Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I really miss the mini challenges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

endolithic posted:

God drat that was some fine reality television. So many GIFs and pictures!

I love it.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

All I ever wanted. This could not have been any more perfect.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Like a time lapse video of a flower opening. Tati just has the best smile ever, basically.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Phi phi is a mean girl. She's a Regina George, nice to your face, mean behind your back. It's almost a compulsion. When she was talking to Tatiana about why she should stay, why did she feel compelled to poo poo all over Detox? Detox has nothing to do with you staying, Phi Phi. The conversation was over and it just loving fell out of her mouth. Like she can't help but poo poo on someone. Like vomit from a bulimic.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Don't think you can edit out how delusional Phi Phi was on this season.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
"Ooh bitch... Phi Phi is playing a little motherfucking game"

That was like reality TV heroin.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Kicked Throat posted:

"Ooh bitch... Phi Phi is playing a little motherfucking game"

That was like reality TV heroin.

That was my favorite Tati moment.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

curiousTerminal posted:

Did Todrick even say anything this episode

He had a line during the critiques. I forgot what it was, but it was something positive.

Also, I agreed with Phi Phi's exit comment about Alyssa going back on how she would vote. Phi Phi did have a stronger run than Roxxy. But yes, Phi Phi needs to work on her demons, and unfortunately with two public strikes against her I don't know how easy it would be to get a second chance at redemption.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

garthoneeye posted:

She sang that jumping from car to car thing.

What is this? Should I know because I didn't get why everyone cracked up?

So glad Tatianna is back! :swoon:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Had to share this bonus clip with y'all: The Queens reveal photos of their first time in drag :allears:

I'm not a super big fan of her but Coco's confessionals never fail to crack me up.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Chaotic Flame posted:

What is this? Should I know because I didn't get why everyone cracked up?

So glad Tatianna is back! :swoon:

It's based on stories from redditors that went to viewing parties with the queens. Apparently Phi Phi's song was a hit with the other queens and they were were singing it backstage.

One of the many things that we miss out on without Untucked :mad:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

They don't even have untucked on YouTube this season?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Seems like what would usually be the Untucked content is folded into the show because of the change in format. Instead of just taking a break and chillin out backstage, they politic and deliberate on who to send home.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Oraculum Animi posted:

He had a line during the critiques. I forgot what it was, but it was something positive.

He complemented Detox's comedy routine.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
He also said he'd always turn up for Phi Phi's nails. That was it, I think

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
he also did some really funny "I am working really hard judging this" movements during the lsfyl

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

endolithic posted:

It's based on stories from redditors that went to viewing parties with the queens. Apparently Phi Phi's song was a hit with the other queens and they were were singing it backstage.

One of the many things that we miss out on without Untucked :mad:

That must've been all the noise I kept hearing in the background during the one-on-ones.

the truth posted:

They don't even have untucked on YouTube this season?

No and it's a shame!

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Untucked should be the eliminated queens bored out of their minds and griping about things back at the hotel.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I don't know if it's been covered here or not but apparently PhiPhi quit drag entirely now. For real this time.

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Lol @ Ginger saying she would have volunteered to go home if Alyssa had chosen Katya. It's reaaaaaaaaaaaal easy to get those brownie points now that she didn't have to actually go through with it.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Speed Crazy posted:

Lol @ Ginger saying she would have volunteered to go home if Alyssa had chosen Katya. It's reaaaaaaaaaaaal easy to get those brownie points now that she didn't have to actually go through with it.

How dare you eliminate me! I would have quit if you had eliminated my opponent! I'm Katya's best friend apparently!

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

This week's extra clips reveal that Ginger admits that she was being extra and that she talked it out with Alyssa.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Goodness Tati is beautiful. Also smart and wicked and great TV, of course, but man, she's just a joy to look at. I don't remember her being quite so surreally gorgeous on her season -- she grew up really well, unlike some people I could mention.

Flyinglemur posted:

I don't know if it's been covered here or not but apparently PhiPhi quit drag entirely now. For real this time.
Jesus CHRIST Phi Phi. (we've said that a lot at my house this season.)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finally caught up with the last two episodes. Jesus, what a rollercoaster. Oh, Phi Phi. :( Still love you, but GGGGG. Quit worrying about other people and do you. Unless "you" is constantly bitching about what other people are doing...

But at least Tati's back!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Part of me wonders if Phi Phi's problem with not being able to play to the audience comes from her belief she was promised a redemption edit.
One of the things editing can do is make someone look like they are on the right side of an argument. The showgirls-party city argument was started by Sharon attacking Phi Phi on the runway when Phi Phi was offstage and Sharon was the first to start with name calling. But the editors already had the audience on Sharon's side.
Phi Phi may have been doing that mind game bullshit and actively participating/instigating arguments because she was feeling secure she would come out on the good side in the edit because of her redemption promise.
If that's true she needed to realize that producer's will always go with the easiest storyline they have and WoW is certainly not a company unwilling to burn bridges with former contestants.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Phi Phi's main problem was thinking she can strong-arm people into following her very tactical agenda to use Ru's perceived critique as the only elimination decision criteria and subsequently thinking she is somehow owed or slighted or victimized when she feels people don't follow her self-imposed rules If she could have kept that out of her mind she might have been able to maintain the veneer of niceness long enough to not provide a bitchy footage buffet for the editors.

I've not read any spoilers but at this point it would be nice if Tatiana wins given the plight of the average early season queen.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I honestly do think Phi Phi is talented, but I'd trade her for Alyssa and Tatianna any day

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
PhiPhi's still at it on facebook and now she's apparently NOT quitting drag and everyone is a bunch of lying liars who are out to get her and Zzzzz......

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
girl needs to take a break from the internet

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Troposphere posted:

girl needs to take a break from the internet

needs to go back to just posting photos to her 365 days of drag project that was winning her fans and goodwill on the daily.

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

garthoneeye posted:

Part of me wonders if Phi Phi's problem with not being able to play to the audience comes from her belief she was promised a redemption edit.
Phi Phi may have been doing that mind game bullshit and actively participating/instigating arguments because she was feeling secure she would come out on the good side in the edit because of her redemption promise.
If that's true she needed to realize that producer's will always go with the easiest storyline they have and WoW is certainly not a company unwilling to burn bridges with former contestants.

I agree with you, and the producers are especially not going to give you a redemption storyline if 1) There are others who have a better redemption arc (like Tatiana) and 2) no one is stepping into the "villain" role.
I doubt that Phi Phi was 'promised' a redemption edit because what producer would promise that before shooting starts, but I guarantee that she was told that she would have the opportunity to redeem herself. The fact that she still played the game the way she did unfortunately didn't support that.
I honestly think that Phi Phi came into this competition ready to do great and redeem herself. But she can't stop making little shady comments and throwing doubt onto other contestants. Like, I don't think it was her being strategic when she takes someone aside to tell them that she's worried about what they are planning to do (like she did to Roxxxy in Snatch Game); I think it's honestly just her verbal diarrhea that she can't control. And the producers are behind the cameras thinking "poo poo yeah, we can work with this, we thought we were in trouble when Detox wasn't giving us any shade."
I think there is probably a little manipulation going on. It's one thing if everyone is making lovely comments to each other and they only show you doing it, but the way she walked off after elimination and refused to hug Alyssa was super awkward and very 'sore loser-y' and that obviously wasn't edited beyond what she herself did. It's stuff like that that makes me think that maybe she is getting a bad edit but the stuff they are showing her say is stuff that she actually said. This competition (like all, I guess) can bring out the worst in people and I think Phi Phi is a perfect example of that.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
A simple and elegant "I don't think I got a fair edit on the show but I wish everyone there luck. Looking forward to working with my sisters in the future." and then DROP IT would have probably been a more positive spin than "I didn't get a very good edit...AND ALSO loving ETC ETC ETC" for two weeks straight. At some point the high road is definitely the right answer.

On the other hand, here we are still talking about her so

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
So can someone please explain their love of Tatianna? I've gone through the past few pages of posters explaining how happy they are to have her back and I just go "huh"? I've never found her funny for more than a line or a look, her drag feels low rent, and she comes off more bitchy than PhiPhi (ok, not this past episode PhiPhi).

Did I miss an episode or something?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Belial42 posted:

So can someone please explain their love of Tatianna? I've gone through the past few pages of posters explaining how happy they are to have her back and I just go "huh"? I've never found her funny for more than a line or a look, her drag feels low rent, and she comes off more bitchy than PhiPhi (ok, not this past episode PhiPhi).

Did I miss an episode or something?

I've been convincing myself that people are falling for her redemption story, because I can't find anything particularly impressive about her either.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.

criscodisco posted:

I've been convincing myself that people are falling for her redemption story, because I can't find anything particularly impressive about her either.

But I don't even see a story there. She's better than she was on season 2, six years ago. Her poetry thing had a fun moment or two. I don't think she's a bad queen, just not all-star material. She hasn't had a look or performance that's blown me away. I'd love to find a reason to root for her, instead I'm just mad I don't get to see the crazy stuff PhiPhi was pulling out on the runway.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

For me, it's partially that I've always had a soft spot for Tati and I like seeing how much she's improved.

The big thing for me however is attitude. She gives fun confessionals, she doesn't get defensive about her missteps, and when she left she expressed disappointment and feelings that Roxxxy was spared due to friendships but she didn't express bitterness.

Plus, she's so loving pretty it's ridiculous.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Her Britney was leg and dairy legendary.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

criscodisco posted:

This is how I feel about Roxxxy who has managed to turn me around from thinking she was a bad person to she's pretty and... Well, at least she's pretty. I did fully appreciate her talking head segment about Phi Phi's facecrack, though. Solid rudemption right there.

gandlethorpe posted:

Her Britney was leg and dairy legendary.
Definitely the moment when I started taking Tati seriously. Legit comedy chops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
I just think it's so stupid to badmouth RuPaul when Ru is the reason you are making money doing drag. Quit the internet, Phi Phi.

• Locked thread