Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

I haven't read ONE's webcomic but I don't really care about Garou from the Murata stuff tbh

Yeah, that's about right. It's difficult to care about Garou personally until you start getting to the meat of things, true, and the Murata version hasn't actually gotten to it yet. Garou, at the moment, is just a very strong opponent with a grudge against heroes. The Garou arc, on the other hand, does a lot to flesh out much of the cast and test them emotionally. It's not a spoiler to say that we'll be seeing a deeper look at him as well as those heroes sent to take him down. If the core question of OPM is "what makes a hero?" then the Garou arc asks it even harder and louder than any previous arc. And Saitama answers. Some other people answer too. You might laugh, you might cry, you might laugh again. There's a lot of character development that's about to go down and some of it might surprise you.

Would be nice to actually get to the meat of the arc proper though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to see some more of that beautiful man

That strong man

That powerful man

That noble man

That great man

K I N G

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That strong man

That powerful man

That noble man

That great man

K I N G

Motherfucking same.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My strong belief that we'll never get Murata Garou/Monster Association is not out of cynicism, but ad a limiter for my hopes

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

That strong man

That powerful man

That noble man

That great man

K I N G

Saikyou Ou-Sama, Kingu da!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

S2 was confirmed for 2017 so we have at least 6 updates from Murata before we get to air.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I hope it straight up gets FMA:Brotherhooded and they talked with ONE and Murata on how to schedule it so that the ending of the Garou arc gets drawn and published just in time to adapt it for the anime.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Moltrey posted:

it's going to be two episodes of the King arc and then the rest is filler of King doing let's plays of dating sims

it's going to be very good actually

e: i literally cant remember the events or the order of them after Boros. There's like a fight with a Fubuki, and then Genos and Sonic fight too? that's all I got. Metal Bat is in there fighting a centipede or some poo poo. i have no idea, it's been so long, all of this information has fallen straight out of my brain. Mob Psycho 100 has devoured it all like it has devoured ONE's time

Garou punches a bunch of heroes, metal bat owns, sonic and genos do their usual thing, then martial arts tournament

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
The problem is that that is an incredibly making GBS threads ending with no tension or excitement. There's no loving way that moves the blu-rays.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They'll get to the end of the Garou arc and cut the parts that aren't in ONE's if they need to if they're only doing one cour. Like Boogaleeboo suggests, there's no good place to cut a season if they're not getting to the end of the Garou arc.

At that point, they're basically caught up to ONE too, for the most part.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

Releases might speed up a bit now that Mob is apparently about to finish up the anime tomorrow as well and ONE won't have that using his time.

finally, back to the breakneck pace of 1 chapter every 6 months

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

I just want to see Fubuki eating a cookie.

Is that so wrong of me?

I won't kinkshame you, waffle.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

finally, back to the breakneck pace of 1 chapter every 6 months

I will gladly accept that if it means we get the full Garou arc in anime form next year.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hosei outto

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If not for that guy Mumen Rider wouldn't have gotten the credit, so he's okay in my book.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

The weird part was everyone trying to agree with him.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

drilldo squirt posted:

I really would love a bit of literary analysis on that scene if possible. I can understand how it helps the story, but it does seem to be a bit forced? I mean, you just saw this guy cream a ton of other heroes, and your first instinct when someone comes and kicks his rear end is to go "oh wait maybe they're all worthless?"

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RedMagus posted:

I really would love a bit of literary analysis on that scene if possible. I can understand how it helps the story, but it does seem to be a bit forced? I mean, you just saw this guy cream a ton of other heroes, and your first instinct when someone comes and kicks his rear end is to go "oh wait maybe they're all worthless?"

I always felt it being forced was intentional. It's a purposefully farcical scene which goes with the ridiculous setting. Or it could just be lazy writing, ONE isn't perfect, etc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

drilldo squirt posted:

Iirc werent the first guys to reply threatening to beat him up.
Its a bit forced in order to keep saitama from being a recognized hero, and to showoff more of his character as an actually nice guy taking the 'fall' as it were so the other heroes save face, after all it really was next to no effort on his part.
And also to start off explaining the whole deal with hero culture and their public perception, where heros are tossed away if they only manage to hold off the monster instead of flashily defeating them, even if they risked certain death like Mumen Rider or took out nearly every other sea monster like the bamboo spear guy, and is the reason why the scene with sweet mask being interviewed is shown right after.

The Neet kicked off a sub arc is what Im trying to say.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 30, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its a bit forced in order to keep saitama from being a recognized hero, and to showoff more of his character as an actually nice guy taking the 'fall' as it were so the other heroes save face, after all it really was next to no effort on his part.
And also to start off explaining the whole deal with hero culture and their public perception, where heros are tossed away if they only manage to hold off the monster instead of flashily defeating them, even if they risked certain death like Mumen Rider or took out nearly every other sea monster like the bamboo spear guy, and is the reason why the scene with sweet mask being interviewed is shown right after.

KoB
May 1, 2009
The main part was the contrast to the beginning of the series, which kicks off with Saitama wanting recognition for being a hero.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

And also to start off explaining the whole deal with hero culture and their public perception, where heros are tossed away if they only manage to hold off the monster instead of flashily defeating them,

I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that this continues to be a thing further on.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

An additional point to it's strangeness is that Saitama breaks the current system. While the Audience knows that he's easily Beyond S Class, only Genos knows that in-world (and he's easily top 5 S class material himself.)

The Neet also furthered the main sub arc of the story (the Hero Association has some pretty big flaws in it and it only works up until a certain point anyway) by airing the public's discontent of the whole system.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Bang also feels like Saitama's got a lot to him as well, even if he doesn't completely know.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Bang also feels like Saitama's got a lot to him as well, even if he doesn't completely know.

Bang got a front row seat during the meteor bit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah Bang's already in the club

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

King and Bang know Saitama is peerless

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fubuki just comes over for cookies.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

dis astranagant posted:

Oh right, I forgot about the Meteor bit for a second.

Shows how nuts One-Punch is when you can forget a dude punching a meteor so hard he broke it's physics :psyduck:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EponymousMrYar posted:

Oh right, I forgot about the Meteor bit for a second.

Shows how nuts One-Punch is when you can forget a dude punching a meteor so hard he broke it's physics :psyduck:

Nah, I think that's pretty in line for anime. Now, if he'd caught it on his fist and punched it back into space without it breaking I think that would've been insane.

Waffleman_ posted:

Fubuki just comes over for cookies.

Also, this makes me wanna go look around for some good One Punch Man fanart, excuse me.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Xarbala posted:

Yeah Bang's already in the club

Mumen Rider too. Some of the heroes do get it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RareAcumen posted:

Nah, I think that's pretty in line for anime. Now, if he'd caught it on his fist and punched it back into space without it breaking I think that would've been insane.

Also, this makes me wanna go look around for some good One Punch Man fanart, excuse me.

Ah yes
'Fan art' of Fubuki.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

For the most part Fubuki is a big dull dud imo

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
[extremely Murata voice] fubuki best garl

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ah yes
'Fan art' of Fubuki.

I didn't say Fubuki, I said One Punch Man.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fubuki is the least interesting of the main ensemble we have seen imo and as such I am deeply suspicious of anyone who thinks she is dah best garlllllllllo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tornado is best and I will buy the Tornado nendo at some point.