Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Here's a good reason to play nidhogg: the most powerful technique is the divekick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Given that the nidhogg fencer is in Divekick you might as well just play Divekick at this point.

please play divekick with me it's been so long

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

:popeye:

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug

Paperhouse posted:

did people like the original Nidhogg? I found it like the funnest thing ever for about 30 mins every now and then with friends, but I've never known a game to be so great and become so boring so quickly.

It was a pretty fun game coop style. Actually very fun. Your friends never said "God why do you gotta try so hard at these games can't we just have fun" at least mine never said that.

Maybe I'm projecting a bit I dunno.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Zand posted:

idk man. pewdiepie had a lot of fun and maximillian was practically screaming at the top of his lungs in pure ecstasy just from playing a lil.... all the cool twitter bros that I follow love it and it has neat in-jokes that only me and people like me get. maybe you just arent in the know enough to "get" it.

lol

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
In Divekick 2 Maximilian will be a playable character and he will wield the mythical Chinder Chagger Ninjer Dagger.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the only thing about nidhogg I didn't "get" is the game itself (because its bad)

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Nidhogg's celebrity is 100% thanks to that one NWM tournament

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that and that super annoying campaign where they toured like two cabinets around the US for like two years before actually releasing the game

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Smoking Crow posted:

Mikado Arcade hosts the yearly Samurai Spirits II World Cup, the 2016 one should be coming up in a few months

Mikado's youtube channel has a lot of high level old fighting game play, everyone should check it out

https://youtube.com/channel/UCPrifqgoJmq7UgmRkZUKTJQ

A+ recommendation, I looked through the channel and just picked the first fatal fury special I saw

it turned to be an IN DEPTH ANALYSIS ON THE KRAUSER VS KIM MATCHUP

in Japanese but still. good stuff

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/28/little-guilty-gear-lie-got-big-japanese-government-worker-dust-off/

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Nitroplus Blasterz is coming to Steam:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/30/nitroplus-blasterz-heroines-infinite-duel-take-battle-pcs-2016/

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

omg

omg

:D

this plus blade arcus is the best news. it's never been a better time to be an anime fan! wooot

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe Zand has another loving game to bug the discord constantly to play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought blade arcus huffed farts.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

I thought blade arcus huffed farts.

I don't think anyone in the US has played the game enough to form an opinion.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Baal posted:

I can't believe Zand has another loving game to bug the discord constantly to play

I don't even because everyone so weak or baby

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Oooo I really liked Nitroplus, I'd totally buy it again with a smile.

Here's hoping for Dengeki Ignition steam

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka-cM1p3unc&t=410s

If this game can be played online please add it to the next Punch the Ballots poll please and thank you

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

FanaticalMilk posted:

I don't think anyone in the US has played the game enough to form an opinion.

I've mentioned this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if the only people in NA who bothered to learn it are a small handful of guys in Waterloo/Toronto, Ontario. They were pretty much the only non Japanese people who entered it at the EVO side tournament, any ways. And even they mostly just poo poo on it, but they've played it enough to know the tiers and how to do a few of the dumber infinites.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

When people figure anime poverty hasn't dug deep enough, we get newer games localized!

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/782419637875204096

Golden Fantasia AKA OMK AKA a fighting game based on the Umineko VN. Because.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Does it have titty

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Does it have titty

n, umineko has animes that actually wear clothes in it

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I wanna main the busty lady in a fancy dress, I'm a predictable motherfucker.

Is OMK a good game? I think one of the Melty guys used to play it, but I never really touched it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

no sale

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
melty has clothes AND boobs, have faith gamer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

This sounds like loving trash

Countblanc posted:

melty has clothes AND boobs, have faith gamer

You have my sword

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
OMK is cool and fun, because it has a dedicated "Objection" button.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Saoshyant posted:

When people figure anime poverty hasn't dug deep enough, we get newer games localized!

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/782419637875204096

Golden Fantasia AKA OMK AKA a fighting game based on the Umineko VN. Because.

anime: http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/02/mangagamer-announces-their-localization-of-golden-fantasia-cross-for-steam/

Anime: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/sep/29/blazblue-central-fiction-see-north-american-release-november-1/

ANIMEEEEEE: http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/01/nitroplus-blasterz-heroines-infinite-duel-blasts-to-pc-this-winter/

I was gonna do this post in a different order but you already posted about the Umineko fighter.

Edit: More anime (BBCF): http://shoryuken.com/2016/10/03/north-americans-who-pre-order-blazblue-central-fiction-will-get-a-free-demo-on-october-11th/

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Oct 4, 2016

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dj Meow Mix posted:

an airdash general thread is probably a good idea. i dont know if a bb only thread would be worth the time

Well I did it. So now there's a special place to discuss all the high flying anime girl fighting games you can think of.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
For anyone wanting to play DOA5LR on PC without :filez:, the F2P version will be available soon on steam, hopefully with lobbies soon afterwards.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

uncleKitchener posted:

For anyone wanting to play DOA5LR on PC without :filez:, the F2P version will be available soon on steam, hopefully with lobbies soon afterwards.

It's already available, I was fooling around in training mode tonight, making sure I had my Boob Physics calibrated correctly.

I've never played a DOA game before - where does it fit into 3D fighters relative to Virtua Fighter and Tekken? I played whoooooole lot of VF4 on PS2 back in the day.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

giogadi posted:

It's already available, I was fooling around in training mode tonight, making sure I had my Boob Physics calibrated correctly.

I've never played a DOA game before - where does it fit into 3D fighters relative to Virtua Fighter and Tekken? I played whoooooole lot of VF4 on PS2 back in the day.

It controls closer to VF and iirc you get one "guess" mid combo to do a reversal hold. It's much flashier and easier to control too.

It might be worth it to go through the tutorial mode just to see what kind of hold counters what kind of move.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
It's VF2's cousin engine.

Strikes beat throws but throws punish unsafe strikes, holds and catch throws beat strikes and throws beat holds. Commands throws are unbreakable; you can only tech out of neutral and chain grabs (not all of them).

You got four basic hold reversals; one for high, one for mid punch, one for mid kick and one for lows. Imagine Geese.

Like in VF, you can try to stagger out of stuns or do a reversal.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
If you're going to try the free titty fighter, one of the DLC fighters is free until the 30th. I think it's like the Skullgirls stuff where if you get it while it's free you keep it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DOA5 is a really awesome feeling game wrapped up in some of the craziest DLC volume I've ever seen. It's neat that they don't have any kind of fake currency or pretend you can grind to get stuff though, they're just like "try out the engine and dive in if you want"

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I played a bunch of DOA5 on the Vita and it felt really good and I had some fun with it. Just don't let any overly sarcastic wife or girlfriend catch you playing dress up fighting titty girls because they will remind you about it for like months.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Looks like MKXL actually released on PC yesterday.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

The Kins posted:

If you're going to try the free titty fighter, one of the DLC fighters is free until the 30th. I think it's like the Skullgirls stuff where if you get it while it's free you keep it?

Correction, the BEST fighter in the game*

*by virtue of not being as morbidly embarrassing to be caught using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Also about DOA5 while yeah you have your dumb DLC like the swimsuits and the maid outfits, they have quite a few cool ones like sets based on different anime, different game series/companies, or my personal favorite, the yearly Halloween costumes.