Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JazzFlight posted:

Wow, just on an Arrow-unrelated note, that's got to be a full-time job just writing up those call sheet pages, right? That's got so much info on it, it's making me sweat thinking if I was responsible for managing that.

You need to have more faith in yourself, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Production sets are complicated things with way more moving parts than most realize and the "below the line" talent is really unappreciated.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Flashpoint is going to make this season even more of a dumpster fire than it already is and it's fantastic.

It's even better if Flashpoint Ollie and Laurel are a happy couple and Laurel's dead again after it's undone. I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They put out a trailer for the new season and everything looks pretty much the same.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, my assumption has been all along that the happy Flashpoint alternate reality will last for like half an episode before Barry starts dealing with all the previously established stuff that get pissed off when you gently caress with the time line and then he "corrects" it within half a dozen episodes if not 1-3.

Which would allow them to change a few things and leave a perpetual "anything can happen" later aspect as well as take the other shows off the hook for any Flashpoint changes unless they really want them (like bringing Laurel back from the dead, but I imagine they could just use her on Flash and Legends if they really wanted to and wait a season to resurrect her).

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Wow, just on an Arrow-unrelated note, that's got to be a full-time job just writing up those call sheet pages, right? That's got so much info on it, it's making me sweat thinking if I was responsible for managing that.

I write up call sheets and shot lists for my projects at work and it's kinda easy. I always just go over them twice at least to make sure I didn't forget anything.

In fact I have to write another one on Monday, yay. But yeah it gives me a little anxiety. But I'm lucky because my boss is chill about mistakes.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chokes McGee posted:

Flashpoint is going to make this season even more of a dumpster fire than it already is and it's fantastic.

It's even better if Flashpoint Ollie and Laurel are a happy couple and Laurel's dead again after it's undone. I would laugh and laugh and laugh.

I am like 90% certain they've said that Flashpoint is confined to The Flash. As it turns out there isn't all that much overlap in viewership between Arrow and Flash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Flash is mostly Glee fans who just want Barry and his sister to hook up.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Ringer wrote a nice appreciation of Berlanti's DC empire this week.

quote:

I remember Greg and (Andrew Kriesberg) were working on Arrow Episode 11 or 12 in that first year, and Greg said, ‘We should do a spinoff.’ … I literally said out loud, ‘You want to do another show? We can’t even do this show!’

Oh you don't say :mmmhmm:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Flash is mostly Glee fans who just want Barry and his sister to hook up.

Nah it's ok and not creepy because :biotruths:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

haaahahahahahaha holy shiiiiiiiiiiit

Well, at least it's not just us!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/780504124660051969

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Please come back to murder Felicity.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That's actually the first 2 comments.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

My feeling is that it's not Manu in the costume which is a bummer

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It's not that Felicity the character is terrible; it's just that every scene she's in is a total bummer that sucks the life out of the show. If they could just stop doing that part, they would be fine.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Felicity the character is terrible.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I stopped watching this show some seasons ago and it's funny because back then most of you liked Felicity and now apparently she is The Worst

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

I stopped watching this show some seasons ago and it's funny because back then most of you liked Felicity and now apparently she is The Worst

She used to be a good character, but now she is a bad character

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Twist: It's Felicity wearing the Deathstroke costume

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Zzulu posted:

That is the correct response to have, though. Back in season 1 and 2 she was fun as the sidekick and the comic relief. Then she became the dramatic female lead/love interest and the writers completely changed the way they wrote her character.

She's not the only one who's suffered, however, but she's probably the most notable because she gets such a huge percentage of the screentime now. Malcolm also used to be awesome early on before they completely ruined him and now he sucks and desperately needs to be killed off for good.

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Sep 27, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

omg chael crash posted:

My feeling is that it's not Manu in the costume which is a bummer

At least we got this

https://twitter.com/manubennett/status/780743391415971840

:allears:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25eZwRNYsh0

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Finally seems like we get some Bratva background

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

Finally seems like we get some Bratva background

Still seems like a stretch that he learns fluent Russian and becomes a trusted member of the Bratva in less than a year before he goes back to the island and grows his beard.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Back for Season 5, hopefully better than Season 4.

Saw a new promo, so is Murder Arrow is back?

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Sweet, Cutty is in the new season. Also, more murder. That's 2 for 2 so far.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Moon posted:

Back for Season 5, hopefully better than Season 4.

Saw a new promo, so is Murder Arrow is back?

More importantly Salmon ladder back!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

that looks really promising

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

I can't wait to see their butchery of language to compound to Felicidrama and "stop killing killing bad".
Also, it's bratva, not bratva.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Witchfinder General

The new promos at least make it look promising.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bratva, Wild Dog, suited salmon laddering. Okay, I'm in.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Was that Dolph loving Lundgren I saw?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yep, he's in the flashback story I think.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Dolph Lundgren, Cutty, Stardust, Murder Ollie, Bratva. I hope beyond hope that this season lives up to the hype I have for it right now.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Bratva, the new "artificial crab" filler in the proverbial sushi roll Arrow show. Awesome. Can't wait to see more shootouts in warehouses behind empty milk crates!

R-Type fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 29, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Dolph Lundgren, Cutty, Stardust, Murder Ollie, Bratva. I hope beyond hope that this season lives up to the hype I have for it right now.

How many times are we going to have to do this before we learn :eng99:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Sir Potato posted:

Your hope will be destroyed, organically.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sir Potato posted:

Chokes McGee posted:

How many times are we going to have to do this before we learn :eng99:

Arrow must break you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Sir Potato posted:

Dolph Lundgren

Hes got a nose for crime.

• Locked thread