Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Sorry for bussing you 100yrs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This setup is really swingy, and I would've probably been really frustrated as scum. A huge part of the outcome hinges on one player's reads, on whether the recruiter manages to get the team together, or on whether a scum member becomes essentially "confirmed" as town by being on the right end of a scum dunk (like KFC was here).

I had fun because I didn't have to worry about the setup tho~

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
huh, interesting.

i think birdstrike's move was pretty clever. i'm confused why grandi killed 100 years?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Somberbrero posted:

huh, interesting.

i think birdstrike's move was pretty clever. i'm confused why grandi killed 100 years?

I think had birdstrike not claimed Pink he'd have been in the clear for the rest of the game (and grandicap with him). I can't imagine a universe where that doesn't happen but for Birdstrike not-realizingly scumclaiming early in Day 1.

Grandi I guess thought 100yrs was town and Keane was scum idk.

Also I noticed that Birdstrike's claimed role was very similar to one from his Americans setup, which made me go "oh look at that."

Pinterest Mom posted:

This setup is really swingy, and I would've probably been really frustrated as scum. A huge part of the outcome hinges on one player's reads, on whether the recruiter manages to get the team together, or on whether a scum member becomes essentially "confirmed" as town by being on the right end of a scum dunk (like KFC was here).

Well the rolecop was modified such that it received the entire role PM, and could even target deceased players (in case Birdstrike got unlucky and died d1 or something). Essentially the only player who was truly in the dark and had to rely entirely on his intuition was Grandicap, which had mixed success.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Someone should make a wiki category for "games with legitimate scum slips" and have this game be the only entry

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
just lol at grandi having to kill he are self, truly the most auspol of actions

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Pinterest Mom posted:

Someone should make a wiki category for "games with legitimate scum slips" and have this game be the only entry

alas my very first game had a legitimate scum slip at the end of day 1. a pathetic scum player accidentally admitted they bussed their scumbuddy.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I was speculating in chat with Somber that Grandi killed 100yrs because Bird's slip let him know Bird was scum and he assumed the list was 3 town but then I noticed Grandi had no monarchist flavour whatsoever so that couldn't be it

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

Sorry for bussing you 100yrs

You're fine. Kinda tough not knowing who the others were, but that's ok. I prefer town vanilla overall so the game let me play a town game in my mind. I think I had to get NK, I feel pretty sure I could've avoided an execution.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm glad we thought to bring up the pink thing again.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think I played a pretty bad game but it was still fun.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Doc, bodyguard, and town boss still being alive near the end of the game makes town super duper strong.

Near the beginning when songs was spamming the thread with lyrics, I asked Ecco for a day vig that could only kill dongs. I almost got it, apparently.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i made some1 kill themselves

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

:twisted:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this setup was even worse than what i predicted

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i like the part where i killed people and then made the killer kill himself the flavour of the end game shouldve had me blame the lions for this poo poo show and elect myself as king can we have the directors cut ending

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Not even ecco cares about the gulls.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Max posted:

I think I played a pretty bad game but it was still fun.

ditto

man it would have been hard to be scum

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also sorry i was mia last day work kicking my rear end

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hats should have recruited Bird after that scum claim.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i made some1 kill themselves

:hfive:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I tried to do a good job of framing grandi so people thought he was town and was looking forward to several days where town tore themselves apart looking for the last scum but apparently he just needed to be told to kill he are self twice

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
gj dongs he's no ordinary pig

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sadly, I think grandi was next anyway. The only person left responsible for night kills was the next logical step.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
This was a questionable game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I don't know if claiming the kills was the right move.
Doing it gave me a poo poo ton of town cred on top of what I had for leading the charge on Hats. (oops?) But apparently dongs didn't buy it.
Once I read my role PM I just decided to play it like I was a SK because that's essentially what I was.

Sorry that I played a part in murdering you all scum.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well I had fun. Thanks for the shot Ecco. It did remind me that I have really very little time for these things nowadays... to be honest it was a little bit of a relief to die so early on. I was glad that it wasn't because I was being blatantly bad either.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

Grandi I guess thought 100yrs was town and Keane was scum idk.

Doing both kills that night was two fold. I wanted to set up my restriction that I had to do 2 kills in a night to do none in a later night. And, due to the list and 1 of the players already flipping town, 100 wasn't long for the world. And I wanted to set up a town motivation for the kills. I chose to kill the scum target when I didn't have to.
I didn't know I was right about Hats at the time. I wish I was on the town team.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somber and Max, why didn't you protect me? I was hoping:(

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Somber and Max, why didn't you protect me? I was hoping:(

After the game kept going I was fairly certain you were scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

I was saying that if dongs were scum, scum could submit 2 scum that night. But if that were the case, they wouldn't submit his own name. I went down a rabbit hole in my head that didn't need to happen.

Also, when you started making this argument. Dongs was all but confirmed in my eyes.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i cant believe all teh pinks claimed their party why didnt they just follow my lead...

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it's what gulag would have wanted

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Doc, bodyguard, and town boss still being alive near the end of the game makes town super duper strong.
to address this, I would never have allowed a doc to save a bodyguard, that's asinine. Had someone sent a nightkill to Somber you'd die whether or not he protected you - had a nightkill gone to you specifically, you'd only die if Somber hadn't protected you.

Additionally, there was a mechanic in place for when the scum boss died to give the killer their own independent kill, but Grandi chose not to use it for some reason. (Had Grandi died the boss would have gained the independent kill, and so it would have shifted as the scum died.)

dongsbot 9000 posted:

this setup was even worse than what i predicted

Kashuno posted:

This was a questionable game.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i like the part where i killed people and then made the killer kill himself the flavour of the end game shouldve had me blame the lions for this poo poo show and elect myself as king can we have the directors cut ending

This is something I actually wrote last night and was only going to post if it was requested:

------------
FLASH FORWARD SIX YEARS:
After an unrelated scandal there is a vote of no confidence in Lion leadership and a new election is held. When the ballots close the Fish party gains a comfortable majority in Parliament. Their first vote: cede Decapuan sovereignty to the Empire of Arrentia. After a brief civil war, which is easily crushed by an Arrentish legion, the Empire establishes "the Republic of Rene" as her newest client state. The Republic loses any control over its foreign policy, but is generally free to run domestic affairs as it sees fit... except the only legal political party are the Fishes.

:hist101:

imperialism.
------------

...so good work dongs you do become a powerful demagogue both in game and in real life.

Grandicap posted:

I don't know if claiming the kills was the right move.
I never anticipated you'd claim the kills - I never designed the setup with the killer ever claiming at least - but I used different flavor for Keane (and would have kept using different flavor for second nightkills) in the hopes of giving you the ability to disclaim those if you did choose to claim.

I was surprised when you did it, and I think had it been a more graceful claim (disclaiming Keane e.g.) and if Birdstrike hadn't inadvertently scumclaimed/not submitted you to kill yourself, maybe you'd have pulled it off in the end.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I feel a little bit better about not being able to spot scum this game since the scum were basically independent actors anyway.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
the reason I claimed pink (as opposed to outright scum claiming, which I also did) was that I envision teaming up with a cross-party coalition of demagogues working for our own common end of overthrowing democracy but with different motivations

idk I guess I'm just more imaginative like that

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

same

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i was positive there'd be a lion flavour cop thatd be a useless townie

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Birdstrike posted:

the reason I claimed pink (as opposed to outright scum claiming, which I also did) was that I envision teaming up with a cross-party coalition of demagogues working for our own common end of overthrowing democracy but with different motivations

idk I guess I'm just more imaginative like that

I mean, I suppose that could have been possible, and I knew it would be what people would have expected, and maybe I should have made it more explicit by putting it in the wincon which y'all shared, but I thought it was obvious from the flavor in the scum role PMs and the background material that Pinks are the ones who want to crush capitalism and destroy representative government. Claiming that would always have been a risky move, then.

I did like your gambit though, even if it did put poor 100yrs at a disadvantage for his brief time remaining in the game.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i was positive there'd be a lion flavour cop thatd be a useless townie

I considered it but that didn't keep with a theme I wanted to go for in the game, which is that, as long as you believe in republican ideals and are willing to negotiate and compromise you're not rl scum even if you believe in poo poo policies like creating a national bank.

monarchists are the real scum.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

it was rly obvious pink = scum from these role pms

• Locked thread