Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, Ricky was REALLY excited about those pictures. Regarding the Disciples of Death, if you didn't know:

Barrio Negro = Argenis
Trece = Ricky Mandel
El Siniestro de la Muerte = El Mariachi Loco (who hasn't appeared outside of Siniestro yet but apparently will this season)

Pretty sure he did at least 1 match in season 1 as El Mariachi Loco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Yep he definitely shows up as El Mariacho Loco at least once

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
A couple times I think. I remember that Dario says he found him working at the Mexican restaurant down the street (or something like that).

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Weird, I don't remember that. Was that really early on?

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

StarkRavingMad posted:

A couple times I think. I remember that Dario says he found him working at the Mexican restaurant down the street (or something like that).
Haha, that's right! It was pretty early on.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

sticklefifer posted:

Weird, I don't remember that. Was that really early on?

Yeah, if I remember right it was in like the first three episodes.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

StarkRavingMad posted:

Episode 2. Lost to Mascarita Sagrada.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Episode 2. Lost to Mascarita Sagrada.

Well, you can't blame anyone for losing to mighty Mascarita.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

That's probably why. I got interested at first because it was new, then sort of let a few weeks go by until Aztec Warfare was announced, then I binge watched the early stuff to catch up. It was sort of directionless before the title came in.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Speaking of Aztec Warfare, I have to imagine the "Ultimate Opportunity" that Cage and Texano are fighting over is the #20 spot.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Gavok posted:

Speaking of Aztec Warfare, I have to imagine the "Ultimate Opportunity" that Cage and Texano are fighting over is the #20 spot.

Knowing Dario it'd more likely be the #1 spot.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Watching Conan murder the gently caress out of James Earl Jones seems a very appropriate lead in for Lucha Underground

(edit): I also enjoy watching Dario make fun of Sexy Star's terrible pronunciation

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 29, 2016

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Caution is a word that I can't understand

StarkRavingMad posted:

Watching Conan murder the gently caress out of James Earl Jones seems a very appropriate lead in for Lucha Underground

(edit): I also enjoy watching Dario make fun of Sexy Star's terrible pronunciation

:) She speaks very little English

At the same time I enjoy Dario's artificial Castilian too, just as kind of like a jab to the local Spanish speakers

e: drat, brother! are we the only only 2 ppl in the thread right atm?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I like Puma working a harder style here, and I am definitely down for more Mil/Puma, their UL1 match was pretty great

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Gotta love the character work put into these matches. Every time Puma looked straight at Mil while he wrecked his boy was perfect, especially after the finisher.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Cortez is hosed. :ohdear:

eljackass
May 19, 2004

HAHAHAHA Dario sounds like OJ right there! "I want to find the real killer and bring him to justice"

(where you lookin at, in the bottom of the 18th hole??) :haw:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
ahahahaah "I know you're a cop, so how about you lose an arm"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When did Pentagon start wearing the Roman Reigns vest

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I was thinking he was gonna fight Matanza, but putting him in the ring where he's gonna get that arm broke is way worse a punishment.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

When did Pentagon start wearing the Roman Reigns vest

When he became Pentagon Dark he busted out the black vest

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I love this show so much.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I don't think Pentagon said "punk" there

eljackass
May 19, 2004

That's the first time I've ever heard or seen Pentagon and Roman's name in the same sentence

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This match was taped WAY later in the season

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Jack have a broken jaw when this match was taped? Last week's match wasn't nearly as good without him working full-go.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
You know, I never fully understood what you guys meant with the difference between Taya fighting stiff versus Sexy Star not doing it, until right now.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Benne posted:

Did Jack have a broken jaw when this match was taped? Last week's match wasn't nearly as good without him working full-go.

I think so, yeah, I think this was taped a little after the other one

(edit): yeah, definitely

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KatWithHands posted:

You know, I never fully understood what you guys meant with the difference between Taya fighting stiff versus Sexy Star not doing it, until right now.

Taya just works like one of the guys, and I mean that in the most complimentary way. Sexy always kind of looks like she's doing a Divas match

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Taya just works like one of the guys, and I mean that in the most complimentary way. Sexy always kind of looks like she's doing a Divas match

Yeah, there was something about that bump at the beginning that just didn't feel right. Like if it was with anyone else, Taya would've sent them slamming, but Sexy just sort of flopped before impact. I get it now :(

edit: Man I'd love to see an Aerostar/PJ Black 1v1 match. They're the two from the original tag teams/trios that were just sort of there because they're friends with the others, but they have some good matchups together.

KatWithHands fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Sep 29, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/781292049446346752

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
drat I would not want to be a jobber at this place

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Well so much for his solo run.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
RIP in piss, Siniestro. You now live in Mil Muertes' lungs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Eating the souls of his two jobber partners didn't help Sinestro much, so I'm not sure how much his soul is going to help Mil.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
This match was also taped later in the season

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
On the bright side, I no longer have to hear Striker pronounce "Siniestro" about 10 different times per match.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/MlLoco/status/781294821407195136

eljackass
May 19, 2004

Well I guess they're trying to tape an entertaining show each week, and perhaps they have to adjust the storylines for legit injuries. I don't mind that at all, however when I'm paying attention, it does indeed mess with the continuity esp. with the crowd, etc.

Question: Are they already done taping this season? Any word on Season 4? (I could always look it up after the show...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

eljackass posted:

Well I guess they're trying to tape an entertaining show each week, and perhaps they have to adjust the storylines for legit injuries. I don't mind that at all, however when I'm paying attention, it does indeed mess with the continuity esp. with the crowd, etc.

Question: Are they already done taping this season? Any word on Season 4? (I could always look it up after the show...)

A bunch of the later stuff was backfilled to accommodate a couple injuries yeah, and also Sexy being out of the picture for a lot of the first part of the season, probably due to her issues with AAA.

Season 3 ended taping a couple of months ago. Season 4 hasn't started taping yet, although there have been rumors of it starting in either November or next January.

• Locked thread