Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I tried to track CCKeane last night and my action failed.

If anyone wants to claim an RB, that'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Aggro posted:

Didn't you spend literally all of day #2 explaining why lynching you is a poor use of our time?

No the whole not lynching me thing is good, the setup spec seems very specific and like you're a bit too sure.

CapitalistPig posted:

because survivors are bad and favor scum.

you know what else favors scum

townies that don't read

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART

BottleKnight posted:

No the whole not lynching me thing is good, the setup spec seems very specific and like you're a bit too sure.
Just speculation and wishful thinking. A good game setup is usually ~25% scum. We already had the traitor flip. If there are four scum left, we're pretty hosed, so I'm assuming that there are three at most.

My notes also have plausible groups of scum instead of just individuals. It makes it a little easier to make connections that way.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

This isn't me being rusty, this is just me being an idiot, and now I'm getting upset about it, probably because of the new hormones.

I'm going to go take a breather, hopefully come back later tonight or tomorrow with a fresh perspective. Or I'll come back to being dead and then you can yell at whoever rushed five votes two days before deadline.

I was also in the process of building a case against PMush, but this post stopped me in my tracks. It's kinda meta, but that first sentence is just something so oddly personal that I have trouble picturing a scum player saying it. Anyone else have input?

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Aggro posted:

I was also in the process of building a case against PMush, but this post stopped me in my tracks. It's kinda meta, but that first sentence is just something so oddly personal that I have trouble picturing a scum player saying it. Anyone else have input?

Not sure why I don't remember PMush saying that..but that does stand out. Hmm

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aggro posted:

Please don't let meta keep you from playing your best game. If I survive because of out-of-game pity, I'd feel way worse than just getting killed. But it's all of town's decision, not just mine, so...

I dunno.

Anyways, BK's flipflopping like a motherfucker, so I'm gonna go ahead and bet that the lynchproof claim is a lie.

##vote BottleKnight

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If I thought I was incapable of playing properly, I'd have replaced out.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Aggro posted:

So, AnonymousNarcotics, CapitalistPig, DickBastardly, and The Lord of Hats all posted loving nothing substantial on day #2. Pretty tough to find scum when a third of the surviving players in the game are barely posting.

Of these four, I feel like I posted the most. Perhaps lacking in quality investigation, but I just don't know where to start. My role has no investigative benefit I can assure you. Regardless of Pmush's random meta-esque post, which probably was a result of hormones by her own admission, her willingness to bandwagon krell day 1 feels like a scum wanting to rid a townie playing it off as policy vote concurrence. But I really don't know the history there, nor do I care much to look it up myself. I guess I'll have to play this game with my gut, and my gut favors not the flavor of mushrooms.

##vote Pmush

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
BTW Anarc is town! Or at least, not scum aligned! Last night I was invited into her Masonry. She said she has a town Wincon, as well as another secondary wincon that has already expired. I don't want to go too into detail, and slip her up. So I will let her finish after this bit, if they want to give more info.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

DickBastardly posted:

Of these four, I feel like I posted the most. Perhaps lacking in quality investigation, but I just don't know where to start. My role has no investigative benefit I can assure you. Regardless of Pmush's random meta-esque post, which probably was a result of hormones by her own admission, her willingness to bandwagon krell day 1 feels like a scum wanting to rid a townie playing it off as policy vote concurrence. But I really don't know the history there, nor do I care much to look it up myself. I guess I'll have to play this game with my gut, and my gut favors not the flavor of mushrooms.

##vote Pmush

My wife puts mushrooms on EVERYTHING she gets, and we went to a chinese buffet and she even started to pick the chicken out of the Mushroom and chicken and eat only the mushrooms. I had to stop myself from gagging.
##vote PMUSH

For all of the reasons you said before, but mostly that Krell vote. I can understand BLOOD IN THE WATER FEEDING FRENZY! Cuz, that's why I voted but like, it just seemed really disingenuous how she felt the need to justify it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
So either I was roleblocked night 1 or the person I tried to invite to the masonry was scum and that doesn't work? It's an unconfirmed masonry but maybe it's a hidden requirement that it only works if the person I invite is also town. I know setup spec is stupid. Just putting it out there.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I guess I can try inviting them again and see if it works

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I guess I can try inviting them again and see if it works

I wouldn't waste your time trying again.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

So either I was roleblocked night 1 or the person I tried to invite to the masonry was scum and that doesn't work? It's an unconfirmed masonry but maybe it's a hidden requirement that it only works if the person I invite is also town. I know setup spec is stupid. Just putting it out there.

From what I've read, usually the mason dies if they attempt to recruit a scum player. So a role block is more likely.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

DickBastardly posted:

From what I've read, usually the mason dies if they attempt to recruit a scum player. So a role block is more likely.

It's terrible that we are such a deficit because we could use this by having her claim who she's going to investigate before she does, and then see if she dies or not...

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

It's terrible that we are such a deficit because we could use this by having her claim who she's going to investigate before she does, and then see if she dies or not...

True. But if we assume the role blocker is scum, then this would be a foolhardy tip-off. Is the risk worth the reward (in this case "reward" being another town death)?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

DickBastardly posted:

True. But if we assume the role blocker is scum, then this would be a foolhardy tip-off. Is the risk worth the reward (in this case "reward" being another town death)?

Oh, no don't get me wrong, that's why I was sure to throw in the fact that we are losing. Hard. We really can't afford any kind of screw ups right now, it sounds super anti-town but I would rather a day of no lynch if we can narrow down WHO is scum, because I think we can learn a lot if we do. My biggest concern is that drat vote on Krell. There is A LOT to be learned from it, but no one likes playing with Krell. so It's hard to tell what is scum riding a vote on a town player, and what is people actually hating krell and not wanting to play with him.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

If anyone is a huge loser, and wants to take the time. We can try and figure out who actually played games with Krell and who didn't. That way we can narrow down who actually had a reason to vote him, and who was just voting him to propagate a band wagon.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

If anyone is a huge loser, and wants to take the time. We can try and figure out who actually played games with Krell and who didn't. That way we can narrow down who actually had a reason to vote him, and who was just voting him to propagate a band wagon.

*puts finger on nose*

not it

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Well, Ecco, Max, and AR are dead. So that leaves from first vote to last vote:

Poison Mushroom
BottleKnight
Jimson
mirotrem
DickBastardly
Lord of Hats (hammer)

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Not it!

mirotrem
May 7, 2010

Aggro posted:

Well, Ecco, Max, and AR are dead. So that leaves from first vote to last vote:

Poison Mushroom
BottleKnight
Jimson
mirotrem
DickBastardly
Lord of Hats (hammer)

My first game here and I was just going with the group consensus. I also dislike day 1 in a role madness game so it worked in hand in hand.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Could those who are voting Pmush, please summarize their reasons for doing so?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Krunge posted:

Could those who are voting Pmush, please summarize their reasons for doing so?

They were one of the few people to justify the reason for their vote, and then keep pushing it, after it was obvious everyone was okay with just voting him because they hate him. Seems disingenuous and forced. Maybe, she just wanted to reinforce why she was doing it, but IDK. My whole reason was BLOOD IN THE WATER! FEEDING TIME! (also I played a game with krell before where it got bogged down in discussing whether we should lynch him like... day 3 and it was boring and lost a lot of traction)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Playing defensively because of how close we must be to LYLO:

One of the following must be true:
-- I am what I say I am.
-- I am a scum tracker.
-- I lied about investigating Krunge on Day 2, either knowing or guessing that they wouldn't go anywhere.

I'm town, but since I really don't wanna get dunked, let's humor the people who think I'm scum for a minute.

Why would I lie about investigating Krunge? If they were scum, wouldn't that be a terrible, terrible idea? Wouldn't either risking a dunk on being caught in a lie, or outing my basically-unreadable scumbuddy be monumentally idiotic? If you believe I lied on Night 1, please justify why I would do so.

But if you believe I'm actually a scum tracker, why would I out myself on D2? Scum Tracker would be way more useful on the DL to shake out town power roles and/or SKs.

Please justify why you are voting on me.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

##unvote

I'm way to tired to read and parse your argument PMUSH but with what little I could understand I am gonna take my vote off of you, if only because you seem to be genuine with your intent, but IDK. You say, Justify why we are voting you when as town all we have to say is "Because we think you're scum" and it should be good enough. It should be on you to provide an alternate scum read, instead of having us waste time defending our votes on you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##unvote

Eeeeeeeehhhhhh.

Also let's not vote BK.

I'd vote Aggro next.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

Eeeeeeeehhhhhh.

Also let's not vote BK.

I'd vote Aggro next.

:same:

##vote aggro

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Poison Mushroom posted:

Playing defensively because of how close we must be to LYLO:

One of the following must be true:
-- I am what I say I am.
-- I am a scum tracker.
-- I lied about investigating Krunge on Day 2, either knowing or guessing that they wouldn't go anywhere.

I'm town, but since I really don't wanna get dunked, let's humor the people who think I'm scum for a minute.

Why would I lie about investigating Krunge? If they were scum, wouldn't that be a terrible, terrible idea? Wouldn't either risking a dunk on being caught in a lie, or outing my basically-unreadable scumbuddy be monumentally idiotic? If you believe I lied on Night 1, please justify why I would do so.

But if you believe I'm actually a scum tracker, why would I out myself on D2? Scum Tracker would be way more useful on the DL to shake out town power roles and/or SKs.

Please justify why you are voting on me.

##unvote

I can't really find any holes in your defense at the moment. If you are a tracker, which I can't really find a reason not to believe, then keep it coming with the info. We need all of it that we can get.

What's your beef with BK exactly?

mafia e: forgot to bold the unvote...not sure if that's important to do or not.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BK vote is a mistake. Ignore him.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

Eeeeeeeehhhhhh.

Also let's not vote BK.

I'd vote Aggro next.

Do have anything you would like to share with the class?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

Do have anything you would like to share with the class?

Yes.

*Farts for 15 minutes*

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

You know, considering Aggro criticized my posting or "lack thereof" on day 2, and having not mentioned anything regarding your posting activities seems strange to me. Why start a bandwagon on him? Seems he's got a soft spot for you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Hello it's PMush thank you God bless.

##vote PMush
Care to explain your reasons?

Or why I failed when I tried to see where you went? Because I'm starting to suspect you might be a ninja or an autoblocker or something.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DickBastardly posted:

You know, considering Aggro criticized my posting or "lack thereof" on day 2, and having not mentioned anything regarding your posting activities seems strange to me. Why start a bandwagon on him? Seems he's got a soft spot for you.

That's fine. His opinion on me doesnt affect if he's scum or not.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Care to explain your reasons?

Or why I failed when I tried to see where you went? Because I'm starting to suspect you might be a ninja or an autoblocker or something.

I was going off of the AS kill, who was pursuing you aggressively.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Krunge posted:

##vote aggro

Can we please not start another band wagon

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Krunge posted:

##vote aggro

Would dig any reasoning for this. I've been trying as much as possible to articulate my thoughts and provide explanations for why I'm voting or not voting.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Aggro posted:

Would dig any reasoning for this. I've been trying as much as possible to articulate my thoughts and provide explanations for why I'm voting or not voting.

Got any capri sun?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I was going off of the AS kill, who was pursuing you aggressively.
I mean, sure? That feels like a flimsy reason for Day 3, especially without even a basic case. Why do you feel safe speculating on why the NK was picked? There must be more to it than "AS didn't like you, and I am therefore picking up their ball and running with it".

Krunge posted:

##vote aggro
Hi, Krunge! Nice to see you engaging. What's up with the me-too?

Also, anyone wanna claim the RB? I'm currently operating under the assumption that my Track failed for antitown reasons since no one's admitting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
CC, do you have a good reason for mobbing Aggro? I feel weird just going along with it.

• Locked thread