Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
1. What are the two slots beside each battleship in the team setup section of the intermission menu in Z3? I can't seem to do anything with them.

2. How do I input the code that came with my copy of Z3.2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

BlitzBlast posted:

I can relate with Ryusei's despair in that story.

I relate with Aya's, after seeing you talk about the GX-Bits. :v:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

BB's obsession with GX and GX accessories is second to none.

If only I could be so dedicated to my favorite robots.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Verranicus posted:

1. What are the two slots beside each battleship in the team setup section of the intermission menu in Z3? I can't seem to do anything with them.

2. How do I input the code that came with my copy of Z3.2?

There's a row of slots that are all for battleships. Then there's a second set of pairs before the big main lump. The second set that are just one column are for units that are force deployed. If anything goes there and can't be paired with someone it'll say "FIXED" or something, and if they can then you can just put any unit in the back seat.

To enter the code you have to go to the Japanese PSN and make an account and then one of the option near the bottom of the list on the left will be to enter codes. Normally it's for PSN cards. If you google how to put money into/ make a JP PSN there should be pictures for reference.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

Rob is the nerdiest of all the techs by far and I'm glad he got to live the dream working for the SRX team.
The SRX Team is basically a gang of nerds and dorks employed by the military and manage to get poo poo done.

Okay, Kirk Hamill is pretty much their token normal member, but still.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

BB's obsession with GX and GX accessories is second to none.

I only regret that I didn't have the strength of will to get, build, and detail 12 overpriced as hell GX-Bits. :negative:

No, instead I just got two.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Considering that Yon will probably be Calvina's forever backup, should I bother getting her continuous action first? or should I just grab focused attack so that their team becomes even more deadly? Since you can only get one Continuous action per turn per unit, and all.

I should probably spread the love around and give more of my dudes a chance to fight and level, but... There are a bunch of cool dudes I want to use now, since my last OG game was OG2, but not a lot of room to deploy them. I would probably be willing to drop the ATX team, Ibis, and the school kids entirely if it weren't for secrets. Well maybe not Arado. But last stage I realized that Latooni was my lowest level pilot, and getting a kill with cheer got her 4 levels, so I'm not too worried about bringing people up to par if force deployed.

Also, Yon just became my first Ace. On stage 16. The other pilots I've been feeding kills to constantly are behind by like 15 each. Jesus, being Calvina's backup is rewarding as gently caress.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ashsaber posted:

Considering that Yon will probably be Calvina's forever backup, should I bother getting her continuous action first? or should I just grab focused attack so that their team becomes even more deadly? Since you can only get one Continuous action per turn per unit, and all.

You are half right. It is true that you can only get one Continuous Action per turn per unit. But that is not per TWIN. You can have Calvina get a kill and get a Continuous Action proc. Switch Yon to infront and then she can get a Continuous Action proc and then you can switch back to Calvina in front for a third action that turn. Get continuous action on everybody.

Re. catchup levelling: SRW is really good about that. If you don't use someone and they're force deployed, give them a bit of an upgrade and they'll soon catchup.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 27, 2016

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yon was a really good backup for Calvina until she got the Brigandi, at which point Sally became her best friend for life.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You can put almost anybody in that robot so you can put anyone on the Calvina powerlevelling team.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

EthanSteele posted:

You can put almost anybody in that robot so you can put anyone on the Calvina powerlevelling team.

Given that the first route split is going to be taking all the people I'm intentionally feeding kills to, and Yon is almost at 70 kills already, by around scenario 20, it will probably be my powerlevelling hot-seat pretty soon. .

Any good non-obvious twins? I figured out that Soulsaber FF goes well with the Exbein Gunner, after finding the GG+Grungust type 3 could never reach combat, and ended up pairing Gilliam's Gespenst with the Hyperlion once I realized they had relatively similar ranges on several weapons.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I paired the Brigandy with the Hyperion. Long range, disgustingly long-range posts and P-ALLs (Ibis only gets 3 of them though), and they're extremely fast. Also I aced them both early and when I get aces I start shifting them over to weakening and boss duty and deliberately getting others kills. (Calvina is still my number 1.)

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I just got to the ATX route split stage where I have to protect the MP Huckebeins. I proceeded to spend the next hour or so banging my head against a wall while the Huckebeins went to great pains to suicide themselves on Debudedabide, only to give up and turn the game off for a while.

This is almost as bad as OGG stage 35.

Almost.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

SRW stream coming Oct 5th.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Will it include more SRW V information?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Pureauthor posted:

What is want is some news of OG DLC with the first half of W (and possibly Cobray).

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

That's more than likely what'll be shown.

Unless Moon Dwellers is getting a Super Golden Special Delicious Deluxe Edition.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I just played Infinite Battle and it's even worse than I thought.

Ashsaber posted:

Given that the first route split is going to be taking all the people I'm intentionally feeding kills to, and Yon is almost at 70 kills already, by around scenario 20, it will probably be my powerlevelling hot-seat pretty soon. .

Any good non-obvious twins? I figured out that Soulsaber FF goes well with the Exbein Gunner, after finding the GG+Grungust type 3 could never reach combat, and ended up pairing Gilliam's Gespenst with the Hyperlion once I realized they had relatively similar ranges on several weapons.

I think you got the letters for the Soulsabers the wrong way round on that, but yeah, until Akimi learns quicken he's going to have trouble getting to a fight. Katina in the Type 3 has quicken too which is why she's such a good fit for it.

Super GG + Compatikaiser have mook destroying ALLs for days but he'll need a +range part to be able to do the Overkaiser sword at the same range as her finisher, but she doesn't get that for a pretty long time anyway.

Hokuto posted:

I just got to the ATX route split stage where I have to protect the MP Huckebeins. I proceeded to spend the next hour or so banging my head against a wall while the Huckebeins went to great pains to suicide themselves on Debudedabide, only to give up and turn the game off for a while.

This is almost as bad as OGG stage 35.

Almost.

If its the one I'm thinking of they murdered themselves the first two times and then after not doing anything differently they didn't even get scratched on the third attempt. The one that really ruined my life was the Super Soulsaber stage where those guys chill out for two turns and then on the third turn start attacking the boss for guaranteed suicide even at full health.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

EthanSteele posted:

I just played Infinite Battle and it's even worse than I thought.

I think you got the letters for the Soulsabers the wrong way round on that, but yeah, until Akimi learns quicken he's going to have trouble getting to a fight. Katina in the Type 3 has quicken too which is why she's such a good fit for it.

Super GG + Compatikaiser have mook destroying ALLs for days but he'll need a +range part to be able to do the Overkaiser sword at the same range as her finisher, but she doesn't get that for a pretty long time anyway.

Yeah, not sure how I got that confused, but Akimi just got that in the last mission I did. I'm not sure whether I should go for GG or FF for the most part though.

Also, do Rai and Aya get forced into battle in the R-2 and R-3 without being able to use the SRX at all? If not I'm probably just going to skip combat skills and just give them like Meditate and SP-up, or the like.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Rai and Aya are never force deployed except for that one mission where they get auto combined into SRX so you're safe to SP battery them.

I went with GG over FF because a cool ranged super is a role I don't have compared to the FF (which also doesn't have an ALL attack until it gets the upgrade) which is comparable to every other punchy super I have. I find her ace bonus better too because it's an extra spell vs 5 extra will to start. Just make sure to get some +move on her because being only 5 movement is a real problem. Soulsaber counts as red for Katina's ace so it gets +1 move and 5% extra damage if in her team too if that's your deal. I'm gonna try Katina in Yuuki's thing + the GG next run for the ultimate red team that shoots a lot.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Axel has rivalry bonuses with a bunch of people, who often get the same bonus from him. I paired him with Lamia in the Gespenst Haken and they were critting constantly. The AngelG is not a good pair for the Soulgain though. Kyosuke would probably be a good option too.

The Soulsaber-GG and the Sexbein are both very good snipers with ALL weapons, Ing can move them into position with continuous action and Akemi can hit & away to safety afterwards. Ing rarely needs to cast spirits to hit, so you can put Akemi's Twin Spirit to good use and earn tons of PP wiping squads with them.

Ryukooh + Pachinko Kaiser gives you two multipilot units with awaken and hot blood in separate pilots. Together they are easily as good as the SRX at dishing out tons of damage quick.

The Garmraid Blaze and the Armorlion both have ABBA terrain ranks so you can save an A-Adapter for someone else if you pair them together.

The Excellence Rescue works well with any of your ladies who have SP Regen, particularly Mai who regens more SP than other pilots thanks to her ace bonus, but Alfimi will also do. Deathpenis can boost everyone's Will during turn 1, then your other pilot will have regenerated their SP by the time you get to the boss.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I paired Axel and Touma which wasn't optimal but felt thematically appropriate for puncbots.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I found Sanger and Axel a good match, though I think I had to give Axel the Haro CPU to keep up with the world's second fastest man. Every stage was opened by them running up to somebody and rocket punching them. Not as optimal as Kyosuke + Sanger but if you ain't bringin the gambler then its a good time all the same.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I got past the "stop MP Huckebeins from suiciding themselves" skill point (the first one apparently??) and got to the "must feed immobile Granteed 5 kills" skill point. This one wasn't really all that bad. If anything, I found it entertaining because the most intuitive way to achieve the skill point is to clump everybody in a death ball and wait for things to come to you, just like in J. :allears:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Hokuto posted:

I got past the "stop MP Huckebeins from suiciding themselves" skill point (the first one apparently??) and got to the "must feed immobile Granteed 5 kills" skill point. This one wasn't really all that bad. If anything, I found it entertaining because the most intuitive way to achieve the skill point is to clump everybody in a death ball and wait for things to come to you, just like in J. :allears:

Just finished the MP hucky suicide squad mission myself. I lost the first time due to not realizing I needed two Confuses, and not setting up appropriately as a result. The second time there was only like one that got hit, ever, and by turn 3 they would have needed like three more turns to get in range of anything. I consider it pretty much my greatest tactical achievement in any SRPG.

And, oh boy, now for a few Skill points that probably won't boil down to figuring out where to send Calvina to kill everything.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Hokuto posted:

I found that one annoying because I couldn't move the battleship either and the enemies really wanted to blow it up! There's another protect the NPC allies on Touya's starting route and those guys are really well behaved so its a bit weird that the later one has them be so suicidal.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 30, 2016

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, I just reached the stage where the Soulsaber gets its upgrade. I think I'm just going to ignore the SR point this time. I just want the cash/exp/etc.

Also, now that I've gotten this far I think I've seen two of the secret units I'll get in NG+. The biggest, baddest Zorovok boss mech and the lovely plane 2.0, slightly less lovely edition that just turned up? Is that right? And is the third one useful at all?

E: Oh, its the evil school kids mech from OGS2. Okay. Well the secrets aren't as cool as stuff like Vysaga and ForteGigas but they're pretty neat regardless.

Ashsaber fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 3, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Moon Dwellers soundtrack is out I guess.

Would it kill them to put out a digital version of their soundtracks one of these days?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Ashsaber posted:

So, I just reached the stage where the Soulsaber gets its upgrade. I think I'm just going to ignore the SR point this time. I just want the cash/exp/etc.

Also, now that I've gotten this far I think I've seen two of the secret units I'll get in NG+. The biggest, baddest Zorovok boss mech and the lovely plane 2.0, slightly less lovely edition that just turned up? Is that right? And is the third one useful at all?

Nope! The Kerbelion is about as good as the Cylion ie: better than the plane and the MP Huckebein but not by much. If you got one of each flavour and they had a combo attack no matter who you put in them, even if its garbage, then at least you'd get a super melee focused one, a jamming one and a reason to use one over anything else you have except the plane and a naked robot.

The thing with that stage's SR point is the things you have to protect ramp up their activity. They start off doing nothing and then on turn 3 or 4 they start going wild and trying to suicide on the boss. It's not too hard if they're still alive by the time reinforcement come because then you can more freely use spells to heal them and cast confuse, but there is still a time limit on it because the boss will probably one shot the little plane one. On Hard I think he does it by 150 damage with a crit at max will maybe? It's rough.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Moon Dwellers soundtrack is out I guess.

Would it kill them to put out a digital version of their soundtracks one of these days?

Maybe it'll show up randomly on itunes in ten years like the Super Robot Spirits stuff!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Trip Report: having ignored those Feddies who were just too suicidal I powered through to Moon 32. Calvina with Sally has become death, destroyer of twins, and will only get more so since Calvina could afford will limit break and focused attack, and while Sally probably needs a few stages before she can get continuous action I'm glad her ace bonus means I don't have to worry much about her survival come boss time.

I was quite prepared for Touya's upgrade debut to be quite underwhelming after 'Calvina wrecks the boss in two shots', but he spent the stage yelling Mudada like he wanted to be DIO and scored like 15 or more kills, getting him into my like 5 top aces. Sad he won't get his finisher for a while, but I think I'm fine with him as he is.

I really need to readjust my perception to deal with more and more of my guys getting Valor. I had thought that the game might be underestimating the miniboss's prevail on 31 when I lined up a couple of supports to use their finishers, and the game recommended Sally, and both supports just use their weakest weapons, but Calvina did way more damage than I expected, and outright killed him herself.

Fighting a boss with two event units ten levels lower than it was not to fun.

Nearly got the Brigandy its FUB, then I'll probably move on to the Leonisis Vigra/Varga/Vatever, then the Ashsaber. Then maybe SRX?

And I'm not sure of the effects of Larsilam. the game makes it sound like double image by another name, but akurasu makes it sound like it just makes you ignore repeated targeting effects?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
AKurasu has had a couple things that have just been straight up wrong in regards to MD. Larseilam could be both things, but it is definitely double image at least.

Touya's upgrade stage is so J it hurts, a whole bunch of enemies dashing themselves on the rocks that is the invincible big boy. Dracodeus is really good but the game still pulls some stuff with him to make it so he can't join in on some stages.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Gai's Aestivalis is a Super now. Just like he always dreamed it would be.

(poor money handling + a spare super alloy z alpha = fun times)

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Sordas Volantyr posted:

(poor money handling + a spare super alloy z alpha = fun times)

It's not poor money handling if it makes dreams come true.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just in case them saying it's coming overseas in English wasn't convincing you, PS4's Gundam Versus is now confirmed to have an Asian English release.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Now we just wait for the NA announcement.

If they do a NA version and they have to cut out songs, it would be nice if there were custom BGM slots so I don't have to overwrite songs in order to have BEYOND THE TIME and Anime Ja Nai in the game.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
VS Force stuck to instrumentals and didn't have any opening songs or anything that would need a license, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for the international versions.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Please, please tell me there are no more escort missions after the Soulsaber FF stage.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
There are no more escort missions after the Super Soulsaber stage. That's it, it's over.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

There's still a very lovely SR point later (Stage 44 IIRC) but it is not half as sadistic as that garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I elected to pass on the Super Soul Saber skill point.

Picture this: I was one turn away from ending things off, all mooks are dead so everything's good... and then this half HP escort decides to zip across the lake to attack Vought (who only targets Akimi) and gets himself wrecked.

Yeah, no.

• Locked thread