Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

tribal talk might provoke nick into using an idol unfortunately
figured

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I think he needed to keep it. Hard to know. Haha.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I really wish the pick your tribe reward hadn't happened.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The Brooke trio deserve to win if everyone else sucks this bad.

The only pleasure I forsee in this game is Kylie realizing her double play didn't help her at all and she's still, at best, #6 in her alliance.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 26, 2016

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
They're doing a good job of disguising how strong the main alliance is... but based on Flick's statement, it was:

Flick, Brooke, El >>
Sam, Lee >>
Kylie Matt
Jennah Nick
Sue Kristie

But it seems that Matt, Kylie and Jennah really think they have a foot in that door, and Sam may have put a foot out the door.

It should be easy for the Flick Trio to get Sam or Nick out right now if they wanted to. Sam on the basis that he betrayed his alliance, and Nick because Nick. They'd be kind of dumb to waste a tribal on Kristie or Sue right now.

Lee is looking pretty solid right now considering he has Sam and Nick as meatshields, and considering the women seem to like him more than Matt or Kylie. Lee's only problem is that if he tries to ride the main alliance to the end, he'll have to win out from F5 to the end or else they'll axe him. He needs to axe Brooke or Flick before F5, which will be tough if El is as close to those girls as they claim.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Met posted:

The only pleasure I forsee in this game is Kylie realizing her double play didn't help her at all and she's still, at best, #6 in her alliance.
Screw Kylie, blowing up the plan was idiotic unless she wanted Kate to go home. I don't want her to win over anyone else, and I very much dislike Flick's personality. At least her game is respectable, if not pretty good. I also think El is dumb as hell, she'll never get any of the credit if it's between her and FlickBrooke. But she seems perfectly content to play second (third?) fiddle to the real power players.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kyle is dumb as bricks

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

For what it's worth, I contacted Phoebe directly and she agreed that she would have been open to anything going into merge if she had made it, but would have been looking to run the numbers, not just be a number, which I think confirms Conner and Kate had a better percentage chance to stay in the game keeping her rather than Kristie. Outcome may have been the same regardless however.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
"Let's flip this game and make a bold move against the majority alliance by going after its 9th wheel that no one likes"

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Mills posted:

For what it's worth, I contacted Phoebe directly and she agreed that she would have been open to anything going into merge if she had made it, but would have been looking to run the numbers, not just be a number, which I think confirms Conner and Kate had a better percentage chance to stay in the game keeping her rather than Kristie. Outcome may have been the same regardless however.

Hahaha, I know that you probably just tweeted at her or something, but this makes it sound like you made a formal phone call to her to confirm your theory. I definitely wish she were still in the game though, she was a much more fun player than anyone else.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bbf2 posted:

"Let's flip this game and make a bold move against the majority alliance by going after its 9th wheel that no one likes"

That's what you gotta do though? It's easier to convince someone to get rid of someone in the bottom of their alliance than to get rid of someone at the top. And once you pull a couple people from the main alliance, you have formed a crack in the main alliance.

Like if you are trying to save your rear end, your best bet is to target someone the main alliance doesn't really care for.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

a trolley posted:

Hahaha, I know that you probably just tweeted at her or something, but this makes it sound like you made a formal phone call to her to confirm your theory. I definitely wish she were still in the game though, she was a much more fun player than anyone else.

It was a private conversation and I was very polite. :3:

TUESDAY SPOILERS BELOW.

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Thought Sam came across as a bit of a bully tonight. By all means get rid of Nick but openly declaring he didn't deserve to be there was going too far.

Was great seeing Nick geek out as his torch was snuffed.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Why do players keep realising that they are in a poo poo position the week after they vote out a number they need? :shrug:

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

That's what you gotta do though? It's easier to convince someone to get rid of someone in the bottom of their alliance than to get rid of someone at the top. And once you pull a couple people from the main alliance, you have formed a crack in the main alliance.

Like if you are trying to save your rear end, your best bet is to target someone the main alliance doesn't really care for.

Yeah it was definitely the right move for Kate et all, I was just making fun of the way Sam and Lee were talking about it

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Thank god Jonathan called out the core trio at tribal. I got the sense this was going to turn into a straight up Pagonging with idiots leading themselves to slaughter.

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
JL wearing El's clothing, I think. Hilarious. It'll be really hard to make a move now, with Kylie almost certainly needing to be part of a plan.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Well at least there's not any doubt about it. Australian Survivor going with the final 2 :).

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

bowmore posted:

Kylie you loving crumb

Mills posted:

gently caress off Kylie. Only morons are left.

Milovan Drecun posted:

Screw Kylie, blowing up the plan was idiotic unless she wanted Kate to go home. I don't want her to win over anyone else, and I very much dislike Flick's personality. At least her game is respectable, if not pretty good. I also think El is dumb as hell, she'll never get any of the credit if it's between her and FlickBrooke. But she seems perfectly content to play second (third?) fiddle to the real power players.
Kylie tried to make a woman's alliance and literally got laughed out of the room despite being on an island. And then when she gets an offer to shake things up she runs back and reports it to those same women. Unbelievable. So yeah I agree with all of you.

She and Jennah Louise and Matt were lambs being led to slaughter and they really owe Nick for opening their eyes on his way out. Game could turn next ep with those three joining Kristie and Sue, which is why I thought Brooke and Flick were going to find a way to save Nick tonight, except I guess I've lost count of the billion players still left and that only makes it 5-5. Hmm...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I hope this episode didn't have important stuff hidden in it because I fast forwarded through most of it. Nick boo-hooing because he lied to people, got voted out for it once before, and then gets offended when people think he's a liar. Boring letters from home segments. Another endurance challenge that only the women have a chance of winning.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's Ponderosa Jury Villa episodes for the season. I found a link that works outside of Australia in a comment in this thread.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Sam seems like a grade-A douchebag. I wonder what he'll do with all that negative energy now that Nick's gone.

In the broader scheme of things it seems like we're barreling towards a final 2 of Brooke and Flick, and nothing short of a random immunity win can stop it.

Mills posted:

australian survivor is bad without Craig and Phoebe. They had were good tv. These leftovers are all either lacking in personality or overly involved in cringeworthy personal attacks on one another.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, when did Sam go from Charity running Golden Boy with a twinkle in his eye to Hypocritical Bully Douchebag with a massive chip on his shoulder?

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Kristie to make the F2 because no one will get rid of her and she's kind of not the worst at challenges, particularly endurance challenges, because she weighs nothing. :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Someone else will always be a bigger threat than Kristie.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
I didn't really see Sam as a bully but part of that could be how unlikable Nick has been harping on about revenge endlessly, I went from liking him in the first couple of episodes to wanting him out of the game pretty quickly. Saying what he did to Nick's face at tribal was a bit much but someone who has been voted out by their tribe and was saved by a poorly executed twist really doesn't deserve to be there. This is really Brooke's game to lose at the moment, her and Flick have done a good job manipulating the boys and they're going to be well liked by all the jury members. If Matt had made a move earlier he would have a good shot but I think he's left it a bit too late now, if Nick's last words lead to a shakeup Matt could take over the game but I think we're looking at Brooke cruising to the end of the game with little opposition.

Mills posted:

Kristie to make the F2 because no one will get rid of her and she's kind of not the worst at challenges, particularly endurance challenges, because she weighs nothing. :shrug:

I'm thinking Brook and El, El will answer every question with either Awwww yeah or Awww nah

Lt Jon Kavanaugh fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 28, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Jonathan really likes to have people at TC outright state who's allied and who is on the outside.

Met posted:

There's Ponderosa Jury Villa episodes for the season. I found a link that works outside of Australia in a comment in this thread.

Thanks. Nick didn't have a chance but his attitude is great. "(Being on the jury) is like having a front row seat to my favourite show".

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

Binary Logic posted:

Nick didn't have a chance but his attitude is great. "
He's the only person I've ever see disrespect Tribal Council rituals by shouting while voting, interrupting Jonathan to fake an idol, talking during his torch snuff and hugging the host. I've seen a few people do maybe one of those, annoying the piss out of production, and Nick did all four during his eviction. I infer that he's probably a huge attention whore and neither tribemates nor Jonathan seemed sad to see him go. "Get out of here."

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I think he knew the writing was on the wall and just wanted to enjoy the exit. I don't think anyone was upset with him.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Binary Logic posted:

Jonathan really likes to have people at TC outright state who's allied and who is on the outside.

It's great with these season as the players really need that kick in the rear end to realize what's going on. It's really not that far off of Jeff though, it's just these players are more willing to open up than they tend to be on US Survivor.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He's only really pushed too far once I think

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

He outed Phoebe which was not cool.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's great with these season as the players really need that kick in the rear end to realize what's going on. It's really not that far off of Jeff though, it's just these players are more willing to open up than they tend to be on US Survivor.

Yeah Jeff was very similar with the Millenials at TC.

There is so much Survivor on now!

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!
What's Sue's Big Move?!!!

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006
Back to 2 nights a week now(Mon/Tues AU), was really enjoying 3 a week.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Teckiwi posted:

Back to 2 nights a week now(Mon/Tues AU), was really enjoying 3 a week.
might go back to 3 nights, it was a big sports night on sunday

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Binary Logic posted:

Yeah Jeff was very similar with the Millenials at TC.

Jeff was the complete opposite with the Millenials at TC. The fact he didn't blow up their spot was the awesome thing about that Tribal

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Let's keep the Survivor threads separate so we don't spoil people who aren't caught up on one season or the other.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

SUNDAY EP IS AIRING NOW; SPOILERS AHEAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Kylie is a huge moron.

• Locked thread