Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I liked the subtle effects the hack had on society when there didn't seem to be any at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Elliot keeps having to repeat this whole loop a couple times and each time it fucks his memory up so much that he forgets.

Like, wtf was with the "previously on" showing tyrell and mr robot in the car and then it was tyrell and elliot. Like,I dont remember that scene but if they did it then it means that this season was a pre-cursor to season 1 (whcih someone else in this thread floated)

So basically, elliot is neo and they keep wiping his memory until they get it right. Thats why he doesn't remember his sister or friends or dad or anything.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Also, what the gently caress did they say at the stinger at the end about like "what if we are real" or something? Where they talking about what if they were the only ones that were undetected reals? Like jerry in m night shamalyaileins on rick and morty?

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

Doghouse posted:

Was he a prison warden running this website out of..what, his office in the prison? That he brought Elliott into?
This will probably sound obvious, but online businesses can pretty much be entirely managed remotely from any lovely pc anywhere with an internet connection.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

sticklefifer posted:

Did we get a confirmation in that post-credit scene that Trenton's name is "Tanya"? Mobley called her that but it could easily be an alias since they're in hiding, but it was still a private conversation. I do like the little wrinkle that the FBI doesn't really know about her.

nah they totally are using fake names

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Like, wtf was with the "previously on" showing tyrell and mr robot in the car and then it was tyrell and elliot. Like,I dont remember that scene but if they did it then it means that this season was a pre-cursor to season 1 (whcih someone else in this thread floated)

The first scene with Mr Robot was in the latter half of the first season. The second showing was a flashback to show how the real meeting went down with it really being Eliot as Mr Robot.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

nah they totally are using fake names

Yeah, she also called Mobley a different name with what seemed to be emphasis to show that it was a fake name.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

sticklefifer posted:

I mean it's technically still going back to the Fight Club well if they're literally going to blow up a building that sets everyone back to zero.

Did we get a confirmation in that post-credit scene that Trenton's name is "Tanya"? Mobley called her that but it could easily be an alias since they're in hiding, but it was still a private conversation. I do like the little wrinkle that the FBI doesn't really know about her.

Pretty sure they were just fake names to help them lay low since they were afraid of the Dark Army following them. Mobley was going by 'Frederick' and even though they were having a "private" conversation they needed to be diligent with their fake names.

Speaking of the post-credits scene, I loved seeing them working at a Fry's Electronics. As soon as I saw the Aztec facade I knew Mobley finally made it to Arizona and had a good laugh about that. There are two Fry's Electronics stores in Phoenix, and I while I kind of wish they filmed that scene at the one closer to where I live, I totally understand them preferring the Aztec theme to a golf theme.

Interesting stuff that Trenton and Mobley were talking about. What did Trenton find? Was it the encryption key to reset the hack or was it discovering an actual way to directly manipulate time? Having Leon show up and ask them for the time was just the icing on the cake. Pretty sure he wasn't there to off them because it wouldn't have been as efficient to hail them first.

Sam Esmail is really good at littering real clues and misinformation everywhere. He's in tune with the theorists on the internet, like us, and drops stuff to actively gently caress with us. He planned all of the BttF musical references last episode, then there was the brownout triggering that tv broadcast to repeat, now Trenton mentions finding a way to directly reset things that happened in the past, and immediately after Leon shows up asking for the time. And the crazy thing is that I'm 50-50 on whether time travel will truly be a thing in Season 3. Say what you will about his framing, because everything else he's done with this season has been fantastic.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Does anybody remember how to work a Commodore 64? There's an emulator for it on the show's website, and I'm wondering if there's anything interesting hidden in it.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I'm going to new york comic con in two weeks. There's to be and Mr Robot panel. What should I ask Sam Esmail? I was going to troll him with a question about how his show is similar to Lost, but maybe there's a better way.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

d0grent posted:

Except Tyrrell shot him in the gut, which gives us plenty of room to believe he survived the shot without any audience trickery.

When Angela says "You did what you had to do" to Tyrrell, it made me think Elliott just thinks he was shot. We saw blood on Elliott's hands from Elliott's perspective, and the sad look on Tyrrell's face made me think it was because of the state Elliott's mind is in, rather than the act of shooting him.

I really have no loving clue, but it just seems pretty dumb to risk killing him (peritonitis) by shooting him in the gut because of something that "had to be done" to someone who is so loved, as it were. But then again, the elevator sandwich guy could have been dressed as he was specifically to treat Elliott if he ended up "needing" to be shot.

:psyduck: this loving show.

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

Isn't firing a warning shot the prudent thing to do? I suppose the gun could have only a single bullet left.

Anyhow I read the scene as Tyrell freaking out at Elliot's suicidal confidence in walking toward a loaded gun. A second or more Elliot could have tried grabbing it from his hand and Tyrell's dreams and possibly life would end. A desperate act of self defense.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Catsplosion posted:

The people in this thread who think its a sleeper agent or AI story-arc are plain retarded. I honestly don't know how a sane mind makes the jump from what we have to either of those ideas.
Bad writing is how. Tell us how Angela's character whiplash makes any sense and we'll stop making up excuses for the bad writing.

Estratetraenol
Jul 23, 2007
lol

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Does anybody remember how to work a Commodore 64? There's an emulator for it on the show's website, and I'm wondering if there's anything interesting hidden in it.

load "land of ecodelia",8
run

It runs the program that was used in the show.

You can get the full list of programs but none of the other ones seem to load properly. Are the names clues to the Land of Ecodelia?

load "$",8
list

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

DaveKap posted:

Bad writing is how. Tell us how Angela's character whiplash makes any sense and we'll stop making up excuses for the bad writing.

Everytime the lights dim a new firmware is being loaded in her mind.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Finally started watching this. My wife usually doesn't like tech shows but this is more of a drama anyways. We're enjoying it so far.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Yay time to mega-post again.

Doghouse posted:

Can someone explain to me what the deal with the Ray story is? Did that all happen? Was he a prison warden running this website out of..what, his office in the prison? That he brought Elliott into? That seems bizarre. And did the whole storyline have any relevance to anything or was it just filler?
Try to find my mega-post earlier about how it was filler. It's filler, just filler, with little-to-no relevance to the A-Plot of this story. They spent 7 episodes with C-Plot filler for the main character. This is the trouble with turning a movie into a show.

timp posted:

Did we ever learn who was behind that? Was it really just a lone conspiracy theorist or was that a cover used by the Dark Army?
It was a lone conspiracy theorist, thus why he is in his own case file connected to Gideon but not on the board concerning the 5/9 hack. However, Shayla being Elliot's murdered neighbor somehow does constitute importance with 5/9? Ehhhh. Not to mention that every person Elliot interacted with while inside jail doesn't constitute importance? EEEHHHHHHHH. That board is too good on certain things and too bad on other things. Someone earlier mentioned that they didn't connect Ollie as Angela's boyfriend, yet Dom visited Angela and told her that Ollie already spilled the beans? How are they not connected on the board then?! Someone hosed up.

a dog from hell posted:

If he was going to kill them I think it would've happened on screen.

What I want to know is how Leon got out of prison after shanking six inmates. Prison is not very effective in this show.
You haven't watched enough TV shows that aren't exclusively about prison but have prisons in them. In the magical world of television you get away with anything you want in prison. Please take notice of Breaking Bad's amazing prison killing scene!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYcOl33-mI0
Nobody got in trouble for this. Darn prisons!

metztli posted:

... Dark Army didn't give E-Corp poo poo. CHINA gave E-Corp the loan, influenced to do so by their finance minister, who happens to run Dark Army. Dark Army is not China - my guess is that Dark Army doesn't give a drat about China losing 2 trillion and just did it to keep Price from figuring out that his ally is actually not his ally.
The Dark Army leader, White Rose, is not their finance minister. He is their cyber security minister (or whatever term they use, I'm not looking it up.) This is why he is the person the FBI contacts when trying to investigate what happened to the Chinese backup servers during the 5/9 hack. He simply has the power (via the very final scene of Season 1 where the mines in The Congo are mentioned) to get China to cough up 2 trillion as a guarantee that they get The Congo.

KoRMaK posted:

Whew, man... you're losing it worse than Elliot. As someone already mentioned, that scene before the Mr. Robot title is a flashback to a Season 1 scene. Once the title hits, we're in the present. This is how every pre-title sequence has been this entire season. With the exception of ALF episode which is sort of the pseudo-past but not really.

Other things I forgot to mention in my last mega-post.
The blue screen when Mr. Robot was flickering out of existence was really, really poorly done. The lighting was completely off.
Another mystery we still don't have an answer to: What was important about the parking lot attendant Joanna was paying off? We still have no clue.

Joanna's boyfriend is enough of a loser to have this poster on his wall pinned up with only 2 tacks so he can punch a proper hole in it. I can't even begin to explain how lame this guy is.
Lastly, let's face it, this is the best shot of the season.

Just bask in it. Enjoy the show, despite the fact it is no longer a perfect series the way Season 1 was.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 23, 2016

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Angela's complete heel turn is certainly bothersome, but now that I've had time to think about it, Tyrell's utterly different personality is the one thing that bugs me the most. Season one Tyrell was a spiteful, arrogant pyschopath who didn't give a gently caress about anything except for himself and his wife. He spent at most 24 hours with Elliot 5 months ago, and now he's this lacky who's in puppy love and groveling for Elliot's approval? What the poo poo? I could understand Mr Robot's charisma bringing Tyrell into the fold, but he'd still be his rear end in a top hat cynical self while working to bring down the world, not blubbering on the phone to a women he's never spoken to, crying about how much he loves this guy he hasn't seen in five months and barely spent any time with.

DaveKap posted:

It was a lone conspiracy theorist, thus why he is in his own case file connected to Gideon but not on the board concerning the 5/9 hack. However, Shayla being Elliot's murdered neighbor somehow does constitute importance with 5/9? Ehhhh. Not to mention that every person Elliot interacted with while inside jail doesn't constitute importance? EEEHHHHHHHH. That board is too good on certain things and too bad on other things. Someone earlier mentioned that they didn't connect Ollie as Angela's boyfriend, yet Dom visited Angela and told her that Ollie already spilled the beans? How are they not connected on the board then?! Someone hosed up.

Remember that a jail was hacked and so that every prisoner could escape, then a car was found parked right next to it with dead Shayla and, no doubt, DNA evidence linking it to Elliot, proving he was involved somehow in what would probably be the hack of the century if 5/9 didn't happen.

DaveKap posted:

Joanna's boyfriend is enough of a loser to have this poster on his wall pinned up with only 2 tacks so he can punch a proper hole in it. I can't even begin to explain how lame this guy is.

When I saw that poster, I briefly got my shows confused and thought this was Preacher, a show where Tom Cruise exploded in the first episode, sending the country into mourning.

counterfeitsaint fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Sep 23, 2016

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

It's frustrating that we still know nothing about the Washington Township project, aside from the fact that White Rose letting Angela in on it instantly turned her into a true believer.

Phase 2 (we really mean it this time) seems pretty boring compared to whatever the hell is going on there.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Phase Two is getting us to post about stupid time travel theories while the writers laugh at how dumb you all are.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Obviously it's a pilot program to genetically engineer a generation of superhacker Chinese sleeper agents, and E-Corp was ordered to kill the parents of prime candidates to awaken their abilities, like what happened with Batman.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

It's cold fusion

Gonna save the world from ecological collapse, prevent wars for fossil fuels and finally bring us flying cars.

Plot twist is that it requires an exotic rare earth that can only be found in the Congo. Whiterose will mine it all and hide it all away, only releasing it to the world under the condition that we stop making GBS threads where we eat and also that American Imperator Donald the Beautiful abdicates from his throne of skulls

I dare you to come up with a dumber theory, I double date you :colbert:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Watched the finale yesterday night, here is my 2 cents:

I really liked the episode. In fact, I think it was one of the best episodes in the entire series. Elliot in Mr Robot mode was perfect. Darlene vs Dom was as good as I was anticipating. We got some answers, we got some knew questions. The "double fight club" spin was incredible. It bothered me at the time that Tyrell didint do something smarter like hitting Elliot in the head with the butt of the gun and tying him or something. But watching the scene again, its obvious that Tyrell is terrified of Elliot. More precisely, of Mr Robot. Tyrell barely knows Elliot, when he looks at him, all he sees is Mr Robot, whom he loves and admires and fears like a god (which makes sense for his character, I think. Tyrell was always unstable and insecure, despite always trying to convey the opposite impression, which makes him a very good victim for a charismatic cult leader like Mr Robot, and by the end of S1 he is completely lost and desperate)

But I have to agree with the people saying that it just wanst a "finale". So the season feels.. unfinished. I get that the Washington Township plant and wtf happened to Angela are mysteries for season 3. Those things were introduced late in S2, I always knew they werent meant to be answered now. But there are a lot of things that belonged to S2 and were left in the middle, unfinished, unsolved. And while I loved Ray and that subplot and the whole prision thing, at the end it does feel like filler, for having no consequence on the big plot. And the Elliot & Mr Robot relation this season went this way, than that way, than right back to where it started

Phase 2 didint happened (I was pretty sure this season would end with phase 2 happening like season 1 ended with phase 1). We still dont know what happened that night on the arcade, something that the show as been teasing us with the entire season. Now we know that Tyrell wanst killed, but what happened after Elliot got the gun? What Mr Robot said to him to make him such a loyal follower? Who fired that bullet? I cant believe the season ended without answering those questions

Also, I find hard to accept that the FBI knew about Elliot this whole time. If they did, why not at least have a guy following him? They could have found Tyrell if they was. The DA knows everything everyone is doing and where, but the loving FBI with 6000 agents on the case is unable to follow one suspect they even know where he lives

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Sep 23, 2016

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Some of you guys are funny about needing a season finale to follow a certain formula. We got answers to like 50% of the major questions from this year. There is still a bunch of mystery surrounding White Rose, Washington Township, and a few other things.

That's fine. I wasn't expecting them to tie up all the loose ends. We're in the middle of a really long movie about a mentally unstable dude who suffers from extreme multiple personality disorder, hallucinations, etc. The storytelling and pacing should be unconventional.

Now if they string along certain plot points for five seasons and we all get :lost:'d in the end, then yeah, I'll be sad.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

What do you guys think sounds better, Mr Lost or Lost Robot? Losbot?

The show still manages to be incredibly tense, but ending a finale with more unanswered questions than it started with is a dick move. Both Angela and Tyrell have made complete heel turns due to some poo poo that happens just off screen and it's irritating as gently caress, and now we get to wait another year until we find out why. Tyrell especially. He went from selfish corporate rear end in a top hat willing to do anything to please his wife and gain power, to doe eyed idealist who not only is 100% on board for loving up the world and the megacorp that was supposed to give him power, but now he's in love with the guy who came up with the idea? Was there something particularly damning on that giant board that I missed? It seems like everything on there was stuff we already knew Dom was aware of, particularly that Tyrell was the main target. Why the hell would any of that convince Darlene to flip? Why did the dark army give 2 trillion dollars to E-Corp right before they were planning to blow them up.

Fake edit: What if both Angela and Tyrell have been replaced with robots/replicants? That would explain their weird behavior.

Bad Mr Robot

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

In what sense have Tyrell and Angela turned heel?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
People are saying a bunch of weird poo poo. Angela did not make a heel turn! She's finally working with Elliot. His two best friends just saved him from ruining his life's work because he has loving Alzheimer's.

Also everyone who spent the whole season giving a poo poo about whether Tyrell is alive finally got their answer.

I love that Phase 2 is a giant stuxnet style attack. I am a little confused why they are moving paper records to a telecom hub. I'm gonna assume they picked the building for its appearance. Like it makes sense that Ecorp would have such buildings, I just dont see why it would be suitable for housing an entire country's worth of paper records. It must be gutted and they are just using it for its climate control and ups systems.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Doctor Butts posted:

In what sense have Tyrell and Angela turned heel?

I dont agree that Tyrell changed at all, he is the same ambitious unstable amoral desperate fucker he was on S1, he just found a new god.

Angela is surely acting weird though, and completely changed her plans and even the way she talks and acts after whatever Whiterose showed her

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, she's in on the plan now. The idea that there are some sort of black and white good guys and bad guys here is nuts.

The idea that Tyrell was ever a good person is also laffo. He's a loving murderer. Not like he killed someone as part of some plan where they needed yo die or it was necessary or anything like that. He oldschool couldn't control his psychosexual violent impulses and killed a person. Is he a complicated person? Sure. Lost and confused? Sure. Is he a good person? Not in a million years.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
They showed that expanded scene from season 1 with Tyrell for a reason, and i think it helps make his character change work. He was already getting super psyched about the whole gently caress ecorp thing at the end of season 1, remember that scene where he went to the arcade and is way into it? It worked for me.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

"Excuse me, do you have the time?" Is the same line used by Jean Claude Van Damme when he first meets his wife at the mall in the 1994 movie Timecop. The plot which takes place chronologically immediately after the Washington township spill is covered up. At the end of the movie Timecop their son's name is Elliot and furthermore

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Snak posted:

People are saying a bunch of weird poo poo. Angela did not make a heel turn! She's finally working with Elliot. His two best friends just saved him from ruining his life's work because he has loving Alzheimer's.

Also everyone who spent the whole season giving a poo poo about whether Tyrell is alive finally got their answer.

I love that Phase 2 is a giant stuxnet style attack. I am a little confused why they are moving paper records to a telecom hub. I'm gonna assume they picked the building for its appearance. Like it makes sense that Ecorp would have such buildings, I just dont see why it would be suitable for housing an entire country's worth of paper records. It must be gutted and they are just using it for its climate control and ups systems.

It's designed to survive a nuclear blast, remaining operational for weeks afterwards. E-Corp would like a building like that for its incredible security and resiliency against outside threats.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
One thing I didn't understood: why was that Chinese guy in the building dressed in some kind of hazard suit?

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 23, 2016

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Accretionist posted:

It's designed to survive a nuclear blast, remaining operational for weeks afterwards. E-Corp would like a building like that for its incredible security and resiliency against outside threats.

Right but how many paper documents do you think they need to house? I already admitted that if they gutted the building it would probably work, it just seemed like a strange place to move what is going to be a huge amount of physical media.

edit: ^He's always dressed like that. I actually don't know if it's the same guy, but I assumed it was the same guy who was the data recovery place where Elliot first meets Whiterose in season 1. Edit: I looked it up. It is him. In s1e7, it's probably because he's working in a cleanroom. In this episode, it's either because he's been building sensitive hardware, or because he doesn't want to leave any DNA anywhere.

Snak fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 23, 2016

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

DaveKap posted:

Blaming bad writing for forcing you to construct elaborate poetry-activated sleeper agent theory is like blaming bad craftsmanship for forcing you to cover every crack in your house with tinfoil to stop the mind-control beams from getting in...

...IMHO

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Snak posted:

edit: ^He's always dressed like that. I actually don't know if it's the same guy, but I assumed it was the same guy who was the data recovery place where Elliot first meets Whiterose in season 1. Edit: I looked it up. It is him. In s1e7, it's probably because he's working in a cleanroom. In this episode, it's either because he's been building sensitive hardware, or because he doesn't want to leave any DNA anywhere.

Hmm thanks, I had completely forgot about that scene

I have to confess that when Elliot & Tyrell got into the building and I saw that guy, I though they were going into some kind of lab where something crazy and sci-fi would be finally revealed

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

counterfeitsaint posted:

Angela's complete heel turn is certainly bothersome, but now that I've had time to think about it, Tyrell's utterly different personality is the one thing that bugs me the most. Season one Tyrell was a spiteful, arrogant pyschopath who didn't give a gently caress about anything except for himself and his wife. He spent at most 24 hours with Elliot 5 months ago, and now he's this lacky who's in puppy love and groveling for Elliot's approval? What the poo poo?
It's sort of explained by Tyrell in the episode. He says that he believes in fate, that there is a reason why he and Elliot met and that they have some kind of connection. Even going back to season 1, you could see in their interactions that Tyrell was weirdly drawn to Elliot. It just occurred to me too that we don't know if this is really the first time Elliot has met Tyrell since the hack, and I'm guessing it probably isn't since it seems as if Mr Robot has been communicating with Tyrell without Elliot knowing. That communication in Tyrell's eyes is with Elliot, though.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Tyrrell needed a new purpose, after screwing up at E Corp.

And mr Robot needed a loyal henchmen with no moral restrictions and some tech skill to carry on his plans despite Elliot and the rest of fsociety

I think the point of that scene with the poetry is that in that moment Mr Robot realizes how desperate and crazy Tyrell is and thinks "hey I can use this guy"

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 23, 2016

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Elias_Maluco posted:

Tyrrell needed a new purpose, after screwing up at E Corp.

And mr Robot needed a loyal henchmen with no moral restrictions and some tech skill to carry on his plans despite Elliot and the rest of fsociety

I think the point of that scene with the poetry is that in that moment Mr Robot realizes how desperate and crazy Tyrell is and thinks "hey I can use this guy"

Tyrell at that moment is a man with nothing to lose, and the significance of the poem is that Tyrell and Elliot share, in their minds, fairly weak fathers, which is something that can be used to manipulate him. The Mr. Robot that occupies Elliot's mind is pretty much the complete opposite of how his father is depicted in flashbacks.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

crowoutofcontext posted:

Blaming bad writing for forcing you to construct elaborate poetry-activated sleeper agent theory is like blaming bad craftsmanship for forcing you to cover every crack in your house with tinfoil to stop the mind-control beams from getting in...

...IMHO
In a show that has:
A secondary main character be imaginary
Plot curtains so thick it prevented seeing a sibling relation
Completely covered up scene imagery for seven straight episodes
Portrayed powerful Illuminati-type parties where people discuss trading entire countries between each other
A man who wants to leave behind a legacy the standard of which was set by GOD himself when he created man in his own image,
A woman who wants desperately to be David Lynch eluding to a secretive power plant as a way to convince another person that she's loving Neo from The Matrix.

All the while leaving easter-egg-like hints and clues about parallel universes (berenstain) and time travel (musical cues, live coverage jumping backwards [c'mon though, folks, it's called a DVR and it does this poo poo all the time]) that causes various other discussion boards to believe we're about to witness a serious drama jump from the realm of reality so real it's been heralded as the only accurate portrayal of hacking on television, to a realm that belongs on the SyFy channel.

Yeah, making up a sleeper agent theory is retarded here. :rolleyes: Keep in mind I did add it's my lovely theory but it's more believable than most poo poo you're reading out there.

That said:

hope and vaseline posted:

Tyrell at that moment is a man with nothing to lose, and the significance of the poem is that Tyrell and Elliot share, in their minds, fairly weak fathers, which is something that can be used to manipulate him. The Mr. Robot that occupies Elliot's mind is pretty much the complete opposite of how his father is depicted in flashbacks.
Fantastic description of what's going on. Spot on.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is a good show. I hope psycholady and psychodude get together again next season. I want to see psycho couple back

• Locked thread