Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

CapitalistPig posted:

Have we not covered this?

The answer is who loving knows in this batshit crazy game.

dont really like this 4 an answer but seems consistent to what a frustrated town cpig would say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

cpig did ur failed action cost a charge

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

cpig did ur failed action cost a charge

I don't think so.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IllegallySober posted:

So, a clarification question. I've only been in I think one other game that had lightning rod as a role.

My understanding of a lightning rod is that the person with that ability, when used, redirects ALL actions to themselves. Correct?

Now in a game like this with everyone having multiple roles, does that also mean that if someone with a lightning rod also drew someone with death proof or a similar ability, that they would then gain that protection passively? Or are we assuming that the reason there was no kill N1 is because the kill was blocked by someone using a doc ability?

It would change everyone who was using a targeted action to target the rod.

Deathproof isn't targeted, and the rod doesn't absorb abilities.

Doc protect, Jail, Bodyguard, BP, etc are reasons for the lack of kill.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gulag flipped Jailer, but I didn't see him last night, so assuming he decided not to use it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

It would change everyone who was using a targeted action to target the rod.

Deathproof isn't targeted, and the rod doesn't absorb abilities.

Doc protect, Jail, Bodyguard, BP, etc are reasons for the lack of kill.

Okay, thanks. That makes sense.

I had a couple of suspicions but now that I understand the mechanic better they don't pan out.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I will not be around for much of the next 24 hours due to work tonight and tomorrow morning. I will do the best I can to check in late tonight.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
so was anyone notified last night that their action was redirected??

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Bigup DJ posted:

Asiina used the language "your target" with me, I think in a way to obfuscate if something like that happened.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IllegallySober posted:

I'm officiating a football game

Oh also going back to this to say "my man :hfive:"

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bigup DJ posted:

Nope.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

chaoslord posted:

Oh also going back to this to say "my man :hfive:"

Yeah, this is my seventh year doing it. It's fun most of the time. Tonight was not one of those nights.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

in that case ##vote Tired Moritz

how does your lightning rod power work, TM?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Bigup DJ posted:

in that case ##vote Tired Moritz

how does your lightning rod power work, TM?

and why, Tired Moritz, praytell, did you use it on KB??

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Bigup DJ posted:

and why, Tired Moritz, praytell, did you use it on KB??

uh, I basically drag all night actions to me, my friend. I don't choose to use it on anyone. this is a very stupid question, sorry!!

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
Hey all, sorry about my absence from the thread. Last couple days were busy. Reading now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bigup DJ posted:

i have what i think is a strong case, partially contingent on an answer to a question i asked the mod (which i expect to have received by the time i wake up tomorrow, at which point i'll share my case)

Bigup DJ posted:

ie. in ~11 hours. so don't lynch me til then!! lynch me after

(p.s. "i am town" was for KB's thing + i am removing my vote from gulagdolls due to this read i think i have ##unvote) but essentially i have reason to believe Tired Moritz Is Lying when he says he's a lightning rod (again partially, probably contingent on this answer from the mod - one answer means it's a sure thing, another means it's less sure)

So what was the deal with this, Bigup?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
right now I feel like bigup is probably our best bet for today.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

right now I feel like bigup is probably our best bet for today.

I'm leaning this direction at the moment as well, if only because he just asked a variation of the same question that I brought up on the same page. There shouldn't be any questions as to how the lightning rod ability works anymore.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
Caught up. Lol @ Gulag.

I was Nexus last night, and the PM said it succeeded.

My first instincts on casing say Dok, who's insanely suspicious! That exchange with Cpig was the most unnatural thing I've read in this thread so far. BigUps driveby posting is also strange and he needs to come back and post in a little more detail. I wouldn't be opposed to TM but I want to see him post a case. I'll throw a ##vote Tired Moritz for just that purpose.

TM, if there's two more mafia, who are they?

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I am super hung over.

TM, can you keep on doing that thing, or was it a one off?

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Doktor Per posted:

I am super hung over.

TM, can you keep on doing that thing, or was it a one off?

?!

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
I am town.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

I can easily do it again.

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
What's chaos' meta? I don't like his posts late D1 or today.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
who the gently caress keep voting the lightning rod

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

who the gently caress keep voting the lightning rod

Who else is mafia?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the people that are trying to get the lightning rod that can't die at night lynched

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i just remembered doktor per posted really bad d1 so im going to vote him now ##vote doktor per

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

upon further review, it isnt as egregious as initially recalled but he voted for my dear departed friend gulagdolls rip

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Crenk. posted:

Caught up. Lol @ Gulag.

I was Nexus last night, and the PM said it succeeded.

My first instincts on casing say Dok, who's insanely suspicious! That exchange with Cpig was the most unnatural thing I've read in this thread so far. BigUps driveby posting is also strange and he needs to come back and post in a little more detail. I wouldn't be opposed to TM but I want to see him post a case. I'll throw a ##vote Tired Moritz for just that purpose.

TM, if there's two more mafia, who are they?

My question to this is, why would scum deliberately skip night 1? My brain may be addled from the previous real life night, but I personally don't see the benefit. But one thing I find interesting is....

in light of

King Burgundy posted:

Pretty much everyone has stopped by now, minus Crenk? No one has said not to, so here is the list of people that visited my target:

AN
Bigup
CPig -- Claims watch failed on Gulag - ??? We know the scum roleblocker couldn't have targetted him due to the rod+me seeing him.
Chaos
Dok
Dong
Dragon -- Claimed watch failed on Somber, was actually scum and probably roleblocking someone
IS
Me -- Watched Self, but was probably lightning rod'd somewhere else

People I didn't see:
Crenk.
Gulag
Jimson
Moat
Somber
Tired - Claims lightning Rod

So the scum kill would be in the top list unless they are a ninja.
We now know that Dragon probably carried out the kill.
It feels to me, like scum are trying to get rid of the person who holds their kill hostage.

And that's why I want TM to keep on living and keep on rodding if possible.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

dongsbot 9000 posted:

upon further review, it isnt as egregious as initially recalled but he voted for my dear departed friend gulagdolls rip

GulagDolls died as they lived. Always curving the bullet.

:rip:

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

Doktor Per posted:

My question to this is, why would scum deliberately skip night 1? My brain may be addled from the previous real life night, but I personally don't see the benefit. But one thing I find interesting is....

in light of
We now know that Dragon probably carried out the kill.
It feels to me, like scum are trying to get rid of the person who holds their kill hostage.

And that's why I want TM to keep on living and keep on rodding if possible.

Not really sure I get the connection that you're making. My ?! was in reference to the fact that you disappeared in a weird way and then returned to ask a question that had already been asked and answered.

My vote on TM is to try and get him to talk a little, but as I said before, I think you are the most suspicious person in the thread.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

Pretty much everyone has stopped by now, minus Crenk? No one has said not to, so here is the list of people that visited my target:

AN
Bigup
CPig -- Claims watch failed on Gulag - ??? We know the scum roleblocker couldn't have targetted him due to the rod+me seeing him.
Chaos
Dok
Dong
Dragon -- Claimed watch failed on Somber, was actually scum and probably roleblocking someone
IS
Me -- Watched Self, but was probably lightning rod'd somewhere else

People I didn't see:
Crenk.
Gulag
Jimson
Moat
Somber
Tired - Claims lightning Rod

So the scum kill would be in the top list unless they are a ninja.

people who did an action thats not accounted 4 yet to the best of my knowledge

an, bigup, chaos, dok, me, is

i think cpig was prolly the target of everything

im town cuz i caught dragonatrix using post analysis and trap setting

kb is town cuz he confirmed dragonatrix was lying when he couldve just lied to save him

IllegallySober posted:

I haven't seen anything in the last little bit to make me change my mind. Don't think we are getting a lynch, but since I can't be around for deadline, throwing my vote on the current leader.

##vote CCKeane

dont think this is a scum post

similarly well i think keane's interactions w/ dragonatrix pointed him to scum, i think an is town since it was very differently composed

bigup spent d1 going on kb for his d1 case against keane while chaoslord voted keane while its not conclusive im just ##vote bigup fairly confidently

i ahvent read like 10+ pages of thsi game tbh tho

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Tired Moritz (3): Moatillata, Bigup DJ, Crenk.
Bigup DJ (2): King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, CapitalistPig, AnonymousNarcotics, dongsbot 9000
CapitalistPig (1): Doktor Per
Doktor Per (0): dongsbot 9000, dongsbot 9000

Not Voting (6): CapitalistPig, chaoslord, IllegallySober, JimsonTheBetrayer, King Burgundy, Tired Moritz

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 25th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!

Crenk. posted:

Not really sure I get the connection that you're making. My ?! was in reference to the fact that you disappeared in a weird way and then returned to ask a question that had already been asked and answered.

My vote on TM is to try and get him to talk a little, but as I said before, I think you are the most suspicious person in the thread.

Yes, I disappeared weirdly to a party last evening and am now, super hung over trying to piece poo poo together.

For the sake of transparency, my action last night was to rolecop Chaos due to their miller claim. Instead I found out that TM and I share a very special power. This is deliberately vague as I believe TM to be town. Otherwise the scum would have known of the rod before nightfall.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

moat's in this agme???

it doesnt make any sense for a scum not to do an action d1 cuz whoever has a bunch of bad actions should just nk but moat is defnitely scum NINJA SCUM like his in every game ever gg

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
Also. ##unvote

Gonna take a long hike, see if it clears my head any.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

its bigup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
moat really wants me to die for some reason. also he's buddying with KB a lot.

Moatillata posted:

STOP TRYING TO STEAL CRED YOU CALLED A NO LYNCH

Moatillata posted:

Jesus king burgundy you are on fire.

I am not the scum, I still think dok may be a scum and possibly somber

most of his posts are fairly low-content or asking people to lynch me.

Moatillata posted:

How was the emergency room cpig? Did they prescribe you any good meds

Moatillata posted:

Yeah I agree kb but can we all agree on TM bring shifty as gently caress

Moatillata posted:

No tm and somber and gg town

Moatillata posted:

How about we kill known scum TM

• Locked thread