Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

mirotrem posted:

How does this lie detector work?

he could send a PM to the mod with a quoted text and ask if it was a lie

unfortunately he hosed up and got modkilled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

he could send a PM to the mod with a quoted text and ask if it was a lie

unfortunately he hosed up and got modkilled

He chose the worst posts ever. Why wouldn't he just ask people yes/no questions?..blah..lynch the survivor.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
You will literally be wasting 2 days lynching me vs. hunting scum. If you still think I'm an SK after more night results, waste those days i guess, but I highly doubt there is an SK unless AR is either doing a really ballsy fakeclaim D2 or just happened to investigate the SK kill. Lynching me is lazy and bad for town.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

AR could investigate me. AR how do you get your results? Does it say in your role PM?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ty jimson

goddamit retro. i wish we had an answer on bk, i reckon he was pretty instrumental in the krell lynch as well.

hey krunge who do you think is scum.

also in case there is another lie detector - i, atomic soda, am town.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

AR could investigate me. AR how do you get your results? Does it say in your role PM?

this is a good idea

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I know this probably doesn't mean a whole bunch but i really, really prefer playing town to scum. I only claimed, because let's be clear I super did not have to, because I want to help town and just be a normal vanilla townie for the rest of the game. If it gets to LYLO and the scum want to out themselves to recruit me, then that will be hilarious, but let's be clear my existence puts LYLO at -1, you guys wasting two days to lynch a 1x deathproof survivor puts LYLO at -2.

Bless.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

BottleKnight posted:

I know this probably doesn't mean a whole bunch but i really, really prefer playing town to scum. I only claimed, because let's be clear I super did not have to, because I want to help town and just be a normal vanilla townie for the rest of the game. If it gets to LYLO and the scum want to out themselves to recruit me, then that will be hilarious, but let's be clear my existence puts LYLO at -1, you guys wasting two days to lynch a 1x deathproof survivor puts LYLO at -2.

Bless.

Tbh while I hate letting a survivor with a really skrtchy background slide. We literally lost 3 town in the course of one and a half days. We need as much support as we can get and bk is a team player. I'd believe him if he said he wanted to win with town

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##unvote

i think ar copping him is a good way forward provided the info ar would get back would be any use

that is provided ar isn't scum

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

BottleKnight posted:

Bless.

BottleKnight

Pinky promise you will help town win?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

##unvote

i think ar copping him is a good way forward provided the info ar would get back would be any use

that is provided ar isn't scum

The reason I asked him is because he probably only gets TOWN/SCUM or TOWN/NOT TOWN results which probably don't help us, because I will investigate as SCUM or NOT TOWN. But he'll be able to investigate me w/out killing me, regardless of how his power works. If he's an insane brutal cop it probably won't even trigger the brutal part at all. But idk if there were a chance he could delineate between scum and 3P I need to know.

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

BottleKnight
Pinky promise you will help town win?

As I said, if I wanted to win with the scum then the normal survivor play is to just blend in and then in LYLO claim and tell the scum you will win with them. I claimed early now because that's boring as hell and I want to win with the town. If I was SK or even scum, this was a really loving stupid claim to do under no pressure with no result on me. I wish opop had used his lie detector to confirm that I was a survivor :negative:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

The reason I asked him is because he probably only gets TOWN/SCUM or TOWN/NOT TOWN results which probably don't help us, because I will investigate as SCUM or NOT TOWN. But he'll be able to investigate me w/out killing me, regardless of how his power works. If he's an insane brutal cop it probably won't even trigger the brutal part at all. But idk if there were a chance he could delineate between scum and 3P I need to know.

As I said, if I wanted to win with the scum then the normal survivor play is to just blend in and then in LYLO claim and tell the scum you will win with them. I claimed early now because that's boring as hell and I want to win with the town. If I was SK or even scum, this was a really loving stupid claim to do under no pressure with no result on me. I wish opop had used his lie detector to confirm that I was a survivor :negative:

I don't see no pinky...

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Absurd Revolver posted:

btw Kashuno told me I was a brutal cop but it turns out I'm just a vig

Hey I'm a vig so ##vote AR

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Hey I'm a vig so ##vote AR

I breadcrumbed this very cleverly at the beginning of the game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I don't see no pinky...

pinky swear

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

yeah i figured. will wait to see what ar says but i'm happy to move on from the 3p conversation for now.

hi keane ar isn't actually a vig

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Aight, we good.

BK IS TOWN ALIGNED SURVIVOR EVERYONE! NO MATTER WHAT ALL Y'ALL BITCHES SAY, HE'S MY BIG BRO! (little bro? I have no idea how old you are.)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I breadcrumbed this very cleverly at the beginning of the game.

... Point out the breadcrumb.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Atomic Soda posted:

yeah i figured. will wait to see what ar says but i'm happy to move on from the 3p conversation for now.

hi keane ar isn't actually a vig

I'm having a hard time believing that Kashuno would give us 2 kill abilities... even if one of them is a detriment to us.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

I'm having a hard time believing that Kashuno would give us 2 kill abilities... even if one of them is a detriment to us.

i understood that it is only a kill ability when it hits town, and doesn't when it hits scum. did i get this wrong?

i wouldn't necessarily call that a town kill ability, even if ar is town. a normal cop would have been more useful.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Aight, we good.

BK IS TOWN ALIGNED SURVIVOR EVERYONE! NO MATTER WHAT ALL Y'ALL BITCHES SAY, HE'S MY BIG BRO! (little bro? I have no idea how old you are.)

little bro. i'm 22

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

... Point out the breadcrumb.

so keane only has like 10 posts so which one of them do you think it is.

bk is older than his years~

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

little bro. i'm 22

I'm only 12 tho, you bagel.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I would make out with Krell.

Was it this one?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm only 12 tho, you bagel.

Maybe in dog years you bitch

Atomic Soda posted:

bk is older than his years~

Aww why thank you AS.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Going to bed now! have a goodnight all lets have some fun mafia in the morning!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Jesus Christ, is this game hard to read, or am I just that lovely at Mafia these days?

It doesn't feel like there's much going on but talking in circles about BK, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the scum is perpetuating that argument to keep us in tunnel-vision mode. They could honestly be on either 'side' of the issue, as long as they know claiming it will cause drama. CPig pings my gut, but intellectually, it's a null tell because being totally black-and-white balls-to-the-wall about his opinions is totally in character, but so is pretending to be. Still kind of suspecting things, though.

Atomic Soda posted:

i understood that it is only a kill ability when it hits town, and doesn't when it hits scum. did i get this wrong?

i wouldn't necessarily call that a town kill ability, even if ar is town. a normal cop would have been more useful.
What the gently caress is this post

##vote Atomic Soda

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Before I post in discussion thread, I have to say I lied, I didn't go to bed, I was instead working on Gilmore Girls Mafia.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
what is wrong with that post pmush?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

'Brutal vig' is pretty obvious negative-utility. It just formalizes something that was basically already guaranteed (Vig kills townie) and makes it almost a certainty.

'A normal cop would have been more useful' is about as committed to a stance as "some of the players are scum", and you haven't exactly been forthcoming with much except fence-sitting and agreeing with the crowd.

Please share some strong opinions with the class.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The only reasons I can think of why you would softball about a power that bad are ignorance, or trying to convince people that it should be used. That isn't much by itself, but combined with everything else, it paints a pretty damning picture. Why are you afraid to give a strong opinion?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i suppose i don't express myself the same way that others do. i've also never played with a brutal insane cop before, so i thought it wise to check my assumptions.

my post was regarding a discussion whether kash would give town two 'kills', and whether this means that ar is scum. i think it is possible that keane could be a vig and ar be a brutal insane cop, which was what i was expressing in that post.

i feel p good about you being scum.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Krell's at -1. Someone please end this.

Poison Mushroom posted:

This isn't me being rusty, this is just me being an idiot, and now I'm getting upset about it, probably because of the new hormones.

I'm going to go take a breather, hopefully come back later tonight or tomorrow with a fresh perspective. Or I'll come back to being dead and then you can yell at whoever rushed five votes two days before deadline.

my emphasis.

also these posts are also scummy

Poison Mushroom posted:

drat, so much for joke phase. I really don't like Ecco's dumb gambit, but it is also totally in character? From what I remember, Ecco does poo poo like this, town or scum, all the time.

I'm keeping my vote on Krell because it wasn't so much a joke vote as a policy vote, but I'll be keeping my eyes open, too. Gonna take some time to get back into the swing of this.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Talking point to get us started: Can we depend on anyone's reactions to the Krell dunk? Krell creates enough OOC drama that I don't think we've accomplished much but ridding ourselves of a bad player. I'll be the first to admit, my vote was entirely meta.

Two kills, too. Anybody wanna claim a vig?

i'm suss of ar because he's been jumping around alot with his claim, even though i think it is possible to have a brutal insane cop and a vig. i'm also suss of cpig, and i note that anon and dick bastardly have been flying low. i'm leaning towards bk telling the truth at this stage.

##vote pmush

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Everybody is scummy.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
cc please actually read thread before u post

also BK if I investigate you and you survive, it won't prove anything, in fact it would further condemn you even if you do have a bp

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Absurd Revolver posted:

cc please actually read thread before u post

also BK if I investigate you and you survive, it won't prove anything, in fact it would further condemn you even if you do have a bp

No.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Atomic Soda posted:

hey krunge who do you think is scum.

I don't think BottleKnight is the right choice.

Even without my ignorance gimmick, I don't understand why PMush is the vote leader. Her day 1 post was suspicious, but the conversational interplay since then paints a picture to me of frustrated townie.

Looking through, I'd say The Lord of Hats, who hasn't posted today so far and had a pretty opportunistic looking hammer on Krell:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Alright, fine. I'll be the hero that mafia needs.

##vote Krell

:redhammer:

I'm gonna assume here, but this posts reads to me as a scum trying to discretely close the execution, without taking responsibility.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I mean, Ecco lead the charge, and then he decided to respond with a horrible post that endeared him to precisely nobody :shrug:

I mean, as much as I'd like to hammer I think an insta-turbo at this point would be pretty bad.

You'll notice this post in contrast to the vote, and also that Hatsy's vote comes shortly after PMush calls for a hammer. Very opportune timing.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Krunge posted:

contrast

Should have used simpler language, should be "comparison"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Krunge I have a GUN who should I SHOOT

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Donald Trump, but of course I would never actually advocate such a barbaric act.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

CCKeane posted:

ooh shoot me that way you don't waste time lynching a town and can go after scum in earnest

im going to use my action every night, and i guarantee more town will die

• Locked thread