Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Farking Bastage posted:

What the gently caress was Speith thinking trying to hit that shot to begin with?

The match was over if he doesn't make it.

Patrick going to win this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I've never been a big Reed fan but you can't really dispute his record at this point, dudes a stud.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ban all US fans from attending golf matches for the rest of time thanks.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Called it last night

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I'm sitting on my office watching a stream of the Ryder cup and I hopped on Amazon on the other monitor and ordered a new hitting net. Wife gets the email and yells from her office "ARE YOU WATCHING GOLF AND ORDERING GOLF STUFF?" Yes. Yes I am.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Euro rookies had better get their asses in gear or else this is going to get ugly

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Disappointed Rory didn't slap a fat bitch down, but it was an incredible match. Mickelson and Garcia is just as awesome.

What a freaking tournament.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Rickey comes through! That's a big point for the US

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Koepka beat Willet's rear end. Jesus.

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

daslog posted:

Rickey comes through! That's a big point for the US

Of all the US players today he is the one I would have bet against, that's a huge win.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Danny Willett is a fraud

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
MAKE ALL THE PUTTS PHIL

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Holy gently caress Phil

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Jesus loving christ Phil.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I...

Mickelson, I...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha Miller with the burn on Sergio

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
holy crap 19 birdies in the mickelson/garcia pairing

that has to be a record of some kind

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahaha Miller with the burn on Sergio

What did he say

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Woooooo USA

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Kinda wish it was Reed who would have been able to close it out. Feel like he would've at least shown a little emotion.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

runoverbobby posted:

What did he say

After Garcia hit the put to halve the match, Miller says "wow, Garcia celebrating like he won a major"

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

sportsgenius86 posted:

After Garcia hit the put to halve the match, Miller says "wow, Garcia celebrating like he won a major"

:drat:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

loving lol Bubba Watson being the kid left out of the cool table and asking to join as an afterthought vice captain.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

Ban all US fans from attending golf matches for the rest of time thanks.

Agreed but also shut up nerd.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

loving lol Bubba Watson being the kid left out of the cool table and asking to join as an afterthought vice captain.

I think he gets a bad rap. Not one person has said anything bad about him this week and everyone has positive things to say about him. I think he just really wanted to be there.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
USA USA USA

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Guys real talk I am so loving happy holy poo poo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Well that was unexpected.

Unknownmass
Nov 3, 2007
I'm still in shock. US played so well today. That was one of the best days of golf I have seen in a long time. This is so great I am so happy.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The golf owned but the result sucked. Europe's last few guys were total dogshit today.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dear PJ Willett:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That Mickelson/Garcia match loving owned goddamn.

also

E: jesus christ :stare:

SBNation posted:

Sergio Garcia and Phil Mickelson came to the 18th tee tied, making a combined 19 (!!!) birdies over the previous 17 holes. Each had a reasonable birdie putt to give their side a point if the other missed. That didn't happen. Phil went first and dropped in a bomb from 20-plus feet. Sergio answered. They each shot 63, with a best-ball combined score of 58.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Well done the US golfers you did well today. I look forward to the humiliation you'll receive in 2 years time in France.

Also after having to apologise for him before it began

https://twitter.com/danroan/status/782841140366209024

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Wow that is high grade :qq:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

An englishman accusing american sports fans of being boorish and classless is the most hilarious thing

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
The Ryder Cup is the one golf event that American "sports fans" attend and that's basically unique to the USA, for now. You don't get football (the kicky football) fans traveling to Gleneagles en masse yet.

The English are also "better" at compartmentalizing their behavior to certain events. Loutish football supporters magically become polite and cordial at horse racing because everyone knows that you don't misbehave at the horse racing. It's weird and almost unbelievable, but it's true.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I prefer the dignified and posh atmosphere at Augusta. Old money ftw

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

runoverbobby posted:

You don't get football (the kicky football) fans traveling to Gleneagles en masse yet.

why not :colbert:

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.
There isn't a paved road to Scotland yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Andrew Redington of Getty got an amazing picture of Rickie Fowler during the celebration while everyone else was smoochin' their GFs/wives.