Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
I thought they moved it around because they can get a larger gallery around the back end of the front nine than they can around the back end of the back nine. I guess it's an atmosphere thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Yeah I'm watching some of Sky's preview shows and now they've mentioned holes being "two-sided" with more room for galleries.

Hopefully come Friday they aren't lined fairway to green with corporate hospitality tents :classiclol:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

IT BEGINS :munch:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Danny Willett's brother seems like he would be a fun dude to have a beer with.

Didn't he tweet a bunch of ridiculous stuff while Willett was winning the Masters as well?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Danny Willett's brother seems like he would be a fun dude to have a beer with.

Didn't he tweet a bunch of ridiculous stuff while Willett was winning the Masters as well?

Yeah he did

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DJExile posted:

IT BEGINS :munch:

I mean, he isnt wrong depending on which state the tournament is being held at. :v:

Also Im cheering for Europe because Stenson and Garcia are 2 of my favorite players while Mickelson is a big Trump loving babyman that is more entertaining when he is falling apart. I hope Fowler wins all his matches though because he is fun to watch.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
I have to support the USA because it's the motherland and I'm not prepared to go fully native, but do they ever make it difficult. Over-analysis, TASK FORCES, defiling art by attempting to make it into a science, babba booey mashed potatoes, "best team ever assembled".

Meanwhile the Europeans just agree a basic approach, play a bit of golf, and bookend it with pints.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Just Euro captain Darren Clarke by himself can outdrink our entire team, their friends and their extended families. I'm pretty sure Jordan Speith still gets dizzy after 2 Coors Lites.

Good lord the Euros still trot out Sam Torrance as vice-captain - he definitely can outdrink all the USA Ryder Cup teams 2000-2016 all at once. :guinness:

If you go by "dudes that would fight with you (or you) in an alley the Euros take that as well" as nearly all of them fit that category........ only Paddy Reed, J.B. and maybe Zach checks that mark for the USA.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

runoverbobby posted:

I have to support the USA because it's the motherland and I'm not prepared to go fully native, but do they ever make it difficult. Over-analysis, TASK FORCES, defiling art by attempting to make it into a science, babba booey mashed potatoes, "best team ever assembled".

This was Team USA's approach for the World Cup of Hockey.

They were the only team to go 0-3 in round robin. :v:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Keyser S0ze posted:

Just Euro captain Darren Clarke by himself can outdrink our entire team, their friends and their extended families. I'm pretty sure Jordan Speith still gets dizzy after 2 Coors Lites.

Good lord the Euros still trot out Sam Torrance as vice-captain - he definitely can outdrink all the USA Ryder Cup teams 2000-2016 all at once. :guinness:

If you go by "dudes that would fight with you (or you) in an alley the Euros take that as well" as nearly all of them fit that category........ only Paddy Reed, J.B. and maybe Zach checks that mark for the USA.

Have you seen Reed in person? He looks like a hobbit.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/SNFaizalKhamisa/status/781550129585197057

:lol: this owns.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dave Johnson for team USA captain

that's the best thing I've seen in years

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
A SIGN THAT THE EUROPEAN TEAM'S RECKONING IS AT HAND

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I need to know where Team Europe got their boss sunglasses.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Hahaha good on them for rolling with it instead of just throwing him out.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

They know it doesn't matter bc the Euros are gonna win again. :devil:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Shrapnig posted:

Have you seen Reed in person? He looks like a hobbit.

HOBBIT FIGHT!

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
Who's ready for a foursome, gents?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Spieth needs to step it up. He keeps leaving Patrick with very little to work with.

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007

Daric posted:

Spieth needs to step it up. He keeps leaving Patrick with very little to work with.

Yeah but Reed is playing some of his best golf. Is the DJ+Kuchar combo this good, or are they just playing a weaker group?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

USA is dominating this morning holy cow!

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
4-0 what a morning. I forget, when do afternoon matches start?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

EnsGDT posted:

A SIGN THAT THE EUROPEAN TEAM'S RECKONING IS AT HAND

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007

Jovial Cow posted:

4-0 what a morning. I forget, when do afternoon matches start?

The big board lists the first group as 12:30 local time. First grouping rematch hype.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

An afternoon sweep would be AMAZING.

Spieth and Reed getting it started early.

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
The US is going downhill fast. They can not make a put.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Looks like it'll be 5-3 after today, so much for the hot start for the US.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lord what a shot by Rory. Bounced once and stopped dead.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
To the surprise of no one Phil and Fowler are all over the place. They should really be playing four ball instead of foursomes.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Do you think any of these guys give a poo poo that Tiger Woods is the Vice captain?

Edit: I love how the fans cheer every time a Euro puts it in the bunker.

daslog fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 1, 2016

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Holy poo poo, the gallery serenading Jordan and Patrick with the national anthem as they walked up the fairway gave me goosebumps.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EnsGDT posted:

Holy poo poo, the gallery serenading Jordan and Patrick with the national anthem as they walked up the fairway gave me goosebumps.

That was goddamn amazing

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The white pants USA is wearing are horrible! They are almost see through in the right light lol

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

"You have no majors" chants directed at Sergio lol

Spieth/Reed v Rose/Stenson this afternoon should be entertaining

Holy poo poo how did Spieth's putt not go in, that's nuts.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 1, 2016

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mattfl posted:

The white pants USA is wearing are horrible! They are almost see through in the right light lol

Wonder what colour thing Rickie Fowler wears. Guess we'll find out now

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Suprfli6 posted:

Holy poo poo how did Spieth's putt not go in, that's nuts.

Crazy that putt didn't drop. And then Cabrera makes his from off the green to win the hole and tie the match going to 18.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
And, the US collapsing to maybe let them be all square after the morning. Perfect.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Seriowns this comeback owns go Europe :toot:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why all the boo-ing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Why all the boo-ing?

Sure they weren't saying koooooooooch for Kuchar?