Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

A human heart posted:

I like the black metal Xibalba better

Henchman of Santa posted:

They have an album with "Poop" in the title lol

Thanks for making me aware of the good Xibalba and their Poop album. Currently listening to it and it loving slays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Gamma Nerd posted:

keldian's big AOR choruses make me cum

Yikes mate.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Vargatron posted:

While I think it's fair to have an opinion on fascism and racism in metal, I think it should be handled outside of this thread to avoid circle jerks. Maybe creating a thread in D&D would be a cool idea to discuss various ideological tendencies in metal.

The D&D forum is even stupider and less informed than this one about metal, so that sounds like a great idea

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

A human heart posted:

The D&D forum is even stupider and less informed than this one about metal, so that sounds like a great idea

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

i prefer the black metal

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Song is awesome! It's got a similar sound to Death Magnetic but there's some songwriting prowess showed here. It's got the world's most Kirk Hammett solo on it too.

But I am a shameful Metallica fanboy so....

By the way: Give this a blasting in honor of Cliff. It's the best performance he ever recorded and well worth your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1RTgznup5c

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
GWAR's take on Hillary vs. Trump was way better than that debate.
https://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=4K8JjIkstKg

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

I'm getting nervous about the production on this album; definitely sounds just a little too clean. I know nobody with a budget ever records stuff in the same room anymore, but ideally it shouldn't sound so obvious. I suppose it's better than unlistenable overcompressed garbage, but still far from ideal.

Also for some reason I kept thinking Lars' tom/snare was a Starbucks cup because of the lighting

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
A tiny reminder that Paul Speckmann rules and I love him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVoDktUOZi0

For some reason I also find it kinda funny that he decided to do a split release with two bands he was in at the time, Master and Abomination.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Metallica needs to mix all of their new and old songs in Howard Stern's little studio room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOSvvdy27I

Holy poo poo that bass, I've never heard it come through like that in any Metallica performance.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
That's just the power of Ampeg, baby.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Finally gonna see Metallica. Been waiting for this since I was fourteen.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I was going to watch Gojira tonight, thought it would be fun if nothing mindblowing. Flying Whales and poo poo, you know? Then the opener, Tesseract, started playing.

I have never, in all my years of going to shows, been turned off on a band so quickly. I say this as a guy with a roommate in a ska band so you can bet I've seen so many white guy reggae bands that it makes me want to vomit. Seriously the most toothless thing I've ever seen or heard live.

Walked out of the show three songs into Tesseract's set and just went home. I mean they got their money out of me so I lost but good god they suck soooooo much.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

A TURGID FATSO posted:

That's just the power of Axe-Fx, baby.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Shakenbaker posted:

I was going to watch Gojira tonight, thought it would be fun if nothing mindblowing. Flying Whales and poo poo, you know? Then the opener, Tesseract, started playing.

I have never, in all my years of going to shows, been turned off on a band so quickly. I say this as a guy with a roommate in a ska band so you can bet I've seen so many white guy reggae bands that it makes me want to vomit. Seriously the most toothless thing I've ever seen or heard live.

Walked out of the show three songs into Tesseract's set and just went home. I mean they got their money out of me so I lost but good god they suck soooooo much.

I know Tesseract sucks and all, but you seriously just left the show and didn't hang out at the bar or stand outside chainsmoking until the bands you wanted to see came on? That's pretty weak, dude.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
yeah that's super lame

i once sat through puya to catch mr bungle on what turned out to be their last tour

you gotta do what you gotta do

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shakenbaker posted:

You skipped an extremely fun live band because you couldn't even sit at the bar for a mediocre band's 45 minutes max lmao

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Shakenbaker posted:

here's a fact for you: Gojira sucks dick too

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i sat through chon to see sikth on their first us tour
nothing against chon but man a band like them following toothgrinder is probably not the best idea

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I mean jesus loving christ, it's just something we as heavy metal fans have to do: there's far more poo poo bands than good ones, and more than likely we'll have to sit through at least ONE bad band to get to ONE good band. You just leaving the show after having already paid your cash just blows my mind.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hulk Krogan posted:

Finally gonna see Metallica. Been waiting for this since I was fourteen.

I saw them in Minneapolis last month and it was a blast. Enjoy it.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Trip report: Metallica owns. gently caress the haters.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I know Tesseract sucks and all, but you seriously just left the show and didn't hang out at the bar or stand outside chainsmoking until the bands you wanted to see came on? That's pretty weak, dude.

In fairness the venue has no re-entry and even PBRs were like $7 a pop. If I could've walked down the block to a cheaper bar and come back I would've waited it out. Or I guess if I'd known how much I'd dislike Tesseract in advance I'd have just got there late, but too late now.

I get what all you guys are saying and I've sat through lots of lovely bands over the years, but I just couldn't deal with it tonight for whatever reason. I'll cop to being dumb though, no argument there.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It's your time and your money. I don't see a reason other people should care.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm getting nervous about the production on this album; definitely sounds just a little too clean. I know nobody with a budget ever records stuff in the same room anymore, but ideally it shouldn't sound so obvious. I suppose it's better than unlistenable overcompressed garbage, but still far from ideal.

Also for some reason I kept thinking Lars' tom/snare was a Starbucks cup because of the lighting

A lot of it boils down to James' terrible rhythm tone

That Diezel needs to be taken out back

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I like Tesseract with their previous interim vocalist on their album Altered States. Was pretty bummed when I went to see them at a festival this summer and found out they refuse to do songs from that album. Everything else by them is pretty boring yeah..

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

funeral fag posted:

A lot of it boils down to James' terrible rhythm tone

That Diezel needs to be taken out back

For me, the drums and vocals are the worst offenders. The drums either sound overdubbed with samples or just recorded REALLY clean. And the vocals have this really obvious echo effect. I know these are standard production tricks, but they don't sound good here.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I've seen dudes nearly sleeping on the railing up front at shows during lovely opening metalcore bands so they could still be in the same spot when the band they came to see goes on. You might be a false

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Ferret King posted:

It's your time and your money. I don't see a reason other people should care.

Nobody cares, we're just making fun of him for being a goober

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Metallica puts on amazing shows. I saw them in 2008 after Death Magnetic came out and it was the realization of my high school music catalogue. Probably one of the only shows where I knew every note to every song.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
Yeah it's kind of like seeing Iron Maiden, you kind of have to go if you grew up listening and remembering every song.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Gentlemen I seek power metal with blackened/death metal backing vocals over ear piercing lead vocals.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

To Battle posted:

Yeah it's kind of like seeing Iron Maiden, you kind of have to go if you grew up listening and remembering every song.

and then they go on and play transylvania and aces high and the body just kinda acts on its own from there on

MAIDEN!

Hatman101
Sep 28, 2006
My Cubans!

Vargatron posted:

Gentlemen I seek power metal with blackened/death metal backing vocals over ear piercing lead vocals.

Into Eternity is somewhat like this.. I think.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Hatman101 posted:

Into Eternity is somewhat like this.. I think.

I remember enjoying these guys like 8 years ago. They're pretty fuckin lame though, especially that whole concept album about cancer.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Sir Lemming posted:

For me, the drums and vocals are the worst offenders. The drums either sound overdubbed with samples or just recorded REALLY clean. And the vocals have this really obvious echo effect. I know these are standard production tricks, but they don't sound good here.

they didn't bother randomizing the velocity values on the kick samples

pretty much every plugin does has a box you check to do it; you don't even have to edit them manually

it's worse than pete sandoval's old trigger samples

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Vargatron posted:

Not that it's what you meant but I feel like that could almost describe some Cradle of Filth

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

the yeti posted:

Not that it's what you meant but I feel like that could almost describe some Cradle of Filth

If I need Meow Mix metal, I know where to find it, sir.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Shakenbaker posted:

This is hilarious and so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Just listened to the new Running Wild album, Rapid Foray. It's pretty solid stuff, which is a nice surprise. Apparently Rolf hasn't lost his touch completely.