Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dt3IrdampY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hollow Man was a weird movie.

I would have loved for the reason Kevin Bacon be super strong and poo poo is cause he got invisible gorilla blood in him.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The only thing I remember about that movie was predator Kevin Bacon dong.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The WHM crew comes up with comics like Jesse Eisenberg in that weird mediocre Max Landis movie
Catch and Release? Doomsday?? I'm A Stoner and a CIA Agent, Get Me Out of Here!??

Edit: oh yeah American ultra

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

mediocre Max Landis movie
Give it a few more years and this'll be like the junior version of "that one movie with Malcolm McDowell."

e: The only reason I hope Landis gets to make his movie where orcs are literally stand-ins for black people so Max loving Landis, the epitome of born on third and thinks he hit a triple, can tell us how hard life is for minorities, is so that one day I can hear WHM make fun of it.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 29, 2016

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

TetsuoTW posted:

e: The only reason I hope Landis gets to make his movie where orcs are literally stand-ins for black people so Max loving Landis, the epitome of born on third and thinks he hit a triple, can tell us how hard life is for minorities, is so that one day I can hear WHM make fun of it.

Are you making GBS threads me

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

fatherboxx posted:

90 million dollars

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

fatherboxx posted:

Don't worry, apparently the main orc is actually going to be played by Joel Edgerton so it's OK that the orcs are a thinly veiled metaphor for The Black Experience because he's actually white.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah, that movie is gonna be a complete trainwreck but the furore around it is going to be hilarious so I really hope it gets made. The inevitable Onion article about it alone will make it all worthwhile.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Max Landis Must Be Stopped

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Max Landis Must Be Stopped

Time for Twilight Zone 2!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Red Bones posted:

Yeah, that movie is gonna be a complete trainwreck but the furore around it is going to be hilarious so I really hope it gets made. The inevitable Onion article about it alone will make it all worthwhile.

And, of course, should have been a Shadowrun movie.

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
I can't believe the WHM guys missed a golden opportunity for a '600 degrees of Kevin Bacon' joke in the flamethrower scene.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I can't wait to take How Things Are next semester. I hear Professor Sajdak is great.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I don't recall any episodes that featured a different lineup than Andrew, Steve and another person. Chris was there for most of the early run, now it's Eric. Then some fill-in guys here and there.

There are episodes with Andrew, Eric, and Chris (RIPD). This mailbag brings up one of them, Blind Fury.

Fezz posted:

From the beginning it was Andrew plus a pretty steady rotation of 2 out of the three of Chris, Eric and Steve with occasional episodes with all four of them or a special guest as the fourth person. It's only when Chris turned into a ghost (RIPD) that the lineup was all Andrew, Steve and Eric. Now that Chris has been dragon balled back to life I imagine it will either go back to the old rotation or just permanently be all four.

Yeah, I think they said their goal this season is to have all 4 of them. Not that it's actually happened yet.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I like to imagine that Cabin was revived in some sort of hip NY beer cafe lazarus pit.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

well why not posted:

I like to imagine that Cabin was revived in some sort of hip NY beer cafe lazarus pit.

Sajdak, Eric and Andrew stand around a transmutation circle with elemental materials for a human being at the center, in unison "BEERGUZZLE!"

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

What episode does the goblin joke that they say sometimes come from?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Red Bones posted:

What episode does the goblin joke that they say sometimes come from?

http://gawker.com/alex-jones-is-very-worried-about-donald-trump-loving-1782790861

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

MEMEWATCH

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

well why not posted:

It's that scene from Hellboy where they revive Rasputin but with a whole bunch of Banquet Beer being poured into the snaking pattern.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

They're the ones who did the bit about a bunch of guys in a bar getting together to rank actresses, right? And the club leader kept getting mad that everybody was listing weird retro choices? I want a special patreon episode of those guys' podcast.

Wasn't that a bit that was based on the (very real) scene in Pixels where Kevin James and Adam Sandler sit around in a bar ranking actresses?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

precision posted:

Wasn't that a bit that was based on the (very real) scene in Pixels where Kevin James and Adam Sandler sit around in a bar ranking actresses?

"President" Kevin James at that with his loser highschool buddy in a Buffallo loving wildwings

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I desperately want to play a board game called "Gorilla Heart Attack".

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
What's the episode where they talk about Dragula?

Flython
Oct 21, 2010

ghost emoji posted:

What's the episode where they talk about Dragula?

The Watcher.

While we're asking for stuff does anyone know which mailbag has Steve going crazy about his favourite Steven Seagal line.

Flython fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 3, 2016

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
October line-up:

Episode 267 — Pet Semetary 2
Episode 268 — Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers
Episode 269 — Ernest Scared Stupid
Episode 270 — Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
No Hellraiser 3 this year :sigh:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That is a solid lineup, and I'm excited for all of it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
My earth science teacher had us watch The Core and The Day After Tomorrow to mock them and specifically the bad science in them. I got extra credit for a short essay on how even IF the day after scenario played out with a global freeze and then temperatures readjusting we're all still doomed.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MariusLecter posted:

My earth science teacher had us watch The Core and The Day After Tomorrow to mock them and specifically the bad science in them. I got extra credit for a short essay on how even IF the day after scenario played out with a global freeze and then temperatures readjusting we're all still doomed.

The Core was going to be an entertaining bad movie, but it basically got pre-emptively Cinema Sins and Neil DeGrasse Tyson'd out of being worth watching http://www.aintitcool.com/node/14288

Note: The guy bitching about how those cretins wanted to put dinosaurs in his ingenious SF movie would later go on to write that brilliant work of hard SF known as Michael Bay's Transformers

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Is TCM: The Next Generation the one with Matthew Mcconaughey flipping the gently caress out for 100% of his scenes? Because I am super hype for that episode!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Crowetron posted:

Is TCM: The Next Generation the one with Matthew Mcconaughey flipping the gently caress out for 100% of his scenes? Because I am super hype for that episode!

I looked it up, and he's in that movie, so probably.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Has Clancy Brown ever been on an episode? He's such a great character actor (with a very distinct imitatable voice) I'm shocked he's never had a movie on there yet.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm glad that they will finally do an Ernest movie.

ghost emoji posted:

Has Clancy Brown ever been on an episode? He's such a great character actor (with a very distinct imitatable voice) I'm shocked he's never had a movie on there yet.

Green Lantern

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"But seriously, Vern was a genius and he'll truly be missed."

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
:lol: what kind of 17 year old boy is disgusted and horrified by sex. it's like how a grandma would react to public sex.
looks like he didn't get any cool earth science teachers. or maybe he did and they showed Irreversible and he was never the same since (there's a lot of earth and science in that movie). Someone thinking Funny Games is a comedy and accidentally showing it to a class is the funniest thing I've heard all week. I forget the year he mentioned it happening, I wonder if it was Funny Games US, rare case where I actually slightly preferred the remake just cuz of the cast.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
This is the second time they've done something I've called in for LRM (Suburban Commando, Ernest Scared Stupid). Maybe I do have good suggestions after all. :unsmith:

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers is the worst of the Halloween movies.

I say this haven't seen Rob Zombies second Halloween movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yaws posted:

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Meyers is the worst of the Halloween movies.

I say this haven't seen Rob Zombies second Halloween movie.

Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 is easily the best Halloween sequel other than 3, but I've always thought Halloween's sequels were redundant in every way.