Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote max

Srs vote. Something about the way Max is pinballing around is making my nose twitch.

Nah you just need to sneeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Aggro posted:

Krell is now two votes away from being lynched. Why?

I mean, Ecco lead the charge, and then he decided to respond with a horrible post that endeared him to precisely nobody :shrug:

I mean, as much as I'd like to hammer I think an insta-turbo at this point would be pretty bad.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Excuse me, I was the first person to vote Krell. Why does no one remember.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

Krunge posted:

Here's my best interpretation of the game of Mafia from my experience so far:

Mafia is a game that revolves around names, labels, titles, whatever you want to call them. Players make posts in an attempt to put labels on people. Other players agree or disagree with labeling and can respond in various ways, with the most important responses being voting for the labeled or labeler. Counter labels or label extensions may also be attempted. The winning player is the one who successfully propagates their labels the furthest.

Please label me correct.

Is this your role?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

You voted Krell first but it was Ecco that really stepped things up, I think.

I'm not outright opposed to lynching Krell, but as it is right now it's looking like a really awful lynch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

At this point I just want to be a part of an actual policy lunch.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can tell my family I was there.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Aggro posted:

Is this your role?

What is that?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, Ecco lead the charge, and then he decided to respond with a horrible post that endeared him to precisely nobody :shrug:

I mean, as much as I'd like to hammer I think an insta-turbo at this point would be pretty bad.

If there is someone a majority of the town doesnt like and isn't going to work well with, then either they are scum or the scum will intentionally keep them around. It's the same concept as a lurker lynch, if the town doesn't vote lurkers out early then they were going to lose anyways.

Days are short this game anyways. This is not an insta-turbo, Hats. Getting rid of Krell is good for town regardless of his alignment. I just wanted people to say why we were lynching him on a policy vote instead of lying and joking about it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

There's wayyy too many lovely votes on krell

more like not ENOUGH votes on krell

one more let's do this

BottleKnight posted:

Days are short this game anyways. This is not an insta-turbo, Hats. Getting rid of Krell is good for town regardless of his alignment. I just wanted people to say why we were lynching him on a policy vote instead of lying and joking about it.

you didn't get an 800 on the SAT verbal did you

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

BottleKnight posted:

If there is someone a majority of the town doesnt like and isn't going to work well with, then either they are scum or the scum will intentionally keep them around. It's the same concept as a lurker lynch, if the town doesn't vote lurkers out early then they were going to lose anyways.

You're the first person to articulate a reason for your vote other than "lol Krell", which is appreciated.

That's a hell of a reputation to have though, if lynching him really is addition by subtraction.

I honestly don't know his history well enough to cast the deciding vote.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010
Why has no one lynched this guy yet?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Aggro posted:

do it ya poseyflower!!!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have never played with him before or interacted with him in any significant way, but I think I get the gist based on that lovely post he made about ecco.

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Aggro posted:

You're the first person to articulate a reason for your vote other than "lol Krell", which is appreciated.

That's a hell of a reputation to have though, if lynching him really is addition by subtraction.

Quit wringing your hands and be the town hero we need.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

you didn't get an 800 on the SAT verbal did you

I never took the SAT, I got a 31 on the ACT :sun:

This is a bit of a pointless snipe though tbh.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

BottleKnight posted:

what I mean is it was obvious by inference the cause of my vote, saying it explicitly was not necessary and making that the condition for your vote is trivial.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

what I mean is it was obvious by inference the cause of my vote, saying it explicitly was not necessary and making that the condition for your vote is trivial.

Aggro posted:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

At this point I just want to be a part of an actual policy lunch.

Come on, I'm not the only one seeing this

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

Come on, I'm not the only one seeing this

Seems legit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, the more this goes on, the more I feel justified in keeping my vote on Krell. I don't want to play with someone who has, multiple times, violated the good faith necessary to play Mafia.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah, the more this goes on, the more I feel justified in keeping my vote on Krell. I don't want to play with someone who has, multiple times, violated the good faith necessary to play Mafia.

You're an idiot. and probably scum

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Harold Krell posted:

You're an idiot.

This guy knows what mafia is REALLY about.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Krell is the best among us, also Max is scum.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
btw, if I'm lynched today, even though I'm town, Ecco's probably going to justify getting rid of me anyways. v:v:v

God, what a loser that person will be and is.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Can Krell's label for Ecco of a loser and Ecco' label for Krell as good policy removal, both be true?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

Lookit this scrub. First-try 36 master race :smuggo:

standardized testing is a poor metric for future success as I learned the hard way

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Harold Krell posted:

I don't like the way you change the tone of games. I don't like your personal attacks on people. I don't like the way you are completely unrepentant about making GBS threads all over other people's fun so you can have your own.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Krunge posted:

Can Krell's label for Ecco of a loser and Ecco' label for Krell as good policy removal, both be true?

they can be, vote for krell to find out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

I don't like the way you change the tone of games. I don't like your personal attacks on people. I don't like the way you are completely unrepentant about making GBS threads all over other people's fun so you can have your own.

In this case Krell didn't change any tones though, people just went totally on the offensive before he had a chance to say anything

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Harold Krell posted:

:smugjones:

Retro Futurist posted:

In this case Krell didn't change any tones though, people just went totally on the offensive before he had a chance to say anything

I would say that he still escalated that to personal attacks. I mean, there's calling someone miserable in mafia, and then there's saying someone has psychological issues.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, gently caress it, I'm not making my first game back be this miserable loving experience.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Krell's at -1. Someone please end this.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
lol at the concern trolls defending him.

"sure, in every game he's been a piece of poo poo, but maybe in THIS one it'd've been different!!"

elaine-get-out.gif

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Lord of Hats posted:

Lookit this scrub. First-try 36 master race :smuggo:

standardized testing is a poor metric for future success as I learned the hard way

I did well on my SATS, but really I credit most of my success to some combination of my incredible good looks, astounding physical strength, and general charm so to each their own.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
krell

krell never changes

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Alright, fine. I'll be the hero that mafia needs.

##vote Krell

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Harold Krell, we hardly knew ye :(

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
What happens now?

Adbot