Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Kesper North posted:

Plus they're cheap and easy to maintain, plus they've been in the hands of corrupt officials since forever... "Whoops, another squadron of TIEs got 'lost' or 'stolen by pirates' or on one notable occasion 'lost in a swamp'..."

I always liked the line "a squadron of TIEs is a rounding error in the Imperial budget"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Heck, Rebels already showed us the Mining Guild using TIE fighters.

I like how they removed the front segment of the panels in an attempt to improve visibility (Good!) but this apparently made the fighter unstable and harder to fly (bad).

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Neat promo poster. Thrawn gets his own custom Star Destroyer/paint job too.

Although I'm still not a fan of the Irina Spalko design for Governor Pryce

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

drunkill posted:

Speak for yourself :wiggle:

i see Konstantine is still in it, so he hasn't been transferred, they just brought Thrawn in over his head

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

drunkill posted:

Are there any more pics of his custom star destroyer?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Glad "Generic Model for Imperial Officer" Man got to be part of the poster.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

He's got a great agent

Was kinda hoping Thrawn would be in something like a custom Victory, because the ISD is too cumbersome for quick responses to Rebel movements, but at least we got to see a model of a Venator on the display shelf behind Tarkin in his office.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 23, 2016

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

did they make sabine look more asiany this season?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Episode is up on WatchDisneyXD.

"Purpleguy! Mandogirl!" Oh Hondo :3:
Straight up darkside stuff from Ezra too

A good episode, looking forward to this season.
E:
MRW I hear Thrawn:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 24, 2016

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Huh, guess they're compromising between Season 1's "releasing the episodes an entire FLIPPIN week before air date" and Season 2's "are you guys insane, just put them up at air time" streaming strategies with some sort of Saturday-morning-web-cartoon strategy. Not that I'm complaining. :dance:

edit: And yeah, the episode was a good, solid start to things; I like how Thrawn's "This is not the Rebel fleet" with subsequent exposition from Hera is the show's finally saying that yeah, there's a bigger rebellion going on than our little band of idiots. Also, here's hoping that the Bendu makes a reappearance at a later date. :allears:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 24, 2016

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lovin' Sabine's new haircut and the slight change to Ezra's outfit, he looks a little less like he's wearing a onesie.

Oh god is that supposed to be Traya in the Holocron?! :stare:

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Ezra mind whammying the pilot into a murder suicide was pretty wizard.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
Ezra is about 10x more interesting as an anakin skywalker figure than anakin skywalker

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rip phantom

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Rebels Recon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtgm8dAq2bU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They just got it upgraded too.

Also good golly Ezra killed a number of dudes in that episode. Goodbye little space Alladin brat.

Also, I'm glad that Thrawn didn't ramble at all about art. He was pretty well done so far. In addition I thought the Bendu was pretty great, so far.

And I love Pryce's comment about how they struggle so much for so little. All that effort and all they got was five bloody Y-wings.

[edit] That preview... more redblades huh?

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 25, 2016

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Holy poo poo Hera, you have no bloody clue how to be a decent superior officer. There are effective ways to reprimand junior officer for loving up and ways not to. Utterly chewing out someone for what was technically a success, if an extremely messy one, without a single suggestion on how to do better or compliment on something during the mission that they did well is absolutely terrible leadership - that only breeds resentment. Admittedly we didn't see the planning stage of the prison raid, but it was clearly approved by the higher ups even given apparently sketchy information, and when has a mission in this show ever gone completely according to plan? And yes, it is likely part of the issue is her protectiveness of one of her "kids" coming into play, but that was like tossing gasoline on a fire.

Like, Ezra is clearly bringing his own pile of issues to the table - he's getting way too trigger happy and prone to going off half-cocked for one, he's having issues accepting blame for those fuckups he is making, and dancing on the edge of the dark side is surely doing his self control no favors, but leadership like that certainly isn't helping. The combination of his age, current responsibility being given to him, and personal issues are an extremely ugly mix, but it was really not being helped by Hera.

On other matters, just how low-key they kept Thrawn this episode was pretty cool. He barely appeared, and didn't particularly have any fanfare even during his appearance, but at the same time his presence was definitely felt. The mention of the Y-WIngs going to Dodonna's cell was a really neat reference too, especially as we're actually fast approaching the first movie (We're, what, about a year and a half away from the Battle of Yavin timewise at this point?).

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Hera also regularly gets all her A-wing pilots killed.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The episode guides won't be published until Monday this season it seems. So we have a bit more of a wait. At least the Recon episode went up right after.
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/779859786200338432

Galaga Galaxian posted:

[edit] That preview... more redblades huh?

I reckon it is Maul. Because to anyone else they'll think inquisitor, not knowing the difference.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

drunkill posted:

I reckon it is Maul. Because to anyone else they'll think inquisitor, not knowing the difference.

Also the episode title and some of the footage from the season previews would line up pretty well with this.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Also the episode title and some of the footage from the season previews would line up pretty well with this.
Not to mention that the red blade specifically searched for Ezra.

X_Toad fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 25, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I think the more fun question is, if well over half of Phoenix Fleet, ie everything bar the hamerheads and maybe a CR-90, is too small fry because Thrawn wants the whole rebel fleet, what the hell is waiting out there for Thrawn to hunt, and Phoenix to lead him to this season?

Good to see the return of the mining guild, with their TIEs and a new larger ship, which is pleasing news for FFG and Star Wars: X-Wing

Also The Bendu has an epic voice

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'm mildly disappointed that they weren't willing to take a risk in showing that sometimes rash actions are the best course of action, by having that transport the rest of the crew wouldn't fire on be instrumental in the plot going south, allowing Ezra to reinforce his dark side feelings a bit more rationally.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

NTRabbit posted:

Good to see[...] a new larger ship, which is pleasing news for FFG and Star Wars: X-Wing[/spoiler]

Also The Bendu has an epic voice

Thats not a new ship actually, its an Aurore Class freighter, it showed up once in a while during The Clone Wars series.

And yes, Bendu is Tom Baker, so that is a given.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I just watched the trailer again. If you look at the scene with the green force fart ghost in the holocron, I think there's basically no doubt it's Kreia. There's also the thing with the eyes.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Ah sweet the Season 3 opener was added to the Season 2 pass I had bought.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

tin can made man posted:

Ezra is about 10x more interesting as an anakin skywalker figure than anakin skywalker

Superior writing and a less punchable face.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just watched the Season 3 premiere. :drat: that was a real solid opener. Ezra is a badass, Blind Jedi Kanan is a badass, Sabine's new hair color is badass, haha. I managed to get goosebumps a couple times: happened during the Bendu reveal/subsequent expansion of Kanan's knowledge hope we see more of the gentle giant force-tauren and his teachings. And also from the imagery when Kanan is reaching out to Ezra from inside the Ghost; the white light blasting out from behind him was dope.

[edit] Oh yeah, Thrawn was dope too.

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Sep 26, 2016

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is this the last season or are they doing more?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

zVxTeflon posted:

Is this the last season or are they doing more?

Freddie Prinz Jr has said they are already recording for Season 4

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The way they handled Thrawn's rank seemed like a good compromise between making the story of now good, and keeping fans of the EU story semi-happy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

teagone posted:

. And also from the imagery when Kanan is reaching out to Ezra from inside the Ghost; the white light blasting out from behind him was dope.

He is quite literally pulling Ezra back towards the light. :v:

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Galaga Galaxian posted:

He is quite literally pulling Ezra back towards the light. :v:
And away from plummeting to his death as the result of his rash, destructive actions. A shame if the other Imperial forced-laborers on the base couldn't get out, though. I doubt that only a couple of Ugnaught were managing the entirety of the operations of a base that size...

EDIT: Spoilers, just in case.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

It drives me crazy that in Disney XD's massive list of cable providers you can sign in with to watch their shows online, mine, Bright House, still isn't an option.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Lorak posted:

And away from plummeting to his death as the result of his rash, destructive actions. A shame if the other Imperial forced-laborers on the base couldn't get out, though. I doubt that only a couple of Ugnaught were managing the entirety of the operations of a base that size...

EDIT: Spoilers, just in case.

This was great imagery and I hope they continue to reinforce it all season.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Good premiere, I like how they're using Thrawn sparingly. I like the newish uniforms, it's nice to not be bombarded by the green/bright orange color scheme from the last two seasons.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm not quite a fan of thrawn's explanation for his promotion to grand admiral. Massacring civilians to capture a rebel cell doesn't seem like his style.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'm just surprised that the Empire counts civilian casualties separately to rebels.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

It drives me crazy that in Disney XD's massive list of cable providers you can sign in with to watch their shows online, mine, Bright House, still isn't an option.

Neither is directTv last time i checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm not quite a fan of thrawn's explanation for his promotion to grand admiral. Massacring civilians to capture a rebel cell doesn't seem like his style.

I'm guessing it was one of those things where Vice Admiral Thrawn figured out where the rebel cell was, proposed a slick plan with a low projected casualty count, got overruled by the local Moff, and then shrugged and arranged for said Moff to take the blame for the damage inflicted while being able to show his plan could have done it better and thus used the situation to bootstrap himself up to Grand Admiral. Or something like that.

• Locked thread