Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
To the ultimate filler queen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ALASKA YOU C*NT

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

E: that was a strategic elimination

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

ALASKA YOU C*NT

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

E: that was a strategic elimination

DON'T LET THE FLAG TOUCH THE GROUND!!!!!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(And yeah. It has to be. I wouldn't be surprised if Katya threw it either.)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

DON'T LET THE FLAG TOUCH THE GROUND!!!!!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(And yeah. It has to be. I wouldn't be surprised if Katya threw it either.)

i'm extremely glad i wasn't the only one

Nobby
Sep 10, 2006

Everyone cries when they're stabbed. There's no shame in that.
Over one and a half seasons, and I still don't get the appeal of Roxxxy Andrews. It can't just be "good wigs."

Nobby fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 30, 2016

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

That was some bullshit :mad:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Nobby posted:

Over one and a half seasons, and I still don't get the appeal of Roxxxy Andrews. It can't just be "good wigs."

She has her moments.

But yeah, it's the wigs.

Not tonight's though.

I think Ru should have given Katya the win tonight simply because she is already planning on giving Alaska the crown overall, so Katya should get something at least.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I laughed really goddamn hard at alaska's reasoning being roxxy lent her her shirt

rip tati

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
it wasn't even that good of a shirt!!

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I yelled NO at my TV screen. That had to be strategic.

I also thought Katya should have won the lipsync.

So glad Katya went for it in her commercial and didn't let that business douche get in her head. Her look ruled too. I wonder why she changed it for the lipsync, was that a Joan Jett look?

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

It's telling that the queen who was most invested in the tedious elimination system is so quick to abandon it when push comes to shove. And why was the talking trash can given a free pass? It's disappointing to watch after the fantastic episode last week.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Oh man, Todrick's blue ceramic bowtie and really the entire outfit was loving awful. Basically all of his judge critiques have been "I like your things and stuff." Anyone following RPDR social media seen much complaining about him? Because this needs to be his last season "judging."

Lipsync was another classic, that was great and I'm not sure whether I'd have handed the win to Alaska or Katya. I agree that the elimination was strategic, Roxxy has been "meh" to "bottom" every week.

Happy to see Katya killing it though, she's been really underperforming I feel.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I thought I was done with Rolaskatox three seasons ago. For a minute, I thought I was watching a repeat.

Katya killed that lipsync and the look for it. I wasn't here for Alaska's Great American Hero look at all.

And can we talk about Tati's T-Boz look? Oh man, I was living for every second.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Am I the only one that thought that literally everyone except Tatianna and maybe Detox looked basic as gently caress on the runway?

Roxxxy and Alyssa looked decent but they did something they've done for the billionth time (Roxxxy = 60s, Alyssa = Dynasty yawn, there's a difference between "branding" and being plain out tired). Alaska looked good but pants and suspenders and an afro and that's it? Yawn.

Katya, Alaska, and Tati all killed it on the commercial too.

gently caress you guys Roxxxy and Detox or Alyssa should have been in the bottom; I would put Tati and Katya or Alaska in the top.

TATIIIII :smith:

gently caress I'm so bitter :argh:

also pissed at fuckin' Rolaskatox loving poo poo up again goddammit someone send her home already

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I loved Katya's runway, it was so good

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Tatianna got a solid redemption arc, I didn't like her in s2 but I've really enjoyed her this season.

Phi Phi... not so much.

e: if you're going to be a total bitch, GREAT. Just be self-aware about it (see: Willam, Tati, others).

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 30, 2016

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

Tatianna got a solid redemption arc, I didn't like her in s2 but I've really enjoyed her this season.

Phi Phi... not so much.

Tati smiling and winking and thanking her fans when I'm pretty sure she was totally pissed off was a great example of how a real professional is supposed to go out.

Troposphere posted:

I liked it too, I think I'm just used to seeing super elaborate drag. This was a much more minimalist kind of look.

gays fashion posted:

It's telling that the queen who was most invested in the tedious elimination system is so quick to abandon it when push comes to shove. And why was the talking trash can given a free pass? It's disappointing to watch after the fantastic episode last week.

It was great right up until the judging decisions were handed down from on high, which is traditionally where this show fucks up.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Troposphere posted:

Katya's runway KILLED. That took balls like churchbells. “I am giving you 1980s lesbian literary agent, disinterested pissed off Ellen Barkin fantasy", and boy, she sure did.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
At this point, I don't think Alaska will ever eliminate Roxxy. There's no way, and it's bullshit. She's absolutely the weakest queen left, and she's been in the bottom pretty consistently. But I don't think Alaska will boot her, just because they're friends.

I also think Detox should have been in the bottom over Tatiana, but whatever. Tati was so good. I'm also super glad Katya got to shine again, her runway was AMAZING (although for a split second I thought she was wearing an Adidas tracksuit and I almost peed myself).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Baffled at not only the elimination, but the winner of the lip sync. This is the worst episode of the season. Granted, that's not a huge contest, but it did have the least entertaining challenge, lamest runway, and dumbest elimination.

At this point why all the fanfare? Just crown Alaska already.

I don't even have any hard feelings toward Roxxxy. She seemed totally fine with leaving at this point.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Sep 30, 2016

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I think Alaska is keeping Roxxy around because she knows she can beat her. That HAS to be it.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Flyinglemur posted:

I think Alaska is keeping Roxxy around because she knows she can beat her. That HAS to be it.

:agreed:

I also think this is probably the best result that Tati could hope for.
She gets eliminated on an episode where most people don't feel she was the worst, if she's smart she should be able to turn that sympathy from the fans into a real career boost.

garthoneeye fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 30, 2016

Chicken McNobody
Aug 7, 2009
I thought Katya's commercial was hilarious and she slayed in that lipsync. Alaska just walked around and basically was Alaska. Plus her wig was wayyyy too small. She needed Roxxy's wig.

Tatianna should not have gone home. That runway was everything.

I am not pleased :11tea:

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
It was super weird. Every decision seemed completely off. Tati shouldn't have been in the bottom (not featuring the product enough? How much did Katya or Roxxy or Alyssa feature their product?). Katya should have won that lipsync and Roxxy should have gone home.

Also, I don't know if anyone else felt this way, but it definitely seemed like a few of the commercials were better produced than others. I don't know how much control the queens have over the final product, but some of them looked like way less effort was put into them.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Alaska looked like Dee Snyder in the best way possible. I loved her but Katya deserved the win.

I'm going to miss Tatiana, but she'll be remembered more fondly for being eliminated unfairly than she would if she had actually flubbed the challenge like she did for Snatch Game. Her T-Boz was flawless.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I hated Alaska's wig so much. The only redeeming things about this episode were Katya (video and runway and lip sync) and the fact that there was a mini challenge for once. Roxxy has been in the bottom four times, and it's episode six. Send her home already.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Katya should've gotten the win. :mad: I mean it seems pretty obvious that Alaska will be the winner (which I think she deserves), but this was one of the few cases where she wasn't miles ahead of everyone else.

Perhaps Katya was going to eliminate Roxxxy, Ru gets to see which lipstick the top 2 picked, and Ru wanted Tati gone, so that's why Ru picked Alaska??? :tinfoil:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I think it's fairly obvious that production tells Ru who chose whose lipstick. I'd expect nothing less of this inherently fair and balanced competition program.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

There is a silver lining in that Tatiana now has a wonderful career ahead of her as the Chad Michaels of T-Boz.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Don't go chasing 90's pop groups, please stick to the tucking and the shade like you used to~

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Man, people are going apeshit all over Alaska's Facebook right now.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Stroop There It Is posted:

Perhaps Katya was going to eliminate Roxxxy, Ru gets to see which lipstick the top 2 picked, and Ru wanted Tati gone, so that's why Ru picked Alaska??? :tinfoil:

That sounds convoluted as gently caress but still in the realm of possibility for this show

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

That was absolute bullshit. I saw the commercials and though for sure Tati wasn't the worst. I never thought I'd agree with her, but PhiPhi was right: they are letting Alyssa just rehash old poo poo and letting everything slide. Her commercial was boring. I would have placed her and Roxxy in the bottom and gotten rid of Roxxy. After the burlesque, there was nothing interesting or new about her. She's consistently losing and her runway wasn't as great as Tati's.

I completely agree with the theory of Ru preparing to give Alaska the crown and making it the easiest route to the win. Which, even though it's just tv, sucks. I'm still hoping Katya pulls through for the crown. This soured me to Alaska hardcore.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy Christ, Tati has a solid fanbase that's only growing due to her exposure on All Stars 2, but I don't think that's the reason for all the snake emoticons popping up in Alaska's feed. It feels like Alaska just straight-up alienated a decent-sized chunk of her fanbase.

Add to the leak possibly costing her the crown (that she deserves), who knows how Alaska's gonna walk out of AS2 at the end of it all.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
When did Graham Norton turn into Orson Welles??

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I know y'all are marking out for Tatianna really hard right now, but her commercial was kind of very bad. It was paced like a high school comedy sketch, and the product was nigh-irrelevant. At least Alyssa had some decent physical comedy the editors could work with.

And I wasn't exactly living for her look, either. It was a very good costume, but suddenly being T-Boz when you're trying to sell yourself as a superstar doesn't really work for me.

Also, Katya won the first half of the lipsync and then seemingly just writhed around for the second half, while Alaska came out a little shaky but put together a whole, coherent performance.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Hopping on the "what the hell, Alaska" bandwagon here

Alaska is usually so smart about the way she's played this, and at this point sending Tati home just makes no sense, career wise
We have seen Roxxxy, she has had days in the spotlight, and she's underwhelmed us
Tati gets a second chance, she destroys that runway, has a great challenge idea, and she NEEDS this exposure
Better send her home?

The correct move is to keep Tati around, keep everyone liking you
This really soured me on Alaska, even though they've made it perfectly clear she's winning

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Yodzilla posted:

When did Graham Norton turn into Orson Welles??

Like 4 years ago but I think he's cuter as a fuzzy man

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'll just leave this here, from Willam's Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLAM_PSj4lL/

I don't have a problem with how Alaksa is playing the game, I just wish she would own up to it. "Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy loaned me this shirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt" doesn't cut it. If we get that in a confessional next week I'll be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde
Finally watched the latest episode and I cannot believe Roxxxy is still in the game. Compare her commercial to Coco's talent show act - they're pretty much the same thing, only one of them got sent home for it. Also, it cannot be overstated how bland and useless Todrick Hall is as a judge. I feel like he ran out of salient points to make around episode 1 and now his contractually obligated second of screen-time each episode is some variation of "But I love what you're wearing!"

• Locked thread