Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'll just leave this here, from Willam's Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLAM_PSj4lL/

I don't have a problem with how Alaksa is playing the game, I just wish she would own up to it. "Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy loaned me this shirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt" doesn't cut it. If we get that in a confessional next week I'll be happier.

That's some drat fine shade.

Also peeps making hella mountains outta molehills over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I still love alaska. I will love alaska forever.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

That was some bullshit. There's no way Alaska can say she's being objective next week.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Sneaky poo poo like this are within the rules, alaska just came to play the game. Sucks Tati left, she's cool, but alaska is just here to win all stars not miss congeniality.

Also I love me some Alyssa, but what Phi Phi said is true - again she was just being Alyssa and got away with it. To me her commercial was the worst, and detox's was second worse. Oh well!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I guess I smoke way too much pot because I can't remember but what did Alaska do that was so bad?

It will have to be pretty bad for me to get mad at her

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

played strategically in a reality teevee show

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

I thought it was dumb they made the "base it on the critiques" pact in the first place. You got the power, just own it and pick who you want. I think PhiPhi and Alaska were only so adamant about it because they both knew that they'd be gone if they ended up in the bottom -- Alaska because she's the favorite to win and PhiPhi because lol.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I think Alaska is going to win this. Katya is just as smart, subversive, and talented but she's been more uneven. Alyssa is funny but she coasts on being a glamor clown and just doesn't seem as with it as the other two.

Roxxxy doesn't stand a chance and I'm a little tired of her wig reveal gimmick. Sucks that she lasted longer than Tati but her commercial really was pretty bad.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
After all my "why is Tatianna here" poo poo I have to say she was robbed this episode. She completely sold me with her look and while her commercial wasn't great it made me laugh. She got her Rudemption.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm not sure how easily you all have forgotten, but this is not Rupaul's best friend race.

If we find out that Katya had Roxy's lipstick, then let's just assume that Rupaul wanted Tatiana gone for some reason. Rupaul is still controlling the show.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

the truth posted:

If we find out that Katya had Roxy's lipstick, then let's just assume that Rupaul wanted Tatiana gone for some reason. Rupaul is still controlling the show.

Katya said she had Roxxxy's lipstick at her livewatch party.

I have no idea why Ru/the producers wanted Tati gone, but Tatianna's clearly going to be pulling the real prize (serious and long-term increases in booking fees).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Tati got the Dela/Trixie boot. It's definitely gonna boost her career to join their ranks as a fan-favorite-queen-who-got-robbed.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Tati is more than likely to get Miss Congeniality at the reunion. I'm surprised no one has given her props for wearing an outfit from Clueless for the mini-challenge.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Are they even doing Miss C for this? They didn't for the first one, but this season is certainly doing things differently. Anyway, I wouldn't really give it to Tati. Honestly, I think Roxxxy has been the sweetest queen this season.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Todrick is going to win Miss C.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I agree with the idea that Tati is going to have a huge boost in fans and bookings, which let's face it, is the real prize. I didn't like her after Season 2 and I'm all about her now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

angerbeet posted:

I agree with the idea that Tati is going to have a huge boost in fans and bookings, which let's face it, is the real prize. I didn't like her after Season 2 and I'm all about her now.

Yeah this. My partner and I are seeing if she's doing any gigs near us. Would not have happened without AS2.

She'll be fine.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah this. My partner and I are seeing if she's doing any gigs near us. Would not have happened without AS2.

She'll be fine.

See me with them hands bitch

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

gandlethorpe posted:

Are they even doing Miss C for this? They didn't for the first one, but this season is certainly doing things differently.

I don't know why Miss Congeniality would be necessary for all stars. But it'd be between Roxxxy and Alyssa.

Is the reunion show going to be like the finale for AS1? I can't remember how AS1 was filmed - they didn't wait a year to crown the winner, did they? The crown was announced after Chad Vs Raven LSFYL so there really wasn't a reunion (and no "top 3"). AS1 was 6 episodes (lol teams) and the challenges were a little cartoony (seriously, street pranks?), but years later and bigger budget could mean anything. God, AS2 has been so good. I'm still curious if Alaska's "leak" will be swept under the rug by the producers - and I wonder if anyone will call them out for it (like why did you DQ Willam but not Alaska - even though the Willam thing was probably a stunt - how can you set that up and then not follow through when Alaska broke her NDA so hard, the whole season was spelled out for us)?

Oooh speaking of; Willam's book comes out this month.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Do we know what Willam did?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I found Tati's behind the scenes elimination really enjoyable to watch, she seems to have exactly the right attitude.

https://youtu.be/ExopINe29r0

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

the truth posted:

Do we know what Willam did?

Willam has posted a lot about all the rules that he broke, including the one he gave on the Reunion about his conjugal visits, but he says that none of them are the reason why he was kicked off the show and that he'll reveal exactly why in the book.

I kind of wonder if most of the book is him going to be trash talking that one WoW producer he hates.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

garthoneeye posted:

I found Tati's behind the scenes elimination really enjoyable to watch, she seems to have exactly the right attitude.

Aww man, there isn't one of these videos for Phi Phi.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Aww man, there isn't one of these videos for Phi Phi.

Thankfully there's a recreation floating around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou9HV5j8eho

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

garthoneeye posted:

Videos like this make me question my sexuality, and I'm not even sure what I'm questioning about it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Just watched the episode, and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Tatianna was great, but overall was really inconsistent. There are some great ideas there, but the execution is just a little off when it matters most. Roxy has no place on the stage anymore, but Tatianna didn't deserve to make it much further.

Katya's lip sync had some great moments, but a lot of it looks like it was just taking up the middle of the runway on all fours. People are giving Alaska poo poo for doing the same moves as last time, but it was literally just one short pose at the very end that was a little similar to a prolonged move done at the end of a different dance.

This show's online fan base is a bit over the top.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
any show's fan base is over the top

it just gets real awkward when real people are involved

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'll just leave this here, from Willam's Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLAM_PSj4lL/

I don't have a problem with how Alaksa is playing the game, I just wish she would own up to it. "Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy loaned me this shirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt" doesn't cut it. If we get that in a confessional next week I'll be happier.

RPDR all-stars season 2 wiki page is still pretty amusing:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuPaul%27s_Drag_Race:_All_Stars_(season_2)

(Alaska's name is replaced with Snake and Tatianna got ROBBED)

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So in furtherance of the drama this season, Lucian Piane has come out as an ardent Trump supporter. The folks over are Reddit are going mental. Ru might have to find another messy twink to make his albums.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Piane's apparently a Stein supporter :lol:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Piane's apparently a Stein supporter :lol:

that's somehow worse.

and yeah Piane's being messy allll over twitter

:wtc:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Still slightly less insane than Santino's tweets.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh I'm going to like this challenge :kimchi:

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

this episode is just one long cry fest

and it's great

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

I am cringing so hard at the Alyssa's dead mom story. how much of that is producer-pushed and how much of it is just really solid timing?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AND NOW THE DRAMA BEGINS

e: :stare:

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 7, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

nice meltdown :stare:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

what the hell kind of strategery weirdness is this?!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Alaska I love you I'm pulling for you but gurrrl

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Aaaannd the shambling corpse of Roxxxy Andrews lives to exist another day.

• Locked thread