Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

tsob posted:

I think the best thing is how care free she is afterward, like it was a no effort thing to do. That, or that a dress that skimpy didn't end up revealing more on either the high kick or standing back hand spring. That's impressively cut.

Yeah, the designer is also pretty impressive. "Make an evening gown that looks good standing, looks good doing a high kick, won't be completely embarrassing if I do a flip or two, and won't restrict me from doing any of that" is a tall loving order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Test Pattern posted:

Yeah, the designer is also pretty impressive. "Make an evening gown that looks good standing, looks good doing a high kick, won't be completely embarrassing if I do a flip or two, and won't restrict me from doing any of that" is a tall loving order.

Yeah the fact that the dress is cut down to her navel but there wasn't the slightest embarrassing slippage or billowing even though she's flipping out like ninja all over the red carpet is one hell of an architectural feature.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
I won't deny that she's cool as all heck, but do we even know that she wants to or can act. Like I know y'all wanted Terry Crews to be Luke Cage, but I'm going to say that I'm happy that didn't happen right now.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Switched her major from aerospace engineering to theatre. Pretty sure she could at the very least be non-terrible at acting, she's had training. And clearly, this girl takes training seriously.

Anyway, it's all just fun speculation, let's just enjoy this beautiful and amazing woman who could beat the living poo poo out of us without breaking a sweat.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah the fact that the dress is cut down to her navel but there wasn't the slightest embarrassing slippage or billowing even though she's flipping out like ninja all over the red carpet is one hell of an architectural feature.

Not to take anything away from the dress, but that's mostly the double sided tape gluing it to her body.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Not to take anything away from the dress, but that's mostly the double sided tape gluing it to her body.

She trusts that tape more than most, I think.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Parkingtigers posted:

Please cast this stunt woman as Red She-Hulk.

:getin:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

My first thought was that she'd make a good Captain Marvel. But that ship has already sailed, so...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zythrst posted:

I won't deny that she's cool as all heck, but do we even know that she wants to or can act. Like I know y'all wanted Terry Crews to be Luke Cage, but I'm going to say that I'm happy that didn't happen right now.

You're getting dangerously close to talking poo poo about Terry Crews here.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Gyges posted:

You're getting dangerously close to talking poo poo about Terry Crews here.

Does Luke Cage like his pickles?

Because Tiny Terry loves his pickles!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Not to mention that dresses like that generally will have a pair of bloomers that the billowing skirt part attaches to.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
This thread starting to sound angry that this woman's fanny didn't get uncovered while doing literally the only worthwhile thing anyone has ever done on a loving red carpet, ever.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
You have a weird definition of angry if you think people being impressed means they're angry.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

tsob posted:

You have a weird definition of angry if you think people being impressed means they're angry.

It's possible to both impressed by a woman and upset that you didn't get to see her rear end

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's possible to both impressed by a woman and upset that you didn't get to see her rear end

Nice username/post combo.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'll bet the Germans have some long rear end word for this feeling too

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've read over the page again and I'm still not seeing anything from anyone that sounds even remotely like anger over not seeing some booty or whatever. So I'm curious what you think indicated frustration or upset over it?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

WarLocke posted:

Does Luke Cage like his pickles?

Because Tiny Terry loves his pickles!

Cheeseburger Luke got fries that cross your eyes and a tickle for your pickle

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Short little "who is Luke Cage?" vid with some new clips.

https://youtu.be/UpYOBK_wem8

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

God I'm so loving pumped for Luke Cage.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Toxxupation posted:

Five more days!!!!!

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
Is it gonna be released at 12am pacific time?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Here's hoping. I'm rooting for it.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Toxxupation posted:

I hope he says "you let me inside you" again!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What if it's bad :ohdear:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

What if it's bad :ohdear:

It won't be, Marvel haven't done anything bad. They're not going to start now!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

BSam posted:

I've been pretty lukewarm on the Netflix series to be honest. They're not outright bad and they do some things really really well, but as a whole I haven't been satisfied yet. I'm not sure why either.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Are you saying you didn't let them be inside you?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BSam posted:

Ninjas on TV aside.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

computer parts posted:

Ninjas on TV aside.

If anything, there should be more ninjas on tv

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BSam posted:

If anything, there should be more ninjas on tv

There would be if they hadn't killed off Multiple Redhead Ninja :catstare:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

computer parts posted:

Ninjas on TV aside.

And I still have the 'wrong opinion' here. I loved the Electra and Hand stuff and hated the Punisher, but then I've always disliked the Punisher since he first appeared in the comics.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And I still have the 'wrong opinion' here. I loved the Electra and Hand stuff and hated the Punisher, but then I've always disliked the Punisher since he first appeared in the comics.

Only bad thing about Punisher was that he didn't use that sweet minigun to mow down ninjas at the end.

Luke Cage Every show should have ninjas!

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

adhuin posted:

Only bad thing about Punisher was that he didn't use that sweet minigun to mow down ninjas at the end.

Luke Cage Every show should have ninjas!

I'm pretty sure that final fight that is what was supposed to happen, but they cut it for some reason.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
probably because daredevil would have thrown him a thumbs up for murdering like a million people

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

She-Thor

Anyone doubting her coolness, behold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06KkVJVY0Q

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 26, 2016

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I went into the season prepared to hate everything about the Punisher and came away really impressed. I was so afraid he would swallow the show and make ugly vigilantism seem cool but instead they went out of their way to keep him from being cool. That was refreshing and made all his stuff much more bearable.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Final Luke Cage trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJ-nRgx8o0

Synopsis: :drat: times a million.

And bonus Method Man cameo at the end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Abner Assington posted:

Final Luke Cage trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snJ-nRgx8o0

Synopsis: :drat: times a million.

And bonus Method Man cameo at the end!

Yeah, okay, I'm officially hyped for this.