is uncool and bad :(

I've already reinstalled it on another SSD. It was my m2 drive that died. Samsung warranties them for 5 years though, they're gonna replace it. The sata SSD will slow down my load times, still faster than a HDD.

edit - Just logged back in to this retarded game. God help the pubbies.

taters fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 23, 2016

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

This place is dead because all of us that put effort into this poo poo forum are posting in discord, lately (join us)

For the rest of you:

https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/events/eSMEkvCE/gta-online-bonuses---sept-23rd---29th/1

This week's GTA Online Bonuses includes Double GTA$ and RP for all of Lamar's Missions from Lowriders, all Entourage Adversary Mode Maps and on a Stunt Race Playlist. Discounts include 25% off select Supercars, Buckingham vehicles and the Baller LE. More details below.

DOUBLE GTA$ AND RP IN LAMAR LOWRIDERS MISSIONS
Lamar is hatching a scheme to become the ruler of Los Santos’ Lowrider scene, and needs some loyal subjects to help put him on the throne. To do so, you’ll be taking on the biggest gangs in the city through a mix of subterfuge, skill and pure firepower. Keep an ear out for Lamar’s phone calls and tackle eight Contact Missions charting his quest for power.

DOUBLE GTA$ AND RP IN ENTOURAGE
Entourage requires tactical teamwork for Bodyguards to transport a well-armored and armed Target to a designated Extraction Point, all the while battling a team of Assassins attempting to take down the Target. The Extraction Point along with all Assassins are only visible to the Target on their radar – the Bodyguards must rely on communication to safely transport the Target and themselves to the goal.

DOUBLE GTA$ AND RP STUNT RACE PLAYLIST
This week's Stunt Race Playlist features Supercars and includes the following Stunt Races:

Chiliad
Plummet
Canyon Crossing
Vespucci
Join the Playlist by hitting the Stunt Race Playlist prompt on the GTAV launch screen or by selecting the Stunt Race Playlist from the Rockstar Playlists in the pause menu.

25% OFF T20, ZENTORNO AND ETR1 SUPERCARS
Now through September 29th, get 25% off at Legendary Motorsport on the Progen T20, Pegassi Zentorno and the Emperor ETR1.

25% OFF STANDARD AND ARMORED BALLER
Both the Armored and Standard versions of the Gallivanter Baller LE LWB are also 25% off at Legendary Motorsport this week.

25% OFF SELECT BUCKINGHAM VEHICLES
Elitás Travel is offering a 25% discount this week on the Volatus, Swift, Swift Deluxe, Luxor and Luxor Deluxe.

PREMIUM STUNT RACE: EAST COAST
This week's Premium Stunt Race is East Coast. Use the Quick Job App on your in-game phone or enter the yellow Premium Race Blip in Legion Square to enter.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Looking forward to not playing any more Lamar missions ever, actually

clonedpickle did this jump first (and better) but I had to give it a try. This is now how I intend to get into this shortcut every time.
https://giant.gfycat.com/HeartfeltValuableAppaloosa.webm

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Might have to steal that paintjob...

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Zigmidge posted:

This place is dead because all of us that put effort into this poo poo forum are posting in discord, lately (join us)
I tried clicking the discord link earlier and it didn't connect me to any new channels. :(

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I'm going to echo the sentiment about the Discord being cool and good because it's also where we're planning the

2nd Ever GTAGoons Play Trouble In Terrorist Town Saturday :jihad:

which is tomorrow at 6pm PST just like last week.

This time, we'll have our own server with no dumb pubbies and their terrible server rules. There's a GMod chat channel on the Discord, check in there for instructions and also to make suggestions if you have any! Otherwise, see you all tomorrow for the event that no less a person than forums GTAthread superstar coupedeville described as "fun"!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Ripper Swarm posted:

Otherwise, see you all tomorrow for the event that no less a person than forums GTAthread superstar coupedeville described as "fun"!

whatever I did to wrong you ripperswarm I sincerely apologize :cripes:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ofaloaf posted:

I tried clicking the discord link earlier and it didn't connect me to any new channels. :(

Anyone can make temporary invites which probably confuses things a bit. Use the one in the op, it's a permanent invite link.

https://discordapp.com/invite/u4Zdvpg

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

:rip: zigmidge
https://fat.gfycat.com/DarkPepperyKoi.webm

:rip: coupedeville
https://zippy.gfycat.com/CheeryIdleAdouri.webm

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

:rip: Coupe AND Psion!

https://fat.gfycat.com/WelcomeQuestionableInvisiblerail.webm

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Octuple money wouldn't make Lamar's missions worth it. Well... that might. But double, no.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soF3o0-dh8Y for moop from santa

Juxtaposed Shoe
May 15, 2014
I'm not old :(

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, anybody come up with a good name for our MC?

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

Sons of Lowtax: Awful Originals.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Corzaa posted:

Sons of Lowtax: Awful Originals.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

tell me more :pervert:

taters
Jun 13, 2005

SplitSoul posted:

Suns of Banarchy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Hell's Circlejerk

• Locked thread