Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Alteisen posted:

You have the cutest avatar, don't know if I ever told you.

And thank you for the advice, we've only give him one but so far no side effects, he's dying to get out of the house but yea, never gonna happen again, come friday when I don't have classes I'll splurge on cat stuff and catify the house a bit for him, he actually spent the entire night curled up with me in bed so if this is how he's gonna be going forward I am all for it. :3:

Da bird is as great as advertised, both of my cats love it. The replaceable head bits is a nice bonus as well.

Both of my cats are indoors, and the like to be in the windows and see what's going on in the parking lot and chitter at squirrels. They also like those made for cat videos, but I'm afraid to leave it on and come home to a broken tv.

Nighttime cat snuggles in the winter are the bomb :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Ferals/Rescued update! Emma and Luna, two of our three yard-capture-cats are doing well. Emma has accepted humans and is very affectionate and always playful. She gets along well with 4/5 cats in the house and is quite happy.

Luna still barely tolerates humans and dislikes all cats except Emma so they are roommates.

My girlfriend was eating a salad in bed one night. Emma sauntered up to inspect, sniffed a cucumber, snagged and ran off to devour it. I'd never seen anything like it. Plant eater! The vet said cucumbers wouldn't hurt her so now she gets her own salad on occasion and she loves it.

Luna somehow removed the vent from the floor and escaped into the ducting. Whenever we'd go in to visit she escape into to floor. Took me several days to outsmart her and close it off. Here she is seconds before diving into the pipe.

Booger Presley fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 30, 2016

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Booger Presley posted:

Ferals/Rescued update! Emma and Luna, two of our three yard-capture-cats are doing well. Emma has accepted humans and is very affectionate and always playful. She gets along well with 4/5 cats in the house and is quite happy.

Luna still barely tolerates humans and dislikes all cats except Emma so they are roommates.

My girlfriend was eating a salad in bed one night. Emma sauntered up to inspect, sniffed a cucumber, snagged and ran off to devour it. I'd never seen anything like it. Plant eater! The vet said cucumbers wouldn't hurt her so now she gets her own salad on occasion and she loves it.

Luna somehow removed the vent from the floor and escaped into the ducting. Whenever we'd go in to visit she escape into to floor. Took me several days to outsmart her and close it off. Here she is seconds before diving into the pipe.

Last pic is broken

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Booger Presley posted:

those are great, glad your kitty kingdom is stabilizing. The dogs all like green vegetables at my place too weirdest thing is to see em get all excited because OMG Broccoli!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Booger Presley posted:

When I was little, my cat Grall would go nuts for green beans. Which, as a little girl, suited me fine. We had a wonderful symbiotic relationship.

Emma is so pretty!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dienes posted:

When I was little, my cat Grall would go nuts for green beans. Which, as a little girl, suited me fine. We had a wonderful symbiotic relationship.

Emma is so pretty!

When I was a kid, one of our cats went berserk for popcorn. Didn't matter what kind - buttered, salted, or not, she really really loved popcorn.

Cats are weird, guys.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Norris is super obsessed with peanut butter. He gets vicious in his demands for it if I ever eat peanut butter toast.

Emma's sweet! Would love to see that last pic working, so I can get a peek at Luna, too.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Hobbes likes meat: sliced deli meat, steak, chicken, duck...he's stand there and give you The Eyes and paw you ever so gently to get a taste. Since he's suffering from kidney dysfunction and is underweight, he can have whatever he wants. My gf is a chef which helps, he goddamn loves her cooking.

Bones, on the other hand, only wants pizza crusts (to lick), spaghetti, and similar trash. For such a food-motivated beast he's oddly not too interested in the fine meats Hobbes gets.

Cats, man

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
We call Jessie the hamthief for her love of all things coldcut. She also loves apples. Well, she doesn't love eating them. But if I'm having apple slices, she has to grab my hand and try giving them a taste, at which point she will turn away in disgust. At least, until I try to eat it again, at which point she'll once more grab it.

I guess she figures if I'm eating it, it must be good.

Esme has not displayed any particular liking for human food, but she can still be a little shy.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
My family had three cats over the years. First one was the popcorn fiend, she'd start going nuts if she heard popcorn going pop in the microwave. Second adored pumpkin of all things. Never any other veggies, just pumpkin and pumpkin pie. Third was a normal cat, if it was made of meat he wanted it.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My Charlotte is very dairy motivated. So, she lives with a lot disappointment at only being given teensy tastes. But it's also how I knew she was really sick once. She wouldn't even touch a whole spoon of sour cream when I offered. (She got better). She also loves all things sugary sweet (jams, jellies, syrups, sweet tea). Since cats are not supposed to be able to taste sweet, I am going to assume she is either highly evolved or a big old weirdo. Maybe both.

Henry and Tabitha are fairly normal when it comes to their tastes but Tabitha is a PB fiend. I once watched her tumble down the stairs because she heard the PB jar open in her sleep and ran down the stairs before she was 100% awake,

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Not sure why that Luna pic failed. Uploaded to Imgur three times and got the same result. I am going to lay on the floor with them and read tomorrow. This usually ends with Emma attacking my moving parts and Luna watching skeptically from a cat tree. Either way I'll try for some usable pics of the girls!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can you cool folks suggest soft toys for Tibi to chew on? I noticed he's very bitey when he plays with either humans or any sort of toy, hell just today I went to the bathroom and layed down on my pants and started playing with the string on them and biting it.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Catnip mice are usually pretty welcome, and they're cheap.

Weirdly, one of my cats' favorite toys is a little plush soot sprite. It's basically just a ball with eyes, but they love carrying it around, shading it, and gnawing upon it. I've also got a toy tribble that Esme loves to wrestle if I'll hold it it and shake it around the cat tree.

Really, any sort of plush toy is probably fine, especially if it has catnip.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Kong refillables are pretty excellent. I've got this one: https://www.kongcompany.com/en-uk/products/for-cats/refillable-catnip-toys/refillable-catnip-toys/field-mouse/ and it's hideous but my Macready loves chewing on it more than anything in the world.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

my cat is norris posted:

Norris is super obsessed with peanut butter. He gets vicious in his demands for it if I ever eat peanut butter toast.

Emma's sweet! Would love to see that last pic working, so I can get a peek at Luna, too.

Luna pics. She's barely tolerant of humans as you can see by her expression.

After this long we don't think she will ever be really comfortable around people. We keep her well fed and with plenty of toys and cat things, she just doesn't like us. Can't blame her I guess. We captured her and took her to a place with needles and knives and other scared animals. She seems happy with Emma and her toys so we give her space and let her do her thing.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
She's gorgeous. You've had her six months? You might still see progress over a year or two. My parents' cats, adults adopted from a scary-to-cats situation, weren't feral and they took maybe a year to warm up. Just make sure she associates you with food as much as possible, and all the other basic stuff like being as slow and predictable as possible. If you have time, you can do high-value food trails leading to you while you ignore her as much as possible.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

My delicate squeaky baby princess Buttercup took about three years to finally get personable and get along with one of my other cats, Leo. She was always buddies with my first and oldest cat, Malachi, but Leo is a big goofy lump who would scare her by being overly friendly and would get in her face too much just because he's curious and goofy, and she would almost completely avoid us. Then some poo poo went down and I had to bug out and leave them at a relative's house for a few weeks, after everything blew over and I brought them back home with me she got along perfectly with Leo and was way way cuddlier and more friendly. Hell just about ten minutes ago I left my office room and she ran over to me purr-meowing and standing up on her back legs to rub into my hand. :3:

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 2, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Cat tree gets here tomorrow, can't wait to see what my beasts do with it. :3:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Alteisen posted:

Pics please! tia

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alteisen posted:

spoiler: they will love the box

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Mine were climbing over it while I was still putting it together.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Squidtentacle took Geki to the vet yesterday for her final shots. She has a tag now and everything; an official catte!

Also, he got good news regarding the pack of four kittens we found. All four are doing very well, and they already have homes. One is going home with a vet staffer, and the other three are going home with someone on the grooming staff.

The runty one I was so worried about is apparently thriving, too. It's a good ending. :shobon:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

my cat is norris posted:

It's a good ending. :shobon:
It's a great ending :kimchi:

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

Booger Presley posted:

Luna pics. She's barely tolerant of humans as you can see by her expression.

After this long we don't think she will ever be really comfortable around people. We keep her well fed and with plenty of toys and cat things, she just doesn't like us. Can't blame her I guess. We captured her and took her to a place with needles and knives and other scared animals. She seems happy with Emma and her toys so we give her space and let her do her thing.

What a baby!! Like everyone said, give her some time. Giving her space and letting her do her thing is good, she'll soon get comfy enough to be curious about you :)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I just like to get to the stage with a scary unfriendly razorcat where you can give it belly rubs without instantly regretting your decision.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I miss my cats :(

One of mine was a rescue... sortof? He turned up on our back porch was a tiny baby kitty meering loudly and hiding under things and afraid of everything. Grey tabby shorthair with huge ears. I sat down outside with some shredded cheese in my hand (because it's not like we had any cat food on hand at the time) and waited. I was eleven, I think, and I named him Tiger because I was eleven and he had stripes. Five minutes later, I had a furry, snuggly bodyguard for life. That might have been the world's easiest cat-taming.

He was only afraid of garbage bags (We think someone threw him out in one :( ) and being indoors. And strangers, but that went away when he was older. Also, that was surprising, because he took to me so easily. Once he got big, he turned into a tremendously muscled murder machine with the tummy of a teddy bear, claws like scythes, and a meow like a creaky door. Completely uninterested in birds, even if they were very close by. We know he ate rats because Mom panic-tossed one out one night and he "rescued" her from it. Didn't care if anything ate his food, because we'd bring him more. Would climb up trees to evade large dogs, but never seemed bothered by it. Climbed back down headfirst. (!?) 100% chill cat.

Until his humans were threatened.

*Horror movie sting*

We live in the middle of the drat woods, and we had an rear end in a top hat possum problem. Super hissy, bitey possums. I step outside one night and a possum hisses and starts coming towards me. It was half again bigger than Tiger at least, but he went into instant murder mode. All his stripes intersected on his back, making a darker line down his spine, but it was BLACK when his fur stood up. When the horrible sound died down, I stepped outside and made a trilling "Prrw?" sound I used to talk to him, and he trotted right up with his tail high to receive belly rubs. Scratch on his nose and a chip out of his ear. The possum was dead.

Neighbors across the pond got a new cat once, and it turned up to eat his food. He did not care. Until it made the mistake of hissing at me. MURDER MODE! But that cat was just startled, so he gave it a warning series of bitch-slaps when it became clear the cat wanted no part of this and ran off.

I was always afraid he'd find something too big for him, but he never did. Not even when he went missing for a month and turned up like nothing happened. He never even got any particularly bad battle-scars. The chip out of his ear was the worst one. Died in his sleep, wrapped in my robe while curled up in his cat bed at age 17-ish. RIP, you magnificent snugglebeast.

anyway, I was just thinking about him because of razorcat belly rubs, carry on.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:allears: thank you for your story it was great.

e: not at all sarcastic despite the :allears: i thought it was an awesome story.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 4, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bud K ninja sword posted:

I just like to get to the stage with a scary unfriendly razorcat where you can give it belly rubs without instantly regretting your decision.

I've never regretted my decision to give a razorcat belly rubs. Sure, my arm is full of scars, but it was worth it every time

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

What a good kitty. :3:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Azhais posted:

I've never regretted my decision to give a razorcat belly rubs. Sure, my arm is full of scars, but it was worth it every time

its just more that initial "oh poo poo... kitteh is not ready.. this is gonna hurt."

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I've been reading about Butterscotch for a while, and been meaning to post this. My wife and I have Butterscotch's doppleganger.

His name is Charlie.

He shares many of Butters' personality traits.

For example, he loves to show his belly.

He loves blankets.

And he's good with technology.

Sometimes, though, Charlie likes to get dressed up when visitors come over.

Even though some visitors don't really like him.

So this is Charlie, a low-fat Butterscotch.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Yay Charlie! :yayclod:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

smilingfish posted:

a low-fat Butterscotch.

:haw:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

smilingfish posted:

I've been reading about Butterscotch for a while, and been meaning to post this. My wife and I have Butterscotch's doppleganger.

His name is Charlie.

He shares many of Butters' personality traits.

For example, he loves to show his belly.

He loves blankets.

And he's good with technology.

Sometimes, though, Charlie likes to get dressed up when visitors come over.

Even though some visitors don't really like him.

So this is Charlie, a low-fat Butterscotch.

He doesn't have the same mournful thousand-yard-stare though :colbert:.

ZoeDomingo
Nov 12, 2009
My little gang are not happy about storm prep. I think they're going to give Matthew a piece of their minds. (Sorry for blurry pics of the two boys. Emily posed so nicely I was able to use my regular camera app. George and Henry wouldn't sit still so I had to use the non-focus, fast burst camera)

http://imgur.com/a/DLFXX

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah the puppers are not very excited right now and the old lady is already storm sensitive :smithfrog:

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He doesn't have the same mournful thousand-yard-stare though :colbert:.

You rang?

This is the first time I've ever been able to document Butters on level 2. It's unfortunate that it took this long because back when he had more butter he covered the whole thing and it looked like he was hovering.

See you all on level 3 soon enough!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Who rules Buttertown?