Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tenzarin posted:

Thanks mom for letting me live in this bunker room forever without leaving.

At least there's no pineapple and vagina/tentacle action this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

My favorite trope so far is the master doesn't want Eph turned, yet every single time Eph confronts one of them he has to defend himself from attack.

"I'm not going to turn you, I want you to suffer!!!!!" Immediately followed by the creature speaking the master's words launching their mouth thing at him.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This show is full-on dumb again, and I'm not sure if I like it more this way or not.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Did they ever explain why the Master attacked the plane crew in the very beginning? His plan wasn't in motion yet and it left him ridiculously exposed. Was he just so evil his mere presence in the cargo hold started turning people or something?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

He was hungry after a long flight:shrug:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The elder vampires look retarded

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

The elder vampires look retarded

That's because they were all driven to that spooky underground facility in a bus that was shorter than a regular bus.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
Fortunately they also act retarded so at least it's consistent.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The ancients described in the books were much better imo. Wish they'd stayed perfectly still, roughly man shaped leech/worms that moved incredibly fast only when they needed to.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Love Crime posted:

Did they ever explain why the Master attacked the plane crew in the very beginning? His plan wasn't in motion yet and it left him ridiculously exposed. Was he just so evil his mere presence in the cargo hold started turning people or something?

Yes

When the infected and the "survivors" woke up, they started spreading vampirism throughout the city in a decentralized, hard to control manner. Effectively each person on that plane became his own independent vector.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
And all the not survivors woke up and the morgue and hosed poo poo up.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Love Crime posted:

What this show is really missing is an actor who doesn't know he's in an extremely lovely TV show.

I would watch the gently caress out of this show with commentary tracks of a Christian Bale type actor who tried to make sense of all this bullshit.

Well in a similar sense, I notice that Eph this season is like in his own show, walking in and out of this other show bemusedly, pointedly not participating in everyone's stories. They drag him in somewhere, he bitches, then leaves and doesn't give a poo poo. Like they drag him down to help the blonde lady and he scans her, she's clean and says "I'm having a moment of clarity!"

Eph: "Good." (leaves)

Anyone else might have said "that's great, let's do something, let's get the vampires!" but Eph's like "yeah, whatevs gently caress it I'm going back to the Eph Show" :smug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

Well in a similar sense, I notice that Eph this season is like in his own show, walking in and out of this other show bemusedly, pointedly not participating in everyone's stories. They drag him in somewhere, he bitches, then leaves and doesn't give a poo poo. Like they drag him down to help the blonde lady and he scans her, she's clean and says "I'm having a moment of clarity!"

Eph: "Good." (leaves)

Anyone else might have said "that's great, let's do something, let's get the vampires!" but Eph's like "yeah, whatevs gently caress it I'm going back to the Eph Show" :smug:

I think Eph and hardass blonde city gov chick are gonna hook up.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Just gonna leave this awesome video here.

https://youtu.be/eVGzk3IIqYg

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Love Crime posted:

He probably just killed everybody because of that rule where you're only allowed to have 2/3 of the can of juice no matter how nicely you ask. Flying isn't fun any more.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Octy posted:

I like the idea of having to semi-competently manage things without the Master. He doesn't have quite the same presence, but he does get results.

I like the fact Eichhorst's normally perfect hair is slightly unkempt, something's wrong!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Just gonna leave this awesome video here.

https://youtu.be/eVGzk3IIqYg

Richard Sammel owns.

Also the parody tie ads like Eichorst AirBnB are better than the actual show.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

etalian posted:

Richard Sammel owns.

Also the parody tie ads like Eichorst AirBnB are better than the actual show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg1SUSMHfcY

Holy poo poo.

How did I miss this one?!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg1SUSMHfcY

Holy poo poo.

How did I miss this one?!

Kevin Durand's real voice is so goofy.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRmBKVSYHuQ

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fill the episodes with flashbacks please!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
A period show about hunting Nazi vampires in the 70s has a lot of potential.

Barto
Dec 27, 2004
This episode was really great. I love every episode, but this one really stood out.

Needs more Zack tho.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Lack of Zack makes the show less whack.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

God drat, that was stone cold, Setrakian.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
He shouldn't feel TOO bad.

Dude he dumped in the ocean was a monsterous Nazi eugenics doctor and a vampire.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

etalian posted:

The master keeps on doing the whole super-villain thing of not directly eliminating heroes when he has a chance to take him down.

Eph may be a dumb drunkard but at least by killing/turning him it would be fullproof way of removing a threat off the table.

Yeah but that fits with what they said The Master would do in season 1 if you pissed him off. He doesn't see Eph or his crew as a real threat

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Octy posted:

God drat, that was stone cold, Setrakian.

Agreed. That was harsh to watch

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
They are getting quite cavalier about the worms.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
How did they get the Lumen back from the vampires?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm guessing Eph stole the fake book which they showed in the flashback. The old geezer is wiley.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Shitenshi posted:

How did they get the Lumen back from the vampires?

Vampires barely had it. Wife hands it off to a vampire red shirt who gets immediately shot by Q. It's still on the ground when everyone is staring at each other at the end of the episode.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Well darn, I was giving them too much credit. I thought Mommy vamp had got away with the book but Setrakian had outwitted them all by using a fake. I like my version better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've just announced that next season (4) will be the last. Which makes some sense as the premise has always had a strict beginning and end point.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Bring on the nuclear fire.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

A super slow-mo of the finale would be amazing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

They've just announced that next season (4) will be the last. Which makes some sense as the premise has always had a strict beginning and end point.

I'm surprisingly actually kinda sad to hear this. You would have expected this to be another Under The Dome from the first season but it's actually getting progressively less poo poo with each season. :shobon:

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Yeah, as dumb as the show often is, I really enjoy it. I'd be happy with a few more seasons.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Perfectly fine with it finishing somewhat good instead of meandering into a pile of garbage and then getting canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

MiddleOne posted:

I'm surprisingly actually kinda sad to hear this. You would have expected this to be another Under The Dome from the first season but it's actually getting progressively less poo poo with each season. :shobon:

Same. I'd be on this ride for a few more years. :(

Shbobdb posted:

A period show about hunting Nazi vampires in the 70s has a lot of potential.

I've said it before, but the guy who plays Young Setrakian nails it. Uncanny.

• Locked thread