Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If only I didn't hate witwer's "help my balls are caught in a vice grip" voice, I would like him a lot more. He seems like a genuinely friendly guy, but his Darth maul gollum, and emo star killer and son voices really grate me. Just let him talk normally and he'd be fine.

Of course he is nowhere near as irritating as cat Taber, but padme is thankfully dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Okay Maul, I like you and all, but now you're just creeping me out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W5T9WFwz_E

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Maul reading Hera's mind like Kylo did to Poe and Rey got me all giddy.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Caleb DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM :v:

Its Dume, Maul. :colbert:

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

teagone posted:

Maul reading Hera's mind like Kylo did to Poe and Rey got me all giddy.

It's also the first time we see Maul use any sort of mind ability. I suppose that tells you how deprived of resources and isolated he is if he has to resort to that kind of thing. And that's without mentioning the tour droids that he apparently re-purposed for combat, complete with an angry emoticon instead of a smiling one.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Watching the episode again I love Choppa freaking out about getting in the Y-Wing. The writers are so good.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

LongDarkNight posted:

Watching the episode again I love Choppa freaking out about getting in the Y-Wing. The writers are so good.

Chopper is the best character on this show.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

This week's episode is up on WatchDisneyXD. It's making a promise that I can't wait to see fulfilled.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah, that all but confirms it.

Decent episode, pacing seemed a little off but it had some good moments.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Interesting episode. I love Maul. :allears:

Also the obvious interpretation of Twin Suns is "Tatooine" but it could also be seen as Anakin's twins.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Nah it's clearly talking about the Twi'lek assassin sisters from KotORII.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Maul's gonna get his Old Wounds action on, seems like. Can't wait!

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I feel like, as Ezra alluded to, the things they saw were sort of a mash up or amalgamation of the answers they were each looking for.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
So I saw the season 3 pilot of this show at my niece and nephew's and it looked pretty good! Is there anything I should know about the show, is there a slump period that I have to wade through or anything?

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

There are a couple of slow episodes in each season, but nothing that totally kills the momentum. And if you do end up liking it, it's totally worth it to go back and watch Clone Wars!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

DancinBrud posted:

There are a couple of slow episodes in each season, but nothing that totally kills the momentum. And if you do end up liking it, it's totally worth it to go back and watch Clone Wars!
That's actually something I was thinking of doing. There was that list someone posted of essential episodes (this one) but it seems to be jumping back and forth when it comes to episode numbers (first recommended episode is middle of S2, then early S1 and so forth). Are you supposed to watch them in the order presented on the list?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Some of Clone Wars was broadcasted out of chronological order, but you can watch either in broadcast or chronological and still have a good time. Also don't skip episodes. Watch the whole show, it's all pretty good.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Woebin posted:

That's actually something I was thinking of doing. There was that list someone posted of essential episodes (this one) but it seems to be jumping back and forth when it comes to episode numbers (first recommended episode is middle of S2, then early S1 and so forth). Are you supposed to watch them in the order presented on the list?

I created that list! The episodes were created in non-chronological order. The list accounts for that, so if you watch them in my recommended order, you'll be watching them in the proper in-universe chronological order.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

DancinBrud posted:

I created that list! The episodes were created in non-chronological order. The list accounts for that, so if you watch them in my recommended order, you'll be watching them in the proper in-universe chronological order.

I never knew that was done by a goon! That list convinced me to give the show a second chance after writing it off halfway through the first season. Thanks dude.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

DancinBrud posted:

Oh okay, nice! I'll be giving that a go then, thanks for making the list :)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So... what happened to the holocrons?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

DancinBrud posted:

I feel like, as Ezra alluded to, the things they saw were sort of a mash up or amalgamation of the answers they were each looking for.

Yeah it probably would've worked a little better if they had both been asking the same question.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Looking forward to Obi-Wan reappearing.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Regarding clone wars, you can totally skip that 4-part droid arc. Rebels episodes may be slow sometimes, but they're far better than that lovely arc.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Actually watch the D-squad episodes. They get really weird and it's great. The only clone wars episodes I really didn't care for were the Moncalamari episodes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Watching Clone Wars should help explain who this random jedi woman you've never heard of before is, and how she crumps inquisitors and goes toe to toe with Vader like even Maul won't do.

It'll also explain Sabine's family connections that were just brushed on in the Concord Dawn episode, and the thing between Maul and Mandalorians, since all of that is gonna be important in Rebels S3

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

And if you don't bother taking any advice on which episodes to skip and end up watching the entire series, watch it in the order it aired in rather than chronologically. But otherwise the opposite.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Pops Mgee posted:

Actually watch the D-squad episodes. They get really weird and it's great. The only clone wars episodes I really didn't care for were the Moncalamari episodes.

I swear those episodes were written by five different people without consulting with one another. It just goes to so many different places in a very small time.

Noticed that James Arnold Taylor shows up with a credit for Star Wars Rebels if you google "Obi-Wan voice actor."

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Covok posted:

I swear those episodes were written by five different people without consulting with one another. It just goes to so many different places in a very small time.

Noticed that James Arnold Taylor shows up with a credit for Star Wars Rebels if you google "Obi-Wan voice actor."

He's already appeared in Rebels, Kanan played the post-order 66 emergency broadcast by Obi-Wan from the Jedi Temple, using the Holocron, for Ezra if you recall

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

NTRabbit posted:

He's already appeared in Rebels, Kanan played the post-order 66 emergency broadcast by Obi-Wan from the Jedi Temple, using the Holocron, for Ezra if you recall

Oh poo poo, you're right. Totally forgot about that. gently caress, and I thought I had found something.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Why put that in spoilers? Funny though.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Maul terrorizing people while wearing the Sith equivalent of a polo shirt is pretty great.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I never knew that was done by a goon! That list convinced me to give the show a second chance after writing it off halfway through the first season. Thanks dude.
Awesome to hear that it was helpful to someone. So many people seemed to drop the show right as it was about to get good!

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Interesting episode. I love Maul. :allears:
He's one of the greats! Probably the most entertaining villain of the animated Star Wars universe.

OctoberCountry posted:

Maul terrorizing people while wearing the Sith equivalent of a polo shirt is pretty great.
A polo shirt in such bad condition that it doesn't cover his armpits no less!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Also, I got the answer to my quesiton of whats behind the door in the back of the cargo bay.

Its another bloody door! :argh: Though Hera did say "get to the engine room" so I guess I at least know whats behind the new door. :v:

Actually it looks like they just cloned the small room above (the one that leads up to the dorsal turret, the lounge, the side airlocks, etc), since there seem to be doorways to the side, maybe mechanical spaces under the airlock corridor (which angles down, so it'd be a low ceiling after a while).

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

OctoberCountry posted:

Would be even better if he had a popped collar.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nah. Maybe in his younger days, but Maul is classier than that now.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. And good to know that Clone Wars got good, I remember the first season being lame and dropping it and then I caught a few episodes where there is a retired clone trooper and where Bobba Fett tries to enact revenge but gets freaked out because they're executing prisoners of war and I sort of wondered where it got so much more interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
This is probably a far-left field take and more than likely wrong, but maybe Ezra's 'twin suns' comment was actually 'twin sons', and the 'he's alive' Maul was referring to might be his own brother, Savage Oppress. Kind of ties into Maul's question for hope. But yeah, that's probably all wrong.

• Locked thread