Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does Tri-Force Heroes have a singleplayer mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Does Tri-Force Heroes have a singleplayer mode?

Yes but don't loving bother.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ImpAtom posted:

Yes but don't loving bother.

Also don't bother playing with randoms online at this point. It's hard to find groups for the early game and if you do, there's a good chance they'll be dumb.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That sucks. Do any of the other 3DS Zeldas have dress up options?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Suspicious Dish posted:

The quality of Twilight Princess's dungeons are on par with OoT / MM.

I wouldn't say that, I can't even remember any outside of the Yeti mansion and bits and pieces of the others, I remember the overall themes but they're pretty weak.

Guy Goodbody posted:

TP has different designs for the different tunics, but other than tunic colors in the Zelda titles (rings and poo poo too) I don't recall any having much dress up. There's the starter gear (TP) and pjs (WW) though but they get replaced.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Majora's Mask is all about dressing up :v:.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's not horrible single player but not as great as multiplayer either. It's kind of interesting to figure out how to get through some of the levels alone at least. But if you aren't going to play online at all I wouldn't buy it.

I played through the whole thing with friends and did a few maps with randoms too. They can be dumb but it is fun to communicate with them using the 8 chat buttons that you get.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
The cheerleader emote is interchangeably encouragement and "holy gently caress, we didn't wipe."

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
TP's Yeti mansion and Arbiter's grounds are a couple of my favorite dungeons in any LoZ game.

Lakebed temple has incredible atmosphere IMO but isn't very interesting to play. City in the Sky sucks. The rest are fine.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

greatn posted:

I loved spirit tracks and really enjoyed the train and had no problem with the flow, but I will admit so many people had problems with that it would be better if they went with their original concept of laying down your own tracks and did something completely different with the flute.

I've just finished playing through Spirit Tracks, and though I enjoyed it I thought that the developers needed a little longer to work on the implementation of rail travel. It just takes way too long to travel between points, and the world feels smaller for not being fully explorable. I would have been happier even with a style of overworld travel that was like the boat in Phantom Hourglass / Wind Waker - the tracks could have magically just appeared under the train wherever it went. Aside from that, I did enjoy it though - especially the central role of Zelda, and the fact that she had a different personality than usual.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

IronicDongz posted:

TP's Yeti mansion and Arbiter's grounds are a couple of my favorite dungeons in any LoZ game.

Which one was Arbiter's Grounds? I don't recall that at all.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Desert. With the spinner and badass skeletal boss.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Oh, I only remember the boss and nothing about the dungeon.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
time to surf on the spinner

YEAAAAH oh it stopped. well, drat.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

It took me like a half hour to figure out how to damage the Skeleton boss's first form and I don't know why. I was just spinning around and around and around... Then I got to the cool part but it was over too soon and I had a wicked headache. Also I stopped playing for like a month because City in the Sky was such a frustrating dungeon. Pretty, but frustrating.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

s.i.r.e. posted:

The one where Wolf Link is actually implemented

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
If there's one thing I miss in Skyward Sword, it is the quick travel options from Twilight Princess or ALBW. Where in SS you have to get to the drat statue, fly that bird and then jump to one spot, in TP you only had to call Midna to warp your androgynous hind to your destination.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

ozza posted:

I've just finished playing through Spirit Tracks, and though I enjoyed it I thought that the developers needed a little longer to work on the implementation of rail travel. It just takes way too long to travel between points, and the world feels smaller for not being fully explorable. I would have been happier even with a style of overworld travel that was like the boat in Phantom Hourglass / Wind Waker - the tracks could have magically just appeared under the train wherever it went. Aside from that, I did enjoy it though - especially the central role of Zelda, and the fact that she had a different personality than usual.

Her rant in the tower when she tells you to go off and adventure while she stays behind is one of the best bits of dialogue in the entire series.

Keiya fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Sep 25, 2016

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So, since I think this is a blanket Zelda thread, can I ask what the difference is between the Wii U and 3DS versions of Hyrule Warriors? I'm torn whether to buy it for the 3DS I already have and am not doing much with right now, or getting it for a Wii U I'm considering buying at some point soon.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 26, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

ozza posted:

Spirit Tracks had some of the best personality in the series. I would love to see an enhanced remake of Spirit Tracks at some point.

Keiya posted:

Her rant in the tower when she tells you to go off and adventure while she stays behind is one of the best bits of dialogue in the entire series.

Between that, the super-girly Phantoms under her control, and generally being hilarious, Ghost Zelda is my second favorite fairy companion in the series after Midna.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wii U version is prettier but the 3DS version has more and better content. I'm honestly a bit peeved they never updated the Wii u version to match but what can you do. Still the Wii U version has tons of content so if you don't want to play it literally forever you'd probably be fine with just the base game of that.

Anyway if you do go for the 3DS one make sure that you have a New 3DS because the game runs like garbage on the original. That's the main reason I never played it - I didn't feel like replacing my 3DS just for a game I'd already played but with new content.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Regy Rusty posted:

Wii U version is prettier but the 3DS version has more and better content. I'm honestly a bit peeved they never updated the Wii u version to match but what can you do. Still the Wii U version has tons of content so if you don't want to play it literally forever you'd probably be fine with just the base game of that.

Anyway if you do go for the 3DS one make sure that you have a New 3DS because the game runs like garbage on the original. That's the main reason I never played it - I didn't feel like replacing my 3DS just for a game I'd already played but with new content.

Wii U it is, then! I've got a 3DS XL, and not enough impetus to upgrade. All that a New 3DS has over buying a WiiU is, like...
-Better Hyrule Warriors vs. prettier Hyrule Warriors
-Xenoblade Chronicles vs. Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Monster Hunter (which I wasn't super into when I played 4 on my regular 3DS)

I will mourn not having the full 3DS DLCs, though. The fact they introduced a loving Marin DLC is what put it on my radar, and it kinda sucks I won't be able to play her little story thing. My only disappointment seeing those DLCs come out was that they didn't use the Capcom portable Zeldas, because Din and Nayru would've been loving rad.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
One warning, the balance in the Wii U adventure maps is utterly atrocious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I would just say don't buy the DLC. Play the base game for the ungodly long time it will take and then just move on.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cleretic posted:

Wii U it is, then! I've got a 3DS XL, and not enough impetus to upgrade. All that a New 3DS has over buying a WiiU is, like...

I will mourn not having the full 3DS DLCs, though. The fact they introduced a loving Marin DLC is what put it on my radar, and it kinda sucks I won't be able to play her little story thing. My only disappointment seeing those DLCs come out was that they didn't use the Capcom portable Zeldas, because Din and Nayru would've been loving rad.

I may be wrong but I don't believe Marin has any story content. You can still DL and play as her on Wii U, you'll just miss the LA adventure map.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Cleretic posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles for The New 3DS is a port of Xenoblade Chronicles for the Wii, which can be bought on the eshop for $20

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Goodsmile has their Twilight Princess Link and Zelda figmas up for preorder if you're into figures and poo poo like me, they look baller too:

http://special.goodsmile.info/figma_link_twilight_princess/en/

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Cool! For some reason I never expected them to make more besides the two Skyward Sword Links and the LBW Link. Guess they've made enough profit to do more. And probably has to do with the TP HD release. It would be cool if the trend continued and they tackled other games; I'd love a good Wind Waker Link (the "nendoroid" version is a little weird).

Surprised there's a Zelda this time around, too. I imagine the further you stray from a series' most iconic character, you end up dividing a niche market further and further and it stops being worth it to produce. I'll remain cautiously pessimistic about ever getting a Dampe toy.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Keiya posted:

One warning, the balance in the Wii U adventure maps is utterly atrocious.

The A rank for the last tier of weapons is loving insane. I'm assuming most people either give up or just use the rupee glitch to max level the characters to make it easier.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

coffeecup posted:

Cool! For some reason I never expected them to make more besides the two Skyward Sword Links and the LBW Link. Guess they've made enough profit to do more. And probably has to do with the TP HD release. It would be cool if the trend continued and they tackled other games; I'd love a good Wind Waker Link (the "nendoroid" version is a little weird).

Surprised there's a Zelda this time around, too. I imagine the further you stray from a series' most iconic character, you end up dividing a niche market further and further and it stops being worth it to produce. I'll remain cautiously pessimistic about ever getting a Dampe toy.

I'm really hoping for some sort of Ganondorf figure or even a huge-rear end Ganon, those seem highly unlikely. :smith:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

dont think it was posted earlier but the Oracle games Boss Keys episode came out a few days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqKGl6exyyY

this one doesn't actually talk about the specific dungeons as much as I would have liked but whatever. I really want to see what the guy will say about Twilight Princess when he gets to that

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He's going to loving hate a couple of really good dungeons I think, because he seems to have the idea that linear = automatically bad, and complex = automatically good, when you can have good or bad dungeons of both type.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

greatn posted:

He's going to loving hate a couple of really good dungeons I think, because he seems to have the idea that linear = automatically bad, and complex = automatically good, when you can have good or bad dungeons of both type.

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure what you mean because linear and complex don't seem mutually exclusive in a dungeon. Like, is linear more or less going from room to room whereas complex is backtracking and solving puzzles that are spread across multiple floors?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

greatn posted:

I'm playing through it right now. I'm on the Temple of Time, but I will say that Snowpeak Ruins is the best dungeon so far. The first part is linear as hell but it challenges you to understand the layout of the mansion very well and it uses different floors in a 3d space pretty well. It even force gives you the map so you have to use it.

The Arbiter's Grounds is super linear, like its basically a series of rooms in order, but has some cool fights and uses of Wolf Link, and unfortunately the big spinner room at the end is far too little despite it being so fun.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Doesn't get more linear than the twilight realm and it just being a sequence of rooms locked behind a key you get in the same room.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Doesn't get more linear than the twilight realm and it just being a sequence of rooms locked behind a key you get in the same room.

The Palace of Twilight barely counts as a full dungeon. You don't even get a special item: instead you get a special upgrade for the Master Sword that only works in the dungeon itself. It's mostly there to be a climax for the Zant plot. It's played up as the final battle of the game, but then it's revealed that Ganondorf was pulling the strings the whole time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

City in the Sky is probably the most frustrating and miserable dungeon I've played. It's a gigantic pain in the rear end to navigate with lots of one-way routes, and if you're trying to get all the chests like I am, it means if you miss one sometimes you have to go through a whole section of the dungeon again just for another chance to figure it out.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
Otoh retreading the dungeon gives you more time to appreciate the music.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

mabels big day posted:

City in the Sky is probably the most frustrating and miserable dungeon I've played. It's a gigantic pain in the rear end to navigate with lots of one-way routes, and if you're trying to get all the chests like I am, it means if you miss one sometimes you have to go through a whole section of the dungeon again just for another chance to figure it out.

But the dungeon item is to be Spider-Man!

I have a huge issue with getting distracted by cool-looking stuff and letting that cloud my jusgement. It's a big reason the Water Temple from OOT remains my least favorite despite probably seeing worse dungeons; it's not just frustrating, it's boring. The aesthetic is uninspiring, the Iron Boots mean you're gonna be moving slowly for much of it, and the dungeon item is just a range improvement for an item that you already had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

mabels big day posted:

I'm playing through it right now. I'm on the Temple of Time, but I will say that Snowpeak Ruins is the best dungeon so far. The first part is linear as hell but it challenges you to understand the layout of the mansion very well and it uses different floors in a 3d space pretty well. It even force gives you the map so you have to use it.

The Arbiter's Grounds is super linear, like its basically a series of rooms in order, but has some cool fights and uses of Wolf Link, and unfortunately the big spinner room at the end is far too little despite it being so fun.

The only disappointing part of Aribter's Grounds is that you don't get to keep the sweet giant cursed sword that powers the giant dragon skull boss. I was heartbroken.