Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I want a RE3 remake to be near open world; at least open enough for Nemesis to constantly stalk you. Kinda like Shadow of Mordor except you play as the Orc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mogomra posted:

Is this some sort of sick joke?

Enough Nemesis to ensure ain't nobody going back home to Delucia

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

MinibarMatchman posted:

somehow replace Mr. X encounters for Scenario B with Nemesis.
Are you ill or something? This sort of thinking is reason enough to be sectioned.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Are you ill or something? This sort of thinking is reason enough to be sectioned.

Alright, Chickenheart

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

No, not like that! Besides, I can't pilot helicopters. But why would you (or anyone) want to replace Mr. X though?! What insanity comes next? Remove Jill's hat?

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

No, not like that! Besides, I can't pilot helicopters. But why would you (or anyone) want to replace Mr. X though?! What insanity comes next? Remove Jill's hat?
Her hat??? Her RE1 shoulderpads are the real core of her character design I'll have you know.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

smuh posted:

How on earth is there still no info on the RE2 Remake, like why is there more on some other game they're making instead of the one everyone's been hyped for since its announcement. I got a bad feeling about this fellas.

Supposedly they're going to reveal it at the same time they present info on RE7, so you can play RE2 again while you wait for RE7 to ship

I really like the PS4 ports of 4, 5 & 6 so I want to get my hands on RE2 asap

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

Supposedly they're going to reveal it at the same time they present info on RE7, so you can play RE2 again while you wait for RE7 to ship

I really like the PS4 ports of 4, 5 & 6 so I want to get my hands on RE2 asap
I'm specifically avoiding RE2 right now so I'll forget enough about it to make the remake even better! But maybe I'll get the platinum trophy for RE4 in the meantime, already did it for 5 and 6 again and I am hungering for more Resident Evil. I love this dumb stupid series guys

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I wouldn't worry about that, I played the ever-loving gently caress out of the original prior to REmake's release and if anything I think it made me appreciate all the subtle differences and bigger changes to the game constantly throwing me for a loop even more. I can only expect the same level of care & attention and whatnot to be applied to RE2 Remake, so naturally I'm just playing RE2 whenever the hell I feel like it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
is the monster boss from jakes campaign in re6, steve from cv?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, ustanak spent the whole game chasing jake, not feebly whining in a foetal position. i can see how you can get confused, though.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

I wouldn't worry about that, I played the ever-loving gently caress out of the original prior to REmake's release and if anything I think it made me appreciate all the subtle differences and bigger changes to the game constantly throwing me for a loop even more. I can only expect the same level of care & attention and whatnot to be applied to RE2 Remake, so naturally I'm just playing RE2 whenever the hell I feel like it.

I do wonder what they'll do to spice up the game because RE2 is actually very linear, especially once you finish with RPD. You don't even go back to the RPD like you do the mansion.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I only just realized after 11 years and god knows how many playthroughs that in RE4, in the lava room, you can shoot the clasps on top of the flamethrowers to drop them into the lava rather than having to shoot the operators. Man, that makes that area so much less of a pain in the rear end...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can? I thought I tried that and nothing happened....

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sakurazuka posted:

You can? I thought I tried that and nothing happened....

It works, but usually takes more than one bullet from a bolt-action rifle unless it's fully upgraded, like those reinforced locks that take multiple shotgun blasts to obliterate

Also you have to shoot the clasp at the bottom of the chain, not just anywhere on the chain

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I would be ok with both Mr. X and Nemesis being in the same game as long as there is a hidden cutscene where the two of them bump into each other on the streets.

I imagine it would play out something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Hv4GvvHkQ&t=41s

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How is the PC port of Resident Evil 4 these days? The HD Ultimate Super Ultra Ex Special Collector's Edition or whatever the heck it's called. Especially compared to the PS4 re-re-re-re-re-release.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Jimbot posted:

How is the PC port of Resident Evil 4 these days? The HD Ultimate Super Ultra Ex Special Collector's Edition or whatever the heck it's called. Especially compared to the PS4 re-re-re-re-re-release.

it plays extremely well and is my favorite version of it so far

however, the dlc (seperate ways?) has really, really lovely cutscenes that were not HD'd for the re-release, i think they're ps2/gamecube graphics. actual gameplay segments look nice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The cutscenes in Separate Ways are FMV rather than in-engine like the main game because the PS2 couldn't handle it, so they're lovely compressed DVD movie files blown up to HD with nothing else done to them.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Vakal posted:

I would be ok with both Mr. X and Nemesis being in the same game as long as there is a hidden cutscene where the two of them bump into each other on the streets.

I imagine it would play out something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Hv4GvvHkQ&t=41s

This but with Chris instead of Mr. X.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Sakurazuka posted:

The cutscenes in Separate Ways are FMV rather than in-engine like the main game because the PS2 couldn't handle it, so they're lovely compressed DVD movie files blown up to HD with nothing else done to them.

ah makes sense, thanks

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Hey, cool trick RE1, it's not like I wanted to save or restock after that boss fight anyway. Should've obviously known not to inspect the hole what appeared!

Well, I can't actually get too mad because I'm on emulator and have savestates, but wow if that isn't a spectacularly mean design choice.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Amppelix posted:

Hey, cool trick RE1, it's not like I wanted to save or restock after that boss fight anyway. Should've obviously known not to inspect the hole what appeared!
Assuming you're playing as Jill, if you just wait around for a few minutes, Barry will come back with a rope and you can climb out. After all, that's what he said he was going to do...don't you trust him?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Assuming you're playing as Jill, if you just wait around for a few minutes, Barry will come back with a rope and you can climb out. After all, that's what he said he was going to do...don't you trust him?

That's cool! I like that I got punished for my video gamey assumption of "Of course nothing will happen unless I do something" (note: not sarcasm, I actually think it's a nice touch.)

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's actually a far more important moment than you may think!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In some ways I think what you're referring to is better than how REmake changed it.

Raxivace posted:

Haha I've done that once or twice myself.

Is it actually possible to take both of them out in the lava at once?
I dunno if anyone cares, but I remember what I was confusing the two El Gigantes in RE4 with- the RE5 "Lost in Nightmares" DLC, where it absolutely is possible to kill two of the big dudes right before the Wesker fight with a single crank trap. I only managed it once but felt pretty good about myself when it happened.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Am I crazy or did the NGC version of remake have a grenadier zombie that insta killed you if you shot it?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

frank.club posted:

Am I crazy or did the NGC version of remake have a grenadier zombie that insta killed you if you shot it?

All versions do, you need to complete the game twice with the same save file to unlock it. Sadly it then stops you playing the game without the exploding zombie on that save file ever again.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Yep, ODZ screwing up the save like that is one of the few things REmake actually got wrong with the extra content.

And playing 'Real Survival' mode makes me appreciate magic interlinked item boxes all the more. Holy poo poo I've never had to plan so much and still run around in so many circles for so few items, and I still end up forgetting something somewhere along the line. FFFFFUUUUUUUUCK.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Odz would be bad if he didn't appear only in like 5 placed total, most where he can be avoided easily. But gently caress you Forrest for hiding behind the cupboard in that small rear end room.

I like how they didn't change the flamethrower at all to not be a piece of poo poo.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Convex posted:

Sadly it then stops you playing the game without the exploding zombie on that save file ever again.

It is annoying at first, but really once you get used to him and were he'll be, it's not that big a deal. He's gone by the time you leave the mansion isn't he?

I only blew myself up a couple times :downsgun:

I never bothered with invisible enemies though...

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

blackguy32 posted:

But gently caress you Forrest for hiding behind the cupboard in that small rear end room.
Oh, memories... :allears: Shoved the cabinet aside expecting that fat zombie to come stumbling out after me so without checking first I raised my Grenade Launcher and BOOM! Back to the main menu!

blackguy32 posted:

I like how they didn't change the flamethrower at all to not be a piece of poo poo.
I hate how near-pointless this thing is outside of wasting Chris' time with multiple (needlessly) locked doors. Sure it's a 'free' weapon to use on Black Tiger in the middle of all that poo poo but I'd really liked to have kept it for the rest of the game too to roast those Chimera bastards with.

Mogomra posted:

I never bothered with invisible enemies though...
Did it once on GCN (it took all night and two of us to actually power through the loving mess), not even going to bother with it on PC. Far more work than fun.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 23, 2016

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Panzeh posted:

I do wonder what they'll do to spice up the game because RE2 is actually very linear, especially once you finish with RPD. You don't even go back to the RPD like you do the mansion.
If you wanted to have a similar dynamic to RE1, you could have the player pursue Irons into some other area, and then eventually having them get their hands on a key which unlocks a bunch of areas in the police station. I'm thinking some secret underground Umbrella transit area where Irons had his own personal rooms for meetings with Umbrella personnel, which Irons has by then turned completely into his own little amusement park, featuring his favorite pieces of art and a makeshift dungeon for people who he didn't just kill outright while doing his thing in the RPD. Hell, if they wanted to spice things up, some of those people could still be in the RPD when Leon and Claire first show up, with some seemingly disappearing over the course of the game until you find them locked up/dead.

That said, you could probably change the format up even more, if you still have the A/B scenarios. As in, the RPD is the center of your exploration until you get into the Umbrella labs, but the A/B scenarios might change up the progression of areas you go through far more, with multiple side areas.

Raxivace posted:

In some ways I think what you're referring to is better than how REmake changed it.
Yeah, I definitely prefer how not-gamey the original version is. It's a much better way to tell if the player trusts Barry or not than a blatant "Do you trust Barry? Yes/no", though admittedly it is a pretty old-school kinda deal, having something that doesn't seem like a decision affect the outcome much later in the game.

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 23, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is after the village chief.

Castle should be fun. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least you get to buy an actually decent shotgun and rifle at the start of the castle.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

At least you get to buy an actually decent shotgun and rifle at the start of the castle.

Bolt action is best rifle. :colbert:

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I think re4 just likes to gently caress with me. I think it's now set up to give you ammo that you don't use often. Hence me being loving bare on handgun ammo but having poo poo loads of rifle drops.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Alteisen posted:

Bolt action is best rifle. :colbert:
This post endorsed whole-heartedly by the lategame. 9/10 Regenerator-class monsters agree!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What does the the bolt action have over the semi-auto? I just toss it as soon as.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Well, I just beat RE1 DC with Jill/Bad End. I'm definitely going to play Chris, but I've got some questions. I'm debating on if I should play Jill again afterwards to get the good end with her, or if I should go for it with Chris, or both. Is there much difference in the stories? Or in other words, if I did the good end with Chris would it be just the same thing again when I do it with Jill? I like the game a lot but I don't want to replay it that many times, at least not yet.

Is the save I got after beating the game any different from just starting a new game? It doesn't seem to be.

Also just, what a cool game. I played on the arranged mode and it didn't seem too tough at all, although my savestating might have muddled the difficulty a bit. I didn't "cheat" too much with them, generally only using them when I'd just saved anyway, but it does give the game a whole different feel when you can insta-restart. Speaking of, I'm really glad I didn't play it on console, because that time from death to load, ughhh. And the save points are always invariably forever away from what you were just doing. If I'd had to actually go to the title, and load the game, and walk all the way back, when losing to that snake boss over and over I really don't think I'd have had the patience to continue. I even managed to actually run out of ink ribbons in the stretch between the basement and the lab!