Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Are you Jake the Snake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Wonder why they stopped sticking in little clips of music and bits of the movie they're referencing? I guess once they got too big there's the risk of getting an ep taken down for that? Or am I totally wrong
I like their impressions but I enjoyed actually hearing the crazy poo poo they're referencing from time to time

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Wonder why they stopped sticking in little clips of music and bits of the movie they're referencing? I guess once they got too big there's the risk of getting an ep taken down for that? Or am I totally wrong
I like their impressions but I enjoyed actually hearing the crazy poo poo they're referencing from time to time

It's probably an assload of effort to do that for a weekly show. I think Jupin said it was him that did the editing etc, so maybe he just didn't have the time?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's startling how different Steve sounds on the phone/phone recordings.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

It's startling how different Steve sounds on the phone/phone recordings.

he had a gun to his head from Jason Statham having got into his car and demand he cut a promo

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I think it's a cross between effort, as someone else posited, and the risk of copyright protection snafus.

Maybe them no longer doing it coincides with the time when YouTube/etc started going "hey internet critics, stop using our poo poo for your own poo poo"?

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Traffic probably won't be terrible but pay for valet parking. It's not that much, and it'll make life so much easier. If you're not coming from far away I'd seriously suggest taking a cab. They also might not let you into the first show if you're late, so be prepared for that.

Thanks for the tip on the valet; I went and took out some cash during my lunch break after I read this. Coming straight from work or I'd totally cab. Fingers crossed! If all things go as planned I'll be staring at their four fat New York faces for like 3+ hours straight tonight.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Crocobile posted:

Who's going to the show tonight? I bought tickets for both shows though I might miss part of the 8pm one. :/ Ive never been to the Hollywood Improv so who knows what kinda parking/traffic hell I've gotten myself into.

If one of you sees a white girl with glasses, white shoes and dark hair tied up in a mint green scrunchie say "hi I'm from the Internet" and I'll resist the urge to throw sand in your eyes and run away.

Me and my friend will be there. I'll be the guy wearing the "Nuke the Whales" t-shirt. Definitely excited to hear about both Mr Freeze and "ANTIFREEZE!"

I wonder if they'll enforce the 2 drink minimum for the second show, considering I already bought them for the first...

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
Maybe it's the booze, but holy poo poo the Suburban Commando show was hilarious. If you've ever wondered about Hulk Hogan's alien genitalia...

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

The second show was fantastic. Eric's ISIS joke was killer in the first 10 minutes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I listened to the Freejack episode the other day and everybody running the "Oh poo poo! _______ got BONEJACKED!" joke into the ground was absolutely wonderful.

"Yeah dude, JFK definitely got bonejacked in Dallas that day."

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Not sure how I feel about Steve's new "spit on the audience" gag. Prop comedy's a weird turn for a podcast to take.

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Me and my friend will be there. I'll be the guy wearing the "Nuke the Whales" t-shirt. Definitely excited to hear about both Mr Freeze and "ANTIFREEZE!"

Hey I walked right by you after the Batman and Robin show and laughed to myself at the shirt. I was wearing a Thrillho shirt, but also had a hoodie on.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

AlliedBiscuit posted:

I didn't see anyone but lol yeah, we definitely got a great "ANTIFREEZE" moment. I hope the people in the front row got their complimentary trash bag to burn their clothes in.

The Suburban Commando episode was REALLY good (and had a lot of call backs to previous bits) but I was almost crying at how funny Batman and Robin was. Poor creepy Alfred.

If I were braver I would have tried to say hi or thank Eric for the community service that is BioOS; there is an embarrassing number of conversations with coworkers/peers that I was only able to navigate because I'd listened to a BioOS episode on it. Still need an episode on "remote viewing" though; nothing quite like a coworker going from "sexism is over" to "the government has recorded secret footage of the JFK assassination by using remote viewing to travel back in time" in the span of 30 minutes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Not sure how I feel about Steve's new "spit on the audience" gag. Prop comedy's a weird turn for a podcast to take.

Wait, what happened?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Evil Mastermind posted:

Wait, what happened?

Haha Steve, apparently for the second time that night, completely forgot how to drink water mid-swig and choked on it before spitting it on the front two rows.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh man I cannot wait to see the recording. :allears:

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Yeah, the first time he was doing an impression of Hulk Hogan drinking ANTIFREEZE and it got a bit messy. The second time was an honest to god spit take that went pretty far into the audience. I think paying to watch the recording is worth it, I loved seeing their faces during their bits. Andrew gets pretty intense doing his Lloyd impression.

I wasn't going to buy a poster until Eric's wife told me he'd sign it right on his characters codpiece, so I had to ask that point. The guys were really nice and I chatted with each one of them for a bit. Both shows were hilarious. It was a great night all around.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah the wives were hawking posters, which was pretty adorable.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
What's the website to use to download the live show? I just know the promo code is Movies but that isn't much help.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

What's the website to use to download the live show? I just know the promo code is Movies but that isn't much help.

http://www.lapodfest.com

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
OK I have to admit after my adamant posts about the guys sounding different. I've been listening to some of the back catalog and the rotating third men like Sean, Chris and Justin all sound the same. They really do.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Oh I've missed Martin Cinemax III :allears:

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

Oh I've missed Martin Cinemax III :allears:

Yes! I'm also excited to see what Martin Cinemax IV does to earn the keys to the kingdom.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Clockwork posted:

OK I have to admit after my adamant posts about the guys sounding different. I've been listening to some of the back catalog and the rotating third men like Sean, Chris and Justin all sound the same. They really do.

Chris has been demoted to +1? ohhh

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Corek posted:

Chris has been demoted to +1? ohhh

I don't recall any episodes that featured a different lineup than Andrew, Steve and another person. Chris was there for most of the early run, now it's Eric. Then some fill-in guys here and there.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
From the beginning it was Andrew plus a pretty steady rotation of 2 out of the three of Chris, Eric and Steve with occasional episodes with all four of them or a special guest as the fourth person. It's only when Chris turned into a ghost (RIPD) that the lineup was all Andrew, Steve and Eric. Now that Chris has been dragon balled back to life I imagine it will either go back to the old rotation or just permanently be all four.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I always assumed the Hollow Man killed the next door neighbor afterwards. Weird how there's no callback to that at all.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

JT Smiley posted:

I always assumed the Hollow Man killed the next door neighbor afterwards. Weird how there's no callback to that at all.

It's almost like it didn't need to be in the movie

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
It's been forever since I've seen it, but I recall this moment where Invisible Kevin Bacon splashes water on his face, and for a second he can see his face and I think he briefly has a "oh poo poo what have I done" look, counterpointing his earlier "When you can't look at your face, you start to not give a poo poo a bit what you do" line.

Two unrelated experiences from listening to random old episodes:

- It might be because I didn't much care for any of the other ones, but I really liked New Nightmare (watched it last night) and I don't think the hosts got some or it. They act like Robert Englund leaves the picture randomly, but it's clear he's getting plagued to a degree by Not Freddy like Heather is, and he's just getting out while the getting is good.

- I learned what triggering is when Eric described Diablo as a game of dudes trying to collect and shove a Demon Crystal in their foreheads.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So how much do we have to pledge on the Patreon to get an episode of Man Cave?

MEMEWATCH *click*

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

So how much do we have to pledge on the Patreon to get an episode of Man Cave?

MEMEWATCH *click*

PROMO CODE: BEERGUZZLE

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
They're the ones who did the bit about a bunch of guys in a bar getting together to rank actresses, right? And the club leader kept getting mad that everybody was listing weird retro choices? I want a special patreon episode of those guys' podcast.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Pictured: The roof of the Justice League's headquarters.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Guy Mann posted:

Pictured: The roof of the Justice League's headquarters.

Read a loving comic book! :argh::argh::argh:

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

MEMEWATCH *click*

Obama is Hitler.

Next meme.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

They are on a hot streak, Hollow Man was another excellent episode. My favorite part was discussion of abandoning Greg Grunberg to his death.

(After Sajdak has let Greg bleed out) Another victim of the Hollow Man. drat you Hollow Man! :argh:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mojo Threepwood posted:

(After Sajdak has let Greg bleed out) Another victim of the Hollow Man. drat you Hollow Man! :argh:

I love that both Andrew and Steve were both going "oh I'd totally leave you behind."

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Evil Mastermind posted:

I love that both Andrew and Steve were both going "oh I'd totally leave you behind."

Steve has his exits planned. I would enjoy like a weird supercut of a bunch of horror movies where it would pause, caption "Steve would kill himself here" and then cut to next movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Shirec posted:

Steve has his exits planned. I would enjoy like a weird supercut of a bunch of horror movies where it would pause, caption "Steve would kill himself here" and then cut to next movie.

Or when they would go on a kill spree of invisible children