Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CapitalistPig posted:

Though I see what you are going for , still probably not cool.

Yeah thats what I figured, it made me laugh but its probably a tasteless joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yeah ignore that joke it's just stupid

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Mg4 posted:

Yeah thats what I figured, it made me laugh but its probably a tasteless joke

I appreciate the woodplay.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

I appreciate the woodplay.

:golfclap:

this is actually better than the original joke.

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014
@Kashuno & @dongsbot9000

Your game's confirmation thread is here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/4290-Hydra-Game-1

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mg4 posted:

Heres a joke (pretend im saying it on stage at a comedy club):

Man I love tinder, but one thing I noticed about it, it's primarly composed of faggots. Like the other day I went outside to my tinder pile and all I could think was "man what a bunch of faggots"

Then I segue into how I don't use smart phones and hate apps and social media and all that

it is neither good nor cool

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Allen Wren posted:

it is neither good nor cool

Yeah, you're right. That word is not a word I ever use IRL or even on the forums, I just thought there was some good synergy for a joke, but no its just stupid and I was dumb.

I enjoyed the word play aspect of the joke but also the subverting expectations aspect. That first sentence is really jarring and not cool but then I'm talking about woodpiles in my back yard and that is supposed to subvert your expectations. Obviously if I have to explain it like this then it's not a good joke and relying on the dual meanings of that word is hackey, probably super played out, and also the word itself is just gross so yeah.

Anyways I apologize to anyone I offended I was just writing some jokes for a stand up open mic I'm doing soon and wanted to see if I should throw that one away or not.

Mr. F! fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 24, 2016

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

San Fran

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 28, 2020

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EccoRaven posted:

yay MC likes me a lot woo great yay

I mean of course they do. They like pineapple on pizza, they have great taste.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Stop talking about your dates you jerks haha I'm not lonely

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Mg4 posted:

Yeah, you're right. That word is not a word I ever use IRL or even on the forums, I just thought there was some good synergy for a joke, but no its just stupid and I was dumb.

I enjoyed the word play aspect of the joke but also the subverting expectations aspect. That first sentence is really jarring and not cool but then I'm talking about woodpiles in my back yard and that is supposed to subvert your expectations. Obviously if I have to explain it like this then it's not a good joke and relying on the dual meanings of that word is hackey, probably super played out, and also the word itself is just gross so yeah.

Anyways I apologize to anyone I offended I was just writing some jokes for a stand up open mic I'm doing soon and wanted to see if I should throw that one away or not.

For you first stand up go clean and inoffensive. This is because once you have the technique down to write good and funny clean jokes, you can likely start working on more alienating material without significantly losing tue good will of the audience.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am a comedian's custodian, I make jokes that play to the back of the crowd because that is where I'm mopping

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CCKeane posted:

For you first stand up go clean and inoffensive. This is because once you have the technique down to write good and funny clean jokes, you can likely start working on more alienating material without significantly losing tue good will of the audience.

Yeah thanks for the tip. i know my first time is going to go horribly because my sense of humor is very different. But I want to try it and see how it goes. It should be fun no matter what.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I've got material on how many people with my name there are in the us and how much pressure that puts on you when you're a child and you hear someone say "be the best you you can be". That's a lot to ask of a kid that has to compete with 17000 other people with the same EXACT name. If I had a unique name like "zardoz " or something then just existing was me excelling at being the best me I could be. Because seriously who knows a guy named zardoz I'd be the only one in the US

Mr. F! fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 24, 2016

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Mg4 posted:

I've got material on how many people with my name there are in the us and how much pressure that puts on you when you're a child and you hear someone say "be the best you you can be". That's a lot to ask of a kid that has to compete with 17000 other people with the same EXACT name. If I had a unique name like "zardoz " or something then just existing was me excelling at being the best me I could be. Because seriously who knows a guy named zardoz I'd be the only one in the US

I know fifteen people named Zardoz.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

I know fifteen people named Zardoz.

You Failure.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mg4 posted:

I think you could use this. A lot of this seems like the flow and delivery of the name will be important.

Recording yourself is really helpful and that helped me out a lot.

I also broke everything down into a series of bits with semi discrete jokes. This way, if I stumbled through, I could jump to the next easily.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

CCKeane posted:

I think you could use this. A lot of this seems like the flow and delivery of the name will be important.

Recording yourself is really helpful and that helped me out a lot.

I also broke everything down into a series of bits with semi discrete jokes. This way, if I stumbled through, I could jump to the next easily.

Yeah that's a good idea as well, recording yourself, like reading the written word back to yourself aloud, allows you to hear the redundancies you didn't notice the first time.

The semi discrete joke tip is also smart. I need to start working on some one liners

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Noooooiooi

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Nobody steal my bit! Ahh I'm gonna get Carlos mencia'd :negative:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
hilary hahn is so good!!!! its awesome that i got to hear lang lang and hahn in the same week its like mumbles is a real city (but not really)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Keane it's you my friend raef is just sensitive don't take a screenshot of this and post it or anything

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Aw, thanks PBS!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

EccoRaven posted:

I made some shakshuka for breakfast this morning. I tried to get challah from work but they stiffed me so I had to use sourdough to dip into it instead, which was totally fine too but not perfect but life isn't perfect you know and that doesn't make life any worse.

I used a spoonful of cayenne and just enough jalapeños to give it a kick.

What is that eggs or something?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
yes magnus it is

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

dongsbot 9000 posted:

yes magnus it is

Ty

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It looks, and sounds, delicious, Ecco.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I played a lot of diplomacy this weekend and placed 9th out of 28 players which was cool. I also got new glasses and I can see clearly for the first time in years

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The Paranormal/Conspiracy spooky mafia game is now live! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792023

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

The panthers are driving me nuts here

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm sure I ask this every time fall rolls around but for those of you who're bearded, is there like a cream or oil or something you put in your beard to prevent your skin from going all berserk and itchy?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm sure I ask this every time fall rolls around but for those of you who're bearded, is there like a cream or oil or something you put in your beard to prevent your skin from going all berserk and itchy?

https://www.wildroseherbs.com/collections/wild-man/beard

I use the wash in the shower and the cream after I get out of the shower. There's also a 20% off sale going on at the moment (at least till tomorrow).

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Do you keep your beard short? I have a beard of medium length and it really doesn't get very scratchy after the first couple weeks. Those first two weeks are PAIN though.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I never really have this problem.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

OMG Asiina my beat my team this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I made a thing.

I peeled a green apple and diced it and then cooked it down with brown sugar and cinnamon and ginger and walnuts.

Then I took a puff pastry and stuffed it with brie and poured the apple mixture in and wrapped it all up and baked it.

It was good.