Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Furia posted:

Side note: is 600£ a good amount to invest in a pc? I have a friend that works at maplin and he can get me stuff a quarter off and I'm legit considering it so I can finally have a pc I can upgrade

google the parts you want and check the prices at other places because even with a quarter off you could probably get them cheaper online than at maplins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

you should definitely be able to build something decent for £600 assuming you're going for decent gaming stuff

try to get a graphics card with 4GB of vram, the 970 was supposed to be good (I got the 2GB 960 last year and it's pretty good for most things but will probably start to hit its ceiling soon), if you end up with more money than sense you can blow £600+ on a 1080 tho

16GB of ram should do you but get 2x8GB sticks so if you need to go up to 32 in a few years you can just get another two

CPUs seem to have pretty much stagnated, the intel i5 or i7 will do you

don't skimp on your power supply / mobo!

e: vitty is probably right on that one tbh

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 1, 2016

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Christ what I was checking out didn't even include graphics card and was like 8 gigs ram

Nice idea. I'll check out online cuz apparently maplin is a ripoff (except maybe the case but we'll see)

Any recommended websites or something?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

let internet spergs do the work for you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774409

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

scan, aria, ebuyer were pretty good last i checked

amazon can be good too just watch out for shady marketplace sellers

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i have a computer for my knees

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

im really hungover

i threw up last night, got back to my room, fell asleep in an upright sleeping position until 6am, woke up and threw up again until my eyes turned red, went back to bed, and have just gotten up

Hello No_one's alt. account.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I built my pc on here
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

which spoons did you go to Jose

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Nice. Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll be checking it all out

Also:

I like the little crab

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

pretty sure that's a cat

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Looke posted:

which spoons did you go to Jose

The jolly sailor

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

lets play crab or cat

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

#1 -

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I just ate a very nice curry but it seems it disagrees with me please patio me

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

crab

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it is actually a crat

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

ive never seen police chasing a car irl before and now ive seen 2 in one night, nearly got killed by one too :thumbsup:

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
I have watched 10 episodes of Luke Cage today and would be watching more but Netflix crapped out. Also I had a slightly embarrassing moment earlier where after getting friendly / flirting with the girl in the Chinese takeaway, it turned out that biology book was not for her undergraduate course but rather her highers.

Bang me up lads, I'm a sweet and sour nonce.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
trip report; just tried most of the walkers sandwich flavour crisps, they're all loving horrible

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bozza posted:

I have watched 10 episodes of Luke Cage today and would be watching more but Netflix crapped out. Also I had a slightly embarrassing moment earlier where after getting friendly / flirting with the girl in the Chinese takeaway, it turned out that biology book was not for her undergraduate course but rather her highers.

Bang me up lads, I'm a sweet and sour nonce.

:q:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i always suspected

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

You've got a long career as a BBC presenter to go first

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I'm at a pub where there is a bit greet ska train

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I'm watching the new red dwarf. It's actually quite good so far and Kryten is now comically fat.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

i have been in bed the last 2 days. had a horrendous fever yesterday and today i've got stomach cramps :barf:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You should poo poo it all out.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Dysgenesis posted:

I'm watching the new red dwarf. It's actually quite good so far and Kryten is now comically fat.

Episode 3 is the best so far

Luke Cage is pretty good but is getting in the way of all the other poo poo I have to watch.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Vitamins posted:

thanks friend!

it's good thanks, :siren: A GIRL :siren: invited me to a gig tonight so im going to go there instead of being a goonlord and staying in, then probably being hungover on sunday

what are you plans this weekend ratty?

good luck with the lady friend and gig, make sure you dont tell her about your internet friends

I have had night in the the other half and eaten many many chocolate buttons

ace ventura 2 is also a good film

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

eleven extra elephants posted:

trip report; just tried most of the walkers sandwich flavour crisps, they're all loving horrible

wtf

Ratjaculation posted:

good luck with the lady friend and gig, make sure you dont tell her about your internet friends

I have had night in the the other half and eaten many many chocolate buttons

ace ventura 2 is also a good film

oh this lady friend has a bf, i was hoping her other lady friends would be single but nope :rip:

my chain of being attracted to women that are already in committed relationships continues :mrgw:

otoh i got a load of fantastic advice about going travelling and stuff so thats cool.

chocolate buttons are a very underrated sweet imo

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I got my lady friend signed up to tinder today and she swiped right on me. I will take this as a joke to save any face I could have left.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You should fist her.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

is swiping right the good or bad one

i can never remember

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

goatface posted:

You should fist her.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

fist all enemies

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
im not surprised at the revelation that bozza is a nonce

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

fridge corn posted:

im not surprised at the revelation that bozza is a nonce

he'll arrive at that conclusion too late

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Vitamins posted:

wtf

oh this lady friend has a bf, i was hoping her other lady friends would be single but nope :rip:

my chain of being attracted to women that are already in committed relationships continues :mrgw:

otoh i got a load of fantastic advice about going travelling and stuff so thats cool.

chocolate buttons are a very underrated sweet imo

sounds good man, except the lucking out part. In 1 month and 1 hour I am off travelling again, yippee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

sounds good man, except the lucking out part. In 1 month and 1 hour I am off travelling again, yippee

where are you going this time friend?