Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Please tell me Quinto is a safe cracker :allears:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vabank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

I used someones TW2 import from here on NG as I lost my TW2 saves, so Geralt already has the sweet tattoo. I know the import changes very little, but I used a Iorveth import and have yet to play through Roche's path in TW2, so great news that I can do that!

Wait, what? I just realized how lucky I am that I literally have carried my save across every Witcher game.

My Geralt wouldn't be the same if he didn't bear the mistake of one night of drunken whore-riding across the Pontar. D:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

alex314 posted:

Please tell me Quinto is a safe cracker :allears:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vabank

Indeed he is, the best one around or something like that. Also, that's awesome and I want to watch that film now.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Zoolooman posted:

Wait, what? I just realized how lucky I am that I literally have carried my save across every Witcher game.

My Geralt wouldn't be the same if he didn't bear the mistake of one night of drunken whore-riding across the Pontar. D:

When the Lady of the Lake told me to not lose it again without having to demonstrate any virtues, I was vindicated after 700 hours of playtime.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Any mods to make ? locations more manageable? I'm playing through a second time, and just want an easy way to see undiscovered Places of power, and any locations with formulas

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

wallaka posted:

When the Lady of the Lake told me to not lose it again without having to demonstrate any virtues, I was vindicated after 700 hours of playtime.

Pretty sure you just did all of the virtues before having found her.

People on consoles have reported the same thing, and they definitely don't have a witcher 1 save.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Pretty sure you just did all of the virtues before having found her.

People on consoles have reported the same thing, and they definitely don't have a witcher 1 save.
It must be a glitch or something because I did all the virtues before meeting her and she listed them off and didn't reference Witcher 1 because I didn't have a save.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Man heart of stone is amazing. Had the best time at the fair with my best bud vlodomir, and shani was so well done. If the consensus is that blood and wine is better, I'm pumped.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

Apologies if this has been posted before.
If your sword only glows white and at certain angles - it's a disc problem. In order to fix it you'll basically have to *download* the game from GOG/Steam/Wherever in order to fix it.
I've read that some people got it fixed by installing via disc - but opting not to install GOG, and manually downloading the patches from elsewhere.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

sebmojo posted:

Man heart of stone is amazing. Had the best time at the fair with my best bud vlodomir, and shani was so well done. If the consensus is that blood and wine is better, I'm pumped.

It is. Very bittersweet.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

chaosapiant posted:

Yes you can and I've done it. You can start new game plus then import your canon blue stripes tattoo Geralt without issue.

By the way, if for whatever reason you don't have the tattoo, you can use console command "settattoo(1)".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zoolooman posted:

Haha yeah, I decided to use a simulated save for New Game+ and poor Geralt's neck looked naked.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Got this on a sale. I've been having fun.

I do not like playing Gwent. I don't get it. At all. How come they get to play infinite cards after I pass with a huge lead? Forget it.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Accordion Man posted:

It must be a glitch or something because I did all the virtues before meeting her and she listed them off and didn't reference Witcher 1 because I didn't have a save.

We've been over this before - she says "try not to lose it this time" regardless of save import or anything like that. I know because I didn't have a Witcher 1 save import and still got the line.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

sebmojo posted:

I just got to the part where I received honorary donkey ears. I hope I can keep them forever, because they're totally worth 5% of my life savings.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The Missing Link posted:

I do not like playing Gwent. I don't get it. At all. How come they get to play infinite cards after I pass with a huge lead? Forget it.

They don't get infinite cards, you can SEE how many cards they have. They only get more by playing a Spy card (plays on your side, draws 2 for them) and you can get those too.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I love how the Fallen Knights yell "Get him on his left", actually referencing when Geralt had his leg crushed and it healed funny, leaving him a bit open on his left side in general.

Also before they attack, or after you brutally dismember one of them in combat, they'll yell "I WITNESS YOU, BROTHER!" :v:

I haven't even gotten to the quests, this is gonna be amazing.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

The Missing Link posted:

Yeah it's not an infinite amount of cards, it's just as many turns as they want.

So passing first can make you feel like you got owned out of nowhere, because you're unable to react to their moves.

Gwent isn't really about getting the most points onto the board, it's about having the most cards to play, and getting the opponent to waste theirs.

Don't be afraid to sandbag and intentionally throw a round.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

DelphiAegis posted:

I love how the Fallen Knights yell "Get him on his left", actually referencing when Geralt had his leg crushed and it healed funny, leaving him a bit open on his left side in general.

Also before they attack, or after you brutally dismember one of them in combat, they'll yell "I WITNESS YOU, BROTHER!" :v:

I haven't even gotten to the quests, this is gonna be amazing.

Most of the fallen knights' dialogue is directly referencing, or even taken from, the War Boys.

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Late-game alchemy question.

Where's a good place to find green mold and cockatrice stomachs? Or cockatrices that I can kill for their stomachs? I need two of each for these drat third-tier oils.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I bought a lot of green mold off the hobbit herbalist in Novigrad. I think he's the one on the north side of the island with Hattori's shop, in a building just next to the river (but you enter from the south).

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Long live our most gracious ruler Radovid V the Stern. Let us show our respect to him all throughout the land with the ancient Vran salute - Radovid, pedicabo te et irrumabo!

- Joannis Deckermann, Chancellor of Oxenfurth Academy.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The skellige master alchemist sells pretty much every cheap alchemy ingredient like mold, although for monster parts you generally have to get those the witcher way

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

JaucheCharly posted:

Long live our most gracious ruler Radovid V the Stern. Let us show our respect to him all throughout the land with the ancient Vran salute - Radovid, pedicabo te et irrumabo!

- Joannis Deckermann, Chancellor of Oxenfurth Academy.

it's nice to see catullus still getting work

Orv
May 4, 2011
I miserably failed my promise to myself to wait a year before playing through this again, which is especially funny because I basically don't replay games in general. But while doing it, A Towerful of Mice started out freaky, like last time, but then got ruined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7OeAPZYSH8

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Orv posted:

I miserably failed my promise to myself to wait a year before playing through this again, which is especially funny because I basically don't replay games in general. But while doing it, A Towerful of Mice started out freaky, like last time, but then got ruined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7OeAPZYSH8

oooky spoooooooky

Orv
May 4, 2011
That reminds me, Comte did you ever talk about all the quests you worked on in the end?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You didn't aard it. trash video

Orv
May 4, 2011
poo poo I didn't even consider that, you're right, I'm poo poo.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Orv posted:

That reminds me, Comte did you ever talk about all the quests you worked on in the end?

I dunno. It would take too long to list all the ones I worked on, by the end of W3 I probably worked on two or three dozen quests. When I was brought on to W3 in the last couple years of development, I was originally working on a big quest chain with a seperate team of writers and designers. That quest chain was eventually cut for reasons. The only remainders of that quest chain still around are Eye for an Eye, Blood Ties, and Contract: Patrol Gone Missing. Eye for an Eye was also hugely trimmed down, it used to be a lot bigger.

Other than those three, the quests in W3 I was most involved with (though didn't originally design) are: Funeral Pyres, Ghosts of the Past/Fall of the House of Reardon, Fencing Lessons, The Aparian Phantom, Muire D'Yaeblen, Tower Outta Nowhere, and Fool's Gold.

I was assigned to BaW and not HoS, but I still designed and implemented The Taxman Cometh, and Rose on a Red Field, the latter of which I'm not particularly happy with how it turned out, but it was designed and implemented in just a couple of days, so that's something I guess.

BaW, I designed/implemented: Equine Phantoms, Feet Cold as Ice, also worked a bunch on Till Death Do You Part and A Knight's Tales. My big quest here got cut for production, it took place in Fox Hollow and involved genocide, ya'll would have liked it. Also I had a troll quest that was *great* but the director didn't think it was funny so it got shot into space.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've felt that Fencing Lessons cut abruptly, like there should be something more. Has it been cut in size?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
I felt that Fencing Lessons worked rather nicely as a subversion of Geralt's usual lady-conquering MO. Rosa turns out at the end to be an actual sociopath, to the point that Geralt concludes nothing is worth the trouble of sticking around.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Slashrat posted:

I felt that Fencing Lessons worked rather nicely as a subversion of Geralt's usual lady-conquering MO. Rosa turns out at the end to be an actual sociopath, to the point that Geralt concludes nothing is worth the trouble of sticking around.

Yep, that's the idea for it. I think originally (before I got it) Rosa was a potential sexual encounter, but one of our excellent writers changed it for the reasons above.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I remember saving before doing the final speech on that quest, then reloading because I didn't have Delusion equipped, and thus couldn't get the sweet free xp by jediwitcher mind tricking them into loving off. I specifically chose the other option when you're speaking to her afterwards and it came to the same conclusion and I was like "well, god drat, that was abrupt".

Good choice on cutting it though.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

gwent cards were magically created by a group of sorceresses who needed something for their friday afternoon gatherings which tea and biscuits were interleaved with sarcastic smackdowns and much haughtiness

that would explain everything

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Gotta say, the bank quest was pretty awesome. Totally caught me out of left field.

Credit to the bankers though, Geralt did die... Even I'm not sure how he's actually alive again. A wizard did it?

Also after steamrolling literally everyone after getting the basic spy cards as northern Realms, the skellige deck is finally giving me trouble, and I just barely manage to eek out a win rather than it being a laughable stomp-fest like everyone else in Velen/Novigrad/Skellige. It's still not worth it to switch to a Skellige deck, is it?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Is it possible to say something about my magical see-the-dead lantern kiera gave me or is Yennefer just bound and determined to be a horrible necromancer here in this sacred garden.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Mzbundifund posted:

Is it possible to say something about my magical see-the-dead lantern kiera gave me or is Yennefer just bound and determined to be a horrible necromancer here in this sacred garden.

Pretty sure the lantern only allows you to see ghosts haunting an area, rather than any dead person. Yennefer and Geralt can both be very ruthless when their friends and loved ones are threatened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I finished the game this week and it occurred to me that there is at least one quest I saw a friend of mine do that I never saw myself: a guy was mucking about with dead bodies because he was immune to disease for some reason, or thought he was. Where do you find that guy?