Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i have no experience with criminals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn

It's just the lack of commitment what bothers me.

If they really wanted to watch the world burn they would have slashed the tyres or something. That is some teen tier scrub bullshit right there

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

why is it so waaaaarm

fridge corn posted:

i have no experience with criminals

maybe it is u that is the criminal

makes u think

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i just bumped into peter crouch

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i hope it doesn't rain between now and saturday because i've tried my best to make sure the car stays dry but without a tarp there is only so much i can do

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

tape a bin bag over the window

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i taped a bunch of empty compost bags over but if it rains heavily its not going to last i think

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

argh the completion date on my house purchase is meant to be next friday and i've just learned that true to form natwest take 5 working days to produce the closing statement on my help to buy ISA that I need for me to claim the govt bonus and they wont close the account over the phone or online so it'll have to wait until saturday

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

imma buy a house in the tropics somewhere irl

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

have you ever been anywhere tropical? its hell

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jose posted:

have you ever been anywhere tropical? its hell

lived in indo, worked in malaysia, and travelled se asia. and heading back there for work in november :P

i like it (after non-stop sweating for 3 weeks whilst i adjust)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Jose posted:

i taped a bunch of empty compost bags over but if it rains heavily its not going to last i think

b&m are doing tarps for about £3, wickes do them for a fraction more (but they're slightly better). problem solved...

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol if you can cope with temperatures above 20C

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

also i think i've just realised why taff a) keeps coming back to this thread, and b) hasn't wanked in close to two years

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

imma buy a house in the tropics somewhere irl

the tropic of cancer is the better of the two imo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

also i think i've just realised why taff a) keeps coming back to this thread, and b) hasn't wanked in close to two years

walmart to walmart sounds like tafs shopping rounds as well

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kluliss posted:

b&m are doing tarps for about £3, wickes do them for a fraction more (but they're slightly better). problem solved...

getting there....

i think its good enough anyway and will be sorted soon enough unless we get torrential rain and its not forecast to rain at all

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That's a dog that knows the horror of the jose

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it used to be an xxl

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Mr. robot season 2 ending jfc

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Is the help to buy isa good? Looking at renting with my girlfriend at the moment, but was wondering if it's worth it/will be protected in the next few years

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

That dwarf on house was p hot

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

man this poo is a biggy

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Looke posted:

Is the help to buy isa good? Looking at renting with my girlfriend at the moment, but was wondering if it's worth it/will be protected in the next few years

I have heard anecdotal evidence that if house prices go up it can gently caress you because the morgage and bit you pay is recalced each time you pay off a quarter, but idk I have no money nous

Outside of London it's probably good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Djf gets control of my account if I die skydiving tomorrow

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

The Mr. robot season 2 ending jfc
gently caress that season 2 of lucifer has started

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

jose discovers starving dogs have gnawed through vital cords for his parachute

his final thoughts, c'est juste

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jose discovers starving dogs have gnawed through vital cords for his parachute

his final thoughts, c'est juste

my final thoughts will be my feet

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Looke posted:

it's basically free money if you are going to buy eventually

i think djf is confusing it with the help to buy scheme

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes i was on my phone and didn't see the "ISA" bit

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

why does no one nearby me stock crystal head vodka

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that poo poo just cheap and tacky as gently caress? Do you need a skull bottle for something?

I'm just annoyed that nowhere around here stocks supermalt.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Looke posted:

With my very limited understanding of the world, and given that I'm really new to this kinda things, the answer would be yes.

It's better than regular ISA and good for budgeting a cool two hundo each month for savings, it's tax free with a good interest rate and if you choose to buy a home eventually the government gives you some free money to go along with it.

Only bad thing is that you can only put 200 a month regardless of if you draw from it or not; however you could conceivably open multiple ISAs and budget your savings around them to make he most out of your ISA allowance (so if you intend to save 400£ or more than 200£ but less than any number larger than 400£ a month you should open two ISAs). Bonus points if for each ISA you open you have 1200 for each to make the most out of them with each month.

Overall10/10 would ISA again.

Furia fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 22, 2016

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

Isn't that poo poo just cheap and tacky as gently caress? Do you need a skull bottle for something?

I'm just annoyed that nowhere around here stocks supermalt.

Yes, but... you know... free skull

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jose posted:

Djf gets control of my account if I die skydiving tomorrow

Have fun

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Furia posted:

With my very limited understanding of the world, and given that I'm really new to this kinda things, the answer would be yes.

It's better than regular ISA and good for budgeting a cool two hundo each month for savings, it's tax free with a good interest rate and if you choose to buy a home eventually the government gives you some free money to go along with it.

Only bad thing is that you can only put 200 a month regardless of if you draw from it or not; however you could conceivably open multiple ISAs and budget your savings around them to make he most out of your ISA allowance (so if you intend to save 400£ or more than 200£ but less than any number larger than 400£ a month you should open two ISAs). Bonus points if for each ISA you open you have 1200 for each to make the most out of them with each month.

Overall10/10 would ISA again.

The whole point of ISAs is that you don't contribute to more than one at a time.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

You can have multiple isas. You just have a limit of 15k/yr that you can contribute.

Dunno if it's different for help to buy ones

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

You can have multiple isas. You just have a limit of 15k/yr that you can contribute.

Dunno if it's different for help to buy ones

Yeah, that's what I meant. You can only have one help to buy, but you can split the allowance however you like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

yeh £200pm max in the HTB isa but then the rest of the isa allowance in another (although I closed my other isa because I was getting a better rate on my normal savings account)

edit: although you can't open two isas in the same tax year

oh no computer fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 23, 2016