Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
Let's not go spending magic where we don't need to.

G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sogol posted:

Perhaps Hagar told them something specific about us as if it were gospel and we just categorically denied that.

I've been thinking the same thing.
Once we're able to get everyone settled down and using their inside voices, we need to figure out what exactly they say she's lying about.

Question: Who/What was our primary source of information on Heretic beliefs?

I mean, we know generally what the Heretics believe, but, we've only ever spied in on one actual Heretic Mass IIRC. There's obviously something specific we're missing that we need to know in order to put all of this into proper context.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Butt Discussin posted:

Wait, the Robocop word filter is no longer active? :(

All word filters have been deactivated. We're expected to post like adults without it. :(

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

the_steve posted:

I mean, we know generally what the Heretics believe, but, we've only ever spied in on one actual Heretic Mass IIRC. There's obviously something specific we're missing that we need to know in order to put all of this into proper context.

tbf I'd be pissed too if I found out that, after spending all that time listening to hours long recitals of ball aching company policy, I was actually at the wrong meeting

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

alpaca diseases posted:

tbf I'd be pissed too if I found out that, after spending all that time listening to hours long recitals of ball aching company policy, I was actually at the wrong meeting

Lol.

We should keep the statue. Stick it at the entrance to our house and stick a funny hat on it.

Or keep the head and leave it on our magistrate chair when we're bored and need a break.

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
F

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

F

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
F

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Rockin Orthodontist posted:

All word filters have been deactivated. We're expected to post like adults without it. :(

I miss the Ted Cruz filter :(

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

nuthin' but a g thang

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
For the love of El please do not start a fire in a confined space full of people.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
Changing from G to F

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
Fml

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
G smash. I also support all fire votes

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I also support all fire votes

Yeah if we want to vote to break our oath against experimenting to try to form a greatsword made of fire, I'll vote for that.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Fine, fine. And maybe in the future I should try my hand at Enkidel speech-crafting.

Change from G to F.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
F

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007
F

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

No to fire in a goddamn small cave with one exit you goddamn morons!

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I feel like Enkidel takes the reductive reasoning route when deciding on the best course of action, only arriving at something moderately sane after having explored whether or not something absurd will work first.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Topsy the HELLephant posted:

No to fire in a goddamn small cave with one exit you goddamn morons!

Oops. Well, I'm sure Diog will just reboot the game again and totally not turn us into a demon permanently this time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

super sweet best pal posted:

Oops. Well, I'm sure Diog will just reboot the game again and totally not turn us into a demon permanently this time.

You're forgetting our latest forge experiments already? We're moderately fire resistant now. :smug: Sucks to be everyone else in the cave tho.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm sure we'll walk the earth as some sort of charred monstrosity until the end of time.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Goddammit goons don't literally play with fire.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

You're forgetting our latest forge experiments already? We're moderately fire resistant now. :smug: Sucks to be everyone else in the cave tho.

No, that didn't happen yet, remember? We're still in a weird time-bending phase. Actually, I doubt it will happen at all now since we just cut off a source of worship.

The Worst Lurker
Dec 12, 2012

It is good that we don't need to breathe.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
F .

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

We don't need or want to set anything on fire, we just want to conjure some flashes of fire to scare people away. A terrified stampede toward the exit will kill far fewer people than a violent riot will.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
G to F

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Make a ball of fire above our head and use Mighty Voice to boom out "YOU WILL STOP NOW. HAGAR TOLD YOU WHAT SHE BELIEVED AND HAS DONE GOOD WORK. SHE WAS MISTAKEN ABOUT THE MELACHIM DESIRING WORSHIP. THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER BEEN MISTAKEN IN THEIR LIVES, I SHALL ALLOW YOU TO PASS AND DEAL YOUR JUDGEMENT TO HER.

Then when everyone shuts the gently caress up, tell them that their devotion has not been squandered, only misdirected. Jobe shares many of the beliefs Hagar has espoused, and stands ready to welcome them. They should take the best of Hagar's instructions, especially the no slavery and equality bit, and bring them before Jobe for guidance.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
We're literally going to smash the idol on the way out already... Just smash it now ffs.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Update today?

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
I'm voting G. It might not be the smartest decision, but seems like the kind of thing Enkidel might do in the spur of the moment. Can't wait to see what happens!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Literally anything but fire.

Balder
Apr 3, 2011
No fire. No destroying the statue until things have calmed down. Try to restore order by shouting and slapping people who do not obey. Tell some of the Balls present to try and prevent fatalities amongst the rioters. Have some Balls protect the priestesses. NO FIRE.

Sorry for bolding so much stuff. I think G could work and that was going to be my knee jerk vote but I'm now convinced that it might backfire and deepen the violent religious fervour being expressed. And experimenting with creating magical fireballs in a cave? Filled with people? During a riot? No.

Post edited for contemptible syntax.

Balder fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 2, 2016

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

I've been trying to come up with a joke vote option, and to be honest I can't really think of anything we could do that would actually be dumber than making fire in a crowded room of people who are already appear to be in fight-or-flight mode, especially when we have no experience in trying to control said fire in a safe manner

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

Rahul posted:

I've been trying to come up with a joke vote option, and to be honest I can't really think of anything we could do that would actually be dumber than making fire in a crowded room of people who are already appear to be in fight-or-flight mode, especially when we have no experience in trying to control said fire in a safe manner

showing off our wings might be a stupider choice, though less physically destructive probably

Balder
Apr 3, 2011

a cat irl posted:

showing off our wings might be a stupider choice, though less physically destructive probably

Don't even joke about it.:(

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

a cat irl posted:

We unfurl our bronze-hard wings flat and spin through the unarmed crowd as a half-melachim death blender!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

TacoNight posted:

We unfurl our bronze-hard wings flat and spin through the unarmed crowd as a half-melachim death blender!

Its totally fine if anyone sees our wings, as long as we kill them after!