Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

No, 1200 is about right.

I was going to review FATAL, so I read it. I couldn't do better than MacLennan/Sartin, so never finished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Robindaybird posted:

Honestly not surprised between the huge randomized tables, way too many stats, and the ridiculous complex maths you're expected to use. And I noticed - and used to be guilty of it when I was younger that there's a tendency to conflate length with quality.

FATAL is as big as it needs to be to not disappear in an ogre's anus.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

You guys forgot to mention the very best ending in that game, where you walk off middle finger raised high to all the bickering factions.
You usually don't get WoD GMs cool enough to allow that.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

It depends on which copy of FATAL you're talking about. Some are a slim ~600 pages. The most widely available version is around 900, because that's when it got infamous. I don't remember what extra material makes the difference as opposed to just different layout, but I think the d2000 table of random magical events (in alphabetical order!) was originally in a supplement and that's probably the bulk of the further bloating.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Doresh posted:

FATAL is as big as it needs to be to not disappear in an ogre's anus.

Kind of an Immovable Clod, then.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
FATAL had large number of character attributes, and tables for every single one. It has tables for literally every single thing a game could conceivably have tables for, even setting aside all the gross stuff like penis size and anal circumference. It has an attribute for how fast you can talk and for how pleasing your voice sounds (poor Vocal Charisma means you "sound gay").

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

theironjef posted:

Heck, I don't actually know. That might be hyperbole. I know it's unreasonably big.

Now is the best time for you to be kidding about this.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Halloween Jack posted:

FATAL had large number of character attributes, and tables for every single one. It has tables for literally every single thing a game could conceivably have tables for, even setting aside all the gross stuff like penis size and anal circumference. It has an attribute for how fast you can talk and for how pleasing your voice sounds (poor Vocal Charisma means you "sound gay").

Is there a different Vocal Charisma table for women, or does that mean that women with very high Vocal Charisma sound like chain-smoking biker dudes?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Now is the best time for you to be kidding about this.

We had a twitter listener just straight up angry at us over the goal, said he likes the show because we cover games he hasn't heard of and he's heard of FATAL.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

theironjef posted:

We had a twitter listener just straight up angry at us over the goal, said he likes the show because we cover games he hasn't heard of and he's heard of FATAL.

You've covered D&D three times.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

LatwPIAT posted:

You've covered D&D three times.

And who could not know about the Duckman RPG? I have like five copies on my shelf, and I consider myself to be only a casual RPG person.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I've only had the chance to play DMR games like Queers and Quacks, Duck Dungeons, Merry Mallardies and Duck20, but never the original. Thanks System Mastery for showing me the classics.

Hostile V
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

AnitiDae&Dae, or AD&D for short.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

theironjef posted:

Hahaha, well, you made the call in podcast form, which is as good as stone. I just hate to see you inflict it upon yourselves, is all. Nobody deserves FATAL.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

NutritiousSnack posted:

I thought all of that was a well planned feint by Caine and Jack? Like they discovered this could have world ending repercussions, stopped it, and rigged it with a bomb to gently caress with LaCroix for pulling all the evil, backstabbing, poltik, and Tradition breaking nonsense he was up to. Send a message to other rear end hats like him not to pull this poo poo.

There was just a plain old mummy in the casket. Jack has it sitting in a lawn chair while he watches the fireworks at the end of the game.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Return to the TOMB OF HORRORS Part 17: Dodge Ball

Welcome back. We left our heroes in Acererak's terrible Fortress of Conclusion, nestled against the cold, hateful bosom of the Negative Elemental Plane.

Don't dwell on that.

Assuming that the Nightwalker in area 4 doesn't pound the heroes into goop, we can assume they find the secret door in Area 3 and proceed to the real next segment of the Fortress.

The corridor they now find themselves in goes straight north. There are two ways to proceed here: North takes them to areas 12-17, which contain nothing but death for the unwary, as well as Area 9. which contains a secret door that leads to where they want to go. They can also proceed south in the corridor, through a secret door, and take an alternate route through areas 6-8, which is much shorter (but much, much deadlier). Either way, we'll end up in the same place, so I'll just do the areas in numbered order-- which starts us with the short route.

As an aside, canny observers will find this place FULL of callbacks to the original TOMB OF HORRORS, traps that evoke the original or reference it in some way. It's actually really cool. See what parallels you notice!

If they find the southern secret door and travel that way, the corridor bends west and immediately ends in a dead end at Area 5. The wall contains a wooden lever, currently parked in the "neutral" position, and an iron plate that says Push Me. If they push the lever up, the whole corridor from the bend onward thrusts upward and mashes you into the ceiling for 4d10 points of damage. You can check Dex at -4 to dodge out of the way! If you push the lever downward... the exact same thing happens. What you're supposed to do is push the plate itself into the wall, which slides open the secret door and forward you go. Bashing down the door triggers the masher, of course.

Area 6 is the Pit O'Bone. It's a deep pit, spanned by a catwalk, filled with thousands of bones of every possible description. They rise almost to the level of the path.

do a little turn on the catwalk

These are not just for decoration, though. This room is the result of some of Acererak's tinkering and experimentation with the forces of the Negative Energy Plane. By messing with negative energy, he was able to create a new form of undead: a bone weird, four of which occupy this chamber. The weirds attack as soon as the PCs are ten feet into the chamber, and have a chance of knocking you off into the bones, which deals 2d6 damage from poking and an additional 2d6 each round as the animated bones clatter and swirl around you.

Bone Weirds are invisible creatures that can occupy bones. They create a serpentine body from a cloud of bones (which takes two rounds) and attack by biting or bashing. The bash deals d8 damage and knocks you into bones if you fail a save vs. paralyzation, whereupon you take damage as above. A bite also deals d8, but requires a saving throw vs. death magic. A failure indicates that you lose 1d6 bones straight outta your skelly which the Weird steals. This deals 4d10 damage and calls for a system shock check to avoid death. Bones lost are randomly determined and can be ANY bone.

Bone Weirds have an AC of 0, a decent Thac0 of 9, and take no damage at all from piercing weapons, and only one point from nonmagical weapons. They are immune to all magic except for magic which affects undead, which they have only a 25% chance to be affected by. They can be turned as liches, but again, 25% chance to work. You must reduce them to -10 hp to kill them; 0 just disperses their essence, and they'll be back in 4 turns at full HP. Acererak has bound these here with five opals buried beneath the bones; somehow locating and stealing these disperses the Weirds' essence.

Area 7 is... well...

It's that trap from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. The floor is covered in letter tiles of green stone, most of which have just regular letters, but some of which have numbers or weird symbols. There's a message on the wall that reads "Name me true or name me false. Your decision shall lead to loss."

This puzzle is intensely psychological. PCs who look to see if they can cross by stepping only on tiles that spell out ACERERAK or DEVOURER will find that, indeed, this is the case. Stepping on any tile that does not spell either of these names causes the stepped-upon tile to glow black and sound a deep, ominous chime throughout the chamber. This does absolutely nothing and PCs who just walk across randomly will be perfectly fine. Flying over the puzzle has a similar effect and is likewise safe.

If you get clever and decide to step on tiles that spell out ACERERAK or DEVOURER, though, you done hosed up. Each tile you step on incurs a save vs. spell with a cumulative -1 penalty for each after the first. Both names have eight letters, so that's eight saves. Failing them has the following results:
1) 1d6 cold damage
2) 1d6+2 cold damage
3) 1d6+4 fire damage
4) 1d6+6 fire damage
5) 2d6+6 electrical damage
6) 3d6+6 electrical damage
7) Lose 1d2 levels
8) Your soul is ripped from your body and deposited in Acererak's phylactery in Room 30.

Also, if you somehow manage to survive all of this and make it across, you are teleported back to the start of the tiles.

Thanks, Acererak.

Area 8... let's talk about area 8. It's another great green Face of the Devourer, just like the famous one in the TOMB OF HORRORS... the one with the sphere of annihilation in its mouth. Remember that guy? Seems so quaint now, doesn't it? This looks pretty much identical to that. But it's not.

This face does not contain a sphere of annihilation. This face contains a blackball.

For those of you who have not read the Mystara Monstrous Compendium (ie all of you), this incredibly horrible thing is basically a living, mobile sphere of annihilation. Acererak has bound it in, we are told, one of his most personally dangerous feats. It lives in the Face's mouth and sits there quietly, waiting, absorbing all light that falls into it, until poked or prodded by dumbass adventurers, whereupon it comes to get you. it moves at a speed of 3 (so, not too speedy, at least) and is utterly implacable; it can sense intelligent creatures within 60 feet and will unerringly beeline for them, disintegrating anything in its way with no saves of any kind allowed. It will not stop for anything, ever, unless you can get 60 feet away from it, at which point it will slink back to its hidey-hole and wait.

I'm not going to bother providing stats for this thing. It barely has a statblock anyways. Anything that touches it gets annihilated with no save, except maybe artifacts and relics (DM's discretion). This is what can affect it:
1) A wish
2) A rod of cancellation will stop it for one round and be destroyed in the process.
3) The explosion that happens when you put a portable hole into a bag of holding can send it to another plane. In this circumstance that is not very helpful.
4) Touching it to a real sphere of annihilation destroys the sphere and everything within 200 yards and sends the blackball to another plane.

That's it! Good luck!

You can dodge past it in the corridor, but doing so incurs a Dex check at -3. If you fail, roll a d6 to see what gets annihilated:
1) Hand
2) Arm
3) Foot
4) Leg
5) Lower body
6) Completely Absorbed

If you lose a leg or lower body and fall, it swoops down and leaves nothing but a groove in the floor of the corridor to mark you were ever there.

Why mess with this thing? Behind it, in the mouth, there's a secret door. It won't follow you through the door, so if you can lure it out long enough to find the door, then bypass it and slip through, you're safe. Well, as safe as you can be in a sadistic lich's personal fortress.

is that one guy a ghost or what

Good news is, that takes you straight to Area 21 and the way out. Bad news is... everything I just read, basically. So let's go the long way. Assume the PCs go north in the corridor they get to Area 9. This is the "vapourdrome," a 40' wide hollow sphere full of vapor-- much like some rooms in the original TOMB OF HORRORS. This vapor is vapor of idiocy/agony as described in the new spells section; Acererak modified his original Idiot Fog recipe and made it permanent here. Entering the vapor causes a save vs. poison (with no penalty if you have more than 6 HD, which all PCs here should) or become feebleminded, as the spell, until breathing fresh air outside in the daytime. This version also causes agony, which requires a save vs. poison each round or you take 1d6 damage (1 point on a successful save). It is extremely painful (for you). The PCs aren't alone here, though through the thick mist that won't be apparent at first. There's a dretch, an absolutely pathetic form of tanar'ri, bound here; Acererak stationed a glabrezu in Room 10, who gated in this poor fellow to torture for his amusement. The dretch is immune to the damage and idiocy but not the pain, and is bound at the bottom of the dome. It'll squeal for help when the PCs arrive, and the glabrezu will hear and set up an ambush in Room 10. You can free the dretch, but the manacles that bind it are hard to pick and it doesn't know anything anyways, plus it's a tanar'ri. Why would you trust anything it says? There IS a secret door here that leads to a passage to Area 18, but the dretch doesn't know about it.

Area 10 is the glabrezu's lair, full of stinking offal and garbage with a nest burrowed into it. Sharp hooks on chains dangle from the ceiling. These are cursed rending hooks of Dargeshaad as I described earlier; if you are hooked on one, it melds with you, and only a remove curse at 15th level or greater can free you. It chews into you, causing a saving throw vs. death magic each round, with failure indicating a loss of 1d4 from a random ability score. When anything hits 0, you die. Each round you must make a Con check to do anything but writhe in agony.

The glabrezu here has a ring of invisibility he will activate to prepare an ambush. He's sadistic, bored, and bound here (and to Area 9) by Acererak, so he has a lot of frustration to work out on you. His plan is to use sneakiness and, if necessary, his power word: stun to grab you and stick you on a hook until all three hooks are full. He's a pretty nasty demon; five attacks (at fairly low damage, but still), a killer AC of -7 and a passable Thac0 of 11, immune to weapons of less than +2 enchantment, etc. He has a ton of spell-like abilities: in addition to the stun (7x/day) he has burning hands, charm person, confusion, dispel magic, enlarge, mirror image, reverse gravity, and always-on detect magic and true seeing. He can also try to gate in other tanar'ri, though I'm not sure if he would. At least he can't plane shift because of the terms of his service to Acererak. Once he's dead, the PCs can find his treasure: 3.5k sp, 2.4k gp, various jewelry worth lots of cash, crystal earrings that function together as a ring of protection +1, and a vorpal blade. There's also a secret door in his room that leads to area 11.

Area 11 is not, however, a place you want to go. The tunnel opens into a room scattered with humanoid bodies in an otherwise empty room. You can enter normally, but leaving triggers a death ward over the door which can kill up to 42 HD total of creatures who try to leave the room and fail a save vs. death magic at -4. The door radiates magic and a thief can detect the trap at -50% efficacy, so at least you have a shot. But seriously, there's nothing here, leave it alone; it's just where tanar'ri toss people they're bored with. They come in periodically to scatter the bodies (which tend to pile up at the exit) and Acererak comes here once a week to reset his ward. When the PCs enter, the bodies here animate and attack them as basic skeletons; however, Acererak is instantly alerted, and comes to see what's up. If a PC is killed by the death ward Acererak will instantly possess that PC's animated corpse and attack with all of his spells. He'll leave you alone if you "kill" his possessed form after he does a decent amount of damage, but if he's unsatisfied with the mayhem he'll switch to one of the skeletons here and let you have it.

There's some lovely treasure here, too, but it's totally not worth it. That could really be the byline for the whole adventure.
Next time: More nightmarish traps and unremitting horror! Seriously, how the gently caress did Desatysso solo his way through this?!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Even before the Blackball got buffed for the Epic Level Handbook, along with a few other refugees from Mystara, it was a weird and nasty little thing. Back in BD&D it had stats both for epic level play and for Immortal PCs (who had literally gone on to godhood) and was lethal in either arena. Immortals could survive two brushes with the things, losing a third of their divine mojo each time, and a third strike left little more than a cosmic burp.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

There's some lovely treasure here, too, but it's totally not worth it. That could really be the byline for the whole adventure.
Next time: More nightmarish traps and unremitting horror! Seriously, how the gently caress did Desatysso solo his way through this?!

A truly staggering number of summon monster wands and the sacrifice of countless celestial badgers or what-have-you probably. I don't know what the 2E version summoned.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I love the floor puzzle, it's basically designed to punish the kind of overly cautious and paranoid mindset that the original Tomb of Horrors and Moil will have probably instilled in each and every player at this point. The brave or the just plain foolhardy have the safest way through but will you even have any such PCs left by the time you've reached the Fortress?

The blackball is also a lot fairer than it looks I feel because:

A) Anyone who fiddles around with a green demon face at this point honestly deserves everything they get.

B) Finding a way to get around this slow-rear end thing is probably a fun challenge. My current group would probably try to bait it out with a summoned creature or the scapegoat PC while the rest snuck through the secret door that it was sitting on.

C)Depending on how easily you can lead this thing around you might be able to use it to destroy a lot of other dungeon monsters like the Bone Weirds in the room just below. I'm picturing someone somehow baiting the blackball all the way through the Fortress and into Acererak's face.

EDIT: The original Tomb of Horrors was one of my first D&D experiences but I never got to see Return so this has all been incredibly nostalgic to me and I'm genuinely glad you chose to pick this readthrough up again.

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 3, 2016

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

ZeroCount posted:

I love the floor puzzle, it's basically designed to punish the kind of overly cautious and paranoid mindset that the original Tomb of Horrors and Moil will have probably instilled in each and every player at this point. The brave or the just plain foolhardy have the safest way through but will you even have any such PCs left by the time you've reached the Fortress?

The warning is fair though. My first reaction to "Name me true or name me false. Your decision shall lead to loss." was 'maybe I won't do either of those things then.'

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I think the ghost is all the PCs that stuck around after dying in the first room, waiting for a way to get back in.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

This puzzle is intensely psychological. PCs who look to see if they can cross by stepping only on tiles that spell out ACERERAK or DEVOURER will find that, indeed, this is the case. Stepping on any tile that does not spell either of these names causes the stepped-upon tile to glow black and sound a deep, ominous chime throughout the chamber. This does absolutely nothing and PCs who just walk across randomly will be perfectly fine. Flying over the puzzle has a similar effect and is likewise safe.

But in Gnollish, Acererak is spelled with two K!

And those last Beast entries were very inspiring:

Top-Secret, kinda sorta WIP posted:

"So you friendzoned that creepy Otaku? Sweet!"

Younger Mahous have developed an argot all their own surrounding their lifestyles. This slang, while not partciluarly discreet, makes talking about hunting the Monsters of the Week a little less conspicuous to unsuspecting bystanders.

Bad Boy: A Demon.
Caramelldansen: A big Mahou celebration.
Cosplay: transforming, be it a standard henshin or with some disguise pen.
Cousins: Two Mahous in a lesbian relationship.
creepy: another term for "evil".
to friendzone: to "purify" someone.
D: A Hunter.
Edward: A Vampire.
Filler: a very uneventful patrol.
Furry: Those Ferals or however they're called again.
Hachiko: A Werewolf.
Hakase: A Genius.
Hentai: A patrol that didn't quite went as planned.
Koi: A Leviathan.
Kyubei: A not so helpful mascot.
Leekspin: A very easy patrol.
Otaku: A Mage.
Ouendan: A male Mahou focusing on on moral support. Aka another term for the Tuxedo splat.
Peach: A Princess (who are somewhat different from Mahous).
Perv: A Monster of the Week. Also Beasts (Mahous see no difference in the two).
Pikachu: A helpful mascot.
Puck: A Changeling.
to read: to witness something.
She-Ra: A foreign Mahou. Males are called He-Man.
Slashfic: A duel between to male Mahous.
Weeabo: A foreign Mage.
Yami: A Mummy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Missed out on calling foteign hunters Belmonts.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

ZeroCount posted:

C)Depending on how easily you can lead this thing around you might be able to use it to destroy a lot of other dungeon monsters like the Bone Weirds in the room just below. I'm picturing someone somehow baiting the blackball all the way through the Fortress and into Acererak's face.

That'd be a hilarious outcome. Is there actually anything in the adventure to prevent that?

Also the Bone Weirds are, oddly enough, probably less dangerous than original flavour Water Weirds, which just attack with a save-or-die drowning strike. Though I guess losing your spine counts for much the same. Is there a provided table to roll for what bones you lose? Or is it just up to the GM?

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Missed out on calling foteign hunters Belmonts.

Only if they hunt Edwards.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Doresh posted:

But in Gnollish, Acererak is spelled with two K!

And those last Beast entries were very inspiring:

These are great and I really really hope this is a game about hunting down Beasts etc. and then teaching them the meaning of friendship via magical rainbow heart beams.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

megane posted:

These are great and I really really hope this is a game about hunting down Beasts etc. and then teaching them the meaning of friendship via magical rainbow heart beams.

Beasts are invited to an important lesson about friendship and love, with the teachers Fist-to-the-Face and Heartshaped Explosion.

Nancy_Noxious
Apr 10, 2013

by Smythe

Doresh posted:

Beasts are invited to an important lesson about friendship and love, with the teachers Fist-to-the-Face and Heartshaped Explosion.

So gay bashing has become fashionable again? (And Trump isn't even the president yet...)

Edit: if you people really need your games to have 100% straight characters and themes, why don't you just play Pendragon? I hear it is quite the heteronormative sexism simulator.

Nancy_Noxious fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 3, 2016

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Hostile V posted:

AnitiDae&Dae, or AD&D for short.

Since nobody else is giving this love, :golfclap:

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
If you're going to make an analogy about beast and gaybashing, pretty sure "Well, I need to teach that kid a lesson about what sort of bad things are waiting for him for his sins" is literally a justification that a beast would identify with and also the sort of self-justifying bullshit a homophobe would use to justify beating up a gay kid.

But then, you're probably not arguing from good faith.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Speaking as a gay person, I'd be pretty happy to avoid that kind of representation.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Nancy_Noxious posted:

So gay bashing has become fashionable again? (And Trump isn't even the president yet...)

Edit: if you people really need your games to have 100% straight characters and themes, why don't you just play Pendragon? I hear it is quite the heteronormative sexism simulator.

Trump will make the Sailor Scouts great again.

(And since when did "gay" mean "monstrous serial killer with serious issues"?)

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

as I've said before, if Beasts really are supposed to represent gays and other marginalized groups, that's even worse than no representation because Beasts are so horrible. If Beast carries a message about gay-bashing, it's that "those gays deserve what they get and should be bashed more because of the threat they pose to everyone else."

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I agree, the only LGBT examples Beast has is a pair of gay guys who trick people into drowning themselves, and a non-binary/third-gender serial killer who seem to be ripped out of a Dee Snyder movie, playing up the stereotype that LGBTs are unstable murderous lunatics - that's worse than no representation.

So Noxious_Nancy, take your bad faith argument along with your copy of beast and shove it up your god drat rear end until you can taste paper.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Please don't engage terrible gimmick posters.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Robindaybird posted:

I agree, the only LGBT examples Beast has is a pair of gay guys who trick people into drowning themselves, and a non-binary/third-gender serial killer who seem to be ripped out of a Dee Snyder movie, playing up the stereotype that LGBTs are unstable murderous lunatics - that's worse than no representation.

Unstable murderous lunatics who have willingly replaced their soul with an Eldritch abomination. This makes the old "homosexuality is an insanity" treatment of early Palladium books seem downright positive in comparison.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Siivola posted:

Please don't engage terrible gimmick posters.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Making Beasts a stand in for the LGBT community lends credence to their detractors because even if their actions are completely outside their control the argument is still "Gays are unfairly inflicting their beliefs and lifestyle upon young children".

Also worth noting that Beasts "Feed" at the moment of catharsis when someone gives up and acknowledges that the Beast is right about them and has the right to dictate the terms of their life.

Why are Heroes the stand in for internet trolls again?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kurieg posted:

Making Beasts a stand in for the LGBT community lends credence to their detractors because even if their actions are completely outside their control the argument is still "Gays are unfairly inflicting their beliefs and lifestyle upon young children".

Also worth noting that Beasts "Feed" at the moment of catharsis when someone gives up and acknowledges that the Beast is right about them and has the right to dictate the terms of their life.

Why are Heroes the stand in for internet trolls again?
Plus there's the whole thing where Beasts look like normal people until they've lured, stalked, or otherwise trapped you in their home, at which point they reveal their hideous true self and inflict themselves on you for their own pleasure. wait is this book a hate crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

FATAL & Friends 2016: is this book a hate crime