Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
how do you get CCCaster-enabled Melty Blood legally and how many hundreds of dollars does it cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

To get a legal non-steam copy you've got to buy a Carnival Phantasm blu-ray that I think at launch was in the 100 dollar range, and now looks to have rocketed up to about 300 dollars.

That said though, last I checked, the Carnival Phantasm set isn't tournament standard anymore because the steam version is more arcade accurate. I don't know the total changes, I just know that there's some characters who have some issues.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Also, I remember when Melty Blood on Steam first came out the CCCaster guy tweeted about implementing his netcode into the Steam version. Has any more news or even a potential timeframe come out about the update?

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

burger time posted:

Anyone going to CEOtaku this weekend? I entered KOF, UNIEL, Xrd, Melty, and Nitroplus. PM me if you want to play casuals in any of those games (I'm pretty focused on the first two though).

Is this being streamed? Always want more of that uniel to watch

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

I've never played Blazblue and assume it's phased out in popularity now that GGXrdR is a thing but was it any good? I kind of never got the chance to get into it and assumed it was similar to GGXX mechanics, but I never started playing because I always thought the character designs were really really bad (like even more anime than GG and in worse ways) and full of infinite clone characters like nu-13 and lamba 5 and whatever the gently caress those idiotic robot things are. Guilty Gear was always at least one game I could play without lazy clone characters, unless you count Holy Order Sol who was more of a prototype with a weird gimmick.

HOS's jump is the hop from king of fighters and I think that defines the character more than the charge gauge. He's super cool and unique even by GG standards imo

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

burger time posted:

Anyone going to CEOtaku this weekend? I entered KOF, UNIEL, Xrd, Melty, and Nitroplus. PM me if you want to play casuals in any of those games (I'm pretty focused on the first two though).

me

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

Serenade posted:

Is this being streamed? Always want more of that uniel to watch

It will be! At least top 8. Keep an eye out on ehubs and shoryuken for schedule

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

FanaticalMilk posted:

Also, I remember when Melty Blood on Steam first came out the CCCaster guy tweeted about implementing his netcode into the Steam version. Has any more news or even a potential timeframe come out about the update?

No news or timeframe, other than that it's still gonna happen.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

burger time posted:

I'll be there. I'm entering Skullgirls. I also signed up for AH3 but I haven't touched that game in well over a year. I'm just going to mash homing a lot and hope something good happens.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
steam version of melty blood has balance changes but apparently it is more correct to the latest arcade version compared to the carnival phantasm version

melty blood is a good game

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
remember when people were making GBS threads on mb steam cause it had different frame data than cp

good times

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx

MinibarMatchman posted:

I've never played Blazblue and assume it's phased out in popularity now that GGXrdR is a thing but was it any good? I kind of never got the chance to get into it and assumed it was similar to GGXX mechanics, but I never started playing because I always thought the character designs were really really bad (like even more anime than GG and in worse ways) and full of infinite clone characters like nu-13 and lamba 5 and whatever the gently caress those idiotic robot things are. Guilty Gear was always at least one game I could play without lazy clone characters, unless you count Holy Order Sol who was more of a prototype with a weird gimmick.

Calamity Trigger was trash but it's been steadily improving over time. CPEX was excellent and the new one CF is a really solid game so far. I prefer it to Xrd.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Chickenfrogman posted:

Calamity Trigger was trash but it's been steadily improving over time. CPEX was excellent and the new one CF is a really solid game so far. I prefer it to Xrd.

it would be almost impossible to do anything but improve from ct

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I got vsav on Fightcade working and Talbain is extremely cool. I'm gonna join some Punch the Ballots!!! Yeah!!!!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

remember when people were making GBS threads on mb steam cause it had different frame data than cp

good times

In fairness that was when people thought those were bugs from a broken port, then ArcSys confirmed they were balance changes and the port turned out to be great and people stopped.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
rate my tier list

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reiley posted:

I got vsav on Fightcade working and Talbain is extremely cool. I'm gonna join some Punch the Ballots!!! Yeah!!!!

Vsav is my favorite Capcom game

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

rate my tier list

Yeah that's accurate

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

In Training posted:

Vsav is my favorite Capcom game

I stayed up way too late playing and I had a great time, I think it's my new favorite now too.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
I like VSav, but it's one of the games that I hate playing online despite loving it offline, along with Alpha 2 and UMvC3.

My execution is already taxed enough playing it offline that even the slightest online lag makes me unable to do anything I want.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Shiki Dan posted:

I like VSav, but it's one of the games that I hate playing online despite loving it offline, along with Alpha 2 and UMvC3.

My execution is already taxed enough playing it offline that even the slightest online lag makes me unable to do anything I want.

tech hit online means you have to be pretty familiar with everything

tenraiha online makes me not want to play

the ds chronicles or whatever port on the xbox360/ps3 made me realize how dumpy the fba emulation was

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
MELTY WINS

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I've been having a great time playing Fightcade games, below I've assembled a list of my favorites in descending order:
#1 Vampire Savior #1
CYBERBOTS!!!!
SamShoVSp or whichever
Jojo's once I figured out how it works
Third Strike is very intimidating
Last Blade 2

Will Punch the Ballot repeat games? I think I watched most of these being played but they are very fun. Anyways that's my post.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Reiley posted:

I've been having a great time playing Fightcade games, below I've assembled a list of my favorites in descending order:
#1 Vampire Savior #1
CYBERBOTS!!!!
SamShoVSp or whichever
Jojo's once I figured out how it works
Third Strike is very intimidating
Last Blade 2

Will Punch the Ballot repeat games? I think I watched most of these being played but they are very fun. Anyways that's my post.

whats your opinion on super turbo

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

cloofish posted:

whats your opinion on super turbo

Beloved Genesis game, have not played it again as an adult yet.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Riesbyfe is too good for this world.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Reiley posted:

Give it a try on Fightcade then. If you like fast gameplay with good normals and powerful attacks then there's nothing better. Well except for Hyper Fighting imo, but there's much more people playing ST.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My favorite trait in a fighting game is movement. I love Jon Talbain because he moves really good, I love boosting around in Blodia and I haven't entirely figured it out yet but I really like Rera's wolf-riding movement in SamSho. The first game I put serious competitive effort into was TF2 and I was a Soldier, and Smash Pikachu is probably one of the most highly-mobile fighting characters I've ever played. I don't think going back and trying ST again would scratch the mobility itch, unless I pick up Vega I suppose.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Reiley posted:

My favorite trait in a fighting game is movement.

You should do the MB Punch the Ballot then, if you're not doing it already.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Where's the option to play "Floor is Lava The Videogame"?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Saoshyant posted:

This is a cool and good post.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Saoshyant posted:

finally its time to play divekick again

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIFBowxpQXY

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Reiley posted:

My favorite trait in a fighting game is movement. I love Jon Talbain because he moves really good, I love boosting around in Blodia and I haven't entirely figured it out yet but I really like Rera's wolf-riding movement in SamSho. The first game I put serious competitive effort into was TF2 and I was a Soldier, and Smash Pikachu is probably one of the most highly-mobile fighting characters I've ever played. I don't think going back and trying ST again would scratch the mobility itch, unless I pick up Vega I suppose.

ST Claw is god tier iirc

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

A.o.D. posted:

This is a cool and good post.

Furthermore, it is my opinion that Sean Payton must be fired.

Falcons game toxx or something earlier?

Buffis
Apr 29, 2006

I paid for this
Fallen Rib

Reiley posted:

Super turbo was not released for genesis

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Reiley posted:

I don't have a written rule per say. But in my mind a game can repeat. However, if it wins twice in a row or in a short period of time, it will be retired from the ballot for a few weeks.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Reiley posted:

My favorite trait in a fighting game is movement.

Why are you playing anything that isn't mvc2

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
sfv is a bowel movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Reiley posted:

If you love movement then the more time you put into jojos the more you will probably enjoy it. The game has a ridiculous amount of movement options and many characters have their own unique ways of moving around.