Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Well, Beginning of the End was a good palate-cleanser. Good riffs, good interludes, and grasshoppers crawling on postcards. Next up, I Accuse my Parents.

Ah yes, that's the one where the kid accuses his parents. A good example of the meandering style of movie from the 40s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
I cannot seem to find it, but at some point in the past 10-15 years there was a commercial which used the song 'Are You Happy In Your Work?' , so instead have a Gypsy version. :j:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAY2QFZi_IU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evil Mastermind posted:

Ah yes, that's the one where the kid accuses his parents. A good example of the meandering style of movie from the 40s.

Also a good bit of it was sampled in the Ministry song "So What". It's alway a bit jarring when you hear the original source of a sample "in the wild" as it were. I know, I'm old.

E: NVM. It was "The Violent Years" I was confused. I'm old.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The best part of The Violent Years was the scene where some Communists pay them to smash up the school. Because that was totally a thing that was happening.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

muscles like this? posted:

The best part of The Violent Years was the scene where some Communists pay them to smash up the school. Because that was totally a thing that was happening.

My favorite part of The Violent Years was at the very beginning where the girls walk past a chalkboard with a bunch of positive traits written on it and, one by one, mockingly dismiss them. It's the sort of thing the people who make parody wish they could do as well, and it was done sincerely.

Just about all of them looked at the camera while doing it, too.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
That was some darned fine cursive on that board, though.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The one episode I hate watching is Castle of Fu Manchu. Besides just being unpleasant to watch visually, Christopher Lee in Yellow Face is not how I want to remember the man.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Command Ant posted:

Speaking of cards, I still have my membership card from the MST3K Fan Club that I got almost 30 years ago.

Held together by lamination, scotch tape, and pure force of will.

Please don't use my member number to track down my real name.

I'm jealous. I would have that framed.

I do have a signed picture of Joel and the 'Bots that I got a Dragon Con a couple years ago, though!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So here's an interesting question: who's dumber, Jimmy from I Accuse My Parents, or Marv from High School Big Shot?

I mean, they're both pretty stupid, but at least Marv was able to sort-of organize a heist. Not well, but he put a plan together. Jimmy doesn't seem to pay attention to anything that's going on around him because he's too busy making up stories about his parents.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Evil Mastermind posted:

So here's an interesting question: who's dumber, Jimmy from I Accuse My Parents, or Marv from High School Big Shot?

I mean, they're both pretty stupid, but at least Marv was able to sort-of organize a heist. Not well, but he put a plan together. Jimmy doesn't seem to pay attention to anything that's going on around him because he's too busy making up stories about his parents.

At least Jimmy wrote an essay! But yeah, Jimmy was an idiot.

Bimmi posted:

The one I won't rewatch under any circumstances is Kitten With a Whip. Intensely unpleasant little movie, not a funny enough episode to be worth the slog. At least almost everybody died at the end.

I love Kitten with a Whip.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Marv at least got into crime on his own. Jimmy just kind of fell backwards into crime.

Anyway, new Kickstarter update. Joel says that this week is when they're going to start filming all the host segments, skits and Mad stuff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Sadly the broadcast had issues so I missed the part where the kid accused his parents. I'll need to catch the missing bits later.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/mysterysciencetheater3000/photos/a.211958952184840.52826.166365283410874/1098723893508337/?type=1&theater

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Wonder what manner of footwear Jonah Ray is rocking, since Mike was mostly a Birkenstock fellow, and Joel was a Converse man (if I recall correctly).

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Jonah Ray wears skate shoes. I'm guessing

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Jonah is going to tower over everybody on screen.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

He looks like the kind of guy who has slippers shaped like bear feet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Franchescanado posted:

Jonah is going to tower over everybody on screen.

He can carry Elliott Kalan around in his pocket.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like that he's wearing yellow, since Joel and Mike wore the other two primary colors. Not sure if that was intentional or not, but I'm digging it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I only recognize Jonah and Joel there. Could someone list the rest so that I can put faces to voices when it airs?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The three on the right are Hampton Yount (new Crow), Elliot Kalan (former head writer for The Daily Show and new head writer), and Baron Vaughn (new Servo).

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What's kind of funny is Tom made a joke about becoming black or something to that effect in season 3.

He got his wish!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

The three on the right are Hampton Yount (new Crow), Elliot Kalan (former head writer for The Daily Show and new head writer), and Baron Vaughn (new Servo).

Thanks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope Elliott actually finds a way to get onto the show, if only to insert a silly song he makes up on the spot into the show.

Like he does to everyone's delight on The Flop House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR3qd0KHYP0

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

So how tall is Jonah? Because in the picture Joel included in the Kickstarter email today he towered over everybody. He's like 12 feet tall, right?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

When they got everyone together at the Reunion Show he looked like an inch or two taller than Mike.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Also in the Kickstarter update, one major cameo confirmed!

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

SirPhoebos posted:

The one episode I hate watching is Castle of Fu Manchu. Besides just being unpleasant to watch visually, Christopher Lee in Yellow Face is not how I want to remember the man.

I had almost blotted this one from memory. Imagine having to watch that a dozen times over the course of a couple of weeks? Those guys didn't get paid nearly enough.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

So how tall is Jonah? Because in the picture Joel included in the Kickstarter email today he towered over everybody. He's like 12 feet tall, right?

6' 5" without shoes

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I just got clued into this and all my dreams are becoming reality.

But why new Servo and Crow?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

kiimo posted:

Same reason there's a new host. The show has always had a (gradually) changing cast. After all, none of the bots were their original voices by the end of the run, and of course the host and the mads were entirely different characters too. It's kind of like Saturday Night Live in that regard -- the players rotate in and out but the show continues. Joel has even put forth the idea that if the Sci-Fi Channel people hadn't canceled it, the show might be on its fifth or sixth "generation" of voices and characters by now. We've just had a bit of a hiatus, is all.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Powered Descent posted:

Same reason there's a new host. The show has always had a (gradually) changing cast. After all, none of the bots were their original voices by the end of the run, and of course the host and the mads were entirely different characters too. It's kind of like Saturday Night Live in that regard -- the players rotate in and out but the show continues. Joel has even put forth the idea that if the Sci-Fi Channel people hadn't canceled it, the show might be on its fifth or sixth "generation" of voices and characters by now. We've just had a bit of a hiatus, is all.

I wonder how they'll explain the new voices (if at all).

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

The other guys are happily doing Rifftrax, but I think they'll be cameo-ing on the new show. As for the new actors, they did a bit last year so you can get a feel for them if you watch this

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/3a...58-16c4a32bf65f

The dude who does Crow is dead on perfect, and Servo sounds different, but the frenetic beeping made me laugh so I'm happy with them both

edit: how did two people reply in the time it took me to type that? Well at least mine came with a link

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

You should probably just relax.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Joel mentioned in Soultaker that Crow must've changed his bowling pin, so it'll probably be something along those lines.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Command Ant posted:

Joel mentioned in Soultaker that Crow must've changed his bowling pin, so it'll probably be something along those lines.

When the Syfy version started they explained away the personality change by saying that Crow had been stuck on the SOL for centuries by himself.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

hhhat posted:

The other guys are happily doing Rifftrax, but I think they'll be cameo-ing on the new show.

Mary Jo Pehl, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett will be reprising their roles of Pearl Forrester, Professor Bobo and Brain Guy, but both Mike Nelson and Trace Beaulieu declined offers to return.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Command Ant posted:

My guess is that since the Sci-Fi run ended with the SOL crashing back to Earth and Tom and Crow moving in with Mike, Jonah's gonna build a new Tom and Crow from Joel's blueprints.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

DivisionPost posted:

My guess is that since the Sci-Fi run ended with the SOL crashing back to Earth and Tom and Crow moving in with Mike, Jonah's gonna build a new Tom and Crow from Joel's blueprints.

I'm assuming somebody has already printed out a new "I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW VOICE" for the new guy, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm assuming somebody has already printed out a new "I HATE TOM SERVO'S NEW VOICE" for the new guy, right?

Guy's gonna receive 500 identical banners